Closed [Ruby Clan] Answered Prayers (Waisana)

After discovering Lukyc's murderer, Issy tries to vent her anger in her knitting, but fails. She doesn't expect her spoken prayers to be answered

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

[Ruby Clan] Answered Prayers (Waisana)

Postby Isedan Autumnrun on November 1st, 2013, 5:50 pm

Timestamp: Fall 63rd, 513

Issy was furious. She worked at such a pace that she did not even notice the pricks of blood on her fingers that were staining the scarf she had been working on since earlier in the fall when Dastina hired her. The kelvic wore a look of such stricken rage that even Bensil did not come help when she began to knot the material.

Cotice had taken his sweet time after they’d left the revelry of drinking and gossiping , enjoying stripping her of her clothing and exploring her body with his rough hands before eventually taking her to the bedroll for proper addressing of his desires. And beneath him, she had seethed and glared, hoping in silence that perhaps he would break himself so that she would be relieved of him for a time and be let to leave long enough to quiet her temper. But he had not…and now, her body and heart exhausted, the shifter could not escape the apathetic apologies that that fool Oryani and her brother had tried.

They had killed him and all they could say was ‘I’m sorry’? Her heart thump-thudded loudly in her breast and Issy caught a stitch with the needle when it was pushed through improperly, and tore it. Dastina had been watching quietly from nearby when she had entered in her fit and began to work, the threads too tight, and now the scarf badly damaged. She had been doing so well, too! The seamstress got to her feet and went across the tent to take the material from the Autumnrun resident, speaking gently that she should walk it off and that Dastina would repair the damage so that she could resume when she returned.

Grumbling about it but not arguing too much, Issy got to her feet, brushed her palms down her blouse, and left the tent into the sunlight. She turned down the horse-printed path and moved along it between the tents, growling under her breath until she finally came to a bend where some crates had been stacked. Here, the woman stopped and went to sit upon one of the crates, leaning back against the pliable firmness of the tent and sighing in agitation. “This is ridiculous…why can I not just leave?”

The cool autumn wind billowed down the corridor of canvas and ropes and pulled at the woman’s clothing, making her turn her head to one side and close her eyes, hating the feel of it on her skin. “Because I do not even know where I am…how can these wretches live like this? Lost in this endless plain…” But that wasn’t even what she fretted over, what had torn the garment she had been knitting fervently away at all season. “I should like to make the girl lost, I think. Tit for tat and all that.” Her words were more for herself and not for others, so she was not prepared for anybody to be eavesdropping on her.

“Show her the pain of such loss…Hmph, ignorance, what an idiotic kit she is!” Issy rubbed her open palm across her stomach, the hard lump in her lower abdomen felt once more. “But then I would be all the worse off. I do not understand how these people know so much about all of this. It’s as if they have eyes and ears everywhere!” She had not been taught about the web other than to be told that she was part of it now, whatever that meant.

“Oh Tyveth…would that I had the strength to act out Justice on that stupid girl. But that is not your way. And here, among these horsemen and slavers, I feel forsaken. Lukyc was a good man, honorable and strong. But that bitch killed him and all I feel…all I feel is grief and rage. Can you not help me rise up again? Wysar, will you lend me your integrity that I may persevere? Knowing what happened now…” A sob hiccupped in her throat and the kelvic fell silent, a hand over her eyes and an arm draped across her belly.
Isedan Autumnrun
Player

Words: 97951
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 2:59 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Waisana on November 1st, 2013, 10:26 pm

It was nice to get out of the healing tents every once in awhile, especially when there was nothing for her to do. The healer wandered through the tent city, naturally manoeuvring around the ropes and stakes as she moved. She was wondering what to do with herself, trying to decide between just wandering the city or perhaps going to see her strider Drusine. It was tempting to go to see her horse as she didn't get to see the equine anywhere near as often as she ought to.

The healer caught snippets of conversation, muffled by the tents. There weren't too many people out and about though so no one really noticed Waisana as she paused to decide what she'd do. Standing in the maze of tents, she heard a voice close at hand. She hadn't meant to listen but whoever was talking was saying terrible things, as far as the girl was concerned anyway, so she found herself moving closer.

The person speaking was a woman and it was clear that she was talking to herself or rather she was praying aloud. The teen had no idea why she was asking for the things she was, but she listened intently as the woman continued to speak.

“Oh Tyveth…would that I had the strength to act out Justice on that stupid girl. But that is not your way. And here, among these horsemen and slavers, I feel forsaken. Lukyc was a good man, honorable and strong. But that bitch killed him and all I feel…all I feel is grief and rage. Can you not help me rise up again? Wysar, will you lend me your integrity that I may persevere? Knowing what happened now…”

The sound of sobbing and the woman's speech made the healer pity her deeply and before she knew what she was doing, Waisana had stepped into the woman's midst. She found herself reaching out towards the unfortunate woman, another captive as she spoke.

"It's okay, whatever it is, it's all right," she murmured to the woman in Common.
Last edited by Waisana on December 3rd, 2013, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Active threads: 2 of 5
2 Quest threads

Pavi | Grassland sign | Common | Speech of others

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Words: 363907
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 6:47 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Isedan Autumnrun on November 2nd, 2013, 2:53 am

The kelvic jerked sharply when someone came into sight and spoke, fluently even if it was brief, in Common words of sympathy and encouragement. She looked at the woman with a tear-heavy frown and wiped her nose against the side of her hand as she tried not to keep the woman's attention. It would make her weeping easier if she wasn't seen or heard. But then, how did you hide crying in a place with no insulated walls?

The thought made her laugh singularly. Then, a second time; and a third; until she was giggling in near hysteria, her hand pressed against her mouth in a vain attempt at containing the sounds. Between the noises, she tried to apologize, "I'm so-" More laughter "-sorry." And more laughter and broken words that would not make any sense as the woman devolved into sobs and tears once again, her hands covering her face in disgust. It took several chimes thereafter before the woman was able to breathe calmly and lower her hands from reddened eyes and tear-streaked cheeks.

She took a shaky breath and reclined against the tent wall, feeling it give a little against the pressure she put on it, but otherwise held its shape. The grey-gold eyes of the woman stared up at Waisana and tried to collect her thoughts into words. The cool breeze made her shiver and straighten off the tent again before she finally spoke.

"I'm sorry for that...it was just that you cannot possibly know what is happening and to claim that it is alright? Well that is just absurd." Again, her hands swept across her eyes to clear them and she took a shaky breath. "I'm not sitting on your boxes, am I? They looked far too comfortable to be left sitting around out here unclaimed by a needy rump."

OOCUgh, so short, sorry
Isedan Autumnrun
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Waisana on November 2nd, 2013, 5:28 pm

When the woman looked up her eyes filled with tears, Waisana wondered if her words had really been worth saying. Perhaps she would have been better off not interfering. She could have just quietly walked away and pretended that she hadn't heard anything but that wasn't in her nature to walk away from another person in need. As she watched the woman began to laugh hysterically and the teen wondered if the woman wouldn't have been better if she'd been left alone.

As she laughed herself silly, apologising as she did so, she began to sob more than before as well. The teen approached her wearily wondering if it was wise to try to comfort the captive or not. It might make her worse or she might become angry and violent so the girl was at a loss for what to do. Whatever had caused this silent sobbing session had obviously had a deep and devastating effect on her.

The healer considered leaving the woman alone with her grief (for that's what it seemed to be) but yet she remained rooted to the spot, unable to make herself move to abandon the poor unfortunate creature. After several chimes of listening to the sobs of the woman, Waisana had finally worked up the courage to try to comfort her when the woman looked up as she seemed to get her tears under control at last to speak to her.

"Uh no, they aren't my boxes," she replied slowly, watching the woman as if waiting for her to explode. After the emotional outburst she'd had, Waisana was amazed that the woman was now having a perfectly coherent conversation without shrieking. "Sorry for interrupting you...you were upset so I thought that I'd try to help. If you want me to go, I can but I just wanted to help. Sorry." 

The girl turned to leave, doubting that the woman would want her to stay after that.

2 Quest threads

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Isedan Autumnrun on December 1st, 2013, 2:45 pm

"Good." She replied, dry washing her hands on her lap. The other wanted to leave, and most of Issy agreed with that. She held her eyes on her lap, wary and waiting for solitude.

But before the other woman could fully leave, the kelvic got back up to her feet and reached for Waisana's hand, squeezing it if she managed to catch it. Her palm was slick compared to the others but only because she had been crying. "It is good to know someone speaks Common around here." She said, loosening her grip and finally withdrawing her hands. "I was beginning to fear no one would understand me. So few of these devils do..." She eventually trailed into silence and grabbed at her elbows.

"I am sorry if my melancholy bothered you, miss. I'm just wary." And wanting for things to return to what she once knew. This hell was too much for her.

oocTrying to get back into her personality; bare with me.
Isedan Autumnrun
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Waisana on December 6th, 2013, 1:42 am

The healer's departure was stopped as the woman's hand came out of nowhere to catch Waisana's. The woman squeezed it. Her hand slipped in the teen's, the skin wet with tears. It was clear that she did need some form of comfort and she now seemed to want the young Drykas to provide her with that support. Apparently she was glad to have found one among Waisana's people who could actually speak Common, something that made the girl smile reassuringly at her. The comment about them being devils made her smile falter as she stared at the stranger, filling up with hurt and confusion. How could the woman say such a thing? They weren't bad.

"But we aren't... we aren't..." she tried but the word wouldn't come out. "...Devils," she spat the word. She gazed at the woman that she had tried to help, wondering how she could be so insulting towards the girl's people. She could understand that not all of the captives had adjusted to their new lives well but that didn't give any of them the right to bad mouth the Drykas, especially not in front of her. That was Waisana's take on it anyway.

The captive's words made her shake her head. "I can't bear to see anyone suffer. If you need help with anything, or if there's anything that I can do for you then let me know. I won't do anything to you," she assured the woman. Although the young woman had insulted her and her people, Waisana was willing to help her. If there was some remedy for the young stranger's melancholy then she would kindly try to resolve the problem. If there was ready solution then the healer would have to implement it. Passing up the chance to help another was not her style.

"How can I help you? Please tell me," the girl asked, watching the woman closely.

2 Quest threads

Waisana
Gentle Horse Maiden

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Khida on July 12th, 2014, 11:01 pm

Isedan

Should you return, send me a PM and I'll release your grade.

Waisana

Skill Points
Intelligence +1
Investigation +1
Socialization +2
  • Isedan: alone and hurt
  • Isedan: views Drykas as devils

Notes

Not much to award here, as short as this got cut. I gave Intelligence for Waisana overhearing, and Investigation for trying to find out the problem.

As always, please PM me if you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade. Waisana, please edit your request to show this thread has been graded.
Spring threads: 2/5 .. | .. Season Goals .. | .. GradersMaxed skill: Observation.
Khida
Player

Words: 574944
Joined roleplay: April 14th, 2012, 11:14 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)