Eyktol Traveling Party Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Postby Jack Benefort on June 20th, 2013, 10:01 pm

Everybody be sure to familiarize yourself with each others character sheets and plot notes if they have them! The long term nature of this journey means there will be loads of opportunities for training with each other to raise skills, gain lores, and just as many opportunities to make your characters dynamic and grow them in new ways. Don't miss out on that by being a minimalist participant!

Party Members:
Ans Springborn
Ivandra
Mihiya Darkmane
Jack Benefort
Marcus Gray-Dawn

OBJECTIVES:
- First and foremost, and we will RP this out as we go of course, the driving goal behind the whole thing is Mihiya's quest to learn about the Chaktawe and find her father, since that is essentially what will IC unite us and bring us to Eyktol.
- Jack goes on this quest partly because helping on a journey like this is just something he would do, and partly because he was going to have to go to Eyktol eventually anyways.
- Marcus will be going with us to see through his previously planned expedition as he searches for an ancient relic.
- Ivandra will be coming for love of travel, and to learn new things in Eyktol.

We will, as far as I can tell, be gathering in Riverfall at the end of the summer/beginning of fall, and departing in mid to late fall for Eyktol.

Please note that this will be a long term endeavor, and depending on how long we spend in each city, it will likely take a minimum of 2 seasons to complete this journey. There is still plenty of time to back out if you're not that committed, so be sure to put some thought into it!

THINGS WE STILL NEED:
- Possibly a navigator- I think it would be particularly helpful to find a willing PC from Eyktol who has lore-level knowledge of the region, so I will begin to search for someone who qualifies.
- Means of transportation
- Means of keeping ourselves alive in the desert
- More to come.
Last edited by Jack Benefort on June 24th, 2013, 1:38 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Jack Benefort
Forged by Fire

Words: 50701
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2013, 3:06 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Malvora on June 21st, 2013, 12:07 am

Thank you so much for doing this. I really appreciate it :)

This lovely signature was made by Shausha!
Malvora
Player

Words: 34164
Joined roleplay: June 15th, 2013, 3:26 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Postby Jack Benefort on June 21st, 2013, 12:12 am

You are welcome. :) Are you coming too?
Jack Benefort
Forged by Fire

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Ivandra on June 21st, 2013, 4:13 am

Ooh, this looks interesting! I didn't know we had such a big group. Maybe we could have some crushing going along here and there. xD Would any of you be interested in that?
"common" | "pavi" | "character thoughts"
Ivandra
Player

Words: 33006
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:02 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Jack Benefort on June 21st, 2013, 6:35 am

I'm perfectly fine with my character being on the receiving end of such things, so long as there is an OOC understanding that it will not amount to anything.

EDIT: I will be adding a place on the original post for us to list primary, secondary, etc. objectives. Each of us has a reason we are going to Eyktol, and having it all listed in one place will make it easy to see what needs doing and help us to pitch in for each others dreams IC. PM me anything you want on there, or you can post here and it will be added.
Jack Benefort
Forged by Fire

Character sheet
Donor (1)

Postby Mihiya Darkmane on June 21st, 2013, 11:48 am

Mihiya is going to Eyktol to try and find stuff out about the Chaktawe people. And to possibly meet her father (who will no dobut be an NPC...since I can't seem to find anyone to play him :/). Other than that, she has no goals, though I'm really glad you guys are willing to come along. Having her voyage alone sounded unappealing.

Art by Nakuli! Thanks :)
Mihiya Darkmane
Player

Words: 61580
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 1:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ivandra on June 21st, 2013, 5:14 pm

Okay. Ivandra's overall goal in life is to travel, so Eyktol's just on the list of places she wants to go. She wants to see what the culture and climate is like, and also possibly pick up on a new language while she's at it.
"common" | "pavi" | "character thoughts"
Ivandra
Player

Words: 33006
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 5:02 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marcus Gray-Dawn on June 21st, 2013, 5:25 pm

Hey guys thanks for adding me to the roster, I think this is going to be a great adventure for all of us. I think that it is only fair to fill the rest of you in on Marcus' goals and his reason for join the adventure, as well as important things about him.

First, I have a feeling that Marcus is going to be the a**hole of the group, so please no one take it serious. It is just his nature.

Second, The fact that we will be traveling will actually make Marcus more tolerable since he prefers to be on the move rather than sit around.

Third, He wont fight women or argue with them. He lives by a strict morale code and he believes women are sacred.

Fourth, This is probably the most important thing. I was already approved for an expedition to Ekytol a while back and was in the process of gathering supplies when everything fell through. Marcus has searched the world for signs of his Goddess and many years ago he discovered hints of some in The Burning Sands(via Flashback thread with Bethlyiss). The end game will be Marcus finding an relic of some sort, and after that the MODs will determine it's value. Depending on how the journey unfolds Marucs may/may not enlist the help of some of his traveling companions.

If anyone has any thoughts or questions please let me know.
Marcus Gray-Dawn
I am a savage, but I am no fool.

Words: 29729
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 11:46 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Mihiya Darkmane on June 21st, 2013, 5:30 pm

Marcus! Since you were approved for a trip to Eyktol, do you have any ideas on travel times? When I asked Goss she said that Columbia was responsible for determining those travel times, and that Columbia was inactive...if you have that knowledge I'd really appreciate it.

Art by Nakuli! Thanks :)
Mihiya Darkmane
Player

Words: 61580
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2013, 1:46 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Marcus Gray-Dawn on June 21st, 2013, 5:43 pm

Well from what I have always seen/heard is that people need to use their better judgement on time it takes to travel. A lot of factors play into it other than just going from point A to point B.

Weather is a big issue, so everyone needs to read up on the lore of the different regions we will be traveling in.

Second is mode of transportation. Im assuming we are traveling on land, so we will need at least one wagon and an animal to pull it. Wagons don't travel very fast even with experienced drivers so expect this to slow us down. We should try to hire on a Driver for the wagon since maneuvering in the sand is a very hard task.

Someone with a Navigation skill will also be very helpful. While it's not needed a Navigator can lead us down the quickest path, and shave a few days off of our journey.

A couple of people can ride in the wagon, but I would invest in a horse if at all possible. This will also speed things up.
Marcus Gray-Dawn
I am a savage, but I am no fool.

Words: 29729
Joined roleplay: February 22nd, 2013, 11:46 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Next