[Bronze Woods] Archery Training (Kita Finley)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Postby Lookos on August 9th, 2010, 3:47 pm

The 8th of Summer

Kita had been staying with him for a few days. Lookos found that he loved the company of the kelvic. She was becoming quite a good friend in a very short period of time. Living in the woods required a lot of work in some ways. You had to provide all of your own food, you had to ward off wild animals, and you had to shelter from the elements.Though in some ways it was easier than living in the city. You don't have to worry about crime, and thieves, and you get a quiet, peaceful existence. These were the subjects that Lookos thought about while looking into the evening fire. He had just finished his meal, and was thinking about the last few days. Kita had helped him several times to catch game that otherwise would have evaded him. Even this morning she had shot a running deer that Lookos couldn't dream of hitting. "If I could shoot that well life would be a little easier, and I could better defend my camp. he thought to himself.Then turning to Kita he drew out of his thoughts "Kita would you be willing to take some time tomorrow, and teach me some better ways to shoot a longbow?"
Last edited by Lookos on August 11th, 2010, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lookos
Currently Retired

Lookos
The call of the wild

Words: 10737
Joined roleplay: July 18th, 2010, 5:20 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Kita on August 10th, 2010, 11:00 pm

The hunting with Lookos had gone quite well. Kita was surprised at the human's skills in hunting. She never knew that a creature that was not an animal could hunt well. Still, he was human and humans could never hunt as well as an animal. Animals knew the secrets of the earth that humans would never know.

The company of Lookos was actually was enjoyable for Kita. she was always so afraid of humans but she wasn't scared of Lookos. He was not like other humans he didn't destroy the forest like most humans would and most of all he did not try to capture her for her kelvic nature. He treated her like an equal instead of a lowly animal. It made her happy. She felt like she finally belonged somewhere. She closed her eyes and looked up at the sky. "Where ever you are brothers, I just want you to know that I am okay and taken care of." The thought made her smile.

Kita looked over at Lookos. He wanted her to teach him how to shoot a long bow. She was taken aback. A human asking a Kelvic for training? She had never heard of that ever happening. From her experience she had found that humans never asked for help, especially from Kelvics. Kita knew Lookos was different though. He understood animals in a way other humans did not. She smiled at her human companion "I would be honored to." She never thought a day would come where a human would ask her for help. The world truly was an ever changing place. "When ever you would like to train I will be happy to help."

The fire warmed Kita's skin as she peered into it. She recalled all the stories Tayn had told her about fire and how it could tell people things. She watched it whip around in the darkness throwing shadows across Lookos, and the dogs' faces. It was haunting but in a comfortable way. She had Lookos and the dogs' companionship. She felt on top of the world. She finally belonged.
As you walk through death's dark veil,
The cannon's thunder can't prevail,
And those who hunt thee down will fail,
And you will be my ain true love...
Kita
Foxy Lady

Words: 59174
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 10:17 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet