[Malla's Scrapbook] Ramblings, More Ramblings, and Cookies!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Malla on August 10th, 2013, 3:19 am

Okay, so, since I've been eyeing the character journals but at the same started thinking 'eh...I don't think that'll work since time is all...wonky' and since I found this forum, I decided to type stuff here. So, first off, for those of you who don't know my PC (which is probably a giant chunk of you), she's a Konti who was born in Endrykas and thusly raised, though she still received some very Konti-like qualities from her mother who made sure she acted a bit Konti (when Malla's father wasn't looking ;) ) and not all Drykas. She's friendly, but not as trusting as she seems, thanks to having been in a slave for 35 years. She also has no intent to tell anyone about her race and is stubbornly trying to hide her Konti and Drykas nature, though the former she'd admit to sooner than the latter.

That's the short bit of how Malla is, at least for now since I'm still rather new here, but...ah, why not introduce you to the person who types her out?

I'll admit I'm random and can be hyper and make horrible typos when I don't double check my spelling (which, thankfully, isn't as noticeable here because I have time to check for spelling errors! :D ), but I like to think I'm friendly to most people so long as they don't do something insanely stupid. My tolerance for that is rather low... I love to write and am working on finishing two novels that I hope to get published, if I ca finish them, that is. One is post-apocalyptic themed and the other based in the world of Faerie. I know, those genres seem popular and done quite a bit, but, well, they're what draws me. I'm also hoping to end up with my master's in child psychology and end up with my own practice. I don't know what it is about the human mind that interests em so much, but there's something there...that and my want to help children going through some things. I'm from the south (well, close to the middle of the north and south, but considered southern) of the US, so I'm prone to saying 'y'all' and not caring too much about cursing. It also takes me forever to come up with titles for things since I don't want it to be generic or boring...but sometimes I get generic anyhow.

Hm...that's about it as far as I can think of... Oh! Right! I also have this tendency to abuse any character I may have, be it in bookwriting to roleplay. I sometimes feel sorry for them...but it's strangely fun to push them to their limits...sometimes diving them into insanity. God thing I don't treat people like I do my characters...that would probably get me arrested. :P

I'm not sure what I'm going to put here, but it'll probably help with my character and getting her all pretty or bruised, I don't know yet. But, I'll end this start tot he thread with a question for anyone who's interested in answering: Do you like to abuse your characters, in whatever form of roleplay or writing, or do you prefer to baby them and keep them nice and safe?
Last edited by Malla on August 10th, 2013, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malla's Konti gift lets her sense if someone has ever kiled anyone; the stronger the sensation she gets from someone, the more recent the kill.
Malla
Kills aren't as easy to hide as you think.

Words: 35232
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2013, 2:27 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on August 10th, 2013, 4:14 am

There is no such thing as a Dryka. Its Drykas. Plural or Singular. You also can't hide being a Konti. They dont look human. They have scales...even on their face.

These are things you need to know.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malla on August 10th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Oh, sorry! That was a misunderstanding on my part then, for the Drykas plural and/or singular bit. As for the scales, had I misread, or rather misinterpreted, the page where it says 'often times'? I took that as meaning not always having scales on their faces, if I misunderstood, again...sorry.
Malla's Konti gift lets her sense if someone has ever kiled anyone; the stronger the sensation she gets from someone, the more recent the kill.
Malla

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on August 10th, 2013, 5:29 pm

Where your Konti has her swirling scales is totally up to you. But my point is that Konti are a known race on Mizahar and there's no way - they look too Konti - that someone would think a Konti is a blonde human. They just wouldn't. They look different.. have webbed fingers and toes, scales, etc.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Malla on August 10th, 2013, 6:27 pm

Ah, alright. And, yea, I'm playing with her having the webbing, of course, but I get your point. :)
Malla

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets