Homeward Bound (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

Homeward Bound (Closed)

Postby Sama'el Sunsinger on September 9th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Sam was quick to rise, never having completely let his guard down since they set foot on the plains of his youth. He was so relieved to see the Storm Watch of the Diamond Clan that he nearly wept, but he wanted to be a man and a member of the horseclans again, so he had to prove his mettle, even though Zulrav had done his darnedest to knock that out of him. There was no move toward his weapons, though the scimitar and short bow were close at hand, his hunting knife slung in its sheath on his belt.

All he did was loosen the leather cuff on his left wrist to reveal his single, lonely windmark, the memory of dead Hasieran that he could never quite forget.

"Hail, warriors," he said, voice full of excitement and hope. "I am an orphan coming home. These are my companions, one bound for Riverfall, and the other to stay with me if he wishes." He assumed they would assume that the Akalak was the one bound for his hometown.

"The storm blew us off course, most likely claimed a couple of our companions, but we sheltered here after defending ourselves from a couple of glassbeaks. The mare..." He glanced at the golden Strider. "I think she came for me. At least, she herded one of our companion's horses back to us. Will you show us the way to Endrykas? I fear I do not recall the way after ten years..."

Truth be told, he thought he felt tugs within himself that might have been the web reacting to his return, and more powerful over the night since he had met the mare, but he couldn't be sure.
Sama'el Sunsinger
Not all those that wander are lost.

Words: 718167
Joined roleplay: March 15th, 2010, 6:26 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Homeward Bound (Closed)

Postby Aiken on September 9th, 2010, 10:46 pm

Aiken hardly moved from his little corner of the cave. He was fine to sit where he was, a little more pale than usual, eating a little more than normal. If he dared move much more, it would only send bolts of pain shooting through his back. Not that he could move much anyway, after loosing all the blood he did.

This wolf-man was tired, too tired to even muster a territorial growl as the warriors approached them and brandished their weapons. All he could bring to his face was a deadly look in his eye, a look that said he would still attack if he needed to. The pups just continued to roll around, hardly aware of the commotion at the front of the cave.
Aiken
Player

Words: 33294
Joined roleplay: June 4th, 2010, 3:48 am
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Homeward Bound (Closed)

Postby Tundris on September 10th, 2010, 2:06 am

A silence held them all in a tight grip as the air around them stiffened. Leather yvases and buckles groaned and creaked against the Storm Watch’s taut stance. Eyes as sharp as an eagles pierced through the faces of the weakened comrades, their bodies and spirits clearly worn away by the storm.

The leader, who wielded a bow and arrow, softened his grip after hearing the entirety of this young man’s story. The evidence was clear to see. Their distress, their missing comrades, the bloodshed. They had truly been through a lot - Drykas or not.

Upon setting eyes on the windmark the Storm Watch leader furrowed his brow and widened his eyes, unfounded curiosity lacing his stare as he leaned in close to the man to his left and whispered something (inaudible to Sama’el) into his ear. He looked back and gripped the yvas handle, raising his arm into a grassland sign that told his team to lower their defense. A second more complex sign drove a Drykas clothed in white off his horse and to the side of injured Aiken. Ignoring any growls of protective intimidation from the kelvic, the Opal Healer placed his hands over Aiken’s bandaged back. In a short time his wound were healed, skin being guided by djed to activate and grow back together.

“Sama’el of the Sapphire Clan” the Drykas thumped his chest with the side of his fist, “Welcome Home.”
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Homeward Bound (Closed)

Postby Tundris on September 10th, 2010, 2:23 am

Sama'el
+4 Leadership
+2 Wilderness Survival
+2 Weapon: Scimitar
+1 Medicine
+1 Riding
+1 Singing

Lores:
Paranoia of Akalak Warriors
Leading a Party Through The Sea of Grass
Seeking Cover From A Cyphrus Storm
Behaviour of Animals in Fear of a Storm
Akalak Cowardice
Battling Frightened Glassbeaks
Bonding with A Storm Strider (incomplete - leads to another thread)
Remaining Calm During Interrogation

Aiken
+3 Observation
+2 Intimidation
+2 Unarmed Combat
+1 Wilderness Survival

Lores:
Paranoia of Akalak Warriors
Fearing The Worst
Retreating to the Comfort of a Bonded One
Akalak Cowardice: Aren
Battling Frightened Glassbeaks
Becoming A Father

Aren
+2 Intimidation
+1 Observation
+1 Wilderness Survival

Lores:
Akalak Cowardice: Aren

Notes: I had fun doing this quest, although there was some lack of creativity and participation from a Wystern and Aren.
Wystern: If you think you are going to be away and unable to rp, at least you communicate with a short pm. We could have incorporated your absence in the thread without badly injuring your player character.
Aren: because you also chose not to communicate your absense I had to move the thread along to be fair to the other people in the thread. I didn't injure your character, although I definitely could have with Aren paralysed in mizahar space in time. You simply did not do enough in this thread to warrant more xp.

Otherwise, Welcome to Endrykas Sama'el and Aiken!
Tundris
Mother Drykas

Words: 59440
Joined roleplay: December 13th, 2009, 10:30 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Previous