Completed [Opal Healing Tents] Time To Look Forward

Taylani seeks out medical advice from the healing tents, and finds Waisana

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Opal Healing Tents] Time To Look Forward

Postby Taylani on October 13th, 2013, 8:28 pm

Taylani makes a little sound in the back of her throat at Fallan being referred to as her husband or lover, either one was not right..not really correct. "I am not pregnant, I started this cycle two days ago on the thirtieth." After so long of talking with the other and no one coming in, helps to relax Taylani, as much as she was going to relax around a Drykas and with this subject matter. The gaining weight surprised her, she had heard of people actively trying to lose weight, though with her dance regiment and exercises she never had to try to lose any but to gain was a different matter.

"Why gain weight? How will that help?" Biting her lip, Taylani sighed as the other woman once more spoke of instigating, and perhaps to save both herself and the other any further embarrassment the redhead raises her hands quickly. "I am intimately aware of the ..necessary actions. Though I am not sure why I must instigate, when ...well when he takes what he wants quite often." Taylani bitterly quelled the surge of shame, not at the act for that was all but normal after all this time but shame at how her body reacts to him. It was wrong on many different levels, which just spurred Taylani's need for quickening haste.

"I just fear that like my mother ..I will take years and years for this. I won't last that long. I won't, I can't..." With this last sentence Taylani looks toward Waisana, a hard glint in her blue eyes her chin lifting. "I came to you to see if there was some way to ..help conception along. Something that will promote..that.."
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Waisana on October 13th, 2013, 9:26 pm

The healer nodded, thoughtful as she tried to work out her fertile period. She tried to think of any other way that she could help the poor unfortunate girl. She had some idea how the captive must feel. Waisana hadn't been required to submit to the whims of a man yet but she knew that her fate would be similar to this other woman's.  Nobody would care how she felt or what she wanted so long as she was a womb on legs for her people.

"Your body needs to have a certain amount of fat to carry a child. You're a little on the thin side so although your cycle is regular, your womb might not take the man's seed. Is your mother of a light build as well? That might have been a factor in her delayed conception," the teen explained, gesturing with her hands out of habit. She sat on them so that they wouldn't remind the woman of Pavi. Anything to do with the Drykas probably had a place of dislike, of not hatred, in this woman's mind.

She felt a little stupid when the woman said that she understood how things worked. Of course she did, her husband would have been using her to his full advantage. It wasn't all fair and she could sympathise with her. Waisana smiled coyly and leaned closer, dropping her voice as if she was expecting someone to overhear.

"He may think that he can take what he wants when he wants but you can ensure that it's within your control. If you instigate things, you control him. You can so fluster him that his seed will spill quickly and you won't have to put up with him for as long. Teach him a lesson, show him that your body is yours and that he ought to beg you for the privilege of touching it. Men like women who take control in the tent, just not out of it. There's also a theory that a woman's ultimate pleasure helps conception. If you aren't being forced then you'll enjoy yourself more and you won't be as anxious. Perhaps you could even imagine that he was someone else."

She murmured all her advice and suggestions as if they were sharing a great secret between them. It was a secret for her, something heard in the whispers of the young women of her clan, a thing that ought not be talked about and thus was an exciting topic because it was forbidden. The horse maiden watched to see if the woman would gain any comfort from her advice.

x
Last edited by Waisana on November 24th, 2013, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Active threads: 2 of 5
2 Quest threads

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Words: 363907
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Taylani on October 13th, 2013, 9:57 pm

Taylani nodded in kind, "Yes, she and I are a lot alike. People used to confuse us for sisters." For the first time in a while tears blurred Taylani's vision, she had thought she was over the tears but the stab of homesickness pierced her heart. However she doesn't let them fall, blinking them away rapidly. "I miss her, this moment should not be this way. But for her and Papa, there was no need for rush. They had given up hope so when she got with child it was that much more joyful."

The next speech from the young teen caused Taylani's ears to burn, and her mind instantly went back to the day Fallan had taken her to teach her to ride. That was the first, and the last time, she allowed control to slip..allowed herself to enjoy and participate. The shame that came with that overpowered any pleasure she had received, and the thought of loosing that control once more sent a cold shiver through the Dancer's body. Yet..the words that she would have control made sense, and the old battle in her mind over losing herself or losing control commenced. It went against everything she felt that should be, she was captive, she was by Fallan's own words his slave, wouldn't it be logical that she not enjoy? Why does she have to fight that so hard, shouldn't it come easy to hate these people, and him?

After shaking her head, and pushing those conflicting thoughts from her mind, Taylani raises her hands to press against her eyes. Perhaps to wipe away fatigue, or more likely to catch any stray tears before they fell, Taylani scrubs her face with her hands before looking back dry-eyed at the healer. "So basically, it is gain weight, and ...and copulate. There is nothing else to help the ..situation along?"
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Waisana on October 13th, 2013, 10:24 pm

Talking of her mother seemed to touch something deep inside her, tears coming to her eyes. The poor teen was alone amongst strangers, being treated like some domestic animal meant to be mated and bred. There was no one that she could turn to, no one who she could confide in. She had no support, no comfort, nothing. She'd had some man force himself upon her, take her against her will, turn her world upside down and yet the poor girl could do nothing, she was completely powerless. Waisana felt obliged to help her if she could.

Resting what she hoped was a comforting hand upon the girl's shoulder, she murmured to her, "There isn't a lot you can do I'm afraid. You can try chewing Salialana root. I don't have much faith in it but it can't do any harm, can it?" she asked, her tone soft and reassuring. "I'll tell you what. If you need anything for soreness, any advice or if you just want someone to talk to then come and find me here. Just ask for Waisana and they'll direct you to wherever I am after they get over their shock. If I can, I'll help you. It's a strange place I know and you may not think it but we are more alike than you might think. Soon I will be made a breeder though I do not want to be one, not yet but like you I won't have much choice."

The healer's eyes were fixed upon the woman in front of her, her face set in an intense expression. She was determined now to aid the young woman, to help her to somehow escape her plight. She couldn't bear suffering and that was what this girl was enduring. Not only did she want to help her, she had to help her.

x
Last edited by Waisana on November 24th, 2013, 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Quest threads

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Taylani on October 13th, 2013, 10:38 pm

Surprise was evidenced on Taylani's face as the other spoke, and then a touch of horror as her eyes widen. Fallan had promised her that any daughters she might give to him would not be treated as she was, given over to some man to produce children. He had promised her this. He had said that any daughters she might bear him would be free women. Anger slashed through the surprise, and yes a little bit of confusion for never in her time here had any one of the Drykas seem to even consider that she might be in pain. One woman even suggested that she was selfish for fighting against being captive and bred.

She was so surprised that when the younger girl laid a hand on her shoulder she didn't even stiffen or tense, "I ...I was told. I .." She stammers, stunned before she could compose herself. "Fallan. He told me Drykas women were free. That they would not be treated like me." Protectively Taylani's hand falls to her stomach, as if to protect a babe that did not even reside there yet. Now she is even more conflicted, how could she in all decency bear children that could be daughters to be left in this place. "More barbaric then even I guessed.."
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Waisana on October 13th, 2013, 11:02 pm

Waisana realised too late that she had frightened the girl rather than soothing her. She was now scared for any daughters that she might bear who would live amongst the Drykas. The horror in her eyes that a daughter of hers would be treated in the same manner as she, to be given to a husband unwillingly and violated by force. The healer shook her head quickly as if to make her disregard what she had said.

"I didn't mean to frighten you. Do not fear for an unborn daughter. Any girl you bear will be free. She will be subject to the desires of her family but no one will force her to marry. By the time she was of an age to marry, she would no doubt have some skill and our numbers would have been increased so no one will pressure her to marry. I have skill but our numbers are low so they want me to breed, they have tried to take patients from me, to leave me with nothing to do so that I will have no choice but to marry. I can fight them as a daughter of yours could fight. She would have your spirit, I'm sure and would resist. Have no fear. Fallan spoke true," she spoke quickly, trying to undo any damage she might have caused.

Biting her lip, the horse maiden tried to think what else she could say to allay the woman's fears. "I didn't mean to scare you. The Drykas did speak the truth, your daughters would be born free. They wouldn't be forced to marry. If they did marry not for love but to fulfill their duty then it would still be their choice. They would not be killed for not complying with the wishes of their pavilion or clan," she assured her.

x
Last edited by Waisana on November 24th, 2013, 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 Quest threads

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Taylani on October 13th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Taylani remained unconvinced, the words of the other opened up an avenue that she had not considered previously. She had agreed to give Fallan children and leave them here with him in exchange for her freedom, without considering that they would be her children..and reared in this culture. She would be subjecting her children to this people's customs, her sons would grow up thinking it is normal to abduct women, her daughters would grow up their only value being what they can bring forth from their wombs. She did not believe Waisana, not truly.

Taylani stands warily, haltingly before she inches closer to the tent exit. Her face is always pale, but now the paleness has nothing to do with her fair skin, her blue eyes shuttered against emotion though her trembling body might speak volumes. "Thank you." She manages to get out, without too much strain, and oddly enough she did mean the words. In her time in Endrykas none had shown her the least bit of sympathy or compassion. "I must go. He will be expecting me."

How could she tell this girl that all was not what it seemed? That Fallan was doing something to her far more insidious then simply violating her body. That alone had caused her to seek help in speeding her gestation, to quicken her womb. The longer she stayed in this Tent City the harder it was for her to remember her home. The longer she stayed within Fallan's tent the harder it was to remember to hate him. The thought now that her children would be subjected to the same torment, or raised to believe it be normal was more then she could swallow. Giving the younger girl a wan smile, Taylani turns on her heel her red hair splaying out with the speed as she ducked beneath the tent flaps and quickly headed away.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Waisana on October 13th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Her words didn't seem to have had the effect she'd intended, the woman rising trembling from her seat. She was truly terrified. Waisana didn't know what to do. Her fear was strong and she seemed ready to bolt from the tent. There was reason for her to hold the teen there any longer but though she had frightened her, words did seem a remedy. Instead she watched her in silence.

She nodded in acknowledgement of the girl's thanks and reiterated her invitation from before. "Any time you need someone to talk to or need advice you know where to find me." There was no holding her there though as she announced that her husband was expecting her and all but ran from the tent. 

She's definitely like a skittish horse, she thought, worrying at her lip once more. One of these days she'd chew through it. I wonder if there's anything I can do to fully earn her trust, she mused.

x
Last edited by Waisana on November 24th, 2013, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Quest threads

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 24th, 2013, 5:28 am

The Fates Have Spoken...

Player: Taylani
XP: Observation +5, Interrogation +5
Lores: Determination Is A Good Motivator, Pregnancy: Salialana Root might help if chewed but maybe not too. Pregnancy: Take Control You Might Conceive Faster If You Feel Pleasure. Pregnancy: Copulate often to speed pregnancy.

Player: Waisana
XP:
Teaching +4, Observation +3, Socialization +5
Lores:
Taylani: skinny and worried, Taylani: Akin to a skittish horse.

Notes:
Additional notes: Waisana, I would have given you medicine but you didn't do anything medical to earn it. Giving advice doesn't count. :)

Okay, I love the premise of this thread, I really do. It’s a good idea and could have been fantastic. But I have to tell you there was some big issues with it. Some are content and some aesthetic.

I have to admit I find both your fonts really hard to read. Taylani’s is easier though the shadow makes it blurry and I have to lean close to the screen to see. Waisana, I will insist on having you get rid of the cursive font before any of your threads will be graded by the Cyphrus team. They are super hard to read without careful consideration. Font shouldn’t distract from content, and yours does. Also, Waisana, your CS is all but impossible to read too with its garishly huge writing. That needs to be corrected.

That being said and getting to the thread itself. Taylani did wonderfully, but Waisana I can’t believe you said things like “Well I think that Salialana root is supposed to increase fertility but I don't know if that's a sure thing.” (I had to copy it into another post and clear the formatting to read that btw). That’s hearsay and not medicine or herbalism. It’s really nothing I can award for. Getting a man’s seed as close as possible to a woman’s womb as advice to get pregnant faster is not really ‘medicine’. Its more hearsy and not medical technique or treatment. That’s a lore award. I’m really at a loss as to why Taylani didn’t run screaming from this tent and write off all Drykas Healers as horrid if that’s what she got told. I don’t mean to be harsh, Waisana, but with 30 medicine, you should have did some sort of exam on Taylani, made sure her womanbits were functional and asked her more questions and then gave her something to help her calculate fertility (which people have known since ancient times about ovulation etc) and go from there. Telling her to gain weight was great, but you should have explained why.

Half a healers job is to calm a person down and reassure them and work on not only their physical health but their mental health too. You could have done tons for Taylani in this scenario. With 30 xp, you are expected to. You were rping at a level that was more like a novice healer or apprentice.

Taylani I wish there was more I could award on this. I gave you interrogation for all the questions you asked and observation for listening so carefully.

As always PM me if you have issues.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous