Wanting to get back in.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum you can find and share resources and advice for writing a post, novel or any other form of prose.

Wanting to get back in.

Postby Keyta on October 29th, 2013, 8:00 pm

I have role played here for a while, been a lot of leaving and returning which I would like to motivate myself to stop doing. I loved my kelvic and enjoyed the beginning of her story, but I am not certain I can continue playing as her considering that my bond-mate has retired and it would be odd for me to carry on only to be messing around in Mura. Now I am trying to decide if I should just keep her active and try to re-submerge myself into the world or if I should just make an all new character or not. I like the concepts of the Charoda and kelvics, but I like the look ideas for zith and even kontis a bit. If I were to make another kelvic, I am not sure if I would make it another bat, or perhaps a fox or a random cat like so many people have already done. Truly I am just trying to find inspiration, and I am looking for ideas to look forward to.
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Words: 122829
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2010, 11:33 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Peer Reviewer (1)

Wanting to get back in.

Postby Keyta on October 30th, 2013, 3:40 am

I'm pretty sure I want to either be a zith or a charoda most and just have a kelvic companion, but I also still love Keyta too much to totally abandon her, but I'm not sure what my options are with her, or if I can ever get pictures done as nicely as I do for her. Just seems like a lot of thought as gone into her to totally leave off, and I'm not sure if it is even possible to continue as her.
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Wanting to get back in.

Postby Taylani on October 30th, 2013, 3:52 am

You could always play that something happened to your Bond Keyta. It would be a very traumatic time for Keyta, but it would allow you to continue with Keyta. I am no expert on Kelvic race but I have threaded with several broken-bond Kelvic players.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Wanting to get back in.

Postby Keyta on October 30th, 2013, 2:14 pm

I suppose I could do that, I was just under the impression that when a kelvic made a bond it could not be broken, but I guess there is always a way to be imperfect. I'll have to start brain storming on that, but that does bring up a possibility to make Keyta go very dark, which would be a very interesting moment for her.
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Wanting to get back in.

Postby Taylani on October 30th, 2013, 3:06 pm

In the Kelvic Lore it states that the bond can be broken by a bondmate, often by visualizing the bond as a silver thread between the two and severing it. The bond is also broken when one partner dies.
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Wanting to get back in.

Postby Keyta on October 30th, 2013, 4:14 pm

Darker places here I come. lol
Well thank you very much for the thoughtful help, now I can continue with her and maybe make an alternate character when I gather my passion back.
Keyta
Silent and Observant

Character sheet
Peer Reviewer (1)

Wanting to get back in.

Postby Taylani on October 30th, 2013, 4:16 pm

Your very welcome. I know what it is like to really adore a character and not want to give them up. Welcome back :)
Taylani
Captivated

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Wanting to get back in.

Postby Quint Caravel on November 8th, 2013, 6:22 am

Keyta wrote:I have role played here for a while, been a lot of leaving and returning which I would like to motivate myself to stop doing.

I know exactly how you feel. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and things we need to stop doing. I need to stop eating desserts, for example.

As to the 'leaving and returning' syndrome, I have played on various sites. I am very new to Mizahar, but PbP is PbP. People leave because the mod quits or their friends leave, or they don't know what to do with their character next, or they fall behind on posts then feel guilty and walk away. Or some combination of the above.

There are two ways around that. 1) Find a character or character concept so interesting to you that you are always enthusiastic about it. 2) Promise yourself that at least once a week, say Monday at 11:00 PM, you'll do nothing but log onto Mizahar and write. Then make it two times a week....then three.

Unless you're dealing with some power-poster, that will be a fine schedule. Not too much to swamp you, and not too little so that you feel disconnected and rusty each time you sit down. And if you find yourself unable to keep it, that's a sign that you need to back to #1 and really find something you are honestly like a 4-year old having-a-sugar-rush enthusiastic about to write about.
Quint Caravel
Currently dreaming about you!

Words: 151579
Joined roleplay: November 5th, 2013, 5:46 am
Blog: View Blog (3)
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2