Flashback (The Training Grounds) Do it with feeling! (Mamuro)

Learning to be ridiculed for failure

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The unassuming den of the Constrictor Dhani, it is truly a pit of snakes. Travelers should take care, because the Dhani are always hungry... [Lore]

(The Training Grounds) Do it with feeling! (Mamuro)

Postby Beisathrazharus on July 1st, 2013, 12:24 pm

"Wasssn't that ssomething, Mamuro? SSomeday you'll be as powerful as I," he commented, ignoring his own ineptitude in combat. He and Morgan were both able to leer at Mamuro and mock him. Gods it was perfect. Until she commented on both of their lack of . . . manliness.

Zharus' pride was a fragile thing indeed.

The grin left his lips, the fervor with which he assaulted Mamuro's loss fading from existence. The she-snake had all but deflated his spirit. It wasn't the first time she'd toyed with his emotions, lifting him up high only to send him crashing back to reality. It wouldn't be the last.

Silently did Zharus watch was Morgana slithered away, leaving him and his friend alone. Balling up his fists, he turned his head to Mamuro, spewing angry words forth at the young Dhani. Once Morgana was out of earshot, of course.

"Thiss iss all your fault, Mamuro! Couldn't you have put on a better ssshowing? Then ssshe would have been pleassed. Sssimply pathetic. What a wasste of my time." The young Dhani turned away from the other, beginning to make his way for the exit of the cavern. "You sshould sstay and train. I don't want to outclasss you by too much, friend." Truth be told, Zharus simply couldn't take the thought of possibly losing to Mamuro. He'd never hear the end of it, he was sure, and that ridicule wasn't something he could handle. Not from one related to Morgana.

"Perhapss it would be better if you picked up weaving or carving and left the real work to usss real men," he said, adding in his final word. A wicked grin was tossed back to Mamuro, and ,satisfied for the moment, he could now leave. "I'm hungry," he muttered to himself, setting off to fill that need.
Beisathrazharus
Player

Words: 6416
Joined roleplay: April 28th, 2013, 1:25 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet

Postby Kalesserimamoru on July 1st, 2013, 6:38 pm

Mamuro watched his sister slink off with a bemused look upon his face. He wondered if she expected him to stay and play nice? Of course she didn't, and he knew this. It wouldn't be surprising at all if she had one of her friends lurking about watching his every move. But just as well, it wasn't like Mamuro to let something like that stop him from doing what he wanted. That was before Zharus spoke up and continued to tease his friend.

"Me?"

He was a bold Dhani who's pride never failed him even when he was being beaten into the ground. But Zharus never said a word to Morgana of any of this, or anyone else that he knew of. So it stood as a challenge between them, a rivalry among brothers. Mamuro flicked his tongue out and wet his lips before he slithered after the Dhani.

"Where do you think you're going Zharusss?"

Mamuro hissed lightly as he closed in on his target and slithered around him once and lifted himself up to try and appear taller. "Tsssk tssk. Oh Zharusss, it appearss that you bumped your head. Your losst wass horrible, you didn't even get in a sswat. At leasst I wasss able to do that."

He cackled and folded his arms across his chest before he continued, his thoughts collecting on Zharus' comments about his sister. "I think you're in over your head...didn't you know? Women can't be ssatissfied...especially not THAT one. You'll sspend your entire life trying to pleassse her, and the next two trying to underssstand where you went wrong."

He cackled again at his lovesick friend, and even pointed a finger at Zharus. "Go on then..follow my ssissster and fetch her mealsss. I on the other hand will become sstronger and a REAL Dhani."

"Everything happens out of necessity."
Kalesserimamoru
Just a simple snake

Words: 450418
Joined roleplay: June 1st, 2013, 3:10 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Limey on July 5th, 2013, 8:36 pm

Zharus

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 1 Zinrah: No Mercy. Ever.
Climbing 1 Mamuro: Friendly Enemy
Endurance 1 Morgana: Evil Is Sexy
Rhetoric 1

Mamuro

Skill and Lore Rewards
Skills Lore
Observation 2 Zharus: Friendship In Rivalry
Wrestling 1 Morgana: Matriarch In The Making
Brawling 1 Eyes: A Universal Weakness
Rhetoric 1

Shared Lore
How The Proud Fall (Literally)
Dhani: Do We Even HAVE Friendships?
Farewell Insults

Additional Notes :
I LIKED this! As usual the two of you pegged the ruthless, competitive and amoral nature of the Dhani very well, and Morgana was a VERY well-realized beyotch. But there was a complexity to there, to all of them, that I appreciated more. Piques my interest as to what will follow, hmm?

Enjoy your swag and thanks, guys.

Any questions or queries, please PM me.
Limey
[Insert G&R Lyrics Here]

Words: 91990
Joined roleplay: January 20th, 2013, 10:32 pm
Race: Human
Office

Previous