New Medal Being Offered!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby Gossamer on July 8th, 2010, 7:46 pm

Peer Reviewer Medal!

Greetings Mizaharians!

We really desperately need help in finding Peer Reviewers willing to volunteer a few minutes of their time to read World Development articles that are in the Peer Review stage. Because of this, we thought it would be nice to offer a new medal for your consideration. The Peer Reviewer! Come on. You know you want a nifty new medal of a fiery redhead being created before your very eyes by a lovely red ink pen. Why red ink? Well... we need reviews that are critical yet gentle that will help folks correct spelling, grammar, and most importantly content.

Please volunteer. These lore authors need reviews badly and they are working under an August 1st deadline to get grandfathered in under the new submission rules.

Regards,

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby Dhanya on July 8th, 2010, 8:41 pm

Hey, this is a great idea! Awesome!
Dhanya
Probably attractive in real life.

Words: 136227
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2010, 12:52 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1)

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby Siiri on July 8th, 2010, 9:14 pm

Ok, maybe I missed it in some other parts of the forum because I don't go there or something, but is there some sort of guideline for us to follow when we review someone's work? What should we look out for, give suggestions/advise about, that sort of thing. Grammar and spelling are no brainers, but if someone was making an entry on a monster/place/npc/plant/something else, what should the reviews be actually looking for that would make them say, "You did well covering this part, but this other part needs work/detail because...". There might be people out there who want to help out but aren't really sure what they should be doing and how they should be doing it.

Just a thought.
Apologies to everyone I'm threading with, but it's like the Danaides for me right now.
==/==
"If it doesn't solve all your problems, maybe you're not using enough of it." - Violence
Siiri
Beast of Prey

Words: 521753
Joined roleplay: September 18th, 2009, 3:22 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby Gossamer on July 8th, 2010, 9:22 pm

Siiri -

Good question. In this thread it defines what a good critique should be.

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic1131.html

Here's the quote!

Regards, Jen

Critques

When posting a potential article to the World Development Forum, you are soliciting PUBLIC feedback, critique, and inviting discussion. Founders will post to your articles and will point out flaws, weaknesses, or areas that lack attention to detail. This is a critique. Remember, the definition of a critique in this context is a critical review of a written piece of work. We are not critiquing people because we enjoy pointing out their mistakes. We are instead critiquing them because we hold our Wiki entries to a high standard and expect when people develop material for Mizahar that they comply to these standards as well. Remember, anyone can help review an article. However, just saying something is 'great' is not really helpful when the piece needs work. Helpful feedback consists of opinions on material, suggestions for improvements of grammar, spelling, punctuation. Polite disagreements of outlined material are also helpful but please provide evidence as to why you disagree.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby Alodian Aviastas on July 9th, 2010, 12:09 am

SInce I spend most of my time when I'm on here waiting for posts, I will gladly write reviews for them.
Alodian Aviastas
The Wandering Healer

Words: 38674
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2010, 2:24 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Peer Reviewer (1) Power Fork (1)

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby Malia on July 9th, 2010, 8:09 pm

The medal is a great idea and I hope that it really motivates people to write peer reviews. I know that it motivates me! I have infinite time now (holidays), so I hope I can get myself to browsing the world development. :)

On another note, I've seen that Cyrill has already been awarded such a medal. Congratulations!
Malia
The Remnants

Words: 229208
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2009, 5:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (18)
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (2)
Power Fork (1)

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby Gossamer on July 19th, 2010, 6:17 am

Be sure to nudge me if you have made yourself eligible for this medal! Please include a link. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby Nero Czan on July 23rd, 2010, 6:46 pm

Seems like a fun way to keep my focus steady, and not end up running off again. >.>" I'll be sure to browse the WD forum for some fun punis- 'Critiquing,' once I get my bearings... AGAIN.

~Nero. ^^
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Image
Nero Czan
"Lead by Example, Protect by Force."

Words: 121734
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2009, 2:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

New Medal Being Offered!

Postby AnastasiaCosmo on September 9th, 2010, 6:33 am

I will gladly write reviews for them.

Player

Words: 474