Closed [Frostpoint Lighthouse] Dancing tempest (Sidian)

The amazing power of static electricity

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

[Frostpoint Lighthouse] Dancing tempest (Sidian)

Postby Zisien on September 10th, 2013, 6:46 am

xx
Timestamp: 53rd of Autumn, 513AV

The sun quickly made its descent past the horizon. Leaving in its wake a build up of fluffy white clouds that were known as cumulonimbus clouds. It was a bit warmer than usual that day so the quickly ascending warm moist air was only fueling the clouds further.

The clouds started out over the sea and were quickly approaching the everwinter city, growing as they went. Looking out across the Northern waste it would seem like an ominous spirit was ascending and swallowing everything in its path. Or at least that's what Zisien liked to think of it as with her sometimes over active imagination.

Zisien was making her way to Frostpoint Lighthouse, one of her favourite spots to have an aspiring view of the sea and just a place to cool her head. The silver hair kelvic was only half way there and already could see the fluffy clouds. The lighthouse itself was starting to flash a healthy green color to signal that a storm was brewing.

The storm didn't look like it was going to cause too much trouble for the people of Avanthal, except maybe the Coolwaters. What little of the sea that haven't begun to frozen over was beginning to get choppy and a slight strong wind was picking up.

"Going have to be extra careful crossing that cursive bridge to the lighthouse." Zisien cursed under her breath. She has remember one too many times of slipping on the icy bridge and falling on her butt in return. The kelvic secretly wished it was wide enough for her to walk across it in her polar bear form, and it wouldn't be so hard.

By the time Zisien reached the bridge, crossed it and to the top of the lighthouse, the clouds found their way over Avanthal and seemed to be waiting there. The polar bear figured she would have the lighthouse to herself for a few bells only to come find out there was already another there.

x
Vani | Common | Bear
Zisien
Apprentice Icewatch Guard

Words: 38523
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2013, 5:52 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sidian on September 10th, 2013, 9:16 pm

Sidian was starting to question whether coming here was a good idea, based off a guess that ice does not provide a particularly effective ground and the fact that the skies were beginning to grow more and more tumultuous. The static electricity in the air was almost palpable - his hair was going to look positively ridiculous. However, it was worth it. He had read about this crystal in the library and ever since had been dying to come out and give it a thorough analysis. Even though magecrafting was far outside his area of study, he doubted he would get another chance to examine such a unique specimen.

The crystal flashed green. Sidian wrote in his journal in even, measured lines, "Fascinating. Somehow it is aware of the state of the environment around it. Does it have some sort of sensing device? Perhaps something to do with the environment's Djed patterns? I can only begin to even make wild guesses. I regret I no longer have the Zeltivan library to reference - I'm sure there must be something on the subject within its many tomes.

Snapping his journal shut and looking up and across the slate-gray waves, he noticed the clouds were beginning to close in. Perhaps it would be best to find somewhere a little less... exposed. Crossing that blasted bridge in a full-on storm is borderline suicidal. Sidian started slowly backing away from the crystal, keeping his eyes on it just in case it switched again. Disappointingly, it continued to emit a vibrant green light. Resigned to return to the Warrens, Sidian turned around and came face to face with something he didn't see every day: a woman.

Her most striking feature was her silver hair. After that was dark skin and an athletic body - probably a result of living in a place that practically required physical exertion on a daily basis. She was wearing conisderably less than he would consider to be enough to keep warm in a place like Avanthal. Just seeing that made him pull his robe tighter. Perhaps a Vantha with Morwen's gnosis?

"Ah, uh, hello. Here to, ah, enjoy the storm? Personally, I would recommend turning back around. I believe it's about to get rather wet up here. And perhaps very dangerous." Sidan glanced over his shoulder at the rapidly incoming storm.
Common | Nader-canoch | Internal Dialog
Sidian
Looking for Equilibrium

Words: 9012
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2013, 12:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Zisien on September 10th, 2013, 11:35 pm

xx
There was a man already on top of the lighthouse. His dark black hair was starting to become a frizzy mess from the building static in the air. Zisien haven't seen this man before and the thought of a new person in Avanthal had her giddy. The everwinter city of Avanthal hardly got vistors. Many couldn't deal with the snow, cold and desolation. She couldn't wait to ask him a bunch of questions but the kelvic's train of thought was interrupted by the man speaking to her.

"Ah, uh, hello. Here to, ah, enjoy the storm? Personally, I would recommend turning back around. I believe it's about to get rather wet up here. And perhaps very dangerous." the foreigner stated as he turned around to look at the oncoming storm.

With the man having his head turned around, Zisien couldn't help but notice his hair was a positively mess of frizz everywhere. The polar bear burst out in laughter.
"I'm.. Sorry.." Zisien could barely speak past her laughter."Your.. Hair!!"

Zisien knew it was rude to be laughing at the state of his hair, especially since she didn't know the man. Tears in her eyes, she finally got control of her laughter.
"Sorry about that, meant no harm. But to answer your question. Yes I'm here for the storm."

Strangely enough, Zisien loved this kind of weather, because it was rare. Usually when there are clouds in the sky it meant a snow, hail, a blizzard or all three. From experience she knew there wouldn't be anything wet falling from the sky tonight. The kelvic began to slowly lift her hands into the air, raising them above her head.

To the unknown man, it was probably a random act from a crazy girl since only moments before she was laughing at his expense, now with a serious look on her face. Cracking and fizzing sounds were the product of her raising her hands into the air. Small electrical currents could be seen jumping from her fingers as she brought them closer together.

Zisien brought her hands down quickly and poked the man on the cheek, sending a small shock to them both.
"Hiya, I'm Zisien.

xx
Vani | Common | Bear
Zisien
Apprentice Icewatch Guard

Words: 38523
Joined roleplay: August 28th, 2013, 5:52 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets