[The Captain's Hall] Audience (Amon)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A village cut off from the rest of Mizahar by the Valterrian, slowly reestablishing contact with the outside world.

Postby Tabarnac on August 8th, 2010, 5:10 am

"Here it is, sir," said a girl child who was at once bold and shy. She had managed to take Amon by the hand and lead him whither he was bound, but every time he looked at her, she blushed and looked away, only to look at him again like some godling descended from on high.

She pulled him into the Hall, whose actual hall was mostly bare at the moment, chairs pulled to the walls, which gave it a vaster sense of space that it could truly boast, though it was one of the larger edifices in town. One boy tore off up the stairs to announce the wind rider. Another said something haughty to the girl in a chatter of Denvali.

"You shut your mouth, Mihai," she shot back in Common.

"Children," a voice said in a throaty alto voice. The mass of Amon's entourage froze and stiffened into an almost military posture. Her Nari was flawless. "What will our guest think of our manners and hospitality?"Image

The Captain of Denval stood at the bottom of the steps, having been alerted to their approach by someone with a window view upstairs. She was built like a talon sword, her slight curves elegant, but far from voluptuous. She was striking more than she was beautiful, and the red hair of her Inarta blood was blunted and diminished by that of her Denvali blood. The would-be page hung back and to the side of her, too respectful to gloat over his awed contemporaries.

"Be welcome among us, sky dancer," she said with all due respect. "To what do we owe the honor of your presence here?"

The children began to shuffle out, knowing that their presence was not encouraged, though many hung back to hear as much as they could.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amon on August 8th, 2010, 6:00 am

Amon hadn’t even been able to speak a word since he was suddenly and inexplicably pulled along the streets to a building that seemed quite larger in comparison to the ones around it. His presence seemed to rouse a crowd, more so with children than with adults, but he allowed the Mahai to pull him along, using his free hand to hold the package to him firmly so as not to avoid the misfortune of breaking the fragile material inside.

Once they were inside the Captain’s hall, Amon paused and smiled warmly at the children who seemed to be arguing amongst themselves, clearly lacking the ability to decipher what they were saying. He didn’t mind though, and was just about to say something to the girl, Mihai in a rather thickly accented Common until the voice of a woman tore his gaze away from the children.

She spoke in the language of eagles, and he appreciated this. It was far easier on his tongue, either way. He grinned at her, clearly pleased with what he saw as well. She was pretty and authoritative, it reminded him of the flight mother herself.

“Your Nari is perfect, I’m amazed and quite pleased,” He commented, hefting the package in his hands up to avoid it slipping from his grip. “Your city seems quite hospitable, my name is Amon, you must be Captain Astrid?” He held out a gloved hand to shake hers, holding the shipment in his other one. He went on.

“I’ve received orders from Mother Ilish to deliver a package of glassworks to Denval, so here I am. Of course, I added in a special piece of artwork for you, as a gift from Wind Reach to the esteemed Captain and her people.”
Amon
Team One-Eye

Words: 68449
Joined roleplay: May 30th, 2010, 10:52 pm
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on August 8th, 2010, 6:53 am

"I have spent a deal of time practicing," she replied. "I am glad that it has not been spent in vain."

"I am she," Astrid agreed when he named her, shaking his hand in her gloved hand. "Well met, Amon Eagle Rider. You and the Flight Mother are generous indeed. Inarta glasswork is prized here. Thank you."

She would not reach for it until it was offered, however.

"I trust the flight was pleasant?" she asked. There was the barest hint of something in her voice. A person might assume it was longing.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amon on August 11th, 2010, 6:47 am

"A pleasure to meet you, Captain." He remarked with genuine sincerity. This was what he was good at. Diplomacy, honor, respect, and he was hoping he would make a lasting impression on this woman and her people.

"One moment," Amon settled the large package down on a nearby table and Imagepromptly began to open it, carefully rummaging through the different sets of glass ornaments and artwork until he brought out a 10" long piece of glass molded and carefully crafted into the shape of an eagle perched on a boulder. The deep crimson coat of the colors mixed into the glass were rich and exceptionally executed. It was definitely a prized piece of art.

The rider approached Astrid then with the gift in hand and extended out for her to accept. "I hope you're pleased with this gift, Captain Astrid. It was made by my sister, a very skilled glassworker." At the mention of flight, a smile tugged at his lips.

"Always, when one is bonded to a Wind Eagle." It wasn't lost on him the slight change in her tone. Envious? No, she was someone the people here looked up to, she must love her home. But Amon couldn't help but wonder. Yes flight was amazing, but it was also his duty, a job both he and Sakima had to withhold for the good of his people, for Wind Reach. "Have you been on the back of an eagle, Captain?"
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on August 11th, 2010, 7:14 am

Image"Ah," he murmured appreciatively when he revealed the prize. "Your sister is blessed with a gift." Her compliments, when she made them, were sincere and simple. People who knew and respected her grew to treasure them, for her esteem was only bought by excellence.

"I have not ridden one since I was a girl," he replied. "My father used to take me into the air to survey what would become my domain. He said it was good to see home from a different perspective, to know it from every angle."

Her smile was nostalgic, but the reminiscence softened her face.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amon on August 28th, 2010, 4:25 am

It was here and now that Amon noticed just how lovely Astrid was in person. She had the fiery hair of his people, but a kind and respectable demeanor about her that left him wanting more. She was beautiful, and Amon's pleasure at this fact was made apparent by his constant smile.

"So your father was an Endal?" He presumed, eyeing her once more, and taking note that this woman came from an honored family, no doubt. "That was very kind of him, not many experience the pleasure of flight... If you had dwelled in Wind Reach..." He trailed off, unsure if that was inappropriate or not.

He wanted to say "You would have made a fine Endal," but no, Astrid, from what he could tell, was a fine Captain. A fine role model for her people. He wouldn't want to persuade her to leave her station, if such negotiations were possible. Instead he turned and rubbed his temple.

"Now you rule over a fine Domain!" He proclaimed, "It'll be fun getting to know your people and locations of interest. Is there a touring option?"
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on August 28th, 2010, 3:50 pm

"I'm sure something can be arranged," she replied smoothly.

The question of her parentage was skilfully evaded. She was the child of an Enkal, and living in Wind Reach had never been an option. Not really. Denval needed a captain more than the Inarta needed another half-breed hanging around, even a half-breed with interesting and august parentage.

She was past bitterness now. No wind eagle would willingly stay away from the mountain for long, and she could not leave Denval for any significant amount of time. And so it went.

"It will all seem quaint, I suppose, coming from Skyinarta, but the Denvali are hospitable."
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amon on August 28th, 2010, 7:59 pm

Amon nodded, turning to shut the package up so as not to allow the fragile items inside to shift. At least the conversation had strayed from her parentage, he wouldn't want to have made her uncomfortable by any long shot.

"I can already see Denval is as hospitable as they came. Syliras was chaos, but here, it's quiet and close-knit." He smiled, "But I would like to warn you... my eagle companion--Sakima, he's quirky. I would hope no one would bother him in his brooding time. He likes his time to himself."

He figured he would warn her, should anyone decide to approach the eagle while his rider was not there.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Tabarnac on August 28th, 2010, 8:11 pm

"Your companion should be as comfortable as possible away from home in the Aerie. It is maintained by an Endal, and she should know how best to care for such creatures."

The Endal in question had lost her companion years and years ago, and, heartbroken, had made her home in Denval. But her skills revolved around the care of large birds of prey, and so her options were limited. Now at least she got to see her beloved birds from time to time. Astrid too was quite pleased with this arrangement as it allowed for the comfort of Inarta visitors.
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Amon on August 28th, 2010, 8:23 pm

"Thank you, it's must appreciated, Captain Astrid." Amon bowed to the woman before him then took the package in his arms once more. "Might you be so kind as to direct me to where I could drop these items off?" He inquired. He was itching to explore, and lugging a box around was becoming a bit tiresome. In all truth, Amon was beginning to reconsider this mailman's type of work, as he wasn't particularly enjoying the pain in the ass it was the majority of the time.

His objective now was to drop the package off, then enjoy himself as he saw fit.
Amon
Team One-Eye

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Next