Completed [Wildlands] We meet again... (Shiyami)

On the way to Sunberth, Kouri and her group meets with Shiyami and Kimi. Would it go awry like their previous meeting? We shall see...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

[Wildlands] We meet again... (Shiyami)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on August 24th, 2013, 2:32 pm

Fubuki Kouri

"Ha... ha..." Kouri inhaled and exhaled unneeded breaths after her outburst. She giggled sinisterly, knowing that Shiyami couldn't do petch to prevent this. He was too weak, too insignificant, yet he dared to say he would rather just 'watch', instead of expanding his power and be actually useful in this world, not just taking up spaces by his useless presence, ignorance is the same as evil itself.

"Yes... it is, it's everyone's solemn duty to kill evil... You kill evil people! Not good people! Is that hard to get through the thick layer of dung covering your brain, big bro?" Kouri's voice was now less raging and more like annoyed, she had unleashed her rage on two ghosts, her primal urge satisfied. She merely scoffed and spat at the ground at Shiyami's attempt to seemingly intimidate her by changing form "What? Gonna scare me with that black poo-like form of yours? Ha! TRY ME!"

It was until Shiyami mentioned his demon of a father that Kouri's reptilian gaze faltered. She seemed to suddenly lost all malevolence and turn to a bumbling little girl "W-what? Y-your father? N-no... no... that can't be... parents loved their children! They do! You're lying!" She lived a good life with a loving family, the notion of an abusive parent never crossed her mind. Odd seeing that the ghost with so many blood of humans and animals on her hands didn't know about this harsh truth.

"Mistress, it is done..."

"...." Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, Kouri turned her head to find Kriemhild standing beside Kimi's resting form, a black portal to the Other Side just below the ghost, ready to transport her into the Void.

"Mistress, shall I do it?" Kriemhild offered, speaking emotionlessly, her palms were smeared with soulmist and ready to collect what was left of Kimi's soulmist and dump her there.

"K..kriem..." Kouri hesitated.

"What are you doing, Sis? Do it already! Come on! Come on!" The little sister urged.

"What can I do then? When I can barely fend for myself. When I keep getting ripped apart? Shiyami's serious words seemed to contain desperation in it, frustrated at the fact that he felt powerless, maybe... just maybe it was the source for his apathy.

"I....... Rena... go with Kriemhild... I'll talk to big bro for a bit..."

"He? You're not going to dump that girl?"

"......No" She crouched down and hugged her adoptive little sister. "Listen to me okay, Rena? I will always... always love you... so you don't need to worry..."

Rena's glowing violet eyes dimmed down and she slowly hugged Kouri back, calmed down at the notion that her sister would always be with her "Um... Okay, Sis..."

"Kriem, close the portal and... take Rena to your tent" Kouri commanded, her voice sad and concerned, a tinge of regret and guilt coated it. Shiyami was right, Kimi didn't do anything wrong, she was a victim of Kouri's rage.

"Understood, Mistress" The Nuit didn't question the sudden change of heart and merely do as she was told, she willed her djed to close the hand-sized portal and took Rena's hand, taking the little sister back to her tent. Shiyami was now left alone with Kouri, Kimi being utterly incapacitated for the moment.

"So... Big Bro... what can you do? You need to be stronger... I was weak once and I didn't let it be, you see now? I can act... people takes me seriously, I'm not just a little girl spouting nonsense..." Kouri gave him an answer, answer on why he was so powerless, unable to act, and the solution to that problem.

"What about you? I sense that you're... kind of afraid to use your power? Is this connected to your father... please, tell me more about him... what happened to you?" Her voice suddenly sound mature, with the innocent tone of a little girl. She was curious and flabbergasted, if what Shiyami said was true, then her view on the undying love of parents may be shattered completely.

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Shiyami on August 26th, 2013, 1:11 pm

With the closing of the void portal, Shiyami gave a sigh of relief. He was considering diving into the portal, if that Nuit had actually picked Kimi up, and tossed her into the Void. Though what he was suppose to do to get both of them out of the Void, he had absolutely no idea. As he watched Rena and Kriemhild walk -floated, in Rena's case- back to the tent, Shiyami's attention was brought back to the girl. With his minuscule amount of soulmist that was intact, he -barely- held a smoky humanoid form. That was all he could accomplish, as he tried to get a semblance of normality on his soulmist. Listening carefully to what the girl said, about becoming stronger, Shiyami nodded. Hearing that the girl wanted to understand what happened, he pondered for a bit, before sighing. "You would be the second person that I would speak to about...my father.", Shiyami said, as he floated over slightly, before taking hold of the small cloud of soulmist that was Kimi. Carrying her over to the stump that he was originally sitting, he sat down, hugging Kimi as how a child would hold their favorite toy. No, more like how a parent would hold a child. 

"Four hundred years ago, I lived in Syliras, as a human. My father, was rather abusive. He picked on everyone, myself included. However, one day, he went too far. He started killing everyone in the household. Mother, family. Everyone. No one had the power to stop him. My eye...", here, Shiyami opened his left eye, the scarlet glow seemed darker than usual. "...was from his knife. No one was left alive. Of course, he was executed, but that doesn't bring back the dead now, doesn't it?", he laughed quietly, in a sad tone. "...didn't even get my chance to murder him myself...", he muttered softly. 

"As a ghost, I had chanced upon another father, who was abusing his child. I went to go kill the father...but I killed him along with everyone else. That moment, I had to wonder. Was I exactly the same as my father? In afraid that, if I use my power, I would be exactly like my father. I want to be stronger, but I don't want to be like him.". Shiyami sighed as he finished his story. The cloud of soulmist that was being held in his arms prodded him very softly, causing him to look down, before giving a small smile. "Although, I have to thank Kimi for sticking around with me. I adopted her as a daughter, so that I can give her what I couldn't get...", he added, his voice dying out near the end of the sentence. Moving his gaze back up, both his eyes opened, he looked at the girl. "You, are very fortunate, that you had parents who loved you."
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on August 27th, 2013, 10:11 am

Fubuki Kouri

"...." Kouri sat down beside the other ghost, on the grassy ground. She hugged her knees, somewhat remorseful for lashing out like that at Shiyami. Thinking about it, he didn't do anything wrong, his attitude just annoyed her... and that annoyance grew into rage. Kouri became rather afraid of herself... she realized that her human self could never do that... what in the world she had become? She put her chin on top of her knees and just listened to Shiyami's dark history.

"That... shouldn't be possible... no..." She whispered, still in disbelief that a parent like Shiyami's father existed. They couldn't have... the older ghost must be lying, he was just messing with her... to get back at her for harming him... right? Oh how Kouri wished it to be so, but it was not the case. Shiyami's expression was far too serious and sad for that. She cringed when Shiyami opened his left eye, she had saw it before, but Kouri was in a rage. Seeing it now and knowing about the history made her actually fearful of the Scarlet Eye.

"At least... your father paid for what he had done..." She hoped her statement could ease the older ghost. He was four hundred years old... Kouri scratched her head and wondered sometimes, an thousands year old ancient spirit and hundreds year old ghost were weaker than her, the twelve year old little girl wondered if Morwen blessed her with a powerful soul and that she had incredible magical talents... only never got the chance to utilize it... until death claimed her.

When Shiyami told her of his crimes. Kouri turned her head abruptly, a shocked expression on her face. This older boy before her was a criminal! He had killed innocents before. "Eeeh..." Kouri's hair began to billow up and down, the air seemed to crackle. Stay calm... stay calm... he... he's afraid to use his power because... of that... he... is trying to redeem himself... Surprisingly, the demonic little devil in her head didn't decide to interfere this time. Maybe because it was satisfied already.

"I... I see..." Her aura calmed down and she forced a smile. "N-no... big bro, you can be stronger without being evil... you just need to kill evil people, see? Use that power to vanquish evil!" She balled her fist and made a playful jab at Shiyami, trying to kill down her murderous urge, it seemed to be working quite well. Then he mentioned Kimi, Kouri couldn't help but felt tears welling up in her crimson eyes, she had hurt the girl who was so kind to accompany him... didn't that make her the evil one?

"You, are very fortunate, that you had parents who loved you."

Those words, it struck deep. Really deep. For the fact that it was very much true and the fact that Shiyami used the word "had"... had... that meant she didn't have them anymore. "Ah.. y-yes... t-that's true... a-and... y-yes... th-they.. are not here... they... are not here... They are not ehre! THEY ARE NOT HERE ANYMORE!" She suddenly shouted at the top of her lungs, bloody tears flowing freely from her face. "AAAAAARGH!!" She wailed and blinked to a tree, venting her frustation by focusing her soulmist on the tip of her fingers and violently scratched away at it. Her energy causing bark to fly everywhere and the poor tree had very deep scratches on it.

"Why? Why?! Why does Mama and Papa had to die?! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?!!"

She dropped down to her knees in front of the wounded tree. Materializing herself and crashed her forehead with it, freezing and killing the tree. Blood tears freely flowing from her crimson eyes.

"Why... why did they have to die?" She directed the question to no one in particular, her mind was at a lost.

Rena and Kriemhild of course heard the wail and the little sister couldn't help but floated back to find her sister in a mournful state "Sis..."

"...." Kriemhild just stood there and watched the scene, this was nothing new to her.

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on August 27th, 2013, 9:05 pm

Shiyami sighed again, as he finished his story. He had to give a small smile though, when the girl gave him a playful jab. That, and he felt relieved, when the girl didn't lash out with her soulmist once again, when he told her of his bloodied past. however, when he mentioned about the girl's parents, she seemed to have a breakdown of the sorts. Perhaps I should not have brought up the past..., Shiyami thought to himself, the thoughts tinged with regret. Watching her lash out at the tree, and start tearing apart the poor plant, before finally killing it by materialization, he felt overwhelming pity.

"Why... why did they have to die?". Shiyami looked up at the sky when the girl asked that question, seemingly at herself. "Why does the sun rise and fall? Why do the living exist? Many questions left unanswered. Some...no, many don't want the answer.", he muttered softly, more as reassurance than aa real answer. Looking down with a curious expression, when the cloud of soulmist prodded him. She prodded twice quickly, before a third prod after a short wait. Kimi repeated this pattern four times, before Shiyami sighed. "I guess I could give it a shot.", he said with a small smile. Slowly standing up, he floated over to the girl. He held his hands out, with the cloud of soulmist that was Kimi. she hopped from his hands, and onto the crying girl's shoulder. As a cloud of soulmist, she couldn't do much, but at the very least, she could stroke the girl's cheek, in a way to attempt to comfort the girl.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on August 30th, 2013, 10:33 am

Fubuki Kouri

"K-kimi?" Kouri shifted to a standing position and picked up the soulmist cloud, holding her in front of her chest like a little girl who held her doll. She gazed at what's left of Shiyami's companion, bloody tears still flowing, albeit slowly. She hugged the girl tight and muttered "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." over and over like a broken record.

"Sis...?" Rena approached her older sister, who was now having the soulmist cloud that was Kimi on her shoulder. The little sister also felt guilt, she was the one who urged Kouri to hurt this other girl even though Kimi didn't do anything wrong.

"R-rena..." Kouri looked up and saw the worried look on her little sister's face, she gave a nervous giggle, trying to ease Rena up "Ahaha... i-it's okay, Rena... I was j-just... a-a bit upset.. that's all... s-sometimes... I w-wish t-they are still h-here... you know?" Of course by "they", Kouri meant her beloved parents.

Rena gently smiled and nodded, though her violet eyes were still sad "It's okay, Sis... I understand, I feel like that too sometimes... but we got each other now and Kriemhild too, right? So it's fine~" She then approached closer and rubbed Kimi's cloud with her right hand "Sis... you know, I'm sorry... this girl here didn't do anything wrong..."

"I know, and I'm going to make up for it..." Kouri's eyes suddenly turned firm and determined, filling Rena with relief and curiosity at the same time. What was her older sister going to do? Kouri hugged Kimi tight to her chest and whispered "I will give you some of my soulmist... please take them... it's the least I could do to make it up to you..." With that statement, Kouri focused the soulmist on her own chest, shredding it apart by emitting tiny saw-like tendrils that cut at her chest.

"Ku.. ah... aaaah! Ah... ahah!" She moaned in pain, holding back her screams, some of her powerful soulmist went flying from her body, it would be more than enough to restore Kimi completely. The white mists were now ready for to be consumed.

"S-sis..." Rena couldn't help but feel extremely worried, she had never seen her older sister purposefully hurt herself before, but she knew Kouri could handle it. After all, her older sister was strong and powerful, she could handle everything.
Last edited by Fubuki Kouri on September 5th, 2013, 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on September 1st, 2013, 4:08 am

Shiyami watched the interactions between the ghostly sisters, with a sad look. They were killed at such a young age. They probably had bright futures as well. Fate can be so cruel sometimes now, isn't he?, he thought to himself gloomily. As he watched however, his dark and depressing thoughts were thrown out the window, as the girl ripped apart part of her own soulmist, for Kimi. The soulmist cloud seemed to turn to Shiyami, almost as if asking for permission. "It would be rude of you not to accept her gift with gratitude.", he had said, which were quickly followed by a sigh. Kimi, eating the soulmist, regained her original form, hugged the girl while gently whispering, "Thank you Lyco.", before going over to Shiyami's side.

However, Kimi suddenly had something similar to 'I just got the greatest idea!' type of expression on her face, causing Shiyami to give a worried glance in her direction. Kimi turned around, and beckoned Shiyami to lower his head, allowing her to share her idea. Hearing her idea, Shiyami's expression quickly went from curious to surprised. He was about to point out the flaws in her plan, but was stopped when Kimi gave him the wide eyed gaze that only children could possibly make. Seeing that look, Shiyami put his hand to his head while sighing, muttering "I spoil you too much." quietly. Putting his hand to his side, Shiyami looked at the ghostly sisters. "Well...if you want to...I could adopt you as I did with Kimi.", he said, the proposed plan that Kimi had. Speaking of which, the origin of this idea was hiding behind Shiyami, peeking out around slightly.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Fubuki Kouri on September 5th, 2013, 7:28 am

Fubuki Kouri

"Ha...hahaha~ I'm so sorry..." Kouri's voice was ragged and gasping, she was obviously trying to suppress the pain from shredding her own soulmist, but the sight of Kimi returning to her original form was enough for her to - somewhat - disregard the throbbing pain on her chest. "Lyco? Ehehe... no, my name is Kouri, Fubuki Kouri Snowsong, I'm sorry I lied to you before..." Between her short gasps of pain, she confessed her true name. Lycoris is just the name of her mother's favorite flower.

As Kimi returned to Shiyami's side, Rena immediately floated to and hugged her older sister, staying by her side. Kriemhild, being the stoic Nuit she was, just observed in silence at the back.

The sisters were touched at Shiyami's offer, he was willing to adopt them. Kouri gently smiled, she wanted to accept the offer, she really did, however... she couldn't just accept yet, she didn't deem Shiyami worthy enough to be her parent, parent-wise and personality-wise, Kouri viewed that the ghost still had much to learn. Rena would just follow anything her sister decide.

"Ehehehe~ I appreciate the offer, Big bro... but uhmm..." She didn't want to flat out say 'you're too weak for me...', she composed her words for a moment before inhaling and hopefully tried to not offend the older ghost "Well, Big bro... me, Rena, and Krimehild still have much things to do... ehehe, so... I don't think I can accept yet. Besides, a parent should be stro-..." She then remembered her parents, on how strong their daughter had become, far far stronger than Sora and Taka could do. Kouri dropped her head, her face suddenly went very sad, she didn't want to talk about parentage anymore.

"I'm... I'm tired... Big bro, I'm going to sleep... You and Kimi can join us if you'd like..." With that, Kouri led Rena to a spot beside Kriemhild's tent, they lay down on the ground for a good night sleep.

"...." Kriemhild followed her Mistress and went back to her tent, continuing her lethargic "sleep".

Misunderstandings were one of the main causes for unnecessary conflict. Hopefully, the ghost girl learnt that important lesson...

OOCAlright, this should be my final post for the thread, Shi. :) You can post your final reply and post it for grading, or you can just PM me directly and I'll post it for grading! :D

Thank you for threading with me, I do hope we would meet again!

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shiyami on September 5th, 2013, 1:32 pm

Shiyami raised an eyebrow when he heard Fubuki decline his offer. Hearing her reasoning behind doing so, Shiyami laughed slightly. "There is no need for you to worry about insulting me. Of course a parent should be stronger, no?", he asked, without a single bit of bitterness in his words. Hearing that the girls were going to rest, he nodded. It was a given, since Kouri did just rip shreds out of herself, which he had personal experience on how painful it is, and the need to sleep afterwards. Watching as those two walked off, he looked over at Kimi. Seeing the look on her faze, Shiyami sighed, before nudging her back. "Go on. Don't be shy, just go ahead if you want.", he said with a small smile. Kimi, nodding in confirmation, ran over to where the ghost sisters were, before lying down beside Kouri, and falling asleep. Turning around, and walking over to the edge of the clearing, Shiyami sighed, extremely exhausted. "Little one, you shouldn't keep pushing yourself. Don't fight by yourself. Ah, who am I to say these things.", he talked quietly, giving a sad smile. Looking up at the sky, he closed his eyes. "The light and the darkness is suppose to have a define line, yet the line is blurring. The gears of time are started to move, haven't they?", the question asked to no one in particular. He then made a promise to himself, thinking To keep others from fighting, I have to fight in their place. That means I need to be stronger. with a strong resolve. Looking back at the camp, he whispered, "Sleep well, ice flower."
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Perplexity on October 7th, 2013, 10:36 pm

Riddled with Rewards!

Fubuki Kouri
Materialization +1 XP

Lores :
  • Materialization: Drawing Soulmist From Plant-Life
  • Meeting Shiyami and Kimi In The Wildlands
  • Shiyami’s Attitude…Annoying
  • Moments of Misunderstanding

Shiyami
Materialization +1 XP

Lores :
  • Fubuki Kouri And The Gang, Meeting Them In The Wildlands
  • Fubuki’s Play Toy…Again
  • Frustration In The Face of Powerlessness

Notes :
Interesting. Not much experience to be given here because it was mostly social interaction and philosophical in nature.

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous