[Verified by Crosspatch] Giansar

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Giansar

Postby Giansar on August 7th, 2013, 5:43 am

Giansar

Appearance
Race: Ethaefal, a son of Leth; by day, appears a Svefra
Age: Though Gian has been back on Mizahar for only a year, the body he has in Syna’s daylight seems to have died very soon past twenty.
Birthday: Fell back from the sky on Day 1 of Summer in 513, though he remembers only some of the time since.
Birthplace: Fell into the sea outside Zeltiva.
Appearance: During the Leth’s night moonlit night, Gian stands to a height of 6’3” and weighs approximately 170 lbs. His skin has an iridescent moonlit glow to it, a shade too warm to be silver and too cool to be peach, that colour of moonlight that seems to elude description. As with all of his race, his skin has a smooth, almost marble quality to it, like a live version of an antique statue.

When Leth’s hours end, Giansar like his Ethaefal brethren diminishes. He shrinks slightly, losing a hair under two inches—a difference some attest to their own perception, unless they’ve had reason to measure. His skin is a light, even bronze, but without the strength smoothness of the Ethaefal form. Gian’s eyes are, like any Svefra’s, blue and sharp.

”For Once, Then, Something” (by Robert Frost)
Image Others taunt me with having knelt at well-curbs
Always wrong to the light, so never seeing
Deeper down in the well than where the water
Gives me back in a shining surface picture
Me myself in the summer heaven godlike
Looking out of a wreath of fern and cloud puffs.
Once, when trying with chin against a well-curb,
I discerned, as I thought, beyond the picture,
Through the picture, a something white, uncertain,
Something more of the depths—and then I lost it.
Water came to rebuke the too clear water.
One drop fell from a fern, and lo, a ripple
Shook whatever it was lay there at bottom,
Blurred it, blotted it out. What was that whiteness?
Truth? A pebble of quartz? For once, then, something.
Last edited by Giansar on April 24th, 2014, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giansar
Looking Through You

Words: 9165
Joined roleplay: April 8th, 2013, 4:00 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Giansar

Postby Giansar on August 7th, 2013, 5:44 am

Character Concept
Giansar passed much of his life with an odd innocence. His eyes look straight at you, blinking only when he needs to, and his hands wander to touch the strange objectsm like a child’s. He is a divine being, an adult, and one new again to the world, all at once. He seems unable often to grasp correct boundaries, though he was taught some of them. To many the Ethaefal comes off as a bit simple—and perhaps he is. He seems amiable and malleable most of the time, willing to wander through the day pleasantly. His personality is focused by hints of spice in passing; jokes and quirks. Gian doesn’t mind laughing, doesn’t mind a sly comment every now and then, though he still sometimes simply doesn’t get them, missing the point of humor. It’s not that he lacks a sense of fun, it’s simply that jokes are hard to learn for a newborn adult such as himself—especially one with such odd circumstances of life Sarcasm has come better to him than others. Gian’s apparently open nature is not a guise or a trick: it is his true way. He has little to reveal and sees little reason to say it, but neither does he lie (in any situation that he could imagine, or any he has encountered). Much of Gain’s time is spent frustrated, though, for such a mild-mannered fellow, struggling with the world and himself and the discord he sees between the two.
Without warning, this Ethaefal will seem to shift into a different form of being, more changed than his transformations between night and day—seized by a sudden urgency. The drive and passion possesses the son of Leth then and he becomes commanding and focused on his answer, or his thought. It’s sparked most often by a memory. A glimpse of the place whence he fell, a flash of a scene before him that gets mixed up with a scent, a sound, a startled glaze, a scene before him—a moment of his daytime body’s past life—and it he is as if possessed, struggling for the rest of his visions. Other times there seems to be no trigger of flashback, but simply a phrase or…well, something. Something. Something outrageous, wrong, beautiful, shocking, unimaginable, simply wrong—something that he simply couldn’t accept or believe. Something sparks in his eyes then, a shadow, a flicker that some might come to realize isn’t ever gone. Gian is not entirely the amiable wanderer he appears, though Gian himself may not at first have understood that; he still tries to understand the world, and his history—one of which he lacks much memory—and he is not satisfied with less than what he believes should be, and has a quiet thirst for understanding and, after a full understanding. He is still, however, many times quiet and trying to learn of this world.

For all of that, his nature is more often than not sweet and amiable as it seems, though prone to quicksilver drives and passions, a bit like the god Leth whose realm lost him. He is often frustrated, though not outwardly so most of his life. Really, he simply is.

Giansar
Looking Through You

Character sheet

Giansar

Postby Giansar on August 7th, 2013, 5:44 am

Character History

Phase 1 : Lost From Memory
Memory!
-to be written/continued. All necessary summaries in phase three, just waiting for enough time to write it up well.-
Phase 2 : From The Sea

-to be written/continued. All necessary summaries in phase three, just waiting for enough time to write it up well.-

Phase 3 : To The World
I don’t know how many bodies I’ve had. How can I? I fell crying from Leth’s realm to this earth and into a form I’m told I should call mine. Mine it is, then. Mine they are. Mine they will be, mine they have been, mine they were—I still learn the fine points of this language, though it is familiar to this—my—tongue. Are—plural! Plural. I have two forms, you see. One of them seems to dull me when Syna reigns, though I know of no quarrel I have had with Syna. Others tell me it is not a quarrel with Syna but an association with Leth. I wonder. Why should Leth’s lover not wish to help his people, and he hers, if they are truly so bound? I do not understand. That is what people tell me, when I ask such questions: You do not understand, they say. I tell them that they are right, and it is for that reason I must ask questions—but they are not listening any longer.
Leth, you have left me in a world I do not wish much for. I have moments when memories of others seem to take me. Some are before my fall; some, before my ascension. They at least have some purpose to go about. I know I am missing something], and this world is missing much—and that you have much to explain to me. Others of my kind fell. I am not the only one. Leth, I am not bitter, and I am not yet serene. I am bewildered, and I am frustrated—and Leth, and I searching. Something happened. I do not know what life, but you do. Did I fall for a reason? Was it my own clumsiness, or yours, or some bump of the world?

-----------
Gian sat at the rough, wood-hewn table, staring at the sheet in front of him. His eyes glared a sharp, light blue at the paper in concentration as his right hand squeezed a pen in concentration, working—and then a half-mocking smile crossed his face. He passed the pen to his left hand again, where it had been for most of his writing, and shook his head. His body remembered such things, sometimes—but not always. It was as if the right memories here there beneath layers of sand, and the waves kept pushing sand back over every time he cleared the layer. There was something there—and it wasn’t ability. His right hand was clumsy and inarticulate.

A light hand touched Gian’s arm and he turned his head, surprised. A young man, around the age Gian’s body appeared, was standing slightly behind him. Gian studied his face for a moment…the twins were “identical”, but Gian had found (and worked to develop) Auristic abilities in himself. This twin was Deneb, the twin Gian had met first. The more talkative one. Giansar was unsure of the boy’s given name; the family had an odd tradition when it came to names…

Giansar smiled slightly. His own “name” and Deneb’s were both names of stars. Deneb, the loquacious family member, had explained the tradition to Giansar one day.

“See,” he’d said, “We do lots of navigation with the stars. Lots of us also like studying astronomy, when we can.” He had nodded. There were three astronomy books on board the small ship, and his reading lessons had started with basic words in those. “It’s a family…a family tradition, like, to go stargazing, and to look through the telescope when we’re old enough to be out late, and we choose a favorite star in a constellation when we’re little, or a star-word—anyways, we like to use the star words for our names. I’m Den. Deneb is a star on the constellation Cygnus. Maz, my brother? He’s got trouble looking through the telescope because of his bad eyes—but he chose an old word that’s got something to do with constellations. Mazalot.” He had inclined his head again, understanding. That night, the twins had shown him the telescope, and he had chosen his star. Giansar, the old name for a star in an odd serpentine-seeming constellation…he didn’t know why he had chosen it, but he had, and he had needed a name.

