PM to join Looking for a friendly face {Taylani}

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Looking for a friendly face {Taylani}

Postby Aasha Moontears on October 6th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Fall 11, 513AV

Aasha was up very early in the morning it was some what mist outside, but yet warm at the same time. She was taking her time putting her long hair back into braids and rolled it up in a fancy bun. Everyday she puts her hair back in beautiful braid or sometimes in sloppy buns, but today was one of those good days. Aasha so far hasn't associated with anybody for awhile now, She is shy, but also loves to talk and it annoys her when her shyness gets in the way of meeting others.

Once finished with her hair, she slowly got up and walked out of her tent. She can see the sun still rising, it was a nice reddish orange color, her light colored hazel eyes where brighten more brilliantly and exotic looking. She walked quietly over to Keno and patted his head gently and began to brush his coat.
Last edited by Aasha Moontears on October 7th, 2013, 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Common; Pavi
Aasha Moontears
Player

Words: 4507
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2013, 2:50 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet

Postby Taylani on October 7th, 2013, 12:31 am

Slipping out of Fallan's tent, the red headed captive looks around furtively before moving off in search of quietness away from him and others that might intrude. Her mind whirling after her ordeal the day before, but no less determined to see through the bargain and find her way home. Her hair hangs loose down her back, marking her as an oddity though because of the Drykas habit of 'inviting' new blood into their pavilions it does not necessarily mark her as an outlander.

However her dress, plain and lack of color, the way her eyes search the tents as if she is lost, and the slight bitterness that reads within her face might give that away. She is traveling away from the pavilion tents, and now into the area where the horses were kept, which causes her to stop. The animals were large and powerful, and seemed almost more intelligent then any horse she had ever seen in Syliras. Not only that but where did she really think she would be able to go? She would eventually run out of camp and she certainly could not go out into the grasses to be eaten by a Glassbeak or worse, if there was worse.

Caught in an indecisive moment,Taylani hesitates, before moving to the right, edging around the fearsome beasts -at least fearsome to her- before she spots another. Freezing, before she turns, hoping to be off before the other spots her though unfortunately for her a horse wickers loudly at her presence, betraying her position.
Last edited by Taylani on November 24th, 2013, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Aasha Moontears on October 7th, 2013, 1:02 am

Aasha glanced quickly to where the direction of the horse that cried. She caught a glimpse of a figure standing there staring at her. Aasha looked again, she saw a young woman that looked about the same age as she. The woman had mid length fiery red hair, she was pretty. Aasha smiled at her to try to make it less awkward. Then she noticed something about the woman she seemed almost hesitant, like a child. A child thinking about doing something and hopefully won't get caught.

Maybe she's just started or something... But why.. Maybe she not use to seeing someone up this early... It is pretty early I guess... Aasha was conflicted about this mysterious woman. She walked over to the woman slowly, "Is everything alright?" she asked with a friendly smile.
Last edited by Aasha Moontears on October 10th, 2013, 1:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Common; Pavi
Aasha Moontears
Player

Character sheet

Postby Taylani on October 7th, 2013, 1:55 am

Groaning inwardly she glares at the horse who gave her away, but turns to face the other. She supposes she could just turn around and go back, or find another place where she would not have to interact with anyone else. But to go back would just mean going back to him, and she was avoiding him for as long as possible after last night. With the light brightening across the plains it would be extremely lucky to be able to find any place within the camp that insured solitude so she simply turns back to the other woman with her arms crossed.

Due to the gestures the woman had used Taylani assumes that she is speaking Pavi, though she can not understand a word she had spoken. "I don't speak Pavi." She says, not unkindly but not friendly either, her blue eyes raking over the woman from head to toe. Assuming that the other woman spoke as little common as the others that she has met, the Dance turns away, resigning herself to go back and face him sooner rather then later. Besides she still needed to find the water spot soon.

Last edited by Taylani on November 24th, 2013, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aasha Moontears on October 7th, 2013, 10:19 am

As she got closer to the woman, she could see her faded clothing, with not much coloring to it. She didn't look like a dryka, more like those slaves that some own around here. "I don't speak Pavi." She spoke in common. Aasha wanted to laugh because she must of sounded pretty stupid to the red head. The slave sounded pretty cold, when she responded. Aasha felt bad for the slave at the same time. In fact she found it wrong to keep slaves, all she had to do was put herself in her shoes, but Aasha couldn't' possibly understand what she goes through.

"I apologize, I said are you alright. You seem lost." Aasha just smiled big, "My name is Aasha. What's yours?"
Common; Pavi
Aasha Moontears
Player

Character sheet

Postby Taylani on October 7th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Surprised, Taylani raises a brow as the other spoke fluent common. This one seemed obviously Drykas, as easy as she was with the horse, but Taylani had not met a Drykas yet that was so fluent in Common. Fallan was, before this, by far the most fluent and he has been clear that he regularly visits cities other then the Endrykas Tent city. Still surprised at the language Taylani raises a hand to push it through her hair, tossing the heavy length of it back over her shoulder.

"I am not lost. I simply was looking for a quiet place." She did not elaborate that it was to practice her forms, or to calm her center from the emotional and mental turmoil her mind was in. She weighs her words carefully, not because she feared this slip of a woman but because she did not want to be enmeshed with her for too long. However it will be a very long term of time within Endrykas if Taylani intends on continuing to avoid Drykas and their culture. "Taylani. It is ok, I guess I am going to have to learn Pavi at some point. "Backing away some more, the Dancer eyes the animals still in the back, remembering belatedly to put some distance between her and those animals.
Last edited by Taylani on November 24th, 2013, 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aasha Moontears on October 10th, 2013, 2:02 am

"Taylani... It's a pretty name. I'm guessing your not from around here." Aasha felt as if the redhead was a little shy or cautious. She tried to be as nice as possible to her. She could hear Keno whining behind her. "Sorry that was my horse Keno, he gets mad easily if I'm not paying attention to him." Aasha chuckled to herself.

Keno as basically has been like a whiny child who acts like he doesn't get attention. He is practically her best friend... for a horse any way. "Would you like to meet him? He is very sweet." Aasha offered, she didn't have anything going on today therefore Aasha didn't mind.
Last edited by Aasha Moontears on October 16th, 2013, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Common; Pavi
Aasha Moontears
Player

Character sheet

Postby Taylani on October 10th, 2013, 2:53 am

Taylani scowls just slightly at the mention of the horse, her body stiffening at the thought of being too close to the large animals. Yet she takes a deep breath and determines to be ...polite. These people who thought that selling humans like cattle is right as rain, well they had her fate in their hand for now. But only for now, someday... Taylani lets that thought trail off as unproductive as it was.

"Ashie? Is that what you said your name was?" Her voice was thin and controlled, as if she is extending tremendous effort to speak on a normal pitch. "Of course I am not from around here. Your people hit me over the head and kidnapped me. So forgive me, if I do not want to play nice and meet your horse." She is almost sure that the Drykas didn't call these animals Horses, and she is also sure that they are not normal horses. However that is neither here nor there, surely they did not expect her to remember all these names. "What I want. Is to be taken back to where you took me, but I don't suppose you would be amendable to that?"

OOC INFOHa! Seasonal goal, mess up someone's name
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Aasha Moontears on October 16th, 2013, 2:26 am

Aasha bit her lip. She really didn't have any idea what she was going through... but not all of her kind was like that, but try telling that to someone who is a slave to her race. She had her arms behind her back now, trying not to feel sorry and have pity.
"Your right, you have every reason to hate me and my race... but do you mind me asking.." Aasha let out a breath, "how did you become a slave to begin with?" She didn't want to sound rude, but she was curious. What is it like as a slave?... Aasha would never dare ask the question.
Last edited by Aasha Moontears on October 20th, 2013, 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Common; Pavi
Aasha Moontears
Player

Character sheet

Postby Taylani on October 16th, 2013, 3:02 am

Huffing a breath, Taylani sighed a breath out. It seemed that this girl insisted on playing nice. However, she was going to have a very ..long..time here in Endrykas, pouting and scowling at every Drykas person would do her no good. Visibly Taylani relaxed, her shoulders moving as if working kinks out of her neck, and her hands smooth down her plain garment. She didn't go so far as to sink to the ground but she was more comfortable looking then she was before.

"It was pretty much like I said. I was ...outside Syliras, three Drykas men rode up. Told me to come with them, I refused and the next thing I know I wake up in a tent with a headache and a lump on my head." The dancer shifted her shoulders in a shrug, "Now I am a brood mare for your people. Pretty plain and simple." Even though she said the words in a matter of fact tone, the red flush that scowls across her cheeks gave her discomfort away. She knew that this woman probably already knew what had happened the night before, the Auction was yesterday after all. But knowing this and still telling her body to not blush in embarrassment was two different things.

"Did you ...buy...anyone yesterday?" She asked, her eyes glittering hard in her face but her voice was calm.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Next