The Sky Will Know (Open)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on July 14th, 2010, 11:57 pm

Timestamp: 25th of Summer 510 AV
Purpose: Whoever wants to ride with Amon can post here. ^_^ Would like to get to know whoever.

Amon was in a particularly bad mood. A horrible mood in fact, brought on by an uncharacteristic brawl set in the Aeries. He was normally sickeningly patient to people, which was advantageous on his part, but when one had decided to push his buttons a little too far, something always bad came of it. Particularly the fact that the Rider he had fought had been harassing his sister for the past several weeks, and the complaints he heard and the near attempts this bastard had made put him on edge. He was going to get revenge, whether he was punished himself because of it or not.

It was strange, being the one having to be torn off his opponent rather than the one breaking up fights, as he normally was. Amon had been covered in bruises and cuts, and his knuckles had become raw and burned with such an intensity that he clenched his jaw and directed his fury in a glare that could pierce the air between them. He hadn’t stayed long enough to hear the reprimands for his actions, because he knew he would have to meet with the Flightleader soon, regardless, and thus he had marched out, grabbing his short bow, his katinu and his quiver with him.

Out in the Courtyard, he lounged against the side of a column, gazing up at the sky almost in a trance. Sakima had said nothing during the bout of violence, but he surely felt the fury Amon had built up in his heart. Liara didn’t deserve to be touched in such ways, even if they were on strained terms. He was her sister, flesh and blood, and siblings, they protected each other at all costs, at least that was his mentality. He closed his eyes, clenched his hands tightly into fists and exhaled slowly.

At least you managed to break his nose, Sakima quipped softly. Amon opened his eyes, staring down at the ground, his arrows strewn out without any sort of organization. He eased himself down to sit, placing his arms on his knees.

That wasn’t the first time I exploded on someone, Sakima. It’s not me. A pause. But it did feel good to beat his petching face in.

Inspecting his hands, he slid his leather armguards over them, to hide the bloody mess that painted them like battle marks. We need to go out for some solitude, Saki. Just fly somewhere, with only the wind as our guide.

As long as it’s not that hell hole, Syliras. I’d much rather keep to the Kalea region.

That’s a done deal.
Last edited by Amon on July 16th, 2010, 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Words: 68449
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Kadin on July 15th, 2010, 10:01 pm

This particular day of summer had been completely routine for Kadin, not a single moment passing without deja-vu of what had happened yesterday, and the day before that. In the morning, she helped her dad out with errands involving their jobs as blacksmiths, followed by taking care of her siblings for a little bit while her dad minded the shop. As soon as her presence was no longer required around the house, she headed straight to the aeries where she would volunteer taking care of the raptors, with today being a little too busy to spend time with the Wind Eagles. She had been on this schedule for weeks with almost nothing new in between, and she'd grown sick of it. She left the aeries earlier than she used to and headed towards the courtyard. Only problem was, she'd completely forgotten what she was meaning to do by the time she got there. The inner warrens left for a little too much time for wandering thoughts.

By the time she got the courtyard, her mind was hard at work wondering how clearings could show up in the middle of dense forestation. Why wouldn't the trees grow there if the soil was fertile and the sun was shining down on it? She looked up at the sky, thinking what made it so the sun would shine harder on some days than others. Right when she was about to come to the conclusion that she should let it go since she didn't have enough experience with such things as forests and such, She collided roughly with another object. At first she was confused and simply trying to keep her balance, thoughts completely jumbled up by her surprise.

"Ah, I'm sorry, wasn't looking--" she said nervously, still trying to figure out what was going on. She looked up to see who it was exactly that she had run into. As if the situation couldn't be anymore embarrassing, the man in question was a Rider. She was only barely acquainted with him, seeing him somewhat regularly at the aeries, maybe she exchanged a few useless words with him every now and then. She couldn't recall his name on the spot, but that was most likely because she was too nervous to think straight. "Please forgive me, I was just not really looking and--I'm really sorry," Kadin really wanted to just get away, but she couldn't just walk away after bothering someone who was not only of higher class, but someone she also deeply respected, being a Rider and all.
Kadin
Player

Words: 18194
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2010, 4:51 am
Character sheet

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on July 16th, 2010, 1:59 am

Amon had not been particularly paying any attention to what was around him. With the influx of mixed emotions from his feathery companion and the raging battle going on in his mind, he’d drifted in and out of consciousness for quite a bit. He was alarmed when someone had so rudely and abruptly collided with him, sliding his arrows out of reach and nearly destroying his carefully crafted bow. He cussed lightly under his breath, inaudible to the girl who stood before him, muttering words of apologies and respect.

What a clutz, the eagle observed. Amon waved him away.

“It’s fine, it’s my fault,” He sighed, getting up from his seated position to dust off his leggings and boots, as well as his arms. “Brooding in the middle of a public area isn’t very wise.” A forced smile, but one that held a far more deeper meaning than usual. He was getting back to his usual self, albeit slowly. “Was there something on your mind too? Usually people watch where their going.” A diatribe, but a light-hearted one, he meant no harm.

Then he smacked himself on the forehead, as if a sudden revelation. “Where are my manners? The name’s Amon, and you are?” He held out a hand to shake with hers, at the same time inspecting her closely. She didn’t seem of the dek class or a yasi in general. Perhaps a commoner, or an avora at best. What luck for him, a pleasant conversation would lead his mind away from more unpleasant thoughts.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Kadin on July 16th, 2010, 6:46 am

It was mostly confusing to Kadin that this man was still being polite about a situation that was obviously not his fault. His next comment though, although a quite subtle negative remark, made Kadin want to defend herself more than accept he had a valid point. She calmed the sudden sensation down and repeated, "I'm sorry," averting her eyes. The apology was somewhat more forced than the last, and admittedly not as sincere.

The instance was easily forgotten when he changed the subject to something more pleasant. She reached out and shook his hand, smiling a little nervously. "I'm Kadin. Pleasure to meet you, despite the circumstances," she answered, gaining confidence as she could say something other than 'sorry'. She could feel his intimidating gaze as though he were judging her, so she looked away a little and noticed his arrows that must have been hurled to the side when she bumped into him.

"Oh, I'll get those--" She said while reaching to pick them up. After getting to them she tried to straighten herself as fast as possible and held them out in her hands to return them to him. As she looked at the arrows her gaze shifted to the bow, which was carved amazingly, on par or maybe a little better than her bracelets, a family heirloom passed on for generations. Then again, she didn't know enough about carving to judge. She hoped she didn't damage anything on his person. "Uh, sorry, again."
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on July 20th, 2010, 3:31 am

oocSo sorry for the delay! I was swamped with school work. :(

He was confused, well, somewhat exasperated at the fact that she was apologizing for well, nothing in particular. He wasn’t used to such manners, but at least she was being genuine. He laughed, perhaps not with as much enthusiasm as he would in a good mood, but nonetheless. “You can stop saying sorry now, it’s fine. No harm done, if anything, I was being foolish.”

“A pleasure,” He responded. She seemed nervous from what he could tell, and he had to wonder if he appeared unapproachable to people than usual. Was his socialite air beginning to wear off? Of course not! He was just feeling down in the dumps from what he can tell. At least he had someone who could potentially lighten his mood, if anything.

And then she did the oddest of things, picking up his arrows for him as if she was a dek! He shook his head, amazed. He accepted them from her with a thanks, then picked up his short bow. Indeed, it was custom carved to his liking, a treasured weapon. He smiled, “Let’s make a deal, don’t say sorry anymore and I’ll take you along for a ride.” He placed the arrows in his quill, strapped that to his back and glanced toward the sky.

“I had some trouble earlier today, and I was going to take my mind off some things by flying.” He looked at her, a small smile dancing on his lips. “Since you so fortunately bumped into me, would you like to come? It’s usually merrier when you have more than one person to speak to on a little escapade. I don’t expect you to know how to shoot a bow, but if you do and you enjoy hunts, then what’s the harm?”

You’re insane. AGAIN, Amon? AGAIN?

I guess I am, but I know you secretly love having multiple people riding you, you little white feather ball, you.

Oh your jests, you’re hurting my side, please stop with your hilarity. The sarcasm dripped from the eagle’s words.

Oh please, stop your flattery it’s making my head grow. Amon retorted, but he was left grinning. Ah, the companionship sometimes was hard to contain. If she declines, then all the better for you. But why not give someone the opportunity in the pleasure of flight? She could brush your feathers afterwards for all I petching care.

You drive a hard bargain, Amon.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Kadin on July 20th, 2010, 8:27 am

OOC: Not a problem =)

Her jaw dropped momentarily when Amon proposed to actually let her fly with him. The initiala sensation of surprise was followed almost immediately by the widest smile her face could bear, possibly more. If not saying 'sorry' was the bargain for such a chance, she'd just replace it with a 'thank you' between every word. She couldn't really contain her giddiness, so at this point she was on the verge of hugging him; she hoped he wouldn't judge her on the maniac hopping that was now apparently in order. "Most definitely, I would love to," She said excitedly if not somewhat loudly.

It was hard to really pay attention to what he was saying after that, but her curiosity kicked in quickly enough to discern that the 'trouble' he was talking about was probably related to the cuts and bruises on him that seemed rather fresh. She had been meaning to ask him about that earlier, but she was too busy watching her manners in front of a greatly admired class.

"I'm no archer, but if it's company you want, I'll be glad to provide," She said, in a little more contained manner, despite being just as giddy. She had already forgotten the earlier awkwardness and although she was equally nervous, it was more comfortable in her shoes now than about a minute ago.
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on July 20th, 2010, 11:47 pm

Amon was content at Kadin's response. He was right then, most people did enjoy the prospect of flying on a Wind Eagle or any variation thereof. Deep in his gut, he was still boiling over the brawl he had earlier, and the anger was just beginning to simmer down, but seeing the girl's face light up did wonder's for his mood. He grinned, no longer forced, but affecting his words to further emphasize his abrupt change in tone.

"Excellent," he proclaimed, then motioned for Kadin to follow as he led her past the courtyard and toward the Sanikas gates. It didn't take long to reach a clearing on the road below so Sakima could land comfortably. A low thump emanated through the ground beneath them as he approached. The harness he held in his beak was placed on the ground, so Amon could bring it up and strap it across the back of the enormous eagle. It was tightened, then he pulled himself up swiftly to mount.

"Go ahead and get yourself situated, Sakima won't bite. He's a gentle giant." A rumble coursed through the wind eagle's body at his words. An eagle version of a laugh. "I'll help you get strapped and settled, then we'll be off." He paused, then smiled, "Do you have anywhere in particular you want to see?"

Amon had to wonder then, how Kadin would react to Sakima's albino nature. He was different, and although the people of Wind Reach have come to accept him as an excellent eagle, there were still a handful that were skeptical. He stroked his companion's neck affectionately.

You'll always be my soul mate you silly bird.

Ah, the sentiments.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Kadin on July 21st, 2010, 5:52 am

She followed Amon through and out of the city as obediently as a puppy would, not paying much attention to the annoyingly familiar surroundings. At first, she tried to start up conversation, but he seemed quite comfortable with the momentary silence, so she stuck with it. Instead, she devoted her time to wondering about his strange nature. From what she could conclude thus far, he was unnaturally nice, for lack of a better word. The tears on his knuckles seemed out of place, being associated mostly with broody, hot-tempered folk.

Amon had barely stopped at what appeared to be his destination when a giant eagle soared through the sky and landed gracefully close to its master. while he occupied himself with getting the bird ready, she could not help but stare at the majestic creature. She knew that eagles didn't much like being looked in the eye, but she couldn't help it. Her mind was at a loss for words and simply filled with emotions of amazement.

"Sakima, eh?" She said, not paying the slightest attention to the speaker in question. " Well, it's a pleasure to meet you Sakima. I'm Kadin. would you be okay with me riding with you and Amon today?" She would not take up Amon's offer until she had Sakima's acceptance. It seemed only logical that he should have a say in who rode on him or not; confirmation from the rider would not be enough. She took no note of the abnormal plumage, she didn't see why it would matter. A Wind Eagle is a Wind Eagle, no matter how different it may seem.
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Amon on July 21st, 2010, 6:20 am

oocTook the liberty of advancing us forward. ^_^ Hope you don’t mind.

Sakima had no qualms over Kadin’s interest in him. On the contrary he shook his wings out in a passionate display, as if he wished to show her every portion of his glorious opalescent body. Amon shook his head, but laughed all the same. She knew how to show respect, and it made his eagle companion quite happy. There was a moment before Sakima responded to her, “Now here’s a girl child that shows proper respect to Eagles.”

“Yes yes, terribly sorry for forcing you to take anyone on your back.” Pitched Amon, who merely sat with a hand gripping the harness quite well. It was a strained action, made difficult with the rawness that encased his hands. He hurt, but he wasn’t about to reveal this to Kadin. Sakima continued, “Respectful, kind, and you think I’m magnificent, no?” The eagle shrieked in a feathery laughter. He lowered his head to allow for the girl to get a good grip to climb on.

“You may ride with us, girl, but take care not to fall off. I like you.” Sakima waited for Kadin to get settled and for Amon to help her strap in before launching off the ground with a push of his strong talons and a flap of his wings. They elevated upwards to 30ft in the span of several minutes, circling the whole of Mt.Skyinarta to allow for the passengers a good view. Amon was silent, he felt Sakima had more to say than he, but he had already seen the sights and heard the sounds and smelled the familiar scent of the soil, the air around them and the waters that tore through the land beneath them.

The view calmed him considerably, and for a moment, Amon had closed his eyes, relaxed his grip and simply breathed. He smiled to himself, then turned to look at Kadin. “How are you enjoying yourself?”
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Sky Will Know (Open)

Postby Kadin on July 21st, 2010, 7:28 pm

oocYour initiative keeps the story interesting, heh.
Kadin had to hold in a small giggle as the eagle went on about it's own beauty. He must not be used to people agreeing with him. Even though Sakima was obviously not using full strength as he took off, it still took her by surprise and sent her heart racing. Her first feel of being up in the sky with the other eagles left her light headed and almost convinced that she was asleep. To make sure, she gave herself the classic pinch.

Once she concluded that indeed she could feel it and she truly was riding a wind eagle, she took the liberty to look up, and was admittedly confused by what she saw. Her home, the place she grew up in without ever leaving, seemed completely unrecognizable from here. She'd usually discern where she was by keeping in mind the little things, like a unique glass shop, or an odd tree. She tried to take in the new sights, like how the river curved around the mountain, or how other people looked like the smallest of insects, but it was all too overwhelming.

She did not answer Amon immediately, stopping to ponder over the number of possible answers she could give him. "If you get to see this every day, it's no wonder you are so ridiculously peachy," she finally said, a sly grin lining her lips. "there's a lot to be envied."
Kadin
Player

Character sheet

Next