Completed [Palsa Hydrasa] New Vessel, Old Mind (Mirage)

Kriem, you look different.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An undead citadel created before the cataclysm, Sahova is devoted to all kinds of magical research. The living may visit the island, if they are willing to obey its rules. [Lore]

[Palsa Hydrasa] New Vessel, Old Mind (Mirage)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on September 14th, 2013, 4:54 am

Palsa Hydrasa, 18th of Bell, 51st of Fall 513 A.V

The Palsa Hydrasa, where Nuits in Sahova requested new vessels to replace their old, broken one. The beautiful Alahean decorations encompassed the whole structure, every doorknob, light orb holders, windows, ceilings, they were all pretty and elegant.

But it all still didn't impress the floating ghost, in normal circumstances, Kouri would be gawking and flying here and there to examine them up close. Currently, she was in a major emotional breakdown, just a few bells ago, she faced her first ever Master spiritist, Mistress Wanda trounced her in less than a tick; slapping hard realizations into the ghost girl, it all accumulated with Wanda punishing her by dusting Rena, Kouri's beloved little sister. Streaming with tears, the little girl finally got her eyes opened to all of her mistakes and wrongdoings, how flawed her views of the world were, and how irresponsible she was regarding her powers.

As punishment, Wanda confiscated Rena away from her until Kouri left Sahova, it killed the ghost girl's cheerfulness by a great deal, she promised Rena to take her around Kriem's hometown, now she was forced to break that promise. She also broke her word about always protecting Rena. It became obvious that Kouri would never be the same. Kouri was quiet, really quiet, as she held her maid's hand. Kriemhild didn't mind though, the stoic Nuit seemed to never mind anything.

"Mistress, we are almost there..." Kriem looked to Kouri, who answered with a silent small nod. Her Mistress' eyes looked empty, she didn't even seem to notice the unique massive pool that occupied most of the Palsa's floor.

Arriving at the front of Amaryllis' office, Kriemhild politely entered, bringing Kouri with her. "Mistress Amaryllis, my name is Kriemhild, may I request a new body?" She got down straight to business, while her mistress became as timid as her Vantha-self, hiding behind Kriem's body and only slightly peeking her head.

Boxcode made by Savio

"common" | "vani" | thoughts

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Words: 784291
Joined roleplay: March 31st, 2013, 1:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Mirage on September 15th, 2013, 3:09 am

Colorful was one way to describe Amaryllis, for her long sweeping gown of peacock feathers shimmered and flashed in the light of her office. The nuit herself turned from some pile of papers upon her desk, eyes looking with obvious disinterest at the pair that had approached her unannounced. She surveyed them for a moment, and then turned back to the papers, "Kriemhild? I did not expect to ever see you grace these halls again. Weren't you cast aside by your master? What buisness have you here?"

Seeming to find what she was looking for Amaryllis turned fully around, looking down at the nuit maid with a bored expression. She was certainly something different about this woman, something more... alive. Her skin seemed to have a healthy glow to it, and there were only very faint signs of dark circles under her eyes, as if she had simply missed a night of sleep. Long auburn hair fell over her shoulder in loose girls, feathers tied into the strands with obvious care. Her composure was queenly, full of confidence and authority, and the way she folded her arms beneath her breasts asserted some form of womanly prowess not often seen in nuits. She looked comfortable in her skin, or the skin she wore at least, and her eyes showed a sharp mind to match the scathing tongue, "And why have you brought a spirit with you? Surely Mistress Wanda did not let you pass so easily into my realm. But then, she does not have the respect she should for my art." A rather nasty expression crossed her face, as if she were smelling very unpleasant as she thought of the body she herself had picked out for Wanda and how she abused it.

The expression lasted only a second, even less, before the mask was in place once more and she leveled a measured gaze at them both,
"But still the question remains, why are you here, and what makes you believe I would offer you one of Sahova's few bodies to a slave returned to her cage?"
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Words: 1231300
Joined roleplay: January 5th, 2012, 8:47 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)

Postby Fubuki Kouri on September 15th, 2013, 1:31 pm

So... she is Amaryllis? Kouri had been told by her maid that the head of this "Palsa" place was called "Amaryllis". She kept observing the situation, through her spot behind Kriem's body. She found out another thing about Nuits, that they were awfully slow in responding to each other when conversing. It was clear that they both knew each other, Kriemhild kept her emotionless expression, Kouri was getting worried, didn't Wanda say that she needed to change body soon or she would die?

"Mistress Amaryllis..." After five ticks of staring, Kriem slowly approached the former-Eypharian Nuit, her Chaktawe-like black eyes keeping its apathetic stare, though in Kriem's mind, she knew her situation was dire or at least, it would be if she didn't get a replacement body soon. "A lot of things happened, yes, my previous master sold me to Ravokian slavers." Even when explaining about those kind of events, Kriem was as calm as ever "They were in the middle of transporting us, when they pass the Kabrin Road, that's where my Mistress and her comrades ambushed them... killing the slavers. Mistress offered me to become her maid, I accepted." She kept her explanation clear and short, Amaryllis would not be interested in her history anyway.

"U-uhm... We are here to request a change of bo-..." Something unexpected happened, Kriem was actually making a polite gesture for Kouri to stay silent and let her handled it. It was previously unheard of the Nuit maid. Maybe it was because they were at her hometown, the place where she spent years in, that made Kriem bold enough to take the lead, not that Kouri mind, she knew this island best.

"We're here to request a new body for me, Mistress Amaryllis. Mistress Wanda gave permission for Mistress Kouri to wander the island as long as she promised t-..." Now it was Kouri's turn to hush the maid, Kriem was honest, too honest if fact. The concept of lying or keeping sensitive information hidden didn't seem to exist inside her old mind "to... behave." There, Amaryllis didn't need to know about Rena.

Amaryllis' next question brought a pause to the ghost girl, didn't Kriem's fellow Nuit would care about her? Ama's attitude towards Kriem struck another blow to the ghostly little girl's mind. She didn't thought beneath Sahova's beautiful architecture and calm atmosphere, it was not so different compared to Sunberth, they didn't care for each other. Save for a select few like Wanda... then again, she only cared about ghosts, Wanda hurt Kriem's without a moment's hesitation. If Kouri wasn't in her broken state, she would confront Ama about it, saying that she should care about her kin more, but she just frowned and stayed her ethereal tongue.

"Mistress Kouri wants me to continue serving her, Mistress Amaryllis. I cannot do so with this broken body of mine..." Not good enough, Kouri stepped forward in front of Kriem and gave Ama a rather pleading look. She had lost her parents, Master Cyrus, and (temporarily) Rena, she would not lose Kriemhild.

"M-madame Amaryllis, please give Kriem a new body... Mistress Wanda said to tell you that she sent us, please... I'm the one who caused Mistress Wanda to hurt Kriem s-so... if there's anything I can do to compensate, please tell me..." By Morwen, she hoped that the Nuit was not inhuman enough to forget the concept of desire.

Boxcode made by Savio

Important Note: I'm not accepting new threads unless I promised you beforehand, I'm sorry for any inconveniences caused.
Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on September 16th, 2013, 3:59 am

Amaryllis tilted her head back slightly to look down her nose at the two who came pleading before her. For a time her face was expressionless, a mask she wore often. Her eyes fell fully on the ghost girl, when she finally spoke, "You would do anything to compensate me for the troubles you are putting me through? Anything at all?" She smiled slowly, "Kriemhild has taught you nothing of Sahova I see. Power here resides in knowledge and in words. You should have allowed your maid to do the talking, because now you have given me all the cards."

Unfolding her arms the nuit moved with the graceful motions of a dancer to stand before the nuit maid. Waving a hand she said simply, "Remove your clothing., and when the cloth fell away, as she knew it would, she leaned down to examine the wounds inflicted. Clucking her tongue Amaryllis traced one long nail over the rotting skin and marred flesh, her eyes racking up and down in a quick examination, "As I told you countless times before, call me Amaryllis. I do not care for formal titles, and 'Mistress' makes me sound old." She grabbed a lock of the other nuit's hair, forcing her head back and to the side so that she could run her fingers along the exposed skin there, "And it seems you did not take my lessons to heart. I will not allow you to mistreat your next vessel as you have this one."

Amaryllis straightend, waving for Kriem to pick up her clothing. Her eyes fell on Fubuki once more, "Do not worry my dear, I shall come to claim this favor owed to me. Though it shall have to wait until I find a task best suited to your... skills." She pressed a finger to her lips, a mysterious smile tracing those ruby blossoms before she turned to walk from her office, waving a hand once more for both to follow. She lead them past the still pools and through many corridors until they reached the Rubellum Chamber. Once there Amaryllis took a clipboard from a table to the side, shifting through the parchment there as she spoke without looking up, "What were you looking for in your new body? We have had a fresh shipment arrive only a few days ago, so there are plenty to choose from. Be gracious, for you will soon have to repay the dept you are compiling with me."
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Fubuki Kouri on September 16th, 2013, 5:12 am

"A... uhm... I..." Kouri found herself doubting again, Ama took her words literally. She should have known that she must be very careful with her words in Sahova. Nuits here took sentences word by word, unlike back in Avanthal where idioms, hyperbole, and sayings flow like musical lyrics. A worried expression graced her powder-white face, she just basically gave Ama permission to do with her as she pleased. Kouri looked up to the emotionless Kriem, she wanted to scold her on 'why didn't you tell me?!'. Then again, Kriem would simply answer "You didn't ask, Mistress." with her calm tone, devoid of any malice.

"Uuuuu..." Kouri growled at herself, her high-pitched voice sounded rather adorable. She crossed her arms over her chest and looked down, mentally noting to watch her words next time. It was when Ama told Kriem to undress that her attention crashed back to Mizahar "W-w-what? W-why?!" If Kouri was a normal little girl, she would be blushing by now. Strange, in her time as a ghost, she used to don't care about other female's modesty. It was a sign that Kouri's morals and etiquette as a Vantha girl were steadily resurfacing.

Kriem obeyed immediately though, she had no sense of modesty comparable to a Kelvic. Her body didn't belong to her, why should she feel embarassed? The reason Kriem wore such fancy clothing was obvious, it was Kouri's wishes. The Nuit maid took off her clothes and folded them neatly, putting them near her feet "Very well, Amaryllis." She adhered to Ama's wishes also nodding as Ama told her to take better care of her body.

".....K-kriem... w-will you be wearing your clothes now?" Kouri was closing her eyes and facing the Nuits with her back, she looked down, embarassed. Kriemhild turned her head to the flustering ghost "No, Mistress." The maid said simply before motioning for Kouri to follow Ama as well. "Uuuun..." Kouri grumbled and picked up Kriem's clothes by focusing the soulmist on her palms. She couldn't let such pretty dress to go to waste. W-what are you going to make me do? *Sigh*... Kouri exhaled in her mind, she hoped Ama didn't tell her to fight Wanda or something.

Once they arrived at the Rubellum chamber, Kouri's curious crimson eyes examined the room. What was those large drawers were filled with? Don't tell her... "K-kriem, a-are those filled with b-bodies?" Oh, Kriemhild nodded. She should have expected that. Kouri shuddered, they were storing corpses like food. Still, Kouri swallowed her fears. Where did her insane side go? Usually at times like this, the little devil would show up, but now, she found her mind was her own again. One of the cons of Kouri's current state was now that she was much more capable of fear, no insane side to take over and offset it with rage.

The naked Kriem approached Ama and for a moment, she seemed to be thinking, like an excited girl choosing her new dress, but it didn't last long before her stoic expression returned. "Amaryllis, I would like a body that doesn't differ much from what I have right now, female humanoid, similar height and body stature. Mistress seemed to prefer that... and my clothes would fit again."

Boxcode made by Savio

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on September 18th, 2013, 9:40 pm

Amaryllis sighed, checking off a few lines on the pad, "I have said you should branch out, add some variety. We have a very good selection of male bodies. Big, strong, fresh, and we can even remove the useless appendage for easier mobility." She glanced up from the clip board, and seeing Kriem's blank expression she shrugged and looked back down, "Very well then, more of the same it is."

Bitting the end of the quill the Master Embalmer looked over the list before her, just a seemingly random row of numbers and letters. After a couple of ticks she turned, pointing with the quill at individual drawers until her eyes fell on the one she was looking for three rows down and two from the bottom. Walking over to it she grasped the handle, pulling it out easily on well oiled wheels. The drawer pulled far out into the room, the length of a tall man, and two thin 'legs' made of metal flipped out to support the weight at the head. The drawer, however, was no drawer, but more like a thin table on which sat a block of ice. The very top surface of it was sheered off so that it was perfectly smooth, and a body could clearly be seen within it.

"Human female, age 16 at time of passing. Black hair, green eyes, and a slight build. Cause of death was illness, though I have found signs of drugging. This body was... well used." Amaryllis traced a finger over the smooth surface of the eyes, looking over the body like one might a piece of steak, "This one is still in good condition, with no signs of rot showing." The girl's eyes stared blankly upwards, her mouth slightly open as she looked with sightless eyes at the ceiling.

"Will this one meet your satisfaction?"
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Fubuki Kouri on September 19th, 2013, 2:36 am

"...." Kriem didn't answer verbally when Ama offered her for male bodies. If it was herself, she wouldn't mind at all, but Kouri seemed to be uncomfortable in close company of an adult male. Something must had happened in the past for her Mistress to act so, the truth was Kouri almost got raped by a poor example of a Syliran squire. How did someone managed to try violating a ghost child? That was a long story and best be forgotten, but the experience still branded itself forever on her. It was safe to say that the little girl experienced - almost - every horrible thing that little girls shouldn't have see. Death, slaughter, murder, sexual harassment, and others.

The duo kept watching the beautiful Nuit female examining her clipboard.
"Nuits are little slow, aren't they?" She accidentally murmured her thoughts out loud in Vani, Kouri immediately clasped her mouth with her hands, hoping that no one here could understand Vani. Kriem sure didn't, the maid just didn't even show confusion and just stood there, waiting for Ama to choose a body for her.

"*Gulp*..." Kouri made an audible gulp as Ama opened a particular drawer. Revealing the corpse of a... teenager, perhaps a few years older than Kouri. She assured herself that it was just a corpse, not an actual living person. Kouri kept holding Kriem's clothes as she saw the maid strolled over to the body and examined it in almost the same manner as Ama. After a chime, Kriem nodded "Yes, this should be good." She said simply.

Kouri watched in silence, it was clear to her how 'different' these Nuits was to humans, they only looked human, but their mind was entirely different.

Boxcode made by Savio

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on September 19th, 2013, 5:58 am

Amaryllis nodded slowly, marking down a few strokes with her quill before setting the clipboard aside once more. Running her hand over the ice the nuit said quickly, "Very well then. We will make the preparations for the ritual. You will need undergo the procedure relatively quickly, before you pass on from ichor loss." Her eyes looked back at the trail of white ichor drops left in the maid's wake, "Yes, very quickly... So we shall proceed in the Surgery chamber and have you moved to the Quarters after the ritual has taken place."

Her attitude changed completely, voice losing its haughty tones as she spoke in strict, matter-o-fact sentences punctuated with authority. Amaryllis' hand traced over the very end of the block of ice, near the feet, where a single glyph was carved. As her fingers brushed its surface she whispered something inaudible under her breath, and the ice shattered, falling to the ground and melting in an instant. The body lay exposed to the elements, and the woman's practiced fingers began examining the flesh for any flaws. She twisted the head this way and that, lifted the arms and bent the fingers, testing the flexibility of the new host body. She even pulled the hair, seeing if any strands fell out. As she examined two Pulser men dressed in white robes, dirtied and stained with substance that looked suspiciously like blood and other bodily fluids, entered. Straightening the Master Embalmer said to these new arrivals, "Take this one to the Surgery Chamber and prep it for the Transfer Ritual. Sterilize and make the necessary arrangements. Oh, and go ahead and draw the runes as well. Quickly now quickly!"

The men acted wordlessly, one moving to either the head or the feet and lifting the body on its tray off of the drawer, carrying it out of the chamber to be prepared. The Embalmer returned her attention to Kriem, Kouri completely forgotten for the moment, "While we are at it, would you like any body modifications added? Or any cosmetic word done? It can be carried out after the ritual of course, but I would like to plan ahead for such procedures. That and we would have to discuss the payment options."
Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Postby Fubuki Kouri on September 19th, 2013, 1:13 pm

"Thank you, Amaryllis." Kriem nodded, she was not oblivious the fact that she was losing ichor here and there. Anymore delays and she would begin showing panic, she made a promise to her Mistress that she would serve her... forever or until Kouri decided to move on. She turned her head to briefly check on Kouri, her Chaktawe-like black eyes locked themselves into Kouri's crimson, Mistress was sitting on the ground, holding her clothes in her palms.

Kouri's large Vantha eyes were like asking if Kriem would be alright, the Nuit just nodded solemnly. She turned back to find Ama releasing the magic holding the ice together. A feeling of cold, not from the ice show, but to the sudden presence on her right, Kouri blinked to Kriem's side, body trembling at Ama's display of magical expertise. To see an ice melt that instantly filled the - former - Vantha girl with dread. This woman possessed the power of Morwen's children? The mark of Ice Reaving. The powers these Nuits possessed baffled her to no end, one Nuit could trounce her in less than a second and had spirit guardians and this one could reave ices.

"K-kriem... s-she possessed Q-queen Morwen's mark?" The ghost girl asked with shaking voices, Kriem slowly shook her head and stated bluntly "No, Mistress, it's Glyphing magic." The statement was answered with a tilt from Kouri's head along with a sway of her very long alabaster locks, Kriem would have to explain about this, in simple words "It's a magic that holds other magic inside it with drawings of runes." That wasn't as simple as she thought, but it would do.

"Eh... okay." Kouri was still curious, but she let it be for now. She extended two tendrils to pick up Kriem's clothes again, pulling them back to her hands. She kept silent and let Kriem finished her urgent business, though she cringed when Ama flexed around the corpse like some twisted replacement of a mannequin.

"!?" Four black tendrils of thick soulmist aura spawned from her back at the new arrivals. Safe to say, Kouri was rather edgy at the moment. This whole alien was like a trip to a beautiful yet dangerous paradise. Knowing that the two strange-looking men were of no threat, she quickly retracted her tendrils and smiled sheepishly, hoping Ama didn't take offense at her little outburst.

Ritual? Oh, the ritual to transfer body... The name of it was as obvious as its purpose.

"Mistress?" Kriem suddenly called out to her, Kouri perked up and looked quizzically at the maid. "Should you wish, we can request body modifications, but it would require payment and your permission of course."

"Uhm..." Kouri stood up and approached both of them, she used her tendrils to hold Kriem's clothes while her right hand scratched the back of her head and her left twirled a strand of her white hair "Well... uuuh... anything that can make Kriem look prettier~ and last longer, I guess." She wanted to ask what form of this payment would be, she assumed it would be the favors Ama would demand from her later. "S-since I gave my word I would do 'anything' for you... j-just tell me what do I need to do."

Boxcode made by Savio

Fubuki Kouri
The Sorceress' Daughter

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Mirage on September 19th, 2013, 9:14 pm

Amaryllis smiled mysteriously and folded her arms beneath her breasts once more as she looked at Kouri, "Well my dear, since your maid will be needing her body rather soon we will not be able to do some of the more involved modifications, such as additional body cavities for storage, and other more 'interesting' things. However, there are several procedures we can do that will not risk the nuits life." She flipped the makeshift legs back into their slots beneath the drawer, pushing the entire thing back into its place within the wall before motioning for both of the to follower her out of the chamber, "Usually these modifications are done before the ritual takes place, but with such little time we are rather limited in what we can offer. We can do some things such as adding an additional forearm compartment for storage of small devices and utensils, some cosmetic procedures to better customize the body to the desired personal appearance, exchanging eyes for varying eye colors for instance, and we even do custom work depending on the nuit requires for their work."

They walked down past the pool once more, turning right down another small corridor until they came to a rather barren room with stone table, on which lay Kriem's new body. The two who had come and taken the body before were not busily drawing glyphs in blue pain all across its flesh in preparation for the exchange. Stepping to the foot of this table Amaryllis turned in a flurry of feathers to face the pair once more, "Payment for this, however, comes in the form of Mizas. I do not work in favors for every dealing I come across you know." She chuckled, moving her hand over her lips to hide her widening smile.

Mirage
Truth is never certain

Office

Next