[Verified by Jupiter] Dublin Coxen

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Dublin Coxen

Postby Dublin Coxen on July 7th, 2013, 12:28 am

Dublin Coxen

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 5 Spring, 489.
Birthplace: Ravok

Appearance: Short, stick-thin, and swift, Dublin was always better suited for running from his problems than facing them. His minuscule height, being no taller than 5' 4" even in adulthood, has contributed to his ability to disappear in a crowd all his life. Weighing roughly 120 pounds, with all of that weight in muscle and sinew, the man has been running since he first tottered onto his feet. All blond hair, eyes the grey of stormy skies, and calculating demeanour, Dublin is what could only be considered a striking, perhaps even haunting beauty. While his eyes don't exactly pierce your soul, even a glance from him gives the impression that he reads you as well as he would a book laid open before him; even if he tends to be a bit more obtuse than he lets on.

Character Concept

As a man who seems quiet and reserved, Dublin actually has more thoughts than can be conveyed. He is opinionated and has even been called zealous by his acquaintances, and a conversation with him often becomes very one-sided very quickly; quick to rant and rave, the man's passion is nearly contagious. Despite this tendency, his default position is of quiet contemplation, trying to keep the illusion of disconnected observation. This facade has always made it easier to survive, made him seem less vulnerable. As such, interaction with Dublin can seem somewhat confusing; at times, he seems to analyse every word one says, at others he seems to not be listening at all, caught up in his own thoughts and passions.

Character History

Born in Ravok, Dublin knows the city as well as any other. The man experienced quite a bit of bullying at a young age due to his height and personality, but his somewhat brutish father was always at hand to protect and defend his son. Born from a Fisherman and his lovely wife, both with the same eyes and hair as their son, the Coxens seemed to have quite a stable life in the city.

As he aged, Dublin learned to develop his natural skills. He honed his speed, learned to better disappear in a crowd, and strengthened his flexibility and agility. His fisherman father knew that the boy would never be suited to pulling in large catches,instead endorsing his son's organic learning process.

For years, even into his adulthood, Dublin lived with his parents and assisted in their home. He helped his father sell what he caught, acted as helper to his mother, and so on. It was only when his father got ill that he attempted to truly act as the breadwinner of the household.

The lack of work was alarming. Few seemed to need a courier, especially one as inexperienced as he. He made maps, tried to learn the layout of the city, but to no avail. Eventually, his father's sickness worsened. In his sickened state, the man could not leave his sickbed, could barely even speak.

And then he died, leaving Dublin and his mother alone.

She remarried, Dublin left home, and now he lives in Ravok, trying his luck and still hopeful that his skills will be useful.

Language

Fluent Language: Common

Skills

Physical
Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Acrobatics 10 SP 10 Novice
Climbing 5 SP 5 Novice
Running 15 RB, 15 SP 30 Competent
Stealth 5 SP 5 Novice

Mental
Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Intelligence 5 SP 5 Novice
Cartography 5 SP 5 Novice
Negotiation 5 SP 5 Novice

Lores

Courier
Lore Origin Date Obtained Notes
Ravok Layout Starting Package N/A Knowing the city in which you live isn’t difficult.

Culture
Lore Origin Date Obtained Notes
Ravok Culture Starting Package N/A Knowing the city in which you live isn't difficult.

Possessions

Clothing
Item Origin Date Obtained Notes
Simple White Shirt Starting Package N/A A simple white shirt with a slight v-neck.
Simple Grey Pants Starting Package N/A A pair of simple, loose grey trousers.
Simple Undergarments Starting Package N/A A pair of simple undergarments, made for a man.
Simple Grey Cloak Starting Package N/A A simple, loose grey cloak with hood.
Simple Black Boots Starting Package N/A A pair of simple, black leather boots.

Tools
Item Origin Date Obtained Notes
Waterskin (1) Starting Package N/A A simple waterskin.
Backpack (1) Starting Package N/A A small backpack.
Wooden Comb (1) Starting Package N/A A small wooden comb.
Wooden Brush (1) Starting Package N/A A small wooden brush.
Bar of Soap (1) Starting Package N/A A small bar of clean-smelling soap.
Steel Razor (1) Starting Package N/A A small razor, used to keep Dublin's face smooth and clean.
Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth) Starting Package N/A A small amount of food that Dublin keeps with him, just in case he finds himself without any other options.
Steel Eating Knife (1) Starting Package N/A A small knife, used to carve and eat food.
Flint & Steel (1) Starting Package N/A Tools used to start fires.

Currency
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: A small, brown leather bag, worn with use over the years. It closes with an ivory clasp, and has some delicate tooling on its surface. Dublin was given this by his father shortly before his death, and has carried it since.

Housing

House: A small room in Tarsin's Boarding House, which Dublin pays for by season.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM

Thread List

None, yet!
Last edited by Dublin Coxen on July 8th, 2013, 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dublin Coxen
Player

Words: 6073
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2013, 1:45 am
Character sheet

Dublin Coxen

Postby Dublin Coxen on July 7th, 2013, 8:14 pm

Character Development Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
I am Dublin Coxen.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
My mother calls me “Pet”. Otherwise, I go by “Dublin” or “Dub”.
3. How old are you?
I am 24 years old.
4. What is your height?
I know, I know, I’m short. I’m about 5’ 4”.
5. What is your weight?
I weigh roughly 120 pounds, which seems normal, I suppose.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I’m not a threat, if that’s what you mean.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
I’d assume they see me as a bit of an enigma, if they see me at all. Perhaps a few consider me a target.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
Mother always complimented my eyes, but I’m rather fond of my nose. Actually, I was once hit so hard that my nose was left nearly sideways. Once it was reset, it looked even better than before. I suppose there’s a positive effect of every atrocity, eh?
4. How physically fit are you?
I run quite often, so I would consider myself fit. Perhaps a bit too thin, to be honest…
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Clothing doesn’t matter all too much. I tend toward darker colours, and I don’t wear much that would be considered “vibrant”. However, I would be willing to wear anything that would work.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
My father, Anton Coxen, was a fisherman in the city. His beautiful wife tended our home, with some assistance from me. Both were loving throughout my childhood, and I still love my caring mother. I’m not so fond of the man she married, though he only arrived more recently.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
No, I am an only child.
3. What is your extended family like?
Unfortunately, I do not know. Mother and Father never mentioned any family save our household, and Mother and I were the only ones attending Father’s funeral. For all my knowledge, I could have family all over the city.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
I’ve never had close relationships aside from my family. Children are cruel, as they say, and so I truly would not know. Perhaps friendships would be as important as family.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
I rather like animals. They tend to be less judgmental than some.

I was born in the city of Ravok.
2. Where do you live now?
I still call Ravok my home, I don’t recall ever having left.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
I honestly cannot say I would leave Ravok. I am comfortable here, if not affluent. Nothing more calls to me.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
My leisure is spent walking through the city, possibly chatting with Ravosalamen or visitors. It’s always good to make connections, no?
5. Where do you fear to be?
My fears are too numerous to list.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
If anything, I lack strength. As I’ve said, I’ve been running most of my life.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
I am left handed.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Common exclusively. My voice has been described as somewhat high, definitely in mid-Tenor range, in both speaking and the occasional moment where I find myself singing or humming. I do not feel as if I have an accent, but I guarantee some person would think so!
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I have a tendency to lick and bite my lips when thinking, which often ruins my “casual observer” illusion.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
I have always considered modifying my body, in the hope that it would modify my personality in much the same way. I have seen symbols that inspire me, but nothing that has truly stuck as of yet. Perhaps I will, soon.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
I am trying to act as a courier in Ravok. It’s difficult, being on foot and trying to deliver packages and correspondences, but I am confident that I will find some work.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I love courier work. It allows me to make use of my running ability, lets me explore and see every nook and cranny of the city. It allows me to plan and decipher routes. It allows me to meet people I never would have otherwise, as a fisherman.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
Successful, I suppose.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
I admire any who perform manual labour. My father would come home exhausted every day, and still he managed to love both my mother and I with every fibre of his being. Those are the true warriors.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
I can’t think of a specific occupation that I dislike.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I imagine I would have been considered a coward. I used to run from the bullies, hide behind my father, beg him to protect me. It was pathetic.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
I distinctly remember helping my mother make stew one evening. I dropped all the fish, all over the floor. She only smiled at me, picked them up, brushed them off, and said, “No damage at all, pet. In fact, you’ve made them better.” I don’t know why, but her face at that moment remains burned into my mind. The look of pure happiness and sheer pride in me, it is almost haunting. I did nothing to deserve that look, and yet still it was gifted to me. She is a wondrous woman, my mother. Always so kind.
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
My father’s death.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
Mother and I haven’t talked in a while. I still love her, but the man in her life is deplorable. Father, I loved to the very last day. Still do.
5. Who was your most influential role model?
Mother, definitely. I envy that look.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
No more than most. I can read, I can write. I have my own abilities.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I love to learn. Always have.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
I suppose the learning process for me was natural. I’ve been developing my natural abilities all my life, so each skill naturally evolved.
4. How do you learn best?
I learn best by doing.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I’d like to learn as much as possible. Anything.

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
I haven’t formed any close bonds beyond my family, so I would imagine no.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
My trust is like glass. Beautiful, abundant, and fragile. These days, I’ve been hoarding it as if it were gold.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
Love, sex, it all is hard to pin down. I think I may have loved before, but the gender does not matter.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
I have never been kissed.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
I have never had sex.

Dublin Coxen
Player

Words: 6073
Joined roleplay: July 6th, 2013, 1:45 am
Character sheet