The Malazan Book of the Fallen

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

The Malazan Book of the Fallen

Postby Ayla on August 28th, 2009, 10:13 am

So, this part of the forums was looking a little sparse.

Books! I like to read them! Especially series with many books, or books of a similar nature by the same author. Tom Clancy, Tracy Hickman and Margret Weis, Mercedes Lackey, JK Rowling, Orson Scott Card. Tons of stuff! But you know who I'm reading right now? Steven Erikson. He's written this pretty snazzy 10-installment(#10 isnt done yet though) epic called The Malazan Book of the Dead.

What? You've never heard of it? For shame! It is truthfully, the finest piece of fantasy I've ever read. Dark, epic, sad, funny, inspiring, depressing. Its been awhile since I cried while reading a book. I have during this series. Multiple times.

For those that havent read it and might be interested, I will throw out this caveat. The first book, Gardens of the Moon, is the most difficult to read. It was his first book, and it assumes you know alot about the world already. Give it 300 pages and you wont be able to put it down, and you'll already have ordered the next 3.

For those that have read the series, or are in the process like me, I'm on Reaper's Gale. While it isnt my favorite so far, thats a tie between Memories of Ice and Deadhouse Gates, it is still equally awesome.

Want to know more? Want to discuss whether Apsalar or Kalam would win in a fight(Kalam)? Who is the funniest character(Iskarl Pust)?
Ayla
Acquitor

Words: 9223
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2009, 4:07 am
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Charoda
Character sheet