[Flashback] How Do You Say, Hello? [Ykala]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Amireh on August 14th, 2010, 5:46 pm

12th Winter, 507 AV
Halls of Avanthal, Evening

Pah! Blasted hag.

Such were the thoughts of the young Amireh Vistas. Left to wander the idle halls of Avanthal she was a creature of strangeness among the stone, clad in the unique fashions of her own design; a long, fine dress sat atop her torso, the silken material cut in all places above the chest in an effort to reveal as much dark, olive skin as possible. The only facet that kept the material clung to the girl's body was nothing more than the taunt and tight pull, twofold in design to both accentuate her features and prevent any unwanted exposure. Her lower torso was just as bereft as the top, the sides of her legs all but nude with material only falling in service to cover both the front and shaped backside, loose silk swaying in constant motion of seductive hips. Two, piercing blues eyes gazed out from beneath a tossed, messy style of hair, idle in their machinations with little more intent than to stare. Somehow through all of this the click-clatter of her boots on the rough flooring escaped her attention, the void of sound not usual within Amireh's mind.

Trying to keep me in. Tonight! Of all nights. What a bitch.

This place was so boring. Boring walls. Boring ceilings. Boring people. The Vani were musical, flamboyant, lively, they held such beauty in their art, carving life as it was. Everything they did was elegant, so full of purpose and meaning. Amireh hated it. At times she wanted to send the whole of the hold into the void, to tear the base apart brick by brick and cast the inhabitants out in the wilderness, just to stir things up. Such peace did no one any good. There was no chaos, no conflict, not with those giant bears walking around anyway - and what was worse, it was like the whole damn place was full of Knights. Big, fat, bear riding knights. With pointy objects. Amireh wanted to void them, too. And their mothers. Bah! She pushed such thoughts from her mind and continued her endless trek through the innards of her new 'home', this was supposed to be a happy occasion! It was her birthday, after all.

Nineteen years. How grand. Amireh felt old. Not like her hag of a guardian, no, but still enough so that the people here looked onto her like some kind of freak child. Not married? How dare she. Amireh almost spat at the thought of it. Marrying some disgusting, pig headed, hairy (ew.), ass of a man summoned a red hot rage within her very soul. She watched some of the older women - women her age, actually - fret day and night since she had arrived, all focused so much on their futures that they did not bother to live in the present. Stupid, gaudy idiots. With a melodramatic sigh, Amireh took a wide, uncaring turn around the upcoming corner, her attention so drawn away that she barely even found time to look ahead.
Amireh
Player

Words: 32712
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 8:22 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ykala on August 17th, 2010, 2:37 am

"... and for the rest of her days, she was alone, always watching the sea for her lover to come to her, as she promised. She waited an eternity for the kiss she so longed for, but he was slain in those frozen waters. The girl, as she vowed, never once smiled until her love returned. To this day, hundreds and hundreds of years later, she still hasn't giving a hint of happiness. The end." Ykala leaned back in her seat, there was a small gathering of people, men, women, and those surrounding Ykala, listening to, judging by their wide eyes and eager stares, a pretty good story. Ykala subconsciously lifted her hand to bat away a lingering bulk of curly brown hair, which bounced in defiance as it was tossed over her shoulder, a hint of sadness, sorrow, guilt all poured out from her eyes as she watched the children. The children too ignorant, to unscarred to realize the story was more than a story. It was about her, though many facts were altered (many stories were to make them exciting), her life was still told. The kids clapped without rhythm as the dispersed around the group of some several dozen people, mostly Vantha, though a few Kelvics were bound to be around here somewhere.

It was in the streets of Avanthal, a large fire, a bonfire actually, was burning, fighting away the cold for a small area, offering a warmth that the Vanthans neither required nor were accustomed to, but it was great for setting a storytelling mood, something the Vantha took great pride in. As Ykala leaned back, her story complete, and her heart still aching as always, she began to watch as three young me, probably no older than seventeen, got up and began dancing around the fire, a mocking 'tribal' styled dance for comic relief, and one that brought about said goal.

For most of them at least.

Ykala could only stare at the boys, she almost hated them for not being older, or perhaps for her not being their age again. She hated them, or maybe just hated the situation in general that they were still ripe and ready to wed as soon as they satisfied their partner's-to-be parents with carvings and other crafts. Ykala closed her eyes as she watched her lids dance with the fire, shining a dull orange and red as the fire licked up in intensity and randomly softened, only to return to normal once again. This place was both peaceful, yet cold. Not cold to the skin, not cold to the bone, but cold deeper down. Her heart felt frigid, iced over, cracked even. Weddings, marriage, children, it was all she could think about. A man in her arms, a pair of lips merged with hers.

Didn't every woman seek a lover?

Often Ykala would dream, a cozy home, not big, not small, not clean, not shamefully dirty, a husband, who was handsome of course, a golden eyed daughter and an emerald gazed son, twins perhaps. She couldn't help but form an upsetting smile as she replayed her desires once more in her head, the desires she often told herself she would forget, but never could. They tormented her, gave her hope that was so far from possibility that even she would not be fooled, and another hole would be drilled in her heart, her emotional stability. Sometimes Ykala wondered if there was anything else, at all, that could fill these pains of a loveless life. Maybe a Kelvic bondmate? She couldn't imagine her getting hitched to one, but a life as Icewatch wouldn't be too bad would it? Surely she would be bound to be single forever, but was that really so different from how she was now? Probably not. Being single forever almost seemed guaranteed, one way or another.

OOCSorry for the late reply, I didn't know you started a thread for us already.
Ykala
Unwanted

Words: 14491
Joined roleplay: August 9th, 2010, 2:32 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amireh on August 17th, 2010, 9:42 am

How delightful. Amireh stood apart from the fire, the flickering flames casting shadows onto her bosom like dancing demons. Her eyes were set on the shenanigans of the crowd, all of it somehow lost in her mind. None of these people held any interest. Sure, the dancing was humorous, she would admit, but there was no spark, nothing that separating this boys from the common stock. Mundane, unsavory sorts, Amireh was in no way amused. Nevertheless she gathered her poise and continued forward, passing from the connecting hall into the open room. She was quick to put on the charm. Her hips swaying, the young halfbreed mixed with the gathering, her eyes surveying those present with a strange mesh of green and blue, crystalline in clarity. Her attire was bound to draw more than a few stares. That was the point, after all. As a tease Amireh folded her arms under her chest as she walked, ensuring that her cleavage was well within sight as she moved, stopping for nothing more than a quick glance in the direction of a subtle spectator. Now this was a fun game.

But who was this? Intrigued, Amireh set her gaze on the form of a forlorn woman, one seemingly lost in her own agony. Recognition set in on the storyteller and the girl's lips curled into a sultry grin. Unlike the collection of young, Amireh possessed deeper insights into the ways of stories, and there was a hint of sadness in that tale. Lonely, was she? Perhaps every woman did seek a lover, but not in the way most would imagine. With mischievous designs the girl pushed aside the rest of her attentions and crossed the small distance to her target, sweeping up like a hungry predator. The soft shades of her irises shifted to a vibrant blue and she leaned over, her head popping up around Ykala from the side. Boo!

"Not joining the festivities, madam story teller?" Amireh's light soprano was like a song on the wind, seductive, sultry. Vain perhaps. "I could use a partner to dance with. Maybe get a few hearts pumping, hm?"

How spectacular. Amireh felt her own emotions rise, filled as she was with a sense of glee. This night might not be a waste. All the better. If she could find someone to waste the hours with, perhaps find a bed, then her quota of spite would be met for the day. Maybe then she would show that bitch of a woman there was no leash around her neck.
Amireh
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ykala on August 17th, 2010, 1:43 pm

Lost in thought, eyes still holding her world in a faintly orange glowing darkness. Her thoughts were attempts to find some sort of happiness in that miserable moment, the miserable moments seeming to dominate her life. In futile attempt and utter defeat, Ykala slowly opened her eyes, revealing once more the mockery dancing, which had grown slightly in numbers, and somebody's face absurdly close to hers. "Boo! Ykala's body shook lightly, a faint jump of surprise or shock, of course not fear, but she simply snuck up on Ykala. What was the point of that?

"Morwen's tears! You scared the breath out of me. I'm sorry, I was distracted and you just appeared." Ykala put her slim hand on her chest, above her moderately sized (not particularly large or small) breast, resting it over the place her heart was fluttering like a madman. That really shocked her. "Festivities?" Ykala looked around, though not looking far to drop loitering eyes on the fire. "Oh, of course. Me... I uh..." Ykala thought that for a moment. She knew she was upset, but why on Morwen's frozen earth would Ykala admit that to a stranger. Rumors weren't often targeted towards her, usually there were better stories, but Ykala couldn't escape them all. Why give someone else more ammunition. "I'm a little tired I guess. Didn't sleep well the past few days and I've been telling these children stories all night." Ykala smiled as she looked up at Amireh from her seat.

Then she looked quizzically at the woman as she asked her to dance? That was embarrassing. Ykala pondered it for a moment, she did need to try to have fun right? Dancing might just do that for her. She stood up and faced the woman. "I'm Ykala. I'm going to warn you, I'm not very good at dancing, so if you don't mind leading us away from the fire a little when we do, I would be forever in your debt." As much as the fire set the mood for joy and excitement, Ykala couldn't particularly say it would be too fun to be engulfed by it. She'd burned herself before, nothing delightful, and only imagined the actual flames would be worse. "Maybe you can teach me something? Be gentle though, I'm new to this."
Ykala
Unwanted

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amireh on August 17th, 2010, 2:32 pm

Amireh almost exploded. Her eyes lit up with a subtle humor, he soft mesh of colors flooding to a bright, exuberant green. This was what she was looking for. A hand extended and she placed her fingers over Ykala's chest, wrapping them about the thin palm and drawing the woman up from her chair. Amireh's movements were slow, deliberate, and sensual. The girl wore an ever-present smile, her eyes always just narrowed enough to be mischievous. And always there was an air, a peculiar feeling to the young woman; an arcane notion, something mystical. The issue of comfort never crossed her mind as she slipped in beside Ykala, their palms somehow matched against one another in a tight, yet gentle hold. What exactly was the intention? With Amireh ahead by only a single step she lead Ykala toward the fire, but she kept a small distance, pushing the behavior of the crowd far from her mind. When they stopped, the young woman took a few, slow steps forward and released her grasp on her companion, her body swaying with the flickering flames of the fire. In truth, she did not know the first thing about dancing.

"It's pleasuring to meet you, Ykala." The girl grinned with her sultry appeal. "You, love, looked like you needed some company, so who was I to deny such a request? C'mon, I'm sure the children will be just fine without you for a while." She winked and turned with a tight twist, the material of her dress sent about her thighs in a flurry of exposure. Any man would most likely be dead by now from the loss of blood to his head. A hand rose and she extended a single finger up over a shoulder, the digit hooking and beckoning for Ykala to follow. What a fun little game.

That same sway took Amireh's hips as she walked away from the fire and weaved her away into one of the branching hallways. She turned a corner and stepped aside, watching, and waiting, content to see just how her new 'friend' would react.
Amireh
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ykala on August 17th, 2010, 3:07 pm

Although a mixture of naturally tanned skin and the orange glow from the fire masked it very well, Ykala couldn't help but blush heavily. This woman was strange to be sure, aggressive even, not in a violent way of course, but in a friendly way. Maybe too friendly to be comfortable. Ykala, however being too afraid to start conflict, since she detests that, went along with it, ignoring the screaming body's reaction to pull away, sit back down, leave this exotic woman alone. Ykala's hand was lightly wrenched from her chest as she was pulled towards Amireh, towards the fire, and then she let her go?

Ykala giggled as she twirled, she, as expected, saw the various boys, many of which were more interested in sex than breathing, just stop and stare for a brief moment. Their clothing, however, was very different. Ykala was wearing fur, warm clothing, next to the fire it was too much, long stockings, and high boots. Nothing nearly as revealing. Perhaps that's why she wasn't married? No, that was ridiculous, she had suitors, it was mother... Ykala blinked, she had zoned out temporarily as she now watched as Amireh pulled away into the Hall, beckoning for her to follow. Ykala wouldn't lie, this was a little strange, but she wouldn't mind leaving this little fire party anyway, it would do her no good. Perhaps a friend to talk to good be beneficial.

She followed.

Stepping around the corner, Ykala nearly bumped heads with the woman, unaware she was right there waiting for her. She felt a little nervous sensation, butterflies was it called? She found herself wondering if this woman was safe. It was rare that you heard of unnecessary violence in Avanthal, but was it impossible? Of course not. "Well, I didn't exactly ask for company." Ykala shrugged as her head bobbed to the left, then smiled. "But yes, I suppose you're right. Life has been a little emotionally difficult for me." Talking, that's what girls did with each other right? Ykala hadn't particularly had friends in the past few years, she either avoided them or they avoided her, interesting changes those were.
Ykala
Unwanted

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Amireh on August 18th, 2010, 11:49 am

"Oh no." She started, still smiling that mischievous smile. "You did not ask with words, love. It was the forlorn longing, the dramatic sway of your chin." Amireh teased Ykala in what she found to be an amusing exchange. Emotions were so much fun to coax, to manipulate. And this woman was perfect. Curious enough to follow a whim yet withheld, proper, the sort of individual that Amireh found to be the most exciting in her ventures. To loosen one's tongue was one easy, but to draw out one's spirit was a league all its own. That was the game. The body was such a silly companion, instinctual, a shell that provided passage for the soul, one that if used properly made for so many opportunities. With such thoughts Amireh found her hands in a sweet embrace of her own self, one so tenderly placed on her hip while the other was wrapped about her waist in a gentle caress of her own skin. Such a strange woman.

A flick of her brow brought Amireh back to reality. Her eyes were half closed, drawn as they almost were into the emptiness of the void. How seductive the call of nothingness. With a start the girl turned around again, one hand reaching back to grasp Ykala's palm again in a physical beckon. She pulled, lightly, and started her graceful cant farther from the fire, from the people, her trek random in its designs about the empty halls. Night was so refreshing. Rarely did they come upon another soul and it took almost no time before Amireh was lost inside the twisting corridors and winding pathways. She had no idea where they wandered, but that was the intention. Foolish, perhaps, to take the older woman so far from her realms of comfort; what if she were prone to violence? To defend herself from assumed threats? Why, that would be just as exciting.

Where were they? The Warrens? Whatever. Drawn to a halt, the girl turned and set her gaze on Ykala, her eyes still amused, lit with a passionate fire. A deep, piercing green took sway over the shifting colors; a strange, foreign shift. The spirit was Varthan, sure, but why the queer array? A half-breed, perhaps. She raised her palm and intertwined her fingers with those of her companion's, her body then pushed in close, a little too close, while her lips hovered just beneath Ykala's nose. Maybe she was a little too friendly.

"I'm Amireh, by the way. Tell me your troubles, let's see if we can't resolve some of them, hm?" Even her breadth was sensual.
Amireh
Player

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Ykala on August 18th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Ykala smiled as Amireh spoke, she was surprised by the words. Who would have thought there were mind readers in Avanthal, not that she thought Amireh was literally such a thing, but to be able to know her so well just from a few seconds of staring, it was actually very impressive, very observing, a little eerie as well though. She couldn't particularly put a finger on the reason Amireh would pay so much attention to her though. What had Ykala done? Nothing, perhaps Amireh was just that kind of a person, gentle, caring, a little interesting with her motions and words, but just passionate about the state of others that she would reach out to a stranger to help. "You have read me like a book then. I guess the whole city must be able to know how I really am then, my fears, sorrows." Talking about such a thing though obviously upset her. Ykala's eyes slowly shifted to the floor as she finished, wanting to disappear from Taldera completely. It wouldn't be right to burden somebody else with her problems.

Ykala was somewhat surprised when her hand was taken into Amireh's grasp and she was pulled through the winding twisting corridors, she felt herself becoming nervous, but tried to calm herself with the idea that Amireh just wanted to talk in privacy, and since there were people out there, it made sense to hide themselves. Right? Whenever the young woman finally stopped, Ykala illogically felt a little relieved, as if she expected to be pulled through the corridors for eternity. She watched, her speech frozen in confusion and anxiety, the eyes, Vanthan eyes of course, shifting with color. Ykala new what that meant, emotional shifting, yet there was still something off about it, different, the half bloodness of course, but in that moment, Ykala was unable to figure this out, or think clearly at all. She found herself backed against the wall, lightly leaning against it as if it would collapse on them if she moved, or maybe it would collapse outwards and give her somewhere to flee. She felt the fingers, crossing with her own, caressing the grooves in between her knuckles, so gentle and soft. She closed her eyes, often she dreamed of this, never with a woman two inches shorter than her, but the feeling, being foreign, was both comforting, and terribly horrifying.

What should she say? 'Hello Amireh, hope you are having a good night, I think it's time for me to go back to the fire now?' Well, perhaps she should have, but she had a feeling this aggressive emotion, whatever it was. Ykala's own eyes, once opened, were no longer the standard golden yellow, but a glittering ruby violet color, passionate, embarrassed, scared to move, scared to stay, just scared. She wanted this, just to know what it felt like, to know what it was like to have someone kiss you, caress you, but she also wanted to be married to a man that would stand up for her, protect her, love her. The latter, however, already passed. Her chances of such a thing seemed out of the realm of possibility. Perhaps she should give into curiosity. Was it so bad?

Finally Ykala's trembling voice spoke. "Is this how you say 'Hello'?"
Ykala
Unwanted

Character sheet
Trailblazer (1)