Weren't you dead? (Adair Askara)

Shayna runs into Adair on her way back to the river.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This lazy agricultural settlement rests on the swampy shores of the Middle Suvan at the delta of The Kenash River. The River's slow moving bayou waters have bred a different sort of people - rugged, cultured, and somewhat violent. Sprawling plantations of tobacco and cotton grow on the outskirts of the swamp in the rich Cyphrus soils, while the city itself curls around the bayou and spawns decadence and sins of all sorts. Life is slower in Kenash, but the lack of pace is made up for in the excesses of food and flesh in a city where drinking, debauchery, gambling, slavery, and overbearing plantation families dominate the landscape.

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Shayna on January 13th, 2014, 7:10 am

As much as Shayna tried very hard to keep some form of propriety, it was very difficult with someone like Adair. She tried to keep herself a little apart from him mostly out of self preservation more then dislike. He was odd, and he never spoke to her like she was a child, a piece of furniture, or with the cold contempt that most of the other slaves treated her with. So it was that she couldn't help but occasionally flashing him a slight smile, or even once a chuckle.

"I didn't say slaves couldn't miss anyone.. I doubt even the most strictest of masters could demand a slave not feel something." Shayna interjected, one brow raising over her eye, causing the brand of the three pillars to raise on her cheek as well. "I only meant that I hadn't really gotten to get to know you well enough. Just.. that if I had the chance to then I could see myself missing you... " That sounded much better in her head when she thought it, but she didn't have better words to describe her thoughts on the subject.

She stopped at the river bank, she was always forever standing at the one bank or the other of this river. It was perhaps one of the biggest chafing aspect of being Mistress Katherine's slave, nothing ever changed. However she knew that all slaves started small and had to work their way up. "I am definitely not male...but how do you know I am not gay?" Of course Shayna herself didn't really know one way or the other. The choice wasn't hers really, her body was not her own so she could not risk it by having relations with other people. Those who did found themselves relegated to the breeding quarters for the duration of their confinement, the baby born a slave and a hindrance on the mother. How was she to work hard and further her owner's goals, and thus her own, with a baby. Not to mention the messiness of having a lover.

Shayna
Even slaves can prosper

Words: 204361
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 9:09 pm
Blog: View Blog (2)
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Adair Askara on January 13th, 2014, 7:26 pm

„I could give you the chance“, Adair offered. „We could meet whenever Katherine sends you into the city and talk, and then you could decide whether you would miss me when I’m dead or not. Slaves should be able to get to know people as well. So … how does that sound?“

Adair talked as if he wasn’t aware how risky, how impossible his suggestion was, as if he wasn’t aware of all the differences between dynasty members and slaves. His eyes shimmered brightly, and he talked with a smile on his face, but deep down he knew. Oh he knew.

He didn’t dwell on that slightly unpleasant matter though because he preferred to be in a happy mood. He stood with her at the river bank and looked at the water, wondering what was below his surface. He was always wondering about things that nobody else seemed to pay attention to.

Were there fish in the water? What did fish do all day? Did they speak with each other? Did they have their own fish language? Did they own slaves as well and dress in fancy … scales to impress each other?

As Shayna asked him how he knew that she was not gay, he abruptly stopped thinking about fish in fancy scales though and stared at her.

„Oh“, he made. „Right. You could be gay. So have you ever done you know what with Katherine? Is she a good kisser?“
Adair Askara
Player

Words: 35301
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 5:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shayna on January 13th, 2014, 7:55 pm

Shayna turns to look out more fully on the river, her arms crossing over her chest tightly not out of chilliness but simply from warding off emotions best left alone. His words tugged at her just a little, made her realize that her life was one of loneliness. That wasn't because she was a slave, slaves often became friends and were close to each other, but not Shayna. She was too leery of them, particularly after the incident with Cecily that had left her body scarred. But even before that, her aspirations to be more then just a field slave, to be an important slave to someone important lent itself to her holding herself away from other slaves.

"And how would you know when Mistress Katherine sends me out?" She turned back toward him, her hands rubbing the arms bared by the sleeveless blouse. "It is a good intent you have.. Adair. However illogical. Perhaps in a different life, or with a different Master, one who did not keep me in the gardens from sunrise to sunset." She shrugged, it was not a slave's place to question their lot in life, only to remain in it.

She did laugh, at his next comment. An honest to goodness laugh that she couldn't help but release. Sometimes his comments just tickled her in a way that few other things ever did. "Even if I had.. you know what... with Mistresss Katherine, it wouldn't make me gay. I am quite certain that there are more pleasure slaves that take no pleasure in the act with their owners then there are who genuinely do take pleasure. But in answer to your question no, I have never .. you know what.. and I don't think I am gay.." Shayna said the last thoughtfully, she hadn't really given the idea of whom she was attracted to more then a passing thought. Her body was not her own, so she wouldn't explore that venue.

Shayna
Even slaves can prosper

Character sheet

Postby Adair Askara on January 14th, 2014, 12:33 pm

„Oh“, Adair made as Shayna asked him he he would know when Katherine sent her out. „I hadn’t thought of that. There goes another one of my great plans. I can be really stupid sometimes.“ He looked embarrassed. “And illogical. I’m also illogicaI really hope that you’ll have a different master in your next life, one that actually lets you go somewhere else every now and then. No, I hope you’ll be free in your next life so that you know how much fun life can be!“

As she laughed, he laughed as if he found his own words funny, although the laughter soon made way to a rather thoughtful expression. „So Katherine’s brother might not let me share his bed every now and then because he’s interested in me, but for some strange and questionable reason that I probably don’t even want to know about?“

He looked really unhappy now. Of course he was aware that certain dynasty members took slaves – and freeborns and sometimes even other dynasty members – into their beds without any consideration for their feelings, but he preferred not to think about it too much. He didn’t think it was right.

All the people that were involved should enjoy themselves!

[b]“That’s sad“,
he remarked as she admitted that she had never been with anybody. “You must be terribly lonely sometimes if you’ve never loved anybody or been loved. I honestly hope that you’ll find somebody that cares about you some day. Everybody should have somebody to love.“
Adair Askara
Player

Words: 35301
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2013, 5:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shayna on January 17th, 2014, 6:07 am

Shayna shook her head a little at him, he was so exuberant that it was hard for her to remember herself and to keep herself a little aloof. The aloofness was a defense mechanism of course, if she let herself grow fond of someone then it would give both them and her Mistress another way to control her. While she didn't mind the control, she also didn't want to fool with the messiness of relationships as a slave.

"Your not illogical or stupid, just.. you lose sight sometimes that not everyone is as free with themselves as you are." She gave this mild admonishment with a smile to make it less like a criticism and more encouraging. "I hope in my next life I am the exact same. I know life as a slave, and I am good as a slave." She gave a little shiver as she looked up the river for a moment. "I can't imagine trying to learn everything all over again. There are drawbacks of being a slave but it isn't always so bad." Of course the scars on her back represented a major drawback, but the idea of trying to live on her own terrified her more then the idea of another whipping.

Her green eyes turned back towards him and she allowed a black brow to raise questioning. "Don't be sad M'L- Adair. Not everyone is destined to love, be rich or otherwise. Some of us are perfectly content with the lot that Lhex has given us. Then of course we have Nikali to help us."

Shayna
Even slaves can prosper

Character sheet

Postby Mythic on January 26th, 2014, 12:07 am

X

XP Award!

Name: Adair Askara

XP Award:

• Acrobatics +1
  • Observation +2
  • Socialization +5

Lore:
  • Acrobatics: Maintaining Balance
  • Zulaca: House of the Nuits
  • Shayna: Slave of Katherine Morealis
  • Shyana: Apparently not gay

Notes: I really love reading your character's dialogue. Adair sure is awesome :D. He's such a riot. Keep up the good work!

Name: Shayna

XP Award: Withheld
Lore: Withheld
Notes: Shayna, if you ever return to Mizahar please PM me and I will be happy to give you your grades!

Final Notes: Sorry this thread never got a chance to finish, but I gave what I could. As always, if you have any issues, questions or comments please don't hesitate to PM me.
X
x
Do not take lightly your hopes, your ideas, your fantasies. Let them grow. Nurture them. Then your wildest imaginings will soon trip the dream fantastic, soaring into the Wonderplane, and spreading into something altogether... magnificent. And perhaps you’ll see them again someday.

x

Moderated Threads: 2/3
Mythic
Trip the Dream Fantastic

Words: 29039
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2014, 3:03 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous