Verena Lorak's Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Verena Lorak's Plotnotes

Postby Verena Lorak on August 4th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Interview

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Verena Calaine Lorak
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? No. Though some people insist on calling me Ver or Rena.
3. How old are you? 20
4. What is your height? 5'5
5. What is your weight? 122 lbs

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
3. What is your favorite body feature? Don't have one.
4. How physically fit are you? Fit enough to work 24-hours as a doctor
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style? Simply.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Yes
3. What is your extended family like? They are . . . unique, to say the least. Interesting.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? I'm not sure. I don't really have close friends.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Why should I?

2. Where do you live now? Kenash
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be? In order to decide, I should have experiences regarding various locations - which I don't.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time? The library works. I have never traveled away from Kenash before, but I would like to some day.
5. Where do you fear to be? Being trapped anywhere.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?) No.
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Right-handed
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Common and Vani and no accent that I'm aware of.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? People say I'm odd all the time. I don't like to talk. Or be around people in general.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? Yes, I do.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Doctor, Healer
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? My work is my life.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be? A doctor.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you? I am quiet and reclusive
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents? A most typical one, nothing particularly special about it. Father tends to be busy as the Head of House and Mother is kind enough.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel? Uncle Doromer, he thought me everything I know.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have? The best that could be given to me - mostly taught by my relatives, though.
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I simply adore it.
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Family, books, experience
4. How do you learn best? Reading, experiments
5. What are your educational goals for the future? Be the best doctor in Kenash or even the Cyphrus Region

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not? No. I don't know how. But there are some exceptions.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not? That depends.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Straight
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Yes. Any further information is not necessary.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Yes, but I don't wish to dwell on it.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time. Yes, I suppose, by accident. It was unpleasantly pleasant, to be simply put.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis? No.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer? None.
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them? No, not really.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific. Alcohol is a method for some people to release tension and enjoy a good time and I don't disagree. These substances are what I use to calm some of my patients and ease their pain.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies? Studying, healing.
2. Do you like to read? Yes
3. What annoys you more than anything else? Unnecessary socialization.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do? Working.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors? Various shades of purple.
2. What is your favorite time of day? The evening.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic? Depends. A realist might be more precise.
2. What are your religious views? I am devoted to Rak'keli
3. Would you be able to kill? I want to believe that I do not, but I've done it. Even if I did not intent to.
4. What are your views on sex? It's our human nature, what about it?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret? Not being to save the lives that were lost in my care.
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why? Doing something more, saving more lives.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others? Honest? I don't even share my feelings to others, not really.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for? Nothing comes to mind.
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others? Indifferently, politely when possible.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why? There are a few.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why? My brother, Zorane.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover. Yes.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict? Avoid, argue only when necessary.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations? No.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not? No. I find it quite uncomfortable.
4. Do you care what others think of you? Not necessarily. I know it is important, but I find hard to care nevertheless.
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted? Introverted
5. Are you generally organized or messy? Organized

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any? Rak'keli.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them? Yes, from Rak'keli. I've had it since birth.
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
Last edited by Verena Lorak on July 6th, 2015, 5:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Words: 234038
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Verena Lorak's Plotnotes

Postby Verena Lorak on August 25th, 2013, 4:17 am

Things to Work On!

Lorak Stuff

• ✓ Lorak Family History - here
  • Lorak Family Tree
  • The city-wide disease thing in Kenash + the Rise of the Lorak from slavery
  • ✓ Build up family NPCs (most of it)

Verena Stuff

• Thread about learning surgery the first time
  • Flashback threads: Relationship with Caedmon Paille
  • Flashback thread: Betrothal to Cassius Paille
  • Flashback thread: First time studying medicine
  • ✓ Flashback thread: Hallan (WIP)
  • Flashback thread: Meeting Bellara
  • Find an appropriate - or inappropriate - scandal for Verena. Failure during practice? Weird romance thingies? Involvement with slaves?
Last edited by Verena Lorak on July 29th, 2014, 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Verena Lorak's Plotnotes

Postby Verena Lorak on September 15th, 2013, 1:19 am

Short Term Experiences

• Make a friend! Or two! Or three!
  • Visit two different plantations!
  • Kiss a fellow PC and feel guilty about it
  • Get drunk
  • Get involuntarily drugged
  • Save a slave from getting punished
  • To marry or not to marry, that is the question . . .
  • Find out more about the Rujaros
  • Argue with another PC (shouldn't be too hard)
  • Treat a someone's injury - preferably PC
  • Complete Seasonal Challenge if possible

Long Term Experiences

• Know more about Eyris
  • Earn Lykata somehow
  • More Healing Marks!
  • Fail in a surgery
  • Kill someone unintentionally
  • Have a mental breakdown
  • Get kidnapped by Rujaro

Character Development Plans

Despite her discomfort about how things work in Kenash, Verena never questions it or do anything against it. She was mostly kept away from the harsh truths about the slavery. Verena did not even realize that most of the slaves that she had met were those in better conditions. Unfortunately, she has little clue about just how horrible the slaves were treated.

Slowly, Verena will found out the truth as more slaves rebelled and she was trapped in between. Here are some events that I plan to build up into one significant moment for Verena and change her views about the Dynasty and actually do somthing.

• Eye of the Storm - Verena visited Bloodflower Plantation only to see how bad the field slaves' living conditions were, finding it vastly different from Whitesnake slaves'. To make it worse, a riot broke out and Verena witnessed the slaves being cut down in cold-blood.
  • Whitesnake Blues - Verena's mother is exiled from Kenash and forced to kill a slave for the sake of their family's reputation. Hallan, Verena's slave, was also punished simply because people started to speculate about an affair between the two. After which, Verena decided to leave the town for a few seasons.
  • Behind Closed Doors - A young female slave was delivered to her from Kiala Radacke's estate who was obviously in shock and covered with signs of violence. Only later did she know that the slave was forced to give out sexual services in the Caged Sun.
  • Need more ideas . . .

Skill Goals

Skill Current Proficiency Goal
Medicine Competent Master
Herbalism Novice Master
Philtering Novice Expert
Drawing Novice Expert
Auristics Novice Expert
Gardening Novice Expert
Poison None Competent
Writing None Competent
Cutlass None Competent
Unarmed Combat None Competent
Last edited by Verena Lorak on July 6th, 2015, 5:21 am, edited 8 times in total.
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Verena Lorak's Plotnotes

Postby Verena Lorak on December 29th, 2013, 6:13 am

Rough Timeline

Date of Significant Events
Location Age
Description
Winter 67th, 493 AV Kenash 0 Birth. Marked by Rak'keli
Summer 77th, 502 AV Kenash 8 Studied medicine for the first time.
Fall 45th, 502 AV Kenash 8 Death of Calamur Lorak, Verena's father.
Winter 67th, 509 AV Kenash 16 Meeting Caedmon Paille for the first time.
Spring 3rd, 511 AV Kenash 18 Taught herself Auristics from books
Winter 67th, 511 AV Kenash 18 Caedmon promised that he would marry her on her 20th birthday.
Winter 80th, 511 AV Kenash 18 Hallan was brought to her and she healed him.
Spring 51st, 512 AV Kenash 18 Verena's betrothal to Cassius Paille was announced.
Summer 3rd, 512 AV Kenash 18 Verena officially took over the Mortal Solace
Last edited by Verena Lorak on July 7th, 2015, 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Verena Lorak's Plotnotes

Postby Verena Lorak on December 16th, 2014, 1:41 am

Herb Rarity Climate Skills Needed Note
Acalai Rare Warm L2 Herbalism Wood chips for incense, yellow flowers for dye. Produces sap.
Acson Uncommon Temperate L1 Herbalism, L1 Poison Touching leaves and stems produces mild rash. Ingesting induces nausea and vomiting. Helpful for combating animal poisons
Aletrid Common Temperate Hills L1 Herbalism Bundles of vines smell nice
Amur Rare Temperate Hills L1 Herbalism Dried and powdered stalks and flowers make incense.
Azhiltu Uncommon Temperate Hills L2 Herbalism Dried and crushed leaves and petals make tea for stomach pains. Flowers and seeds crushed for maroon and purple dye. Poultice can stop bleeding, or taken as a tea.
Baltsice Rare Warm Plains and Hills L2 Herbalism Buds, resin, bark, and roots create potent macerated stimulants.
Batonal Common Temperate L1 Herbalism Leaves used as cooking spice. Hot infusion as a medicine against internal discomfort.
Barridon Rare Temperate L2 Herbalism, L2 Poison Highly poisonous. Infusion causes hallucinations. Macerated oils a strong contact, injury, or ingested poison, causing extreme nausea.
Belltor Common Temperate forests and wooded marshlands L1 Herbalism Infusions relieave head congestion and headaches. A hot poultice prevents scarring and aids in wound closure. Tincture against colds and diseases.
Brinetooth Uncommon Any forest L1 Herbalism Berries can be mashed, decocted, and preserved as paste to restore strength and vitality. Wood is used in woodcarving and shaping.
Bon'mur Common Plains and Marshlands L2 Herbalism Leaves and roots can be chewed for colds or fevers. Infusion can help heal injured/sore/dry eyes. Macerated oils from fresh leaves, or tea from dry leaves. Can wake unconscious people.
Boldt Uncommon Forests and Seacoasts L2 Herbalism Wood is used as thatch, brooms, basketweaving. Fibers can be made into paper, ropes, cloth.
Bunwol Uncommon Any Marshlands, Fresh Water Coastlands, Riverbanks L3 Herbalism, L2 Poisons All parts are poisonous, causing light nausea and weakness if ingested. Macerated oils act as antidote to most plant based poisons.
Bynntip Rare Temperate L1 OR L4 L1 allows to be used as thatching. L4 allows to make powder from bark, when inhaled. Allows user to glimpse the Ukalas.
Calgonquit Rare Mountain Forests L2 Herbalism Roots can be chewed to clear mind, help with meditation. Cut, dried, and powdered, dissolved in liquid gives better results
Clodgol Rare Temperate to Warm Hills and Mountains L2 Herbalism Leaves and stalks boiled and crushed make yellow/gold dye. Flowers and seeds crushed and dried for spice.
Connal Common Temperate Hills, Plains, Forests L1 Herbalism, L1 Brewing Dried flowers and roots added to hot bath for relief of aching joints and wounds. Infused to tea to indued sleep. Brewer can ferment the herb into white wine.
Dalmis Rare Desert or Warm Plains L2 Herbalism Stalks and leaves dried, chopped and mixed as incense. When dried and ground, becomes a good base for Philters.
Delaviv Uncommon Any Temperate L1 Herbalism Decocted into wine to ease and speed baby deliveries. Also flushing poisons from the body
Didiatum Common Temperate Wetlands and Swamps L2 Herbalism Root and leaves contain oily sap for insect repellant and waterproofing. If sap is reduced by heating, becomes blue ink. Leaves dried, flattened under cloth, can be twisted to make cords as strong as hemp, and can be woven.
Demona Rare Warm plains and marshlands L2 Herbalism, L2 Philtering Bark can be twisted into rough cord similar to twine. Bark dried in small chunks as incense. Resin doubles effectiveness of Philters.
Doglo Uncommon Any Temperate L1 Herbalism Berries make jams and wines. Drying and boiling out essential oils of fresh leaves makes blue dye
Elentai Uncommon Temperate Plains L2 Herbalism Chew raw or dried root to prevent infect or resist moderate to serious illness.
Emilvirute Uncommong Temperate L2 Herbalism, L2 Poisons Milky juice from stem used to induce vomiting and as poison. Leaves give rashes and blisters. Sap and plant used in numerous ointments and balms. Distilled milk used in many poisons, causing nausea, rashes, and weeping blisters.
Everlight Common Hills and Plains L2 Herbalism Clears clouded eyes or washing injured eyes. Tea infusion from flowers acts as a stimulant to focus mind and aid in meditation.
Fauxsil Uncommon Marshlands and Riverbanks L1 Herbalism Leaves and stalks eaten like lettuce. Used as infusion to help with sleep, with calming effects.
Flametoe Uncommon Temperate Forests L1 Herbalism Dried root can revive fainted people.
Gigar Rare Hills or Plains L1 Herbalism Stems boiled in milk relieve colicky babies. Dried root crushed over meats and stews to add flavor similar to ginger
Halbriar Common Temperate L3 Herbalism Increases fertility. Fresh pollen sprinkled in eyes makes them view others as more attractive. Wood sometimes used in magecrafting items tied to fertility, attractiveness, and lust.
Heldrog Uncommon Temperate Forests and Marshlands L3 Herbalism, L2 Poisons, L1 Philtering When diluted, used in salves or mixed in wine as a sedative. Undiluted used as poison that causes paralysis and stomach damage. Dried leaves and roots are crushed and smoked in waterpipes as a powerful, relaxing drug
Hommos Common Temperate L2 Herbalism Flowers use in tea for stomach pain, or as gargles to sooth sore throats. Soaked in bathes for body pains and aches. Flowers and roots can be boiled to make blue dye or dried for incense. Macerated blossoms and leaves make dark purple oil and burned as lamp oil.
Jile Common Temperate L1 Herbalism, L1 Philtering 5 Berries can be eaten as fast acting poison antidote. When decocted, berries and bark me be turned into salves to soothe skin conditions or as a wound cleanser.
Kiv Rare Any Warm Plains or Desert L2 Herbalism, L1 Perfumery/Philtering Leaves dried out and mixed with the drying resin to create incense. Fresh resin is used as a perfume.
Lidgefar Uncommon Temperate Fields L2 Herbalism Flowers and seeds used in many forms to aid in blood clotting.
Magecrafter's Rose Rare Temperate Mountains L3 Herbalism, L1 Magecrafting 1 Dried petal is used as a reagent in Magecrafting, providing coloring to an item similar to the plants and grants extreme resistance to color fade and blemish. Dried rosebud provides same properties in addition to granting an item a visible, glowing, midnight blue fiery aur that appears under an unfiltered full moon sky. The effect is only visual.
Midwife Miracle Common Any Temperate L2 Herbalism Many forms grant relief from many pregnancy related ailments
Odeasea Rare Any temperate to Subtropical Hills L2 Herbalism Dried roots used in perfumes. Juice made from its flowers. Crushed roots create bleaching dyes.
Rhinedale Uncommon Any Temperate L2 Herbalism Wood is used in small pieces of furniture and other wooden items. Rhinedale ash combined with water makes a paste for soothing blisters and burns.
Salialana Rare Subterranean (Special) L2 Herbalism Found only near large colonies of Zith. Used as an aphrodisiac. When root is powdered, increases fertility a hundred fold.
Tivcore Common Temperate Lowland and Marshlands L2 Herbalism Reeds often used as kindling, thatch, or animal bedding. Seeds can be ground down into ink, reeds boiled into strong paper.
Tolm Common Any Hills and Lower Mountains L1 Herbalism Used in teas and tonics to ease pain, aid sleep, and relax aching muscles.
Vyfox Common Any Temperate Lowlands, Forests, Marshlands L1 Herbalism Natural antiseptic and coagulant. Placed over cuts or applied as a poultice to major wounds. Leaves can be used to make tea to help increase overall healing.
Credits to Kechaiya for the table
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Verena Lorak's Plotnotes

Postby Verena Lorak on March 1st, 2016, 11:29 am

Seasonal Plans - Spring 516 A.V.

Seasonal Challenge

• Eat a something that contains crab, or cook one.
  • Eat or drink something you shouldn’t.
  • Get a tattoo. Instantly regret doing it.
  • Train your body.
  • Experience an orgasm.
  • Spend 50 GM in something you don’t need
  • Spike someone’s drink. (Or get your drink spiked)
  • Promise something, and immediately break said promise thrice.
  • Do something extremely inappropriate and disgusting – in public.
  • Spend a whole day doing nothing.
  • Stare a dear one without breaking the silence.
  • Dance with somebody.

Interesting Dates

14 – A woman is found naked in the Ebb & Flow’s rock labyrinth, having been raped and badly beaten. She is barely conscious, and keeps repeating the same word – “Surrender”. (Job Thread 1. PM if interested)

31 – It is officially the Slave Exchange Day. Slaves change masters and Dynasties for an entire day, in hopes of being taught different skills and different trades to increase their utility. Abuses are foreseen for most of them. Recollection of information about their temporary masters is encouraged.

55 – The wave heat is in full effect now. Establishments are completely full by now, and the streets are only walked by the very brave. It is hard to breathe and many cases of heatstroke spread along the city. The Kenash River loses part of his flow. (Job Thread 2. PM if interested)

62 – Most members of the Dynasties gather in the Pavilléon, in a mandatory gathering to strengthen bonds between the twelve Dynasties. Once the night falls in, an orgy takes place within – exclusively for Dynasty members.

63 – Healers are requested in all Dynasty estates. A bad case of herpes has spread throughout most members. (Job Thread 3. PM if interested)

69 – Most of the workers in tobacco plantations are affected by the toxic nature of the pesticides. Ranging from grave to mild, their condition temporarily paralyzes the work in the fields while healers are hired to treat the wounded. (Job Thread 4. PM if interested)
Verena Lorak
Detached Doctor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes