Open [Zhongjie Warrens] Silk Shopping (Krima)

Kirsi and Krima shop for fabric

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Zhongjie Warrens] Silk Shopping (Krima)

Postby Kirsi Winterflame on September 28th, 2013, 4:08 am

Timestamp: 31st Fall, 513AV
It was warm, at least. Or still. Kirsi supposed it depended on how you looked at it, but either way, her summer wardrobe was still being put to good use. A wry smile flitted across her face as she strode to the marketplace; it seemed that most of the people she passed were of a different opinion. Cloaks were out in abundance, flapping in the gentle breeze, and Kirsi mentally added that to the list of clothing she probably ought to purchase eventually.

But today was all about one thing: fabric. Today was the day she and Krima were to choose colors and fabric for her new dress, and Kirsi couldn't help but be excited. Though she didn't have a specific idea in mind, she'd heard something about a shipment of silk from Kalinor and her imagination had run away with her. It was an extravagant luxury fabric, and she probably wouldn't spend the mizas on it, but... It would be wonderful to feel, at least. Maybe Krima could use some for trim or decoration or... Something?

With a shrug, she dismissed the thought; she would let the Konti woman decide on the design of the dress, and style of trim. Hopefully Krima would have some sort of idea of what might look the best, and be the most useful. It was no exaggeration to say that Kirsi had only a vague notion of what might look good on her. Normally, she bought clothes for their function and not their form; vanity was clamoring loudly, though, and Kirsi was hard-pressed to find a reason not to indulge herself. Just a bit.

Slightly distracted by her own thoughts, Kirsi peered into the crowd of people ahead of her, hoping to catch a glimpse of Krima. Not seeing the other woman immediately, Kirsi made her way out of the flow of traffic and stood, people-watching and daydreaming, to wait for the seamstress to show up.
Kirsi Winterflame
Player

Words: 123239
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Krima on October 12th, 2013, 1:46 am

31st Day of Fall, 513 A.V.

Krima made her way over the Bazaar while staying within the crowd of people. Next to her a few dark blue Akalaks were speaking about the weather. She didn't pay much attention, considering the weather didn't have a large affect on her. Instead, she felt warm and cozy. The crowd made love was abundant and it wrapped around her like an invisible blanket. Still, she dressed according to the season, simply not to appear out of place.

Today, she was outside along with her coat. Studying the crowd around her, she made the right decision. Cloaks gently danced in the wind, and coats were closed tightly to their owner's body. Reguardless of the weather, today was sure to be a fun day. Word had spread like wildfire that a luxurious fabric was shipped in, and Krima couldn't wait to use it.

Personally, she didn't have a need for it. The materials for her Beautyfest dress were already purchased, and the rumored material was too much of a luxury for any casual wear. Still, she could try to convince Kirsi to use it in her dress. Beautyfest was approaching, and Krima assumed this dress would be made exactly for it.

After a few failed chimes of trying to see around large Akalak heads, she gave a small sigh and stepped outside the crowd. Even for her own race, she was considered tiny and petite, and more often than not it got on her nerves. Finally, she saw the women she was looking for, and made her way over.

"Hello Kirsi!" she called out. "How have you been?" She asked just as she got to the women.

It seemed best to make small talk before jumping right into the agenda of the busy day. Still, Krima took a quick look around, try to get a bearing on where they were. Much to her relief, the fabric section started only a few booths down. She didn't want to waste time looking for the booth themselves, when it would already take a decent amount of time picking out the fabric. With the booths so near by, they could start as soon as they were ready.

"Krima's Speech!"
My thoughts
Your speech
NPC speech
Kontinese

Krima
Love Knows No Bounds

Words: 23355
Joined roleplay: August 18th, 2013, 1:17 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kirsi Winterflame on October 16th, 2013, 3:53 pm

"Krima! I've been well. And you? How are you settling in to Riverfall?" Kirsi knew the Konti had been in the city only a short while, and remembered how challenging her own first days had been. Krima had the advantage of being Konti, at least, and there was a strong presence of the pale women in the city. Vantha, on the other hand, were not so common; Kirsi hadn't realized when she'd left home that she would miss simply seeing her own people.

Stopping that line of thought before it could make her melancholy, she instead offered the other woman a bright smile. "Is it silly of me to be so excited about this shopping trip?" A half-chuckle punctuated her eager rambling, and her eyes shone violet to match her happy mood. "Did you hear about the silk that's just come in? From Kalinor, I believe. I wonder how much it would cost? Probably far too much for an entire dress," she shook her head a bit in disappointment. Still, her earlier thought of using it for trim might be enough to satisfy her feminine side.

"I have to be honest - I'm not really sure what kind of dress I want. Or need. About the only thing I know is that I'd like it to be green. To match my hair." The feature in question was pulled up today, looped around haphazardly and pinned in place with a wooden hair clip. The rich ebony shimmered with iridescent green highlights; though she rarely gave it the attention it warranted, Kirsi's favorite feature was her hair. It only seemed reasonable that she should have a dress to match its unchanging color, rather than the fickle hues of her eyes.
Kirsi Winterflame
Player

Words: 123239
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets