Closed A Chance Encounter (Vanari)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

A Chance Encounter (Vanari)

Postby Anald on September 2nd, 2013, 7:45 am

The Eleventh day of Fall, 513 AV

Anald woken up early with all intentions of going fishing but by the time he had gotten up and ready he realized that he was done with that idea. No he decided that it was a day for a nice stroll, maybe chat some people up. In general his new plan was to just follow his feet and see where they would lead him.

Outside fall was beginning, or at least on shore it was. Looking up at the sky he noted that it would be another beautiful day, but then fall had always been his favorite time of year. Nothing could bring him down being this close to his birthday. He walked through the narrow walkway with a smile on his face nodding and greeting most people in his general area as he walked. As he went along his way passing several shops he pondered about whether he needed to do any shopping while he was out but then decided against it.

The town was now wide awake and full of the excitement of the hustle and bustle of the townsfolk all going about their routines. As he continued walking about Anald mostly people watched thinking to himself making up little stories of what this person was doing and why that person was in such a hurry. A silly game but it kept the wheels in his mind turning.

Sometime later he noticed that he was beginning to feel a bit hungry. Lazily he made his way toward the docks where he knew there was a tavern where he could get a bite to eat and perhaps a drink. He was in no hurry though, because he had never cared for going to eateries by himself. He quickly devised a plan to remedy that problem. He decided that he would 'accidently' bump into an unsuspecting stranger and apologize for being a big clumsy oaf.

He walked along keeping an eye open for someone who he would like to bump into. After a few minutes he saw her and walked toward her. As he neared Anald acted as though he was distracted by something and did not see her therefore bumping into the young woman. Acting as though he had meant to bump into the woman he turned his head toward her to apologize. "Oh my so sorry about that, I did not see you there." He then held out his hand to help steady her if she needed it. "Please allow me to make it up to you. Perhaps you would like to join me for a meal and drink, my treat of course." He stood and waited for a response with a genuine smile.
Anald
Player

Words: 3835
Joined roleplay: August 29th, 2013, 11:17 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vanari on September 2nd, 2013, 6:21 pm

Fall, Day 11, 513AV

Oh gods, what happened last night?

She woke groggily in a giant, feather-soft bed, her bare limbs covered beneath satin sheets and expensive furs. Vanari rubbed her eyes and drank in her surroundings, racking her brains for an answer to her own, unsettling question. She had been exhausted, that much she remembered. It was dark and all the buildings looked the same, with few signs or other indications of their functions. Somehow, after much guesswork and desperation, she ended up in a...oh, Morwen, now she remembered.

Ah, that's right, the Vantha mentally sighed. I managed to find my way into a brothel, and then paid for a full night's service.

Looking down, she realized the spot beside her was empty. Ely must have left early in the morning; of course, she would have, what with having other customers and all. Somehow, that fact bothered Vanari more than she cared to admit. The girl had been kind to her, albeit shockingly forward as well, and the Vantha frowned at the thought of her having other people to serve. What if one of them was unkind? Or revolting? Or unkind and revolting?

She shook her head. It wasn't her place to judge or worry. After all, Ely was happy doing what she did, so it must mean she could take care of herself. In fact, she was probably better at doing so than Vanari, who was realizing more and more how crazy her situation had become.

"Alright," she finally mustered, encouraging herself out loud. "Time to get up, get dressed, and figure out what the petch I'm going to do with myself."

She shoved the gaudy covers off and swung her legs over the edge of the bed, then gingerly tip toed barefoot across the cool, marble floor. There was a full length mirror beside the enormous armoire, and Vanari balked at her reflection. She hadn't actually seen herself for the last forty days, and was surprised at what a single, luxurious bath had been able to reverse. Before, she had been covered head to toe in dust, grime, and general chaos. Now, she was a woman proper again, her olive skin a stark contrast against the white shift, her hair finally free of knots.

Vanari opened the armoire and took her pick of clothing, as the courtesan had instructed earlier. All the ensembles were excessively ornate, but she figured it would be best to stand out as little as possible. The dress she chose was on the more practical side, but still lovely, with black embroidery at the hems and dusty, plum skirts. She hoped it would allow her to poke about the city without drawing too much attention, reminding herself of her true purpose.

She quickly combed her hair and washed her face before emerging from the chambers, looking around nervously at passing courtesans and their clients. Hurrying down the black and white halls and then the grand stairwell, she wondered if anyone would bother stopping her. As if reading her thoughts, the bartender--Jacobs, she remembered--approached her as soon her foot hit the bottom of the last stair. "My lady, I trust everything was to your satisfaction. You will return to grace us once again with your presence, I hope?"

"Um," the Vantha hesitated, then blurted before she could think straight, "Certainly..."

Jacobs smiled jovially, then bowed while leading her to the door. He bid her good day, then closed it gently, leaving her to figure out the confusing streets of Ravok by herself. Huffing, she picked a random direction and marched, trying her best not to trip on her skirts.

Half a bell or so later, she found herself back at the docks. The noise and activity must have drawn her, as well as the gurgling of her own stomach. Well, now she was here, and had no petching idea where a respectable tavern would be. She eyed the fish being sold out on the streets and grimaced. Not a snowball's chance. Her distraction, however, broke abruptly as a burly passerby nearly knocked her over.

When she looked up--way, way up--she found herself meeting the gaze of a very tall, very built young man, with waves of blond hair hanging loose at his shoulders and blue, green eyes that reminded her of the tropical seas. "Oh my so sorry about that, I did not see you there," he apologized, holding out his hand as though to help her. She took it instinctively, still wobbly from being so out of practice with skirts. "Please allow me to make it up to you. Perhaps you would like to join me for a meal and drink, my treat of course."

Vanari stared at him with a mix of relief and suspicion, not trusting a single inch of this city due to its reputation. His smile seemed genuine though, as was the rumbling of her stomach.

"I would like that," she answered after brief hesitation, returning his smile. "I'm...new to this city, and constantly find myself lost." This was as good an introduction to Ravok as any, she decided, and took his arm gladly as they made their way through the busy streets.

OOC :
sorry for the super long post x_x
Last edited by Vanari on November 16th, 2013, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A lonely heart is better than a bored one.

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Words: 372424
Joined roleplay: July 29th, 2013, 12:20 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Anald on September 5th, 2013, 7:10 am

Upon the young ladies positive recpition of Anald's slight white lie he was nearly beside himself. As a boy he had never been good as lying or deceiving people in any way. In fact he had been all but sure that his plan would have ended in falure, him standing in humiliation. Though it seemed that either his god or luck was on his side this day.

He took note of just how well groomed she was, it almost seemed as though it could not be true, because long journey would surely not allow for such treatment. But he would not say anything where it was not needed. When she took his arm he lead the way thinking to himself how well his plan worked. "New to Ravok, this is truely a treat for me then." He slowly led the way, knowing that it was likly that his natural stride would be far to fast for her.

They neared the tavern and he said, "I am Anald by the way. Ravok, to one not accustomed could be a place very odd I would think. So it's good we ran into each other." When they got to the door he held it open so that she could walk through. It was a typical tavern, though perhaps a bit worse than some being that they were in the dock section of town. All the normal sounds and smells that are known to be kin to taverns were present. There were odd smells and certin types of deals going on in the background, but being as early in the day asd it was is was fairly calm.

They neared a table and Anald pulled a chair out for the young woman saying, "There you are. Now what would you like?" When she answered he would signal the barmaid.
Anald
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vanari on September 5th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Anald, as he had called himself, was a perfect gentleman all the way to their seats, even going so far as to pull out her chair and inquire what she would like to order first. Vanari was pleasantly surprised, and a little more awkward than she cared to admit.

"Oh, um, thank you," she blurted, unused to such treatment. Once she was seated, she smoothed her skirts--more out of anxiety than anything else--and tried her best to carefully select her next words. "My name is Vanari, and I'm glad as well--honestly, I don't know what I would have done otherwise, besides wander around in endless circles. Yes, this city is very odd indeed..."

A sudden memory of the previous night popped unbidden into her mind, and her eyes flashed an intense shade of violet. The Vantha tried desperately to keep her cool and hoped against all hope that she wasn't blushing furiously. This was so awkward. Why was she making this so awkward?

She sighed. Well, for one, the gods damned dress was absolutely mutinous. It took almost every ounce of her attention and effort to not trip over the delicate fabric, which seemed to be rather fond of sticking to itself and or her still-weary feet. For another, she had become frightfully uncivilized during her journey to Ravok and couldn't remember the last time she had sat down for a meal instead of wolfing down whatever scraps she had on hand. It certainly didn't help that her new dining partner was handsome to the point of distraction, with his sunlit hair, ocean-like eyes, and well-built stature. Every person she had seen before entering the city had been just as dusty and bedraggled as she was, if not more so, and she realized her eyes had been as hungry as her stomach.

Then, there was the issue of Ely. Morwen knows Vanari had tried her best not to think of what had transpired the night before. She was, after all, out and about in broad, public daylight, and was distracted enough as it was. But the memories crept deviously back to her consciousness whenever possible, and she held them at bay with iron will. Even without the details, though, a whiff of faded pleasure still lingered in the air, and she ignored it with furious determination.

"I think I'll have some juice or cider, if they are available," the Vantha suddenly replied, plowing past her own awkwardness. It was a tried and true method--feeling awkward and socially inept? Petch it. Just move on.

"And I'm dying for some smoked bacon and anything that isn't a soup." She smiled and folded her hands in her lap, willing her stomach to stop its ridiculous protests.

" "

" "

" "

" "

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Anald on September 7th, 2013, 5:02 am

Anald Seated himself and responded to her thanking him saying, "Of course, manners cost nothing." He smiled and listened to the outsiders perspective of the only town he had ever known. "I do imagine the canal ways and such could be tricky, but you get used to it after some time." The young man could not help but get the feeling that Vanari embarrassed about something or nervous. He thought to himself and hoped that it was not due to his being forward and asking her to share a meal.

He listened to Vanari's request for juice or cider and responded with a slight chuckle, "I would imagine they had better have one of the two otherwise this place would make for a poor eatery." Then she asked for smoked bacon and anything but soup. Upon hearing the word bacon as if on cue his stomach began to grumble and he said, "Alright sounds good."

Anald had chosen this establishment for a reason, it was a Nitrozian ran business . Being that He was a born Nitrozian Anald tried to shop only at his families shops when he could. It may be a small thing to most but he prided himself on his loyalty to his kin.

He waved over one of the workers so that he could place an order. The man made his way over and said, "Hello Anald how are you doing today and what can I get for you two?" Anald replied saying that they would each have a cider and two breakfast plates with smoked bacon. Then he responded to the other part of the mans question saying, "I'm quite well this day thank you." The waiter left and returned fairly quickly with the two cups of cider.

As they waited for their food Anald figured that he should make some small talk so he asked, "So what brings you to Ravok? Business or pleasure?" He listened to what she had to say and took a swig of his cider.
Anald
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Vanari on September 7th, 2013, 8:20 pm

"A little bit of both," Vanari admitted after a downing half of her cup of cider. She was about to wipe her chin with her sleeve, but caught herself just in time and went for a napkin instead. Gods, that was a close one. Adapting back to civilization was going to take longer than she thought.

"It's...a bit complicated, but I have some important, personal business, and I figured I might as well explore the city as well while I'm here. Tell me...have you ever heard of the Inverted theater troupe?"

Vanari wasn't entirely sure it was a good idea to be tossing around such information so freely, but Anald seemed earnest and trustworthy. Besides, how else was she going to find any leads?

Just then, the waiter--who seemed to personally know her dining partner--returned with two steaming plates if orgasmic goodness. As soon as the food was placed before her, she thanked the man profusely, grinned fiendishly at Anald, and dug into her meal with great gusto. As she sank her teeth into a greasy, hot slice of bacon, she groaned in uninhibited pleasure. Now this was heaven.

" "

" "

"Your Speech"
"My Speech"
"Vani"
Vanari
Vantha Vagrant

Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Abstract on December 19th, 2013, 12:46 pm

Grade Awarded!

Vanari

Skills

~ Observation - 2
~ Socialization - 1

Lores

~ Adapting to Civilization is Complicated
~ Anald: Handsome Visitor to Ravok

Other

+ 1 black, embroidered dress

Notes

Anald, if you ever return, PM me and we can sort things out :)

Otherwise, not too much to give... but Vanari is as hilarious as ever!

Abstract
In a roundabout way... everything is me

Words: 382975
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2013, 4:06 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (2)