[Bronze Wood-Aylasa Caves] The Hunt (Yng, Loo, Arm)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Yngvie on July 30th, 2010, 12:20 am

Day 68 of Summer 510

When Yngvie was attacked by the bear, he had simply let it chase Ventus for a minute while he went the other way. It was not the nicest of things to do, but in such a situation, survival was the main concern. After he was sure that the bear was gone, he found Ventus again. It was not hard, all he had to do was follow the horse prints. After he had found him, he had silently followed him until he entered a camp and made a new 'friend'. Yngvie had slept just outside of the camp, and woke up the next day to find the pair talking with a suspicious looking woman who wanted them to go on a quest of some kind. As Ventus was talking to the woman, he silently crept up behind him. When he said that he would join her on the hunt, Yngvie put his arm around Ventus' shoulder and said, "Why hello Ventus! How strange me meeting you here. Why, I am so glad that you left me all alone to fend for myself back there. If you had tried to save me, well I just could not imagine that! I hear that you are going on a quest, and I am coming to! I really don't want the money though, you can have that! And don't say no, I will just end up following you anyway."
Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Words: 9059
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2010, 6:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Armesi Rulf on July 30th, 2010, 6:12 am

Armesi Rulf

"Let the unkown warn you, the myths caution you, and
the known inspire you."

Nodding briefly at the newcomer, she shrugged and spoke.

"I only have fifty gold miza's for the lot of you.. sorry I can't spare more." She explained

Drawing a wrapped bundle from one of her water packs, she tossed it a few yards to her left.

"There’s dinner. I'll be prepping for tomorrow, then I'll be going to bed. Work out the rest amongst yourself. We leave at midnight tonight, so I would get some rest. Before we go, I must thank you for joining me. I appreciate your assistance, and gods be praised we'll all survive this hunt!" She said

Armesi would spend the rest of the day dyeing her the fletching of her bolts a deep blue color. Dark enough not to give out her position in the night, but bright enough be gleam in the moon or sun-light. The original white of her bolts simply would not do!

[OOC: suicide portion of this post]
At about mid day she bundled up her now dried bolts and went off into the woods. She had been pondering the peril ahead of them, and she realized that she had encountered a fundamental error in her plan. Death.

Walking deep into the forest she diceded she had found her path to imortality. She needed to die first however, and work her way back to power as a ghost. But was her willpower strong enough to endure the hell she would enslave herself into?

Shrugging she walked deed into the woods. Pulling her spade from her pack, she spent the better part of the day digging a hole several feet deep. She quickly stripped down completely bare. Carefully packing her stuff into her backpack, she wrapped the whole bundle in her camouflaged tarp. She had taken special effort to place her armor and crossbow within her water-packs, further ensuring they didn't rot in the ground. Placing her silk rope and a fine dress to the side, she buried her backpack by filling in the hole.

Climbing into the dress, she made a noose from the rope and walked deeper into the forest. After several hours she finally stopped and climbed up the biggest tree saw. About halfway up the tree she tied the rope around a particularly thick branch. Slipping the noose over her neck, she took a moment to pray. Smiling a grim smile, she walked to the end of the branch and stepped off.

A Forrest echoing crackling resulted from her plummet. Neck broken, she was dead. Thats all she wrote folks.

After some moments she would compose her conscious and will somewhere else, continuing her life so to speak as a ghost. Silent, powerless, un-able to speak to the world. Only observe.

_________
[OOC: I'm dead, wishing to change my race to Ghost.]

Armesi Rulf
Player

Words: 7822
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2010, 3:51 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Lookos on July 30th, 2010, 3:08 pm

[OOC= I'm not going to be able to post today]

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Words: 10737
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 30th, 2010, 6:20 pm

[OOC: I don't know what the hell to post.]
Ventus
Player

Words: 10962
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2010, 8:11 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet

Postby Lookos on July 31st, 2010, 4:53 am

[OOC= Yeah that was a somewhat random & hard to follow up post... I'm clueless as well]

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Character sheet

Postby Armesi Rulf on July 31st, 2010, 4:59 am

[OOC: it isn't hard to follow... I wandered off into the forest and offed myself. I never came back. Continue your RP.]
Armesi Rulf
Player

Words: 7822
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2010, 3:51 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Postby Ventus on July 31st, 2010, 3:48 pm

Ventus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Excuse me sir, but what did you say about my art?"

When Yngvie popped out of the forest and grabbed Ventus' shoulder, his first reaction was to dive to the left and take out his bow. And so he did, spinning and bringing the bow from his shoulder upon landing. At the moment, he had the quiver hanging from his side for when he was out on a walk. He took an arrow and aimed, then realized who it was. "Good... I probably wouldn't give you the money anyways..." he mumbled as he rolled and brought himself back up... again. He had had to dive too many times in this camp it was starting to be painful. He rubbed his forehead and listened to what Armesi had to say. Yes... hopefully we survive the hunt... he thought to himself. "Yngvie, would you like to go for a walk?" he asked after Armesi had left. He didn't necessarily trust Yngvie, but he trusted this Armesi woman less. There was something strange about her. Offering 25 gold mizas for a simple hunt was over the top. It had to be illegal, or she would kill them, so he felt that it was his job to find out.
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

Postby Yngvie on August 1st, 2010, 12:04 am

"So glad to see your happy to see me!" Yngvie threw his head back and cackled at Ventus' remark. "Sure, let's go for a walk! Where are we walking? It did not turn out too well the first time you know!" Although he was definitely curious about who the other two characters where, Yngvie had no time to before the strange woman abruptly left. He was also curious as to what they would be hunting. "Tell me, 'Rugged Man' for that's what I shall call you, what we will be hunting. I would rather like to know what will be trying to kill me and me it.", he said to the other man as he turned to exit the camp.

OOC: (( sorry, short post))
Last edited by Yngvie on August 2nd, 2010, 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yngvie
Chaos's Herald

Words: 9059
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2010, 6:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet

Postby Lookos on August 1st, 2010, 3:09 am

Lookos looked on as the huntress walked off "She's up to something...., and it doesn't feel good....", he was called back to reality when the newcomer called out to him.

"Tell me, 'Rugged Man' for that's what I shall call you, what we will be hunting. I would rather like to know what will be trying to kill me and me it."

Lookos bristled "First off stranger, you will call me by my name. Which is Lookos." "Though in response to your question I have no idea other than that miss huntress lady said we will be hunting rare entities....whatever the hell that is...

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Character sheet

Postby Ventus on August 1st, 2010, 8:13 pm

Ventus
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Excuse me sir, but what did you say about my art?"

It was a good thing that Yngvie was good at sneaking, because that was exactly what would be needed. Ventus was going to stalk the female and find exactly what she was up to. He walked outward into the forest, slowly observing as she walked out, more and more. The part of the forest they were getting into seemed quite dangerous, as he saw things roaming around that could be very, very bad. He climbed a tree to a good place where he could see through a few leaves. He almost fell at a point, but he stayed. As she walked into something of clearing, she started to strip and Ventus did not exactly think that was a bad thing and had trouble taking off his eyes. In fact, he didn't.

The whole ordeal took a while, and Ventus didn't move. He believed that Yngvie was likely somewhere behind, also watching. Why would someone want to commit suicide...? he thought to himself as he watched. The whole ordeal seemed what one would call... well, ridiculous. He couldn't figure out why he wouldn't stop her, but he continued to watch. Then, she went down in the dress, falling to her death. "What.... what just happened?"
Ventus
Player

Character sheet

PreviousNext