[Riverfall Location] Valereig's Gem Shop

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Puck on August 9th, 2010, 4:16 am

Valereig's Gem Shop

Carved out of the second tier of Riverfall is Valereig's Gem Shop. While the proprietor is not always present, his wares are widely prized in Riverfall and are even heard of in the moving city of Endrykas. Wealthy traders that come by ship also often stop by the establishment to inquire about purchasing the shop's fine wares.

The outside of the structure is littered with crushed gems ingrained into its stone facade that shine brilliantly when the coastal sun hits their surface. A short stone path cuts its way through the well manicured lawn and up to the heavy wooden portal. Hanging above said door is a large sign with the name "Valereig's Gem Shop" inscribed in simple calligraphy. Six large windows ring the structure just below the roof line, allowing light to flood the interior for most of the day. The structure rests against the cliff side, though it does not extend into the stone itself.

Entering the shop provides the customer with a dazzling view of shelves upon shelves of glittering gems. Each gem rests in a silk lined case or rest to protect its surface from the harder material of the wood. A long, glass fronted display case and counter stretches across most of the square structure, splitting the shop down the center. A small stack of silk cloths rest at the end of the counter, so that the proprietor might set gems on the granite counter to show customers. In the middle of the room, behind the countertop, is high wooden work table littered with tools and apparatus' used by Jacinkto to create his wares. Hugging the left wall, also behind the display case, is a stairway that leads up to the loft that the proprietor or the shop calls home. The loft cuts off midway through the shop, and sports an elaborately carved banister stretching between supportive pillars.

At any point in time, Jacinkto is prone to going down to the Labor Aid and requesting an employee for a short duration while he takes a leave. This has caused some considerable grumbling among the council for his constant absence, but they have yet to find any real dip in the shop owner's profits, and nobody else is near as qualified as Jacinkto. Indeed, the jeweler's trips often result in him off handedly spreading word of his establishment to those he meets (that do not wish him harm).

Jacinkto Valereig :
Race: Akalak
Position: Jeweler
Skills: Jeweling 76; Lakan 28; Metalsmithing 20
Other: Jacinkto is a restless individual, as well as a homebody. His darker half, Efrev, is a very cloistered and private person. Given the chance, he would sit in the shop all day with his precious gems. He lacks social skills, and lashes out when he believes people are patronizing him. Jacinkto, on the other hand, is a rather optimistic soul. Often he finds himself wandering the city or surrounding area, or striking out deeper into the Sea of Grass. For this, Efrev often patronizes him though, and the pair will struggle for control until Jacinkto agrees to return to his work for a while.

NotePrice List forthcoming.
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Words: 143109
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Lynnea Timandre on February 29th, 2012, 8:11 pm

A warming breath of winter entered the shop with the woman, a coughed creak opening the door and allowing light refracted through crushed gemstones to steal within. A pale morning's light illuminated the shop through large windows, glimmering in the rare stones to be found within. But she crossed the room on determined feet, even as lingering glances were bestowed on Semele's grand bounty, set on glorious display. Masterful hands had carved them, shaped them, and breathed life into them; and only a glance was spared. White-blond hair, untamed, were pushed back forcefully to allow eyes of blued sapphire to gaze out across the counter, scaled white hands drumming impatiently across the wooden veneer.

"Hello?" Lynnea asked uncertainly. "Anyone home?"

The journey here had been quick, a practiced recruiter's handiwork bringing her this far reliably. Hard mossy stone had given way to pools of sun and water alike as the trip across Riverfall had deposited her near the cliff, in a small shop set within the bounds of the second tier. But Lynnea had not paid attention to the beautiful surroundings, crossed by magic and might alike, as she only had one goal in mind.

The gemcutter.

"Ja...Jacinkto?" Lynnea asked uncertainly, fumbling with the name. Her eyes rested briefly on the staircase before she asked again, louder now: "Is anyone home?"
Lynnea Timandre
Lost and broken.

Words: 27512
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on March 2nd, 2012, 6:18 pm

"Indeed. In the back. Come.. come... step behind the counter." He added, not caring if it was a customer or something else. He was, however, surprised when he looked up from his workbench and saw the Konti walk in. He was no stranger to detail too, so his eyes did a quick scan of her form and made several assumptions immediately.

"I'm Jacinkto. Come in... sit down. You can call me Jac."
He toed out a stool from a nearby bench and laid aside the tongs and gem he was holding. He pushed his eyepiece away and raised a brow. "Whats on your mind?" He asked, looking distinctly uncomfortable.

The backroom of the shop itself was filthy, cluttered, and looked like the owner took little pleasure in cleaning. The owner himself sported mussed up hair, a beard that was forming which was unusual for Akalaks, and appeared on unkept side of neat. But he was not otherwise threatening nor did his voice hold a gruffness or anger when he spoke.

Jacinkto was a restless individual, as well as a homebody. His darker half, Efrev, is a very cloistered and private person. Given the chance, he would sit in the shop all day with his precious gems. He lacks social skills, and lashes out when he believes people are patronizing him. Jacinkto, on the other hand, is a rather optimistic soul. Often he finds himself wandering the city or surrounding area, or striking out deeper into the Sea of Grass. For this, Efrev often patronizes him though, and the pair will struggle for control until Jacinkto agrees to return to his work for a while.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Lynnea Timandre on March 19th, 2012, 11:35 pm

The konti maiden, upon entering the back room, paused in a sudden movement that sent delicate white-blond locks sashaying forward, and then back. Lips pursed as she cast a glance about her filthy surroundings, but the very same glance was discarded a second later. Deftly avoiding the clutter of an avid gemcutter's life, she took a seat on one of the few seats available. She made sure to take the gemstone off the pedestal and set it to the side before she did so.

"Greetings, Jac. I'm sorry for my intrusion. It's just..." she paused. "I guess I should introduce myself first. My name is Lynnea Timandre. And I am here for a job."

She hurried on quickly, trying to get out all her words before the blue-skinned man could make a decision. "I have no experience in gemcutting, but I'm hardworking and willing to learn. Gems...I have always wanted to learn about them, how to shape and carve them, but I've never had the time."

"Would you teach me?"
Lynnea Timandre
Lost and broken.

Words: 27512
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets