Quick question on Kelvics...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

Postby Isolde Seibold on July 20th, 2013, 2:09 am

Okay. This question has to do with Kelvics and reproduction.

It says in the lore, "First and foremost, Marcus Kelvic made sure (as a means of population control) that Kelvics could only get pregnant in their human form. They cannot reproduce with their animal counterparts."

To me, those sentences seem to be aimed primarily at female Kelvics. I was wondering if the same rules apply to male Kelvics. Like, could a male Kelvic, who doesn't need to worry about pregnancy and shifting, successfully mate with a female member of his... animal species? I don't see why not... unless, by "population control" Marcus Kelvic somehow made it so that all Kelvics are infertile while they are in their animal form. (Though, thinking about it... does anyone happen to know if the Kelvic line is carried from mother to children, or from father, or both? It would be interesting if only female Kelvics could produce Kelvic offspring, while male Kelvics could not. Then it likely wouldn't matter if a male Kelvic wanted to mate with a female of his animal species... but that's all just me murmuring to myself needlessly. Sorry. ^^')

Anyways, I'm pretty certain that the author (Goss?) meant that NO Kelvics could reproduce while in animal form, but I just thought I'd ask regardless.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 20th, 2013, 3:39 am

Only humans. Thanks.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on July 20th, 2013, 4:40 am

Thank you! ^^
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit