[Verified by Crosspatch] Somna Fern

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Somna Fern

Postby Somna Fern on November 8th, 2013, 1:27 am

Somna Fern

Appearance

Race: Symenesta
Birthday: 10th Day, Spring Season, 494 AV
Birthplace: Kalinor

Appearance: Somna has the pale complexion common to an early life in caves. Her hair is a blonde shade that almost seems white depending on lighting. The frame of her is small, even by the lithe standards of the Widows. Standing a mere five feet and four inches tall, her slight build and hollow bones bring her weight in under one hundred pounds. Her eyes are bright blue, and although seem childlike, there is a hint of determination and intelligence behind them.

Character Concept

Soma in a complex balance of duty and instinct. As a slave in a pleasure house, she finds her purpose in serving clients in what they might want or need. However, being a Symenestra means being a killer to Somna. With no outlet and a violent compulsion, her skills of massage turn toward giving pain as well as pleasure.

Character History

"How do I begin to tell this story? I was born in one of Kalinor's dimly lit caverns. My father, Virse was a trapper in the caves. He made a living selling meats and carapace to others in the city while Niss, my mother before you ask, spent her days as a seamstress. She passed when I was born, as I expect to pass someday when I am with child. I believe I was twelve years when my father decided to expand his hunting to creatures beyond the Kalinor walls. He felt I should learn the trade to be on the safe side, but life rarely works as we all hope it would.

It was the night of our second week tracking animals across woodlands. Today, I couldn't say exactly where. Father had been cooking a stew pot over a fire. It's funny how frail life tends to be. I didn't even realize the arrow had caught him until he was almost gone. I ran to hold him, but...well...it hardly matters. I can barely remember what his face looks like now. Redwood Mercenary Company. Just a bunch of glorified slavers that figured a child Widow would earn a fine price with a little work.

I screamed and cried as a sack was shoved down over my head and I was carried off to a dark place and put in chains. At first I didn't know who they were or what they wanted. Thankfully, being a Symenestra carried with it the weight that none of them would touch me like they had the other women they'd captured in the months that followed. I wasn't soiled in the same way. If I ended up with child and passed away, they lost any profit to be had. Instead, I was sold as quickly as I could be to a small pleasure house in Sunberth. The proprietor lacked basic knowledge about Symenestran reproduction, and assumed an exotic youngling would make his money back quickly. It was only with his clients he found the bad news.

I had started with minor debauched acts I would not want to speak of. Things that would ensure an end result in coin but not child birth. It hurt, I remember that. Terrible pain those first two years. It got to be less when Donovan realized how old I was. He claimed he was a businessman and not a monster. Just because he didn't care didn't mean malice. If you ask me, it's as good an excuse as any to have a change of heart in front of the other girls and a few customers.

Then it was books. Studies day in and day out. Mostly it was on the art of massage and anatomy of his most frequent of clients. Almost all were human, but there was the occasional warrior or mercenary of the blue-skins that stopped in. I made them feel good in a way the other girls could not. The following years were where I grew to accept this life as commonplace. I had no means to go home, and even if I returned to Kalinor, what would I be returning to? My blood was gone, and I was likely forgotten by so much time. I imagined it was a story much like those around me, and more the like than Donovan would ever publicly admit.

The position now is a bit nicer, though. I have structure and purpose. I make a modest living, which is better than some of the newer girls. Now I provide a sort of service to the people of Sunberth in a small way. Though...something tugs and nags at the back of my mind. I don't feel that I am supposed to be in this life, such as it is. My people hunt and stalk. My father was a skilled hunter of wild game. I sometimes wake with wild, fevered dreams of violence and, moreso, I find myself exhilarated by it.

There are other things I infer from the massage books. Although I can learn to relieve pain and ease the damage to knotted nerves, I am also learning that the process can be reversed. With proper jabs to specific places, my hands can some day take lives as well as spare them. It is a strange feeling, but one I don't intend to run from. At least, I don't intend to run from it yet."

Language

Fluent Language: Symenestra
Basic Language: Common

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Massage 30 SP 30 Competent
Unarmed 10 SP 10 Novice
Seduction 5 SP 5 Novice
Observation 5 SP 5 Novice
Acrobatics 10 RB, 0 SP 10 Novice

Lores

Lore of Akalak Anatomy
Lore of Human Anatomy

Possessions

1 Set of Clothing
-Simple Shirt
-Simple Pants
-Simple Undergarments
-Simple Cloak or Coat
-Simple Boots
1 Waterskin
1 Backpack which contains:
-Comb (Metal)
-Brush (Metal)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel
45 Gold Mizas

Heirloom: Glass Orb - (5sm)

Housing

House: An apartment in the Daggerhand territory.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Masseuse Kit -20gm 80gm
Grooming Kit -30gm 50gm
Llama Wool Cloak -5gm 45gm

Thread List

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic42197.html - Afternoon Delight

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic42518.html - Feeling Eyes Roaming Over
Somna Fern
Player

Words: 12605