Open Harbouring Konti

[A Konti revisits White Isle Harbour]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Home of the Konti people, this ivory city is built of native konti stone half in and half out of the sea. Its borders touch the Silverwood, and stretch upwards towards Silver Lake, home of the infamous konti vision water. [Lore]

Harbouring Konti

Postby Trelania Proga on August 10th, 2013, 11:03 am

71st day of Summer, 513AV

Trelania woke with the rising sun, just as she had predicted, and proceeded to head to a higher point so that she could watch the world illuminate below her. Even at this hour, the streets were not too quiet - traders were setting up their stalls, ready for a day of work ahead of them.
Trelania turned a corner and came across a series of stacked crates by a wall. She paused for a moment before weighing up her options and inevitably deciding to climb - the rooftops would make a perfect point from which to see the land light up.
Adjusting her pack and cloak slightly, she took a light run forwards and propelled herself onto one of the crates. The second and third crates were stacked atop of eachother, yet fortunately for the little Konti, there was a secure rope net, held in place by the fourth, and final box. Trelania placed her hand upon this rope and gave it a sharp tug - the crate above didn't move, and she whispered thanks to Avalis while she began to climb. Her bare feet rubbed along the corse rope, and she soon pulled herself to the fourth crate. With a little hop, she managed to place her hands atop the crate and hoisted herself onto the top of it. She smiled, happy with her achievement for now, and allowed herself to peer off the edge - a good 16ft to the floor if she fell, she guessed.
"Well... I best not fall..." she muttered to herself in Kotinese. Trelania turned back from the edge, and began to pull her body timidly onto the wall the crates were stacked up against. Slowly but surely she managed to stand on the wall, which was roughly two feet wide - She knew if a gust of wind came it would not end well for her, but she pressed on anyway, intending to reach the walls end where she could now see an alcove, that would let her get onto the roof. She moved as quickly as she dared to, her hands out to her side for balance and her eyes set on her target. She reached it, and with a final burst of effort she found herself on a rooftop, looking out over the harbour. She smiled at the sight and sat down in the middle of the roof. It was here that Trelania pulled open her pack, and quietly broke her fast on preserved fish and day old bread. It wasn't the greatest meal she had ever had, but she was happy to have it none the less - afterall, she had just worked up an appetite.

The sun danced across the sea, and slowly but surely began to illuminate the land... And the ladder just a few feet from her body...

Last edited by Trelania Proga on August 11th, 2013, 12:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Trelania Proga
"I see what comes for you."

Words: 7211
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 10:30 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet

A day in the harbour.

Postby Trelania Proga on August 11th, 2013, 12:08 pm

71st of Summer 513AV

Having finished her breakfast, Trelania sought to move on from where she sat. Having neatly packed away her items into her bag, she began to stand up and survey the area - She knew her knowledge of Mura's geography and her uncanny nack of not getting lost on the island were no mere co-incidence. Trelania had spent decades studying the lay of the land, and this morning was no different for her than any other. Once she was certain she had regained her barings, she hoisted her bag over her shoulders once more and began to move towards the crates she had climbed up earlier.
It was easier this time, she was more confident going across the wall, and gravity always helps when trying to descend from a location. A few moments later, and she had her feet on solid ground again. A passing human looked a little surprised at the strange apparence of the Konti, but she gave him a polite smile and moved onwards, into the heart of the harbour.
It didn't take Trelania long to find what she was looking for - an impromtu stall set up by traders from one of the ships. With a smile on her face, she calmly slipped towards the woman running the store...
"Excuse me." she said politely - it was not often she had to speak the common tongue, and her Kontinese accent often made communication difficult... However, this was Mura, so she was sure the trader would let it slide...
"I noticed you have a good canvas here, and some strong rope. Is it for sale?"
She put on her best smile, and hoped for a good outcome. The trader eyed up the little Konti with some suspicion - before picking up both the rope and the canvas and presenting it to her.
"For you, Konti, I do good deal. One gold and three silver. I do better deal too. Throw in this Suvai. Traded for it on mainland. Give you for free."
The trader smiled a toothy grin, and watched as Trelania ran her left hand over the 9 square yards of canvas, and turned the fine Suvai over in her right.
Perhaps... she thought, This much rope may be too much... but... it seems good quality and I may need this much one day... And I did misplace my last Suvai...
Finally she came to a decision.
"I'll take all of it, thankyou."
Her hand slipped down to her belt, and her dainty webbed fingers slipped into the money pouch that sat there - she withdrew from it two gold Mizas, and calmly handed them over to the storekeep, who gladly accepted the currency and handed over 97 silver mirzas in exchange. Trelania placed two back into the traders palm and slipped the other 95 back into her belt pouch, before pushing the Suvai into her beltline and scooping up the canvas and rope. She scurried off into a nearby seating area and took a seat.
Once she had tied the rope to part of her backpack in a neat loop, Trelania carefully unfolded the canvas infront of her and began to cut a series of neat circles along the edge of the canvas, roughly a yard apart, with her Suvai. Each circle was roughly as wide as the rope she had bought, and was a good three inches in from the edge of the canvas. Once satisfied with her mild craftswomanship, she placed the Suvai back into her belt, and began to use her bone crochet hook to neaten up the circles so that the material wouldn't frey and break when the rope was run through it. Once she was certain her work would suffice for cover should it rain heavily, Trelania folded the canvas over into as small a square as she could, and spent quite some time trying to re-organise all the items she had to fit into her backpack...

Trelania Proga
"I see what comes for you."

Words: 7211
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2013, 10:30 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet