Closed [The Bronze Wood] Handy Little Helper

A curious little helper goes in search of a ghost...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

[The Bronze Wood] Handy Little Helper

Postby Perplexity on August 27th, 2013, 4:40 pm

65th of Summer, 513 AV
12th Bell

After much commotion, a rumpled dress, a displaced ribbon and much dodging of stomping feet...

It was a curious thing to have not master. It was a curious thing to be curious. Such fanciful thoughts or rudimentary quandries were supposed to be lost on a construct such as the one standing at the edge of the Bronze Woods. Few thoughts passed through it's magically constructed head. There were few thoughts it was given leave to think about which in itself posed a curious question.

Was it really thinking or was it simply giving the appearance of thought? Regardless the little automaton known as "Lily 0-2" was carrying out the final instruction it had been given by its master. The trek to the edge of the woods had been quite an adventure already. The animated doll had been picked up by a little girl who had been utterly infatuated with the fact that it could move on its own. The girls mother had slapped the doll out of her hand sending Lily 0-2 sprawling to the ground.

Heedless to the flabbergasted looks that it was being given the doll was utterly intent on finding the one being whom it now belonged to.

"I am leaving, Lily 0-2. You are to find the ghost, Mistress Kouri of the Roses. Henceforth she is whom you are to assist for the duration of your existence." Lily had logged the instruction into her memory as the words were enforced with the magic already instilled in her body.

So, after nearly being stepped on by a Knight, tossed about by a little girl, having becoming intimately familiar with the inside of a dog's mouth and hitching a ride on the coattails of a merchant there the automaton stood gazing without expression at the dense trees.

The doll had no concept of fear nor a grasp on the enormity of how difficult it would be for a tiny construct such as itself to meander through the woods. It soon wouldn't have to worry about such complicated matter however. Not a moment before the doll could take a step into the foliage a raven spotted the doll. The shiny red ribbon on its ruined dress drawing the bird like a moth to a flame. Quick, as only a raven can be, the bird swooped down with its feet extended and snatched the doll up as if it were an ear of corn of equivalently small vegetable ripe for the picking.

Utterly disoriented by its suddenly oddly angled world the doll flailed about slightly making an audible squeak of surprise.

It would seem that more perilous adventures would ensue.
Last edited by Perplexity on September 2nd, 2013, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on August 29th, 2013, 5:42 am

Fubuki Kouri

"Hm hm hm~♪" The little ghost girl was doing that - possibly - no other little girls could ever experience, flying, on her own. She was twirling and spinning through the air over the Bronze Woods, giggling and humming all the while. She planned to take Rena and Kriemhild for a walk in the forest later in the afternoon, but for now, she wanted to enjoy some alone time.

Storm had just finished its wrath over the Cobalt Mountains, and the trees below was still drenched, some of them falling due to the raging thunders. Today, Syna was shining in her full glory, and the ghost girl enjoyed just that, it may seem to be just another "fly" through the park like usual... until something caught her eyes, something red-colored, and covered in feathers. "Nyo?" Letting out a curious voice, she turned her head to the right to find... a big black bird - a raven- with something on its talons. Something humanoid, was it a Pycon? Kouri flew closer to examine the bird and her eyes widened in surprise. L-lily?! She recognized the figure being carried, it was one of Sir Coud's living doll, the one she nicknamed "Lily". What was she doing there? Was she kidnapped by this bad bird? I must save her!

Acting quick, Kouri bend her back like a bow and two black tendrils brimming with thick soulmist aura launched from her back, it flew through the air through the air.

*TWACK!*

One of them punched the bird straight on its head, utterly staggering it and causing it to flail, dropping the doll. Kouri then commanded her other tendril to immediately grab Lily and pulled the doll close to her. The raven fell down before it managed to recover itself and flew away in shock and fear.

Kouri focused the soulmist on her palms and held Lily like how a little girl would hold her doll "L-lily? What are you doing here? Where's Sir Coud?" Kouri noticed the ruined dress, concern filled her face, her child-like mind viewed the doll as a sentient living person. If clay people were considered people? Why not her as well, right? "Oh my... your dress is ruined... we need to get you to Sir Coud! He might be worried!"

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Perplexity on September 17th, 2013, 12:12 am

Now this was a predicament. There the doll known as Lily 0-2 was minding her own business meandering about the landscape. It...or rather she had been set on carrying out the instructions of her master utterly intent on finding Mistress Fubuki Kouri and suddenly she was plucked from the ground like an ordinary snack much like a worm exposed to the hungry beaks of a chicken in a barnyard.

Not that Lily had any idea what a barnyard was. No, she simply frowned up at the offensive bird that had plucked her up from the ground. It was a very disorienting experience. What with impeding upon her duties and all. That simply would not do. So the little doll did the only thing she could do.

She flailed.

And flailed.

And flailed some more. To no avail mind you. Being a rather flimsy doll in the talons of a rather stubborn raven. Such determined birds were they.

"Hey! You're must let me go! I must find Mistress Kouri!" The little doll squeaked in her high pitched voice. For all its well...animalness the raven merely squawked. So there Lily was. Captured by a nefarious raven that would likely sully her dress, mess up her ribbon and worst of all make Lily tardy in attending to her duties!

All of that changed in an instant. There was a loud squawk, an abrupt caw that was cut short and before Lily 0-2 had time to realize what happened she was tumbling toward the ground.

"How inconvenient." She thought. Such was the simple mentality of a helper construct. Just as suddenly she wasn't tumbling toward the ground. There she was. Suspended in mid-air. The little doll looked around. Then looked up. The she looked down only to be faced with the very individual person..well...ghost she had been looking for.

"Mistress Kouri!" Lily 0-2 clapped her hands together with a high pitched squeak. She held out her arms as if to give the ghost a hug completely oblivious to the fact that the deceased Vantha girl should have been intangible.

"L-lily? What are you doing here? Where's Sir Coud?"

An excellent question. Lily had no idea. She was merely following her new directive. That directive was simple. Assist Mistress Kouri in whatever manner she asked. For the moment that would mean explaining the aforementioned directive.

"Oh my... your dress is ruined... we need to get you to Sir Coud! He might be worried!" The little doll shook her head and waved her arms.

"Oh no Mistress! I am doing as the Master commands. Master Von Voltaire instructed me to find you. He gave me specific instructions that I am to aid you until told by him to do otherwise. He has left you see. To where?" The little doll offered a shrug. She had not been given such information. She had not seen a reason to ask. Her existence was to serve in the manner her master saw fit and he saw fit to tell her to serve Mistress Fubuki Kouri. So that is what the doll was content with doing.

"So, now I have found you. Now I may carry out my directive." The little doll stood up in the palms of Kouri's materialized hands and dusted off her ruined dress. She attempted to straighten her ribbon then did a polite curtsey.

"How may I help you, Mistress?"

OOCI think that will suffice, Ms. Kouri. Make your final post and I shall wrap it up with your grade and rewards.

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on September 17th, 2013, 3:51 pm

OOCAlright! This is a short but wonderful thread, P! Thanks for your time! :D

"He... left?" The disbelief coating her voice was visible as a black bear on white snowy ground. Kouri shook her head, she couldn't believe it, why would Sir Coud left? Without telling her no less? Moreover, he abandoned Lily. Hatred began growing inside Kouri's ethereal heart, the notion of Coud leaving Lily was like a parent who abandoned their child, Kouri knew first-hand what it felt like to have one's parents suddenly disappeared from one's life. Her child-like mind couldn't let her comprehend that Coud may be leaving Lily as his gift for her, he may also be seeing the doll as mere objects, a false life fabricated by magic.

"Mistress..." Kouri smiled at the doll though her large Vantha eyes were as sad as they could be. She hugged Lily tight to her chest and lovingly rubbed her hair "It's okay, you are going to be alright... I won't leave you. Not like Sir Coud, not like Master Cyrus." Speaking of him, even though Kouri snuffed out any notion of hoping the man could come back to her, she still couldn't forget about him completely. Cyrus had been the first person who showed her paternal affection ever since she died. He was everything to her, she was willing to put her unlife on the line for him... yet, he disappeared just like that, just like Sir Coud.

The ghost girl gently flew down to the ground, carrying the doll with her. "Your dir-... eh... what?" She tilted her head, she couldn't understand what the doll was saying. That strange word in Common was beyond her Common vocabulary. "Let's just stay with me, I'll get you new clothes. I have some dolls in my apartment! You can have their clothes, ehehe~ Also, I want you to meet Rena and Kriemhild~" They would be so surprised, well Rena at the least. Kriem would just likely nod stoically like always.

Boxcode made by Savio

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Perplexity on September 18th, 2013, 12:26 am

Riddled With Rewards
Example

Lores
Lore Earned
Wandering In Search of Playtime
Sir Coud Von Voltaire, Gone?
Lily 0-2 Friend and Companion

Notes :
You are now in possession of a Lily 0-2 Doll! She is an animated construct designed to be as helpful as she can in any ways she can. She is polite, has a squeaky voice and most of all...she has a big red bow!

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)