Closed [Bronze Woods] Strangers In The Woods

Carvezia and Sei train in the bronze woods

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[Bronze Woods] Strangers In The Woods

Postby Carvezia on August 10th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Day 5 of Summer, 513AV

The sun shines bright leaving the Bronze Woods feeling warm but not too hot. It is a great day for any sort of outdoor activity whether it be fishing, hunting, carpentry or just taking a walk, this summer day would be the best timeto do it this year. The wild life has a bright green color and very healthy without a single brown leaf or dead patch of grass present.

Carvezia stands under the shadow of a large tree at the entrance of the Bronze Woods as she waits for her aquantince, Sei to arrive. The two had met the previous night at the Rearing Stallion and had made arrangements to train together in the woods. Carvezia hardly remembers they're meeting due to the amount of alcohol she had consumed. If she wasn't so drunk she probably would have turned down the offer given by the young kelvic, but that was not the case. Even though she wasn't very sure about meeting someone she hardly knew in the woods, Carvezia had given the man her word and planned to keep it.

As the young woman stood by the lively trees she observed the few Sylirian people walk by. It had been a while since she has been so alone in Syliras, Carvezia had been so used to the crowded streets and packed taverns for so long that the young woman forgot what it was like in the open wilderness. Carvezia wishes she could enjoy this peaceful moment to the fullest but the hangover that she has had since the morning was preventing that. She had a throbbing headache, she felt slightly nasuated and still a little drunk but Carvezia is no stranger to alcohol or hangovers and is still prepared to start her training. Of course the only thing really worrying her is the nervous feeling in her gut. She always has this feeling when meeting someone new which is probably why she drink so much the previous night.
Last edited by Carvezia on August 11th, 2013, 7:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Carvezia
Player

Words: 12897
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2013, 10:10 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 10th, 2013, 8:40 pm

ImageSei ran down the path, running with all possible speed. It was faster when he was in Kelvic form, but he didn't want to frighten anyone. Sei had good stamina, and was keeping an even pace. As he ran down the pace Sei took quick glances at his surroundings. It's not like he was going to remember them, but Sei still continued to view them. As he rushed eastward he tripped, faceplanted, and groaned. "Shyke.." He muttered. Sei got up and looked around and began to walk away as if nothing happened. She shifted his backpack to his left shoulder, and saw a figure up ahead.

Sei had convinced a kid to teach him some skills, and had in returned offered to teach her how to track. His new acquaintance, Carvezia, had been at the Rearing Stallion, and had been half drunk-which she didn't admit-which made her easier to persuade. Sei had tempted her with learning how to track, and eventually found success. Sei could see the woman now. "Yo!" He called. "Are you ready?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Words: 228595
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2013, 7:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Carvezia on August 10th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Carvezia saw a young a man sprinting down the road from afar. Though with out knowledge that this was the person she had been patiently waiting for, Carvezia stood and watched the animalistic behavier displayed by the hunter and cracked a wide smile when he tripped and fell to the ground. Carvezia wasn't one to bully or laugh at others clumsiness but she couldn't help but find humor in what she saw.

The man greeted her with a slang that was unfamilier to Carvezia, but she knew it wasn't an odd expression at all in the common toungue. The girl hesitated for a second before raising her hand and yelling umm... hello! Yes I am ready! in her thick siber accént. She began to move closer to the kelvic as she started to lower her voice"I did not bring any supplies though, did you?" she finishes.
Carvezia
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 10th, 2013, 9:37 pm

ImageSei groaned. "Yeah. I brought everything necessary to teach you how to track." He said. Sei looked at the girl. She looked healthy. Sei hadn't got much information from the woman, except for were to meet and what to learn. Sei looked at the surrounding area. Not to bad. Trees with Bronze and Gold leaves stood tall, and could be used as cover. Plump, round bushes were a great hiding place, and a good source of camouflage. Thick grass to nullify the sound of footsteps. And to top it off, there was no one else here.

Sei looked at the woman and smiled. "You chose a nice area to train. After this, we might as well spar a bit to test what we learned." Sei suggested, after his evaluation. Sei put down his backpack and rumaged through it. Rattling could be heard from the inside, and eventually Sei pulled out a rhythm rattle. "I'll teach you how to track before you teach me." He said, taking out a piece of cloth as well, and standing up. "But before we start training, I want you to know your senses play a key part in tracking. As such, I'm going to hone your senses first." Sei explained. "Understand?"
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Carvezia on August 10th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Carvezia, was shocked that this calm, collective being was the same one sprinting down the road, yet she figured it is just the way of kelvic people. Even though she has heard of them before, and has even seen them, Carvezia was not too familier with they're culture or soceity. The man seemed polite enough to her though, but she felt embarresed considering she doesn't even remember his name.

Once the kelvic mentioned sparring Carvezia's eyes had slightly widened and her eyebrows raised. She did not expect to be fighting, but only learning how to track prey. Even the idea of learning todo that seemed a little odd to her."What have I done?" she thought to her self while trying to remember the events of the alcohol-fueled night she had experienced. Carvezia knew she could get a little bit irrational while drinking but now she is stuck with the decision she had made.

Once Sei pulled out the rhythm rattle and cloth, Carvezia just simply became puzzled but was confident that he knew what he was doing. She had rarely seen an odd teaching technique become utter failure and payed close attention to the kelvic. After being told what the first exercise was about Carvezia responded"Tell me what I need to" in an attentive tone. She then took a deep breath as she listened to what he had to say.
Carvezia
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 10th, 2013, 10:46 pm

Sei had never spared with a female, but to him it didn't make a difference. "First I'm going to test your hearing, as well as your sense of touch. First off, you'll be blindfolded, so your hearing is very important. Focus is needed as well, otherwise, you'll end up lost. You can't remove the blindfold until this part of the exercise is complete." Sei said, walking behind Carvezia and tying the blindfold over her eyes. Sei shook the rattle, letting the sound fill the air. "The first thing when tracking: Always memorize the sound of the target. Listen to the sound you make, and recognize the difference between the targets'." Sei explained, rattling the Rattle through the explanation. "Recognize the distinction between my voice and the rattle. Hear it thourgh your ears, and remember it by heart." Sei said. "The objective is simple. Retrieve the rattle using your senses. I will be in human form to make it easier. Clear?" Sei asked.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Carvezia on August 10th, 2013, 11:13 pm

Carvezia is overall confused and fearful as she is being blind folded by a complete stranger, for she didn't know who he was or if he had any bad intentions. Being alone in the woods blind folded made her an easy target and she knew that. Though seeing as this was something she agreed to, Carvezia listened closely to the two distinct sounds as he spoke. She kept completely silent and focused, the only sounds she could hear were Seis' voice and the rhythm rattles; not the trees, not the wind and not even her own heart beat.

Carvezia was a little confused by what he meant when saying "human form" and though she wanted to ask, the girl could not break her own focus right now. It was as if she was in a trance driven by her own ambition and motivation with her only response to his question being "I understand" as she quickly yet recklessly grabbed for the rattling noise. Being rather simple for her to sense the motion of the noise after a few chimes of observation, considering she could almost see the ripples of the sounds flowing through her mind
Carvezia
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 11th, 2013, 5:52 pm

ImageObviously the kid had understood, because as soon as she was ready, she lunged for the bell. Sei sidestepped, and slid behind Carvezia, shaking the bell closer to her ear from behind. If she listened and stayed focused, she should know my location. He thought. After shaking the rattle, Sei muffled the sound and stepped back. "Where am I?" Sei taunted, switching the rattle to his left hand, and grabbed his back pack with his right. Sei took out as second rhythm rattle, and dropped his backpack in a bush.

"Let's make this more fun." Sei said cheerfully, as he shook both rattles at once.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Carvezia on August 11th, 2013, 6:22 pm

Carvezia was the least bit suprised that her first attempt to grab the rattle failed but at the same time she didn't anticipate the mans quick move behind her either. Actually Carvezia never even expected to be blindfolded in the woods as she chased rhythm rattles.

After the rattling in her ear Carvezia instantly turned around being as careful as possible not to trip over any tree roots or other obsticles around. She didn't quite know where he was but her gut told her that he was close. She slowly walked forward with her hands raised to the height of her chest to catch her self if she trips.

As soon as she heard the kelvic's voice Carvezia quickly took a large step for him with her arms out wide but not with the intentions to catch the rattles, but the man himself. She knew that he was holding the rhythem rattles, it was common sense otherwise they wouldn't be rattling and making noise.
Carvezia
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sei Tendo on August 11th, 2013, 8:58 pm

ImageSei squatted, and went for Carvezia legs, knowing her balance was weak due to the fact she was blindfolded. Sei shook the rattles in different directions, muffling one of them, and took a step back. "Your pretty fast kid. Oh wait we're the same age. You told me a lot while you were drunk Carvezia." Sei joked, moving swiftly behind her. "Boo! He exclaimed in her ear. Sei shook the rattles like a madman, dancing around Carvezia happily. Sei rollled a rattle on the ground, and ran off, just as it touched Carvezia's foot. "Good luck finding me!" He called back.
Sei Tendo
Rending White Tiger

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next