The same name brought him back to the present. “Gian, you listening?” Den sounded slightly impatient with him. Gian put down the pen, turning, directing his gaze straight at Deneb. Full attention—polite, he remembered, feeling silly for a moment. “I am sorry, Den,” he said. “I was not remembering.” He saw by his friend’s confused expression that he had failed once again to make sense and frustration flicke red across his face. “I…I was doing something, and I did it wrong, andI couldn’t find the memory,” he tried to explain, and Deneb shrugged in half-understanding.
“’Kay, Gian. I just wanted to say goodbye.” Gian’s face fell for a moment. He had decided to enroll in the university, as he was fully recovered, and the family that had found him and cared for him until he was well was going to go back out to sea, for another long trip. It was a sad parting. Den, Maz, and their family had found the Ethaefal during the day—looking like Svefra—half on a rock at sea one day, unconscious. He had not just fallen from Leth’s realm, curiously. They took him onto their ship and further medical examination revealed that the thin young man had a severe concussion and illness. He transformed at night into an ill, concussed Ethaefal, much to the shock of the already confused crew, who went about the process of helping him. Though close to a port, the family was not yet done with their business, and Giansar was on their ship for much of his recovery. They re-taught him writing, slowly, and he recorded his first conscious memory, in a small cabin with a young human beside him.

He had decided to enroll in the university, though, which was a new start, and he was health. He smiled, stood, and embraced his friend lightly. The family had been very, very kind. They had explained that he’d had a concussion, and that such a thing meant he had lost more memory than just that which all Ethaefal lose; they taught him what they could and got him to health. They even gave him a set of basic supplies and a full 100 Gold Mizas to go out to the world with, claiming that they couldn’t let him leave with nothing—he had tried to understand that, knowing they could, and eventually realized it was an expression of kindness rather than truth.
Back to the present, Gian stood and contemplated, met Den’s eyes. He hugged his friend, blinked, and left the room.
Giansar
Looking Through You

Character sheet

Giansar

Postby Giansar on August 7th, 2013, 5:45 am

Language

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: (none yet)
Poor Language: Fratava

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Auristics 20 (SP) 20/100 Novice
Astronomy 15 (10RB, 5SP) 15/100 Novice
Swimming 5 (SP) 5/100 Novice
Observation 15 (SP) 15/100 Novice
Cryptography 5 (SP) 10/100 Novice

Lores
Lore of Being Svefra With No Pod
Lore of Religion: Leth

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Wood)
-Brush (Wood)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week's worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
100 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: A silvery pendant engraved with interwoven etchings of stars and planets. He was found with it, around his neck, though bent slightly from being tossed about and hit against rocks.

Housing

House: University Living Quarters

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Cash in Housing Package +500 GM 600 GM
Registration Fees -60 GM 540 GM

Thread List

None yet! How sad.
Last edited by Giansar on April 24th, 2014, 8:25 am, edited 7 times in total.
Giansar
Looking Through You

Character sheet

Giansar

Postby Giansar on August 7th, 2013, 5:46 am

Goals
Gnosis Goals (long-term, no worries)
1. Leth, perhaps very early gnosis mark?
2. Eyris (later!)
3. Tanroa (much later!)
4. Ionu (way later, if ever!)
5. Qalaya (later, yet again)
-Please note, these are all only potential/possible/eventual goals. I’m not trying to do too much too soon. The only one I really think I might try for soonish is Leth. Maybe. So, don’t worry!

’Theme’ poem/song
See signature: “For Once, Then, Something” by Robert Frost
Semi-relatable: “I’m Looking Through You” by the Beatles
Also, “Real Life” from tick,tick…BOOM!
Giansar
Looking Through You

Character sheet

Giansar

Postby Giansar on August 9th, 2013, 6:48 pm