Hail ye authors of awesome!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Drop on by, introduce yourself, and let us know how you found us. In addition, don't be afraid to tell us what you'd like to get out of your Mizahar experience. Check out the stickies for more information.

Postby Zarbo on July 24th, 2013, 8:52 pm

Hey everyone!

My name is Nikolai, I'm 21 years old and studying medicin. I started LARP'ing when was around 12 years old and have been captivated by epic and awe inspiring and epic tales ever since. Shortly after that I started playing tabletop from the D&D series, though mostly homebrew. I've also been roleplaying in World of Warcraft and a bit via Skype, though seldomly with a quantity and quality of stories and players able to match what I've seen here in Mizahar. Although being in the roleplaying genre for quite a few years, I've seldom dwelled upon the storytelling and roleplay, so I'm definently more used to being a part of a story than writing it myself. That wont keep me from trying though! ;)

When it comes to roleplaying i prefer the jolly journey, fabulous fights, awesome adventures and quaint quest. When writing about more misrable aspects of life i tend to quickly turn it over to a sunshine story, so long lasting darkness seldom has a chance in my stories; which seems to be just what Mizahar needs. I love Mizahar's races and the themes they set, along with the huge variety in the characters you can create. The vast amount of lore is breathtaking and will take me a bit of time getting through, but I'm working on it. Since I've mostly roleplayed in private having your threads graded to get experience is quite new to me, though I'm sure you guys have a good hold of it :)

At the moment I'm a bit at loss with what character to make. Having ideas for an Inarta dreaming of freedom and the great world outside the comforting mountains and a Squire of the Sylrian Knights wanting to fight the dangers of the world and rebuild civilisation.

Looking forward to getting into the fight with you guys!

ps. If anyone is looking for a apprentice in the magic arts, holler :)
Zarbo
Player

Words: 1286
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2013, 5:21 pm
Race: Human

Postby Harrier on July 24th, 2013, 9:51 pm

Welcome to Mizahar! You should definitely come to Wind Reach if you're interested in being an Inartan. Just keep in mind, they're a very homebound race; they don't enjoy being outside their city for prolonged periods all that much.

If you'd like some help in developing should you choose Inartan, I'd be glad to sit down with you some time and we can work it out. WR always needs fresh dek to clean shyke players!
Harrier
Harrier than you

Words: 365904
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Zarbo on July 24th, 2013, 10:16 pm

Thank you very much!

I actully started out wanting to take on Wind Reach, but due to it's homebound nature and all great adventures lying out in the wide world i started considering the Sylrian Knights. The geas inhibiting knowledge of the Valterian and Ivak also somewhat seems an obstacle for me for some reason, not having free reign of some knowledge just makes that knowledge more desireable ;)
I'm not saying I don't like the Inarta, from all the races they were the one I liked the most, the fire, flight and finese is refreshing and they seem very well joined together. Tough I quickly felt like a caged bird(best metaphor i could think of, sorry), but I'm here to try something new so I might give it a shot soon.
Zarbo
Player

Postby Harrier on July 25th, 2013, 12:47 am

The geas was actually lifted in 512; the wiki on WR is just out of date. You can actually see how WR was affected here! And who told you we don't have adventures :3 We have some fun stuff planned for our gingers!
Harrier
Harrier than you

Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Zarbo on July 25th, 2013, 8:44 am

Oh boy...!
What a thing to miss... Any place where these major events is kept?
I don't doubt a moment the commitment of the people around Wind Reach, though I can't help but being inspired by old man Val Imsun.
Zarbo
Player

Postby Harrier on July 25th, 2013, 11:40 am

A good place to start is the Calendar of Events archive. It's just a note of major events that occurred in the city during that time. The other option is browse the threads there. A lot of them incorporate major events into their stories.
Harrier
Harrier than you

Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Zarbo on July 25th, 2013, 12:36 pm

Thank you once again, I'll drop by the Wind Reach forum soon. I'd very much like help getting everything right from the start
Zarbo
Player