[Unverified] [WIP] Lars Trezeri

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

[WIP] Lars Trezeri

Postby Lars Trezeri on October 5th, 2013, 2:08 am

Lars Trezeri

Birthday - Spring, 489 AV, 6Age - Four-and-twenty
Race - Human Gender- Male
Residence - Tarsins Boarding House Starting city - Ravok

Appearance

At first glance, Lars’s most striking feature was his green eyes. They were just like his mother’s, vividly green and alluring in a way that would cause him most discomfort – for they attracted attention, something which was bad for him. His face was a stern and pale one, with the occasional stubble. He was not handsome, but there was an inner charisma that caught the attention of some women as he matured, who would then say that he was charming. He looked older than he was, overall. His hair was black, wavy and short, just like his father’s.

Lars had an average height and weight for a male human, and his body was quite ordinary. He was neither too tall nor too short, neither too slim nor broad. Lean and graceful in his movements, he walked as a wolf stalked a prey, always observing the surroundings. He would usually glance sideways or back to make sure he wasn’t followed, but always in a discreet, furtive way. There was no reason to attract much attention. He spoke with a deep voice, although in a low and soft tone, so to make it hard to eavesdrop on him.

He was fond of wearing grey doublets with matching trousers, and an old, dusty white cloak which covered his back, shoulders and chest, but was not big enough to impair him if he needed to run. He also wore black high boots, as well as leather gloves, which helped him grasp any weapon or tool adequately and warmed his hands in the cool weather of Ravok.

Character concept

No Gods, no masters. That is the personal motto of Lars, who grew cynical with the years. Not that he would be foolish to deny the existence of gods, but he mistrusts them. And with good reason, as he often wondered if mortals were but pawns and pieces in a godly, unholy game where suffering mattered nothing if compared to lust for power which would drive the game. He also mistrusts authority and order, which he sees as a way to mystify and hide the true nature of men – they reflect the gods in their lust for power.

One would be wise to wonder if his perception isn’t biased, and it certainly is. As a boy who grew up in Ravok, and knowing that his parents were silenced due to "spreading dissent", his naïve belief in Rhysol and the Black Sun was tested beyond limits and shattered as he learned that he was living, and would be living, a lie for the entirety of his life – a lie of peace and plenty. That was a lesson he would never forget. Within a night, his life had changed forever – from the spoiled son of a well-off fur merchant, he became an orphan smuggled away to live with his father's family in Sunberth.

In spite of all his resentment and hatred for the Black Sun, one would not imagine so due to his calm and helpful approach to situations – he avoids unnecessary fights and treats all courteously, trying to keep heat off himself. Many of his neighbors would think he is a weak man, or even a coward, but that’s hardly true. While his tongue is calm and often sweet, he is a treacherous man. That does not mean, however, that he is keen on manipulating others for his amusement. In fact, he is an introvert who prefers to act in a no confrontational way. Knowing that words can seal the fate of a man, he treads carefully whenever he speaks with someone, as if he was fighting for his own life.
Last edited by Lars Trezeri on February 21st, 2014, 4:31 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Lars Trezeri
No Gods, no Masters

Words: 13866
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2013, 10:30 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[WIP] Lars Trezeri, the Mockingbird

Postby Lars Trezeri on October 5th, 2013, 2:13 am

His tale

“I want to remember those times when the world was as young as we were, full of secrets and songs. But as I grow old, the memories run away whenever I look for them, fading into misty dreams, only to appear when they are not needed. Or wanted.

"I was born and raised in Ravok. The only son of a fur trader, I was named after my grandfather, who had been a fur trader himself. From a tender age, they taught me that I would be a fur trader. Mother helped old Razael Trezeri manage the store while I was tutored in letters and numbers and they had a loyal clientele within the richest folk of town. We lived well and fancy, and sometimes mother and dad would be invited to lavish parties. And they treaded amongst the elite, and we were a happy family.

"However, one chilly night my dad arrived in a rush at home, with his clothes bloodied. From what I heard in his heated discussion with mother, he had killed a man, an Ebonstryfe paladin. To this day, I don’t know what truly happened. But there was one thing I knew back then, young as I was: no one killed Ebonstryfe, it was rule. To do so would... undermine authority, power. Undermine Rhysol. And that was utterly unacceptable.

"Dad had to die. All of this… All of this I heard from dad himself, who explained that we were going away from Ravok for some time. I did not know the whole truth back then, but years later I would learn that the Ebonstryfe had spread lies; they said I was the son of two traitors who were plotting against the Black Sun to incite terror. Supposedly, they had killed a Paladin and were responsible for a streak of deaths. Now that I think about it, I was very lucky. I could have been enslaved, or killed. But on the same night father came back from his lover’s house, I was smuggled away from Ravok through one of dad's contacts, to live with my aunt in Sunberth. Dad and mother said they would meet me soon, they just had to wait for their other contact to arrive in the morning. But I never heard from them again. They were dead.

"After many days, I arrived safe and sound at my aunt's house. The catch is, they weren't very happy to see another mouth arriving at their doorsteps – they already had three children and life was hard with all the harassing gangs, protection payment demands and tributes to crime lords. Nonetheless, grudgingly, they took me in. I grew up in a neglected environment and had no true bonds with my foster parents. Instead, I became attached to my cousins. Two girls and one boy around my age, how mischievous we were.

"The streets were our teachers. When I wanted to play, we ran around and fought imaginary monsters. When I wanted something, I… took it. Soon enough I caught the attention of a gang and they… enlisted me. I didn’t really want, but when you have three boys bigger than you who know where you live and can beat the hell out of you, there’s no questioning. So I started helping them steal things and I can’t count the number of times I was caught. One day the street vendor tried to cut my hand off, but I was able to run away. I Think I stood away from the Seaside Market for at least five months after that. But I learned, and learned and learned from mistake after mistake. By the time I had turned one-and-twenty I was an accomplished thief. Meanwhile, my cousin, the boy, died in a bar fight. He eyed the wrong girl.

"It was by that time that I realized that I couldn’t stay anymore in Sunberth. I had lived the city to its deepest, and there was nothing more for me there. It would not be wrong to say that wherever I went I would probably meet an early grave… but I still had old debts to pay. I had not forgotten Ravok, I had not forgotten the Black Sun, I had not forgotten the Ebonstryfe. I wanted answers and blood. I wanted to know… if by any chances, even the slightest, my parents were alive. And although I knew they were very, very slim, I hoped. My foster father was dead, both my cousins were married and with children and my aunt understood that I wanted to go away. There was nothing for me in Sunberth anymore. No Gods, no masters. Perhaps the city atmosphere had somehow crept on my skin after all…

"In the Fall of 513 AV, I left Sunberth. It was only later in the Winter of that same year that I would arrive in Ravok. ”
Last edited by Lars Trezeri on February 21st, 2014, 4:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
"Common" | Speech
Common | Thoughts
"Common" | Hypnosis
Lars Trezeri
No Gods, no Masters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lars Trezeri on October 5th, 2013, 4:27 pm

Languages, Skills, and Lores

Languages

Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Ancient Tongue (Nader-canoch)
Poor Language: Fratava

Skills

Intrigue
Larceny (15 SP) = 15 XP (novice)
Stealth (10 SP) = 10 XP (novice)
Intelligence (5 SP + 15 RB) = 20 (novice)

Martial
Weapon: Shortbow (10 SP) = 10 XP (novice)
Acrobatics (10 SP) = 10 XP (novice)

Lores

Lore of Rhysol
Lore of Sunberth: city outline
Last edited by Lars Trezeri on February 21st, 2014, 12:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Common" | Speech
Common | Thoughts
"Common" | Hypnosis
Lars Trezeri
No Gods, no Masters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Lars Trezeri on February 13th, 2014, 11:04 pm

Equipment, possessions and real estate

Starting package and other aquisitions

I. Starting Package

- 1 Set of clothing: 1 grey doublet, grey trousers with black high boots, as well as a White coloured cloak;
- 1 waterskin; and
- 1 leather Backpack: comb, brush, razor, soap, food for a week, 1 eating knife and flint & steel

II. Other Acquisitions

Before 513 AV, Winter
- Shortbow, composite;
- Shortbow arrows (100);
- Archery glove;
- Archer's arm guard;
- Thieves' tools;
- Burglar's vest;

Family Heirloom

Gladius engraved with the Trezeri name in the handle, with a pommel adorned in the shape of a ravokian black wolf's head. This was the weapon his father Razael Trezeri used to stab the Ebonstryfe paladin.

Money

Pre-season expenses

-Starting Package: + 100 GM
-House cash-in: +500
-Shortbow, composite: -75 GM
-Shortbow arrows (100): 20 for 1 GM, 100 for 5 GM - 5 GM
- Archery glove: -1 GM;
- Archer's arm guard: -1 GM
- Thieves' Tool: - 30 GM
- Burglar's Vest: - 75 GM
- Season stay at the Tarsins Boarding House: common room 7 SM/day; 55 GM/season = - 55 GM

Total: 358 GM

Housing: Staying at the Tarsins Boarding House
Last edited by Lars Trezeri on February 15th, 2014, 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Common" | Speech
Common | Thoughts
"Common" | Hypnosis
Lars Trezeri
No Gods, no Masters

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets