[Flashback] How we start(complete)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Wilderness of Cyphrus is an endless sea of tall grass that rolls just like the oceans themselves. Geysers kiss the sky with their steamy breath, and mysterious craters create microworlds all their own. But above all danger lives here in the tall grass in the form of fierce wild creatures; elegant serpents that swim through the land like whales through the ocean and fierce packs of glassbeaks that hunt in packs which are only kept at bay by fires. Traverse it carefully, with a guide if possible, for those that venture alone endanger themselves in countless ways.

[Flashback] How we start(complete)

Postby Shadoran Neckrender on August 16th, 2010, 5:04 am

20th of Fall, 501 AV: Midnight.
Xy, Cyphrus, one of those caves.

Where to start... maybe Cyphrus, a cave... house of sorts. Two figures, one female the other larger and male, both obviously Ziths. The argument escalates, and a moment late the male lunges, slashing his claw once. The female stumbles back, the moonlight shining on her bloody face, five claw marks running down her cheek, staining her red hair brown. Her eyes are yellow, and dilated, narrowing as she bares her fangs. Quickly, she picks herself up, facing the larger Zith.
"I am not a child father, this evening’s kill proves it... If you don't respect that, well... DIE THEN!!!!!"
And then the female Zith was gone, her wings flapping slowly as she drifted away, the necessities from the hunt clutched to her chest, along with a single short sword, marked with five gashes on each side and a old worn hilt made of silver, a single ruby tipping the handle.

20th of Fall 509 AV: Midnight
Sea of grass

That was then, this is now. The same Zith, her wings flapping lazily as she loops around, readying herself for a hunt, any hunt. A zith with no slaves, a Zith with no position. Wrapping the leather jacket, stolen from a shop some years back, along with more of these clothes. worn around a bag, a leather pouch on a sling. In it, the harness and the original supplies, along with food and more. Over the past years she has killed many and travelled far, always killing for a price in the towns, and killing for free in the wild. They called her Neckrender, but yet a feeling of discontent lay in her Neckrender was good, but how about a first name, she would find someone, and ask, and then that person would be her slave, yes. That's what she would do.
Days passed, and the moon rose again, as Neckrender settled down in a make shift tent, hastily assemble out of leather. Then the Inarta came, that single tall man, with short red hair and golden eyes, a bow slung across his back. Neckrender listened, the heartbeat that was important. She had no plan on killing this one, unlike what the bones in the tent suggested. She had been peckish that's all, she hadn't meant to kill the poor man the last round. She sighed, he was nervous, he probably came to investigate the disappearances in the area. She got up, the tent collapsing around her as the smell of wet leather reached her nose, She spread her wings and rose into the air, before pushing her wings backwards, the wind rushing past as she began the ascent into the sky, circling the inarta.
As she circled him once, twice, Neckrender became aware of his increasing nervousness. It was now or never. She arced down, reaching him within seconds as she pinned him to the ground, her claws raking deep gashes upon his abdomen, ripping his bow off his back, she bared her teeth, and held him down, growling, only faintly aware of his screams.
"Why me!!! Please don't eat me, they paid me to go down to find out."
She leaned closer to his face, until he could smell the blood on her lips. Then , in a tender whisper of common she voiced.
"What is your name..."
The Inarta's eyes widened in terror, as he muttered under his breath. Neckrender tried again
"Your name, or my nails go through your skull."
The Inarta gulped and managed a strangled
"Reafling... please don't eat me"
Neckrender smiled, as she leaned closer, whispering in his ear.
"Reafling, tell me my name."
Reafling whimpered, as he let out a timid
"I don't know."
Neckrender leaned closer, this time hissing
"Make one up you idiot, if i don't like it you'll eat your own guts."
He stuttered quickly in response.
"Sha... Shadow...Shadoran."
Neckrender licked her lips, repeating the name.
"Shadoran... Shadoran Neckrender. Get up Reafling, your in luck, i like it."
With that, she leaped of Reafling, pulling him to the ground.
"Where are you from."
He looked into her yellow eyes, and seeing only the hundred ways he could die, quickly stated
"Windreach..."
Shadoran smiled, as she repeated the word again, savoring every syllable
"In that case Reafling, you are going to show me, Shadoran Neckrender, the way to windreach... No, more than that, you're going to follow me up there."
Reafling gulped, and stepped backwards, before doubling over in pain. In his fright he had forgotten about those bloody gashes she had given him. As he struggled up, She was by his side, hauling him up as she dragged him to the tent.
"You're not dying on me Reafling, after all, you are my property now..."
Shadoran Neckrender
The Shadow Mistress

Words: 10008
Joined roleplay: August 15th, 2010, 8:26 am
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets