Across the Sea [Viper]

The dreams of a restless, heartsick Konti wander...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Herein lies the realm of dreams, where dreamers who are scattered all over the world in the physical can come together in the mysterious world of dreams. Remember, unless one is a Dreamwalker, there is no control over dreams. Ever. Anything can happen, and by threading a dream, you are subject to whomever can walk dreams and the whims of Storytellers.

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Litani on July 16th, 2013, 12:36 am

'Ma'am.' He called her ma'am. Litani stifled a soft chuckle and looked away humbly, nodding faintly her acceptance of his thanks. Shadows threw themselves haphazardly around the pair and her body started to fade, the scene started to fade, flickering in that way that dreams have of doing when they threaten to give way to waking. "Wounds are many... scars are few," she said softly, cryptically, flowing fluidly to her feet. "Thank you, warrior." Inclining her head a slight degree, effecting an almost half-bow, she gave Viper a genuine smile that seemed to resonate through her eyes and melt across her lips in a subtle, softly feminine way. The sense of her solidified then, and the dream continued, as perhaps both succumbed to the wish and desire not to leave... yet.

Her eyes snapped up as she heard the rest of the camp starting to recollect itself from the remnants of the Zith attack. She saw horses chased after, wounds being attended to, scattered supplies being picked up and heard the cries of mourning as the dead were gathered... Her heart lurched, jumped in her chest and she took a single, sudden step towards her traveling companions. If she was needed, Rak'keli would demand her service. But... she did not know that yet. She looked back to Viper and found herself caught in his eyes. Again.

A half-second later, her throat cleared and she flicked her tongue over dry lips, dry even in the dream. A softly friendly, easy smile settled there and she even seemed to be almost done shaking... almost. Deep breaths moved through her slender, if tall, frame and serenity slowly stole back over her countenance. "You came upon us none too soon," she murmured, extending a hand to help him to his feet if he so chose. Her body was strong and lean, more than able to aid a horsemaster back to standing. "From what clan do you come..?" Her breath faltered then as she spoke, guessing mostly - her father's words of the Drykas came back to her, but she had no proof as yet. All she could do was trust. Trust, and steel herself against the renewed connection that touch would bestow upon her. Now that he no longer needed healing, there was no telling what his body would tell her if she touched him again. All she could do was offer, and trust.

Trust. That elusive creature, that beautiful tragedy upon which all else is ever built.

I am here, now.

The sun is warm, the wind is moving... his... I am here, now!

"Whatever your purpose, whatever your place... we owe you our lives. I am in your debt." The switch from 'we' to 'I' came swiftly, naturally, and whether the speaker realized it or not... the sound in her voice was quite definite. And whatever her inner chorus chimed, outwardly she was becoming herself again.

"You must be wondering what I am... A truth for a truth, then." Mischievous and faintly playful, she tilted her head up a little and seemed to dare him - his origins for hers, if he should so wish. And still her hand lay in wait, guarded. Ready.
Last edited by Litani on July 16th, 2013, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Litani
Wounds are many... scars are few.

Words: 202797
Joined roleplay: May 25th, 2013, 12:25 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Viper on July 16th, 2013, 1:16 am

It was a strange thing this...dream. When it began, he wanted nothing more than for it to be over. For his sub conscience to banish the memories deep within his mind with scant a chance of ever resurfacing again. Curiously now though, he found this woman's intrigues and abilities hard to let go. Something kept his mind too from so easily letting slip the dream which at first was nothing more than a wretched nightmare.

Looking at her outstretched hand for a moment, he shifted his eyes back to hers and recipricated her pleasant smile before taking it gently in his hand once more. Rising to his feet, he then noticed the rest of the camp. A look of sadness returned as he took measure of the wounded and few dead. "Could of been worse." He kept telling himself in his own mind as if repeating the words spoken to him by his fellow Drykas was any real consolation to those that perished and more importantly to those that loved them.

Returning his attention to the woman in front of him, he noticed he was still holding her hand. His face reddened ever so slightly as he released her and sported and embarrassed grin. "My apologies. I got distracted." With a shrug of his shoulders he listened to her words.

An eyebrow raised upon hearing her questions. Well this was interesting. She seemed to have a knowledge of his people that he couldn't hold a candle to of his knowledge of hers. She also seemed to have anticipated his curiosity about what she was. He had to admit, the possibility that it was not uncommon for people to wonder about her origins was comforting. He felt less like he had been living under a rock and was unaware of things he should probably have known.

Catching the slight playfulness in her tone, a small smile once again tugged at the corners of his mouth. "Very well. I hail from the Emerald clan. The name is Viper." In point of fact that wasn't the case. It was only a nickname. But he only very rarely shared his actual name with anyone outside of family or any of his very close friends. Which in the dangerous wilds of the Sea of Grass had left him with few of either.

Viper waved off her comment about owing him their lives. "And neither you, nor these people owe me anything." His hand drifted towards his now healed side. "A life for a life, if you will." He said with a soft chuckle. In truth, he wouldn't have felt any of these people including her would have owed him anything even if she was unable to come to his aid. But he figured, if he could at least make it seem like the score was even so to speak, she would accept that. "And you seem to know a fair bit about my people. Pray tell, how is it you come to know of us? And...forgive me. But what brings you way out here to such a dangerous place?"
Viper
Victory is mine!

Words: 185303
Joined roleplay: October 26th, 2012, 1:39 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Litani on July 16th, 2013, 1:32 am

...their hands, their skin, the way his fingers shifted along hers... Blinking, feeling her mind shifting, she gasped faintly and bit back the sound, swallowing tensely as a gentle dizziness clouded her eyes. Was she waking? Was she catching her breath? Or just... was it him? She felt hollow. Whole, but distant. Empty in that way that only a passionless spirit can feel when it inhabits a body.

Only the dream, you fool. It's you. Not him.

The touch broke and he gave her a name, yet did not ask for hers. She smiled softly. He named a snake, venomous and deadly, graceful and beautiful... and doubtless not the name his parents gave him. It didn't matter. The smiled deepened slightly, conspiratorially, as if she shared in some unvoiced secret between them. He didn't ask after her either... interestingly enough. Standing there in scales and webbed hands, hiding gills and bearing the mark of Rak'keli, she was all too easy a conquest of curiosity. Yet he didn't ask. Instead, he asked how she knew about him.

She took a breath to answer, jovially, calmly. "My father was Akalak, he taught me about..." she trailed off suddenly and a scant cloud passed across the sky of her eyes. Then it scattered. The smile resettled. "Drykas. Is... that what you are? My father was from Riverfall, he told me of the clans that surround it. He did not know much but... he told me you might be here." She let her voice drift slightly then and the glint came back to her eyes. Hiding, perhaps, the falter from a moment before. "I'd no idea you'd be so close when we needed you."

And then he wanted to know her purpose. Her direction. Now, she stumbled for true - why was this dream in the Sea of Grass? What under heaven was she doing here..? Life called to her in Riverfall, ghosts and whispers of the past clutched at her and pulled her there... yet she knew the streets of Syliras as her only home. Her only home at all.

Was she caught inbetween?

She could only blink in answer to his question. All confidence fled her, all easy mannerism died unspoken. "I... do not know..."

---

In Riverfall, her body tossed and trashed suddenly against the sheets that suddenly seemed tangled around her limbs, choking her, trapping her, holding her where she feared most to be... Lost... Without purpose. Alone. She cried out softly in the darkness but fiercely forced herself back into the depths of unconsciousness, looking again for the scent of grass and horses, for the feel of leathered fleshy hands, for the beauty of green eyes.
Last edited by Litani on July 16th, 2013, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Litani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Viper on July 16th, 2013, 2:41 am

He looked confused for a moment. "Your father is an Akalak you say...?" Viper pondered this for a moment. In his experience the only people Akalaks sired even when mating with another race was more Akalaks. When she inquired to confirm if he himself was a Drykas, he smiled warmly. "Yes ma'am. A pure blood Drykas, from the Kelloch Pavilion to be more precise." He gave a bow jokingly. "At your service." He finished with a soft laugh. Actually the fact that he gave his family name took him by surprise when he realized it.

His smile lessened though when she expressed her surprise at their proximity. The memories of the "previous day" had in fact vanished from his mind mercifully, until now. "As for why we were close...We uh...have actually been tracking this group of Zith for two days. ....Ever since we arrived too late for a raid on our own families." At this point his face began to once again give away hints to the terrible event that had happened to himself. "Once you entered the Sea of Grass, it wasn't long before we detected your presence. We figured your group would be their next likely target, and thus came with all speed."

He suddenly felt strange. Black patches began to block parts of his vision, and the woman herself began to fade from view even as she herself seemed to be feeling the same way. No wait! He thought to himself as he realized once more it was only a dream...a dream that threatened to be cut short. And before he could even ask specifically about her... Wait why had he not even asked that in the first place? He cursed silently to himself. His defensive somewhat suspicious nature having once again gotten the better of him apparently.

The complete turnaround in her countenance concerned him. An almost worried look came to his face and he reached out and gently touched her shoulder. "It's ok...I sort of know how you feel to be honest. I'm a little lost right now myself." His warm smile returned as his focus on the setting at hand also thankfully returned to him. Not wanting to waste another moment on his almost always present concern for safety and threats, he finally inquired. "So tell me, please. What is your name? And don't take this the wrong way, but...what are you?" He finished with a chuckle, lowering his hand and gesturing to her rather elegant scales. Pleased also, that his body had decided to let him continue with the dream...at least for a while longer.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Litani on July 16th, 2013, 9:26 pm

An Akalak? “Yes, he was.” She felt her voice tighten slightly, felt the twitch of a curved brow arching on her forehead. Even in a dream, the instinct of defensiveness seemed eager to rise when her father was questioned. Bracing herself for the jest or taunt or disbelief that did not come, Litani found herself caught vaguely off-guard when Viper smiled at her so easily.... he didn’t challenge, didn’t doubt - at least not outwardly, as she was so accustomed to seeing. A Konti born of an Akalak, born in Syliras, raised in Zeltiva. Right. And her blue father was entirely conspicuous whenever he came to visit her. Bad enough to hear ‘fish girl’ and ‘scale face’ from her playmates as she grew up, but she had a giant blue father on top of it... A father who absolutely adored her, and she him. Remnants of a childhood spent explaining and enduring their rather excessively rude questioning crossed her face briefly... but then was gone.

She saw, she perceived how he spoke then about his family. She heard the tone of his voice as he proclaimed his pavillion and ascertained his heritage. She saw the sparkle in his emerald eyes - such surreal things! with a color she’d never imagined. Without thinking, she smiled very softly, very slightly sad. This must be a man who knows himself, his blood... he understands them, doesn’t doubt or fear them. They are part of who he is. How she envied him that... and how grateful she was to be reminded that such people did exist.

When the next words met her ears and he told her that her so-recent nightmare was shared by others - by that family he so treasured - she closed her eyes and winced in empathic sympathy for how painful she knew that must feel to him. The pair were echoing each other, even if they were unaware of it... all mirrors, reflecting each other’s grief and loss in flashes of expression and vocal timbre that hinted but never fully explained what lay beneath. And yet, just as clearly, they seemed to share a grasp of life that burned too bright to let go of for very long. This light crept into her voice and warmed the backs of her eyes as she whispered softly, knowing how futile the words were even as she said them, “I am so sorry for your kin... I am so sorry, Viper.” The light turned into tiny spears in her head, burning with the same sting that had seen her off to sleep that night... She looked down before letting him see. What sort of fool weeps for the family of a stranger? … one whose own blood was gone. It doesn’t matter. His need is greater. Toughen up, idiot. What kind of healer are you, anyway?

Stubbornly, she cleared her throat and tightened her jaw for a moment, letting the peak of emotion pass her by. Then, with a gentle smile, she glanced back up at him and said in her soft, strangely alto voice, “All I can do is thank you for my life.” She didn’t say ‘But I can’t bring back your family’, even if she thought it - all it would do is hurt, and remind them both how mortal they are... and remind her of whom else she could not bring back. In a way which she had never previously appreciated, loss could be the binding threads that drew the living together. “I can thank you... and... I can say that you are not alone. I know that means but little... but it is true.

In the next moment she saw his hand reach out, moving for her shoulder. It did not truly dawn on her that he meant to touch her until he was in fact doing so; she turned her face slightly to look at the hand there, so innocuous and calm, such a genuine gesture. With a blink, her eyes shifted back to him and the rest of her remained motionless, neither directly responding nor pulling away. Just... feeling. Flickers of him flashed through her, fueled by the contact - the hunt had tired him, but not debilitatingly so, and he still bore the bodily pain of a great sacrifice so recent as to be worn in the flesh... but apart from those things, he felt whole, healthy. That was good. She could take comfort in that.

And then he asked. She smiled faintly; of course he asked, would she not have done the same? After all, she'd invited it. Still - and perhaps surprisingly - she blushed and glanced away, covering a sliver of shyness with an almost girlish smile.

My name is Litani,” came the soft reply as she flicked her eyes back to his, just for the instant of the introduction. “And I am a Konti.” She gazed sightlessly at the ground for a few seconds but then a thought occured to her and, with a tiny glint of playfulness about her, she reached her left hand into the distance between them. There, coiled about the smallest finger, was her Gnosis mark - Rak’keli’s serpent. Along the slender bones, the tiniest of scales could just barely be seen in the sunset’s light - and then only if she turned her hand at certain angles. But then her long fingers started to slowly move apart from each other, just a little, letting him see an unusual and characteristic sight - there were, without a doubt, delicate webs linking each of her fingers to its neighbor, starting just below the center knuckle and sweeping down to the body of her hand. She looked up at him then, watching him, gauging his response... the gesture seemed to say ‘See? This is what I am.’ Half of her was vaguely self-amused, having carried these marks of difference long enough to at least take some measure of enjoyment in the positive reactions of others when they were honestly just curious. But the other half was guarded, for similar reasons. Better he see while I can explain than discover and be shocked. Or so she hoped, at least. She became quiet then and waited, letting him ask what he will... or not.
Litani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Viper on July 16th, 2013, 10:28 pm

Viper simply smiled and nodded lightly at her words. It was always nice to have someone who understood. Though he wished no one could understand this current situation. Nobody should ever have to.

"Litani...", he tried the name out and smiled. "Beautiful name. Does it have a meaning?" His culture tended to have meanings to all there names, so he was naturally curious if her culture was similar, or not. It was then she began to show him her hand, and how different she truly was from him. In truth he found it fascinating. He was not like some who feared or hated what they didn't know. On the contrary, he usually sought to learn more of others. And it turned out the stories WERE true. She was a Konti.

He hesitated a moment before reaching out for her hand. Feeling the scales that covered her, he then examined her small tattoo there. "Interesting...is this the mark of your gods?" He released her hand once more and began to roll up his sleeve. "My people also having what we call windmarks. We receive them when we have been chosen by a Strider to be it's rider." He finished pulling up his sleeve to proudly reveal the whole windmark on his shoulder. "It symbolizes our becoming full fledged members of the clan."

He smiled as he once again turned his eyes to her to guage her own reactions. Some people found them disturbing, others were amazed. He was curious to see which side of the fence she was on as he waited her reply.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Litani on July 16th, 2013, 10:53 pm

She smiled as he took her hand. In part, she'd anticipated it; the sense of him became clearer, skin to skin, the way it was when she had healed him and she briefly closed her eyes as she felt it. Doubtless he had no idea, for her Gift only flowed in one direction... but she found the sensation briefly intoxicating. Blinking, and with a subtle smile still clinging to her lips, she chuckled a soft response, "A litany is a prayer to the Gods... a sung prayer. " After a slight pause, she added, "My father named me." As his fingertips traveled the lines of scales on her skin and found her Mark, she nodded to answer his question. "This is the Mark of Rak'keli... She is the reason I could heal you, as I did." Her free hand gestured lightly toward the side of his body so recently stitched whole.

As he spoke of windmarks and rolled up the sleeve of his shirt, the Konti found her eyes drawn to the ink and beauty that was etched into his skin. Skin colored by the sun and carved from sweat... Unconsciously, she took a step closer to the art he so casually offered and, without thinking, she raised a hand to trace her fingers along one of the prominent lines of the design. That the line happened to trace the curvature of muscle was... pure coincidence. "They are beautiful," she whispered appreciatively, drinking in their sight even before she noticed his eyes watching for her reaction. When she did notice, again she blushed - this time damn near to scarlet - and her hand snapped back as if his skin was fire instead of flesh. "They are... beautiful. Handsome!" Perfect, idiot. She took a brief breath. "They are lovely." She cleared her throat slightly, inwardly cursing her awkwardness. "How proud you must be to wear them." There, that's a good finish, right?

Gods, I'm such a fool sometimes.

Part of her wanted to curl into an embarrassed ball, part of her wanted to touch him again, and part of her wanted desperately to reclaim the distant healer's dignity that had so well served her in the past. With this last thought firmly in mind, she gave him a gentle smile and forced herself to meet his eyes and hoped violently that the Drykas could not read minds.
Litani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Viper on July 17th, 2013, 3:09 am

He found it curious how important her father seemed to be to her, yet she didn't really ever mention her mother. Although curious, he would not inquire. He knew how much he valued his own privacy, with a few exceptions of course. But he would still give her the same courtesy and not pry. It was also a comfort to hear her explain how she managed to heal his wounds. Was definitely nice to know she was simply a healer with the approval of a goddess as apposed to some sorceress casting an intricate web to snare himself and maybe the others.

When she approached to get a better look at his windmarks, he smiled noting her interest. It would seem her people tend to have the same fondness for tattoos. Or perhaps it was how his windmarks similarly held important meaning as hers did for her. Sensing her soft touch tracing the lines of his design, his armed tensed up. Not in a worried retracting sort of way. Nor in a manner trying to show off. But simply as a reflex. Like someone poking you in the stomach, he wasn't used to it. Still, in an attempt to not appear to show off, he quickly relaxed his arms once more.

It was her next actions that took him by surprise. And a confused grin, gave away his feelings. The sudden recoiling of her hand when she noticed, he was watching her. Followed quickly by her blushing which Viper would describe as cute. He wondered what happened. She did after all just have her hands all over his chest and stomach a few moments earlier...though then again as a healer, that was probably different. She then stammered over her words. His confusion began to fade. And his grin turned simply to a warm smile.

Again it was strange, that just a few short minutes have past, and yet the chaos of battle, the extent of his injuries, even lost friends and family seemed to all disappear into the back of his mind where he wished they had been this whole time. Why was it that he felt so at peace so quickly? Her touch almost seeming natural, as if it was just another day with someone far more close than a mere acquaintance? He raised a hand gently to her chin, though more so just following her movement rather than guiding her to return her gaze to his.

Still smiling warmly as he stared into her crystal blue eyes, he replied almost in a whisper. "Thank you. Yours is beautiful as well."
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Litani on July 17th, 2013, 9:34 pm

It’s funny how our minds can play tricks with us sometimes. Awake or asleep, the mind is an impossibly complicated thing - full of fears, desires, forgotten memories and truths which we won’t admit to ourselves. As the dreaming mind of the Konti drifted in the currents of all the things which had just happened to her, and as she listened to the cacophony of all the things she’d felt in so short a time, she suddenly found herself staring up into the deep green eyes of a stranger... and wanting to stare forever.

And what are dreams, if not ruled by archetypes and primal instincts? He the Warrior, she the Healer... He saved her life and then told her how much of his own had just been taken away from him. Handfuls of moments, whispers of touch, traded glances that now lingered... was this all just the maze of her own disappointment and frustration, her desire and hope, all tangling together and manifesting itself in him? Was it just habit that, having sensed a hurt, she wanted to be the one to heal it even if he was merely a phantasm? ...or was it simply so intoxicating, having another come her aid when she so often did the rescuing of others?

Whatever made it happen, the shared dream-reality of his hand at her chin and his eyes watching hers caused her to smile slowly... almost in spite of herself. She let herself look at him, truly look, this time without letting her gaze falter and stumble like a darting sparrow. It’s just a look. Just let it be... you don’t have to analyze everything all the time! … And he didn’t turn away, didn’t laugh, didn’t speak to her like a child or try to discourage her. He didn’t treat her as anything less than an equal, nor anything more than mortal. He just smiled. And then gave her a soft, murmured compliment. After a moment, she realized that she was holding her breath.

Thank you,” she heard herself say, returning his warm smile and shifting her jaw ever so slightly against his fingers. “Mine... mine is not a tattoo, like yours,” she continued, motionless, gazing at the lines and curves of his face as her distracted words did a surprisingly decent job of communicating with an even tone. “I was born like this.” A soft chuckle escaped her then and she glanced down, but then back to his eyes again. She wanted to take the part of her mind that was focused on speaking and lose it in the perfect emerald orbs, but... “Rak’keli chose me to serve Her... you chose your mark, and earned it. My mark chose me, and I can only hope to deserve it.” Her graceful smile took on a note of humility as she spoke, half to him, half to her Goddess, but with complete sincerity in both respects. Then, in a misguided effort not to stare in such an overt fashion, she returned her eyes to the curves and colors of his windmarks.

It didn’t help.

Pull yourself together!

...why? They are beautiful, and he offered!

Because you’re as obvious as the sun, idiot. He is a stranger, and you’re nothing he would look at. You’re a Konti. Act your age and...

The internal tirade ceased suddenly as she caught the sound of movement behind her, glancing back just in time to see her Gildling send a powerful nudge of his nose against her side. She laughed and caught her balance with a step - the creature had an uncanny way of seeming to respond to her, even when she wasn’t voicing anything aloud - and he had broken a dark train of thought that was swiftly going nowhere. A renewed smile flashed itself to Viper and then she turned to include the creature in their conversation. Ansem might not be a Strider, might not have the link with Litani that the Drykas had to their treasured horses, but the two were quite clearly familiar companions. “This is Ansem, she said, reaching out a hand to caress his nose. “He has been with me for several years now.Thank the Gods... not a moment too soon. Carrots for you later, old friend! She chuckled briefly and stood aside a little, letting the two see each other if either had a mind to. Ansem, for his part, only tossed his head briefly and rested his eyes on Viper’s. He seemed to be waiting, taking stock of the man, learning him in that way that horses seem able to do. And as for Litani? Well, with the hope that the Drykas would find the Gildling interesting, she felt at liberty to steal a glance at him, sidelong. Just for a moment.
Litani

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Across the Sea [Viper]

Postby Viper on July 17th, 2013, 11:41 pm

The moment they stared into each others eyes seem to last for an eternity. Which for some strange reason, he didn't seem to mind in the slightest. But it wasn't to last forever, and no good thing ever did. As she broke their gaze off from each other, he noticed how close they had seemed to have gotten. A slight smirk tugged at the corner of his mouth while he took just a half a step back to give her the space she seemed to be desiring, and merely listened to her clarify how she was born with her markings. She didn't get to choose them like he had.

Pondering the concept for a moment, he responded, "Huh. That's curious. Sounds like a heavy responsibility. However, you seem to be doing just fine in deserving your mark." He said with a chuckle. "I've never seen healing like that in my entire life. So you must be doing something right." He offered as words of encouragement. Not really knowing all that much at all about her, he wasn't sure if she was being down on herself for some reason. Or if it was just a genuinely humble attitude.

When she brought her horse over for introductions...or was it her horse introducing himself? He mused to himself. In any event, he eyes shifted toward her fine animal. A wide smile became apparent on his face. How could it not. What type of horseman does not admire the sight of another fine horse. He held out his hand slowly as he closed the gap between the two. Softly he then ran his hand gently along Ansem's neck and through his hair. "Good boy. It's a pleasure to meet you Ansem. And you did very well today for a horse not trained in war or combat. We were impressed, weren't we Aeyan?" He turned around toward his own mount and gestured for him to approach.

Aeyan, neighed happily and joined the group. "And this is my Strider and best friend Aeyan. He has been with me for a few years now as well. We have been through quite a lot together. Haven't we Aeyan." He said with a smirk as he pat his shoulder. Aeyan meanwhile responded by nuzzling his head gently against Vipers face. Causing Viper to laugh once more. "Oh yes I didn't forget. You earned this...both of you." He finished after looking back to Ansem. A moment later, he pulled out a carrot. Snapping it in half he handed out each portion to either horse. Viper simply watched the two horses as they ate their treats.

Finally breaking his attention from the horse, and stealing himself to look at Litani again, he couldn't help but think again of how close they had been just a few moments earlier. He had begun to suspect something seeming to develop between them based her small reactions and looks...but he found himself surprised to see he too was starting to find her more than just a simple curiosity. More than just a random traveler that he saved and would soon leave to her own devices and plans. But how could this be? He had only a single purpose before, and it involved no feelings of this kind at all. Quite the opposite in fact. But her presence had a way of soothing his battle weary soul like almost nothing he had seen before. Perhaps he was really just imagining it all. Perhaps it was the blood loss playing tricks on his mind.

Not like someone so elegant and skilled could really find a battered and tired old horseman from the Sea of Grass as interesting. Ok so maybe he wasn't that "old". But he would swear he felt like it sometimes. Life here had a way of never seeming to let you take your ease. He forced the thoughts from his mind. You're reading way to much into this Vipe... he finally decided before refocusing his thoughts. Looking up to the sky, he caught the last vestiges of the sun dip down beneath the horizon, casting beautiful hues of red and orange into the evening sky. Turning back to Litani, he asked. "Well as it's late...would you mind it terribly if my company of men and I stayed with your group? We'll then depart in the morning."

Again he had seemed to forget momentarily this was a dream. The realism of everything, every detail was so real that it didn't help to derail this illusion. Or maybe it was simply, he didn't want to let the dream fade.
Viper
Victory is mine!

Character sheet

PreviousNext