Completed Insidious Injury

Amolina is given acute medical care in KRI

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Insidious Injury

Postby Amolina on June 13th, 2013, 1:05 pm

~ Amolina Moletta ~

~ 4th - 15th Day of Spring 513 AV ~

OOCShort thread just for the purpose to tie Amolina's storyline together

This thread is a direct solo sequel to On the Books where Amolina Moletta robbed a poison shop and was poisoned in the process.

4th of Spring 513 AV, at Kelvic Research Institute, KRI

Her screams the previous night ,the 3rd of Spring 513 AV, had disturbed the neighbours and made it impossible to sleep for lots of people in the NHC block where Amolina Moletta rented her small cubicle.

Eventually a few NHC employees had arrived and broken the door to her cubicle open. The sight that had met them had been beyond description. The woman had been on the floor, moving feebly and screaming like in mindless madness and it had not seemed like she was aware that she was not alone anymore.

It had been very easy to deal with her though, because her body had been like a ragdoll, no resistance at all in it, which had indicated it might be some kind of physical illness or perhaps the effect of a drug.

Finally Amolina Moletta had been transported to the Kelvic Research Institiue. She was a human, not a kelvic. but expert medical knowledge was avalilable at KRI and as she was a citizen of Raviok it had seemed proper to take her there. It had also been assumed KRI might take a scientific interest in this unusual and so far unexplained illness.

Now she was tucked into a bed in the institute, comatose and silent. Doctor Gaius Alzelin was keeping an eye on the poor woman now and then. For a while she had nearly seemed to die, but only nearly.

She was still alive ...
Last edited by Amolina on June 28th, 2013, 4:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Amolina
Player

Words: 327287
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Insidious Injury

Postby Amolina on June 14th, 2013, 9:55 am

~ Amolina Moletta ~

5th Day of Spring 513 AV

Doctor Gaius Alzelin, head of the Virus and Disease Research (VDR) wathed the object, an actress named Amolina Moletta – the patient that was, but an object for research as well – and shook his head.

“No idea yet. It is different from all other afflictions I have ever studied. And so far I have not been able to find anything similar in my books.”

Amanda Nitrozian nodded. “I see.”

The Moletta woman just lay there, comatose, and would perhaps never wake up again. Amanda pondered the future possibilities. They would of course do their best to give the woman medical care and hope she would come back from this half-alive state one of those days – but in case she would not they would be stuck with sort of a living body void of soul and awareness.

Could the woman be considered a dead body that they could use for experimentations and perhaps to harvest organs from when they needed it for some scientific or practical end? She was not sure what the authorities would say. The woman was of no consequence. Unemployed actress of unknown commoner family, from the Docks. Then again, she was a citizen. It was best to just keep the wretch alive, wait and see. For now.

“At least she is silent now” she said.
Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Insidious Injury

Postby Amolina on June 15th, 2013, 5:48 pm

~ Amolina Moletta ~

9th Day of Spring 513 AV

To his own annoyment, Doctor Gaius Alzelin had still not mangaged to figure out anything at all about the weird disease that had nearly killed Amolina Moletta.

He had spent days keeping an eye at her where she lay, taking samples and making tests, just like he would have done on one of his usual, not human, research objects. In vain!

Luckily the woman had woken up from the coma this day. This meant it would now be possible to continue the research. Amanda Nitrozian had seemed to be a wee bit disappointed, but Alzelin was satisfied that his own scientific work could go on.

Amolina had not spoken at all. She was very weak. Her vision was blurred but she had time to see that she was in a lab room full of unknown equipment and an equally unknown person was looking at her. He had an instrument of some kind in his hand.

A wave of sheer panic rolled over her confused mind. She wanted to scream but wasn't able to do so. Then she passed out again, but seemed to sleep a natural sleep, no longer comatose.

Alzelin sighed and made a note in his notebook marked "The Moletta Case" : The object woke up briefly and I was under the impression that she was aware of my presence. A promising sign, but it's too early to even guess at how this will end ...
Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Insidious Injury

Postby Amolina on June 27th, 2013, 8:25 pm

~ Amolina Moletta ~

The Moletta Case
~ Research Notes by Doctor Gaius Alzelin, KRI ~
15th of Spring 513 AV
Miss Moletta has recovered quicker than I had expected. This is of course a good thing, but I was forced to make a special deal with her in order to be able to continue my research.

She is a commoner with unsure income. An actress. Currently unemployed. And the cost of the medical care, including necessary research tests was higher than she was able to pay.

But KRI can of course be helpful to the citizens of Ravok. I decided to let her to pay the bill by staying available for medical follow up and research, and some volunteer work too, at the occasions she visits us. Amanda Nitrozian has approved of this solution.

I have still not been able to find out the cause of the disease. I still suspect an unusually agressive virus infection and we can only hope it's over now. Miss Moletta says she doesn't remember much, apart from feeling very ill.

But the research will go on and I'm convinced I will eventually be able to explain what happened.

... and the journey from the Lakeshore back to the city took around four hours and Amolina Moletta spent this time resting and looking at the sky. There were no clouds. The weather was always so pleasant in Ravok ...

This was the end of her stay in KRI in Spring 513, after having been isolated there, in order to keep her supposed disease under control.
Amolina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes