[Verified by Jupiter] Mialy Kohakaren

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Mialy Kohakaren

Postby Mialy on June 9th, 2013, 1:01 am

If your too lazy to read through a wall of text, there is an OOC section at the bottom. Be warned, you may perceive a drop in IQ, if you read the summaries without being mentally prepared. If you have questions, their probably answered in the OOC section.
Secret :
Name
Mialy Kohakaren
Race
Human
Birthday
45th Day, Winter, 491AV
Birthplace
(Forgotten)Syliras
Appearance
http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/File:ReimuTPW2.png
Rather on the small side, just barely 4' tall. The ribbon should be thinner, and is actually a ribbon knife. You have to pull the right tail of the ribbon to draw out the blade hidden under her hair. Pulling the left tail does nothing.
Character Concept
Extrenely cheerful, who actually prefers playing music, over larceny, she will rather not get into direct fights if possible. It has been debated in the underworld, about whether or not she should continue larceny. They reasoned that she was a happy person, and would not be useful in fights of any kind, and bound to mess up everything. So far, she has proven them wrong, by avoiding patrols, and acting like a normal citizen. Even when she is found out, she either manages to escape, or she targets their vitals before an arrest could occur. However, she can not wear armor of any kind.

She has no memory of her past, so therefore would not have the advantages of having Lores. Most of her skills when she woke up, were seemingly habits/forms that her body remembered, yet not her mind. Using a metaphor, it would be similar to how experienced pianist would play a song, while not thinking. The fingers and hands know where to move, yet the mind can not keep up. She also had two boxes, of dark colored metal, strapped to her legs, on on each side. These were passed down from her family, and were always used as a mean of smuggling weaponry into the city. However, if these boxes were to be sold, they would probably fetch a grand price of...5 CM. Their just ordinary metal boxes, like many out there. It's just that a box, could be used for many things besides just organizing junk in a warehouse. 

Even with a novice speaker, one can easy to pursuade Mialy about anything by speaking, as long as any request made has nothing to do with handing her smuggle boxes or money over, or betraying her friends. She has even accepted the fact that magic exist for the past few years, due to her personality of accepting everything someone says. This is not being naive however. She wants to be able to trust everyone, and believe that they will be friendly. She will only start to distrust you, if you give her a reason not to. 

Intimidation is a problem that Mialy has. Meaning, it is rather effective against her. If anyone starts to stare at her in a not-so-friendly way for a short while, Mialy will start to get fidgety, while avoiding eye contact.

Most people would agree that brute force is not always the answer. However, against Mialy, that is the most effective method to fight. She fights by using her small frame to avoid, and move around, before striking vital areas with her small blades. If the fighter can forced Mialy to lock weapons, or get her into a unarmed hold, she has already lost the fight.
Character History
Mialy's past is one covered by a dark fog. She can not remember anything prior to Fall 10th, 508AV, for unknown reason. It couldn't have been amnesia however. Fragments of memories here and there gave Mialy a slight knowledge on what her family is, what most of their occupations were. Otherwise, everything else floats out of reach in a hazy field. From what she could understand from the memories, she seemed to have come from a family that delved in the wrong side of the laws. They seemed to have been pickpockets, breaking and entering, flashes of metal, and warm...water?... sprayed out. Afterwards, the memory fades out into the darkness. When she first woke up, she found herself in a carriage, heading to Sylira. Mialy decided then, to uncover her past, find out who her family were, and if possible, reunite with them, and leaving that as her foremost goal. Unfortunately, many people are willing to fool a young girl, and acquire easy mizas. Due to her growing financial issues, she learnt how to play the flute, and now travels between towns, playing music amongst the crowds, for a few coins here and there.  For reasons unknown to Mialy, she gets a nostalgic feeling everytime she sets foot in Sylira, and gets drawn back to the city after her trip to a different city. However, to augment her income, she sometimes goes out of her way, to get either an assassination contract, or a smuggling one. With the fact that two of the mentioned jobs are rather risky, and the pay is quite often sporadic, Mialy is very careful with her money, spending the bare minimal to get by. Many people do wonder why a young lady, with a more petite stature, would take on jobs of violence, as she can not fight head to head against anyone. With that arguement, Mialy turned to libraries, to learn about vital points in the body, as an effective way to incapacitate hostiles before they become a major threat. Building up a small reputation, she called herself "Miko", as she performs larceny. Soon, she started stocking up on small weapons, that could fit inside the smuggling boxes, meant for said larcenies. However, it's gotten to a point where she can not fit any more objects into one of the boxes, thereby designating the right side as a weapons box, the left side as the transport box. However, unlike a person who's committed larceny multiple times, she prefers to play the flute as her main source of income. Even with so many detours, distractions, and jobs, she still has not lost sight of her goal, of finding out her past. Perhaps they could appear in a flashback. Perhaps not. Only time will tell what will happen. But that, my friends, is another story, for another time.

[Language]
Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: N/A
Poor Language: N/A

[Skills]
SkillEXPTotalProficiency
Instrument(Flute)15 SP + 15 RB30Competent
Weapon(Flutegun)5 SP5Novice
Weapon(Ribbon Knife)5 SP5Novice
Smuggling20 SP20Novice
Medicine5 SP5Novice

Lores
Lore of Targeting Vitals
Lore of Smuggling Small Items

Possessions
(B):Bought
(S):Starter
(G):Given
On Person
-Laced-Trim Dress(B)
-Simple Undergarments(S)
-Simple Cloak(S)
-Simple Boots(S)
-Ribbon Knife(B)
Backpack(S)
-Flute, Wood(B)
-Simple Shirt(S)
-Simple Pants(S)
-Waterskin(S)
-Comb(Wood)(S)
-Brush(Wood)(S)
-Soap(S)
-Razor(S)
-Balanced Rations[7 days](S)
-Eating Knife(S)
-Flint & Steel(S)
Right Smuggle Box
-Ribbon Knife x2(B)
-Ear Blade x2(B)
-Gloves, False Finger x2(B)
-Flutegun(B)
-Flutegun Needles x20(B)
-Finger Blade x10(B)
-Knife, Wrist x5(B)
Left Smuggle Box
[Empty]

Heirloom
Dual Smuggle Boxes

Housing
House: N/A

Ledger
[spoiler]Purchase=Cost=Total
Starting=+100GM=100GM
'Cash In' House=+500GM=600GM
Ear Blade x2=-30GM=570GM
Gloves, False Finger=-6GM=564GM
Flutegun=-15GM=549GM
Flutegun Needles(20)=-5GM=544GM
Ribbon Knife x3=-3GM=541GM
Flute, Wood=-5SM=540GM, 5SM
Finger Blade x10=-4GM=536GM, 5SM
Knife, Wrist x5=-5GM=531GM, 5SM
Small, Laced-Trim, Red/White Dyed Dress=-2GM, 4SM=529GM, 1SM

Thread List
None Yet

OOC Section
Secret :
Oh-kay! +1 to you, you you read through the entire CS. I commend you on your efforts of climbing the wall of text. -1 to those of you who skipped straight for the OOC section. Lazy bums >.>....  I will put down a Q&A for any questions that you might have. However, before any off that, here are the summaries.

[Concept Summary]
Happy, cheerful girl. Likes music. Does larceny on 'autopilot', like do work without thinking. Has smuggle boxes from family. Hides weapons in smuggle boxes. No memories of past except for small parts. Names herself 'Miko' during larceny contracts. Easy to convince with words. Easy to intimidate. Relies on skill and agility, rather then strength. Can not wear armor.

[History Summary]
Wakes up after a memory fragment dream, goes and try to find out her past. Swindled too often. Lack of funds. Earns money sporadically by playing the flute. Earns extra by taking larceny type contracts. Careful with mizas. Small girl proves that she can fight. Learns vital target points on body. Hoping to get flashbacks on her past.

[Q&A]
Q)Why is the picture...anime like?
A)Cause, that picture perfectly matched the character I imagined, and I couldn't find a picture of a real life person wearing it besides myself during cosplay. And I'm not using myself as the roleplay appearance.

Q)Miko? What does that mean?
A)Erm...Japanese for Shrine Maiden. It was a play on words, with the first two letters of her first name and last name, which matched the dress that she has. I apologize for real world references, but I really like that dress.

Q)What is she wearing normally?
A)The red and white, lace trimmed dress, with a ribbon(knife) in her hair.

Q)She is careful with mizas, yet splurged on weapons?
A)...Larcenies...? Remember, she can't not fight by using force. If she is to chose whether to drop a weapon, or lock them, she will drop. Therefore, need more weapons to replace the one lost.

Q)To many weapons! How can they fit inside a box?
A)Good question. I tested it just in case of someone deciding to be curious about that. Bought ten dollar store rings, put an unfolded paper clip each on them via tape, then fit them carefully into the box. Placed 11 daggers(courtesy of drama class) inside them(representing the ribbon knives, knife[wrists], and ear blades), organizing them to maximize the capacity. Place my flute inside. Placed my DS Lite inside as a surrogate flute gun needle package. Added two winter gloves afterwards. The box could barely close. And you know what? It fit on my leg, and I am 4'2"(shut up, not small. The two inches makes a difference). However, it took ten minutes to take out everything again, without stabbing myself by not touching the 'blades'. So, yes it's possible to fit all those in one box meant for a 4 foot tall person.

Q)Why does you character not have any history before the 'Wake Up'?
A)...I'm planning to roleplay those, in flashbacks. I'm pretty sure that was hinted in the history.

Q)I see cliches!!!!
A)That isn't a question, that's and accusation. But if there is any cliches, besides the forgotten history, then I must've missed something...please tell me where, cause I can't find it.

Q)Nononono! Too OP, nerf NAO!
A)Not god-modding. I have not made a character without flaws. I am a strong believer in equivalent exchange. I have strengths in my character, but they are balanced by weaknesses.

Q)It's a Mary Sue! Too many weaknesses!
A)Yet again, no. She has strengths, as well as weaknesses. She doesn't need to be saved, unless one deliberately attacks her through her weaknesses(that's a different problem). She isn't a piece of cardboard!!!

Q)Why can't she wear armor?
A)You try to carry two boxes of metal, one filled with weapons, and the other sometimes filled with whatever. Now put on any armor. If you could get armored leggings to fit over boxes, then I have just witnessed a miracle. You want to try wearing armor along with the boxes filled, and run in that? I don't think so. If you can, you have some over powered muscles, which clearly, Mialy doesn't.

Q)I have a question, but you didn't put it on this list!
A)Send me a PM, and I'll will answer you question. Afterwards, I'll add you question to this list. But only if your question hasn't been answered by someone else before.
Last edited by Mialy on June 12th, 2013, 12:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mialy
Player

Words: 9370
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 8:08 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet