Aran's Journal

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to start IC Journaling in this forum. Each character is allowed threads here where they can store notes they learn IC, facts, or even talk about their feelings and inner thoughts. Journals don't need to be in written form, they be anything you as a player thinks suits the personality of the Characte.r

Aran's Journal

Postby Aran Windblown on November 27th, 2013, 1:27 am

Will be using this to help Aran work through some more internal problems that are better sorted out through writing than threading.
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
Aran Windblown
Player

Words: 41102
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Aran's Journal

Postby Aran Windblown on November 29th, 2013, 1:07 pm

32 Spring, 500AV

A Strider chose me last night. Honestly, I'm still in shock. Part of that may be because of the method which Anyalvis decided was appropriate to approach me with, but I think it's partly because I'm the youngest in my Pavilion; even my father, Sirot, wasn't bonded at almost twelve years old.

Anyalvis is gorgeous, for a yearling. Still has those long limbs, but his shoulders and hindquarters suggest that he'll grow to be a tall, broad Strider with good stamina, speed, and strength. I have no doubt that one day, he may be the best Strider in all of the Amethyst Clan; perhaps I can use him one day to breed better Striders for future generations.

He's a claybank colt, completely solid. There's not a speck of white on him. I think I'm going to have a heck of a time gentling him, though, if the way he chose me is anything to go by.

He decided to approach me while we were all sleeping; in the middle of the night, he left his herd. I was only aware of this when I heard something snorting and huffing on the other side of the tent wall. I slipped from my bed, and crept to the entrance to our tent; as soon as I stuck my head out, Anyalvis licked me. I will only ever admit here that I screamed like a little girl when he did so; in my defense, it was pitch-black, and he is surprisingly light on his feet.

My yell woke my father and mother, who both lit lamps and came to see what was the matter, and my father laughed when he saw me sitting there with Anyalvis at my side-- he said my hair was all stuck to one side of my face from sleep and Anyalvis's lick.

Anyalvis is a cheeky colt, but I love him already. The day after he chose me, I received my Windmarks; the artist prayed to the gods, asking to be shown the design to be etched into my skin, and after several moments, she started. My Windmarks start just below my left ear, and from what I can see, they spill down, like the waterfall that divides Riverfall that I've heard others describe, over my left shoulder and spread down past my elbow, and also across my shoulder blades. Some of the peaks and swirls of the dark ink curl around my ribs, and they stop in the small of my back.

I can only pray to all of the gods that I can be a Drykas worthy of him and my Windmarks.
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

School and family have been very busy lately; as such, while I am trying to keep up with Mizahar, my muse is feeling very finicky. I will reply ASAP.
Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Aran's Journal

Postby Aran Windblown on November 29th, 2013, 1:12 pm

66 Spring, 501AV

I rode Anyalvis for the first time today! After weeks of working with him, I finally got to ride him! I still can't believe it; it seems like it was taking forever just to get him used to the yvas and blanket. But it all paid off; riding Anyalvis is like nothing I've ever felt or experienced before. We rode for nearly an hour today, going through all of the basics, and while there were some hiccups, Anyalvis seems to have an instinctual grasp of what I want from him. Either that, or it's the bond that Drykas and their Striders share, plus my father's training; he used to let me ride Kiran all of the time, before I had a Strider of my own.

I can't wait to continue riding and working with Anyalvis.
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Aran's Journal

Postby Aran Windblown on December 2nd, 2013, 6:27 pm

38 Summer, 503AV

I can't believe I was so stupid. Father trusted me to go out and spend some time tracking and maybe hunting by myself, and I manage to find an ambush of glassbeaks. I do no care for the fact that I could have been hurt-- I care about the fact that my rash actions caused injury to Anyalvis. The injuries are not serious, but the will scar, so that all will know that Anyalvis's rider is a brash young Drykas who cannot even recognize glassbeak tracks.

I feel so terrible; I'm still shaking. If Anyalvis had been any more badly injured-- I don't know what I would have done. I cannot imagine living without Anyalvis; he is my everything. My closest and most trusted friend. I