I have a few questions...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Noaru on July 2nd, 2013, 7:48 pm

I have few questions that may interest you :paranoid: got a second?

I'm interested in Morphing, Leeching and Reimancy! A conversation in chat some days ago peeked my interest in learning these three magic disciplines
(as my three beginning disciplines, if I can learn them.) The fashionable Clyde Sullins brought to my attention that Reimancy would be tricky to teach a ghost but would it be possible, along with Leeching and Morphing?

Now with leeching, it may be one of those magic's you place in the Do not want category. But I'm wondering how difficult would it be for a ghost to learn it, as the initiation is brutal--nigh fatal.

How many weeks does it take to acquire the morphing discipline (meditation and losing oneself during then included.)

The greatest question of them all is, will I be able to learn these disciplines from NPC's (not played by me of course but by a Moderator or staff member?)

Last edited by Noaru on July 3rd, 2013, 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on July 2nd, 2013, 8:02 pm

Ghosts can only learn (aka gain XP) in the three ghostly disciplines: Materialization, Soul Mist Projection, and Possession.

If a ghost possesses another person, they can learn (again gain XP) in morphing, reimancy, and leeching. However, much like learning these skills, they can then only use them WHEN POSSESSING SOMEONE.

So.. I'm not sure this is a great pursuit for a ghost.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Elaine Spade on July 2nd, 2013, 8:50 pm

Yep as Gossamer said!

Still it's hard and not the best pursuit for a ghost, I think if you put enough effort in it , it can be interesting! :P But you really have to know magic well and read them carefully! And you have to practice possession skill FIRST a lot!
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Character sheet

Postby Noaru on July 3rd, 2013, 5:58 am

Thanks Goss, at least knowing now that its possible gives me some hope and interesting formulas to add to my plan.

I'm aware of the challenges Elaine but that's what you gotta do sometimes, take them challenges like champ!

A man's gotta dream :smirk: :thumbsup:

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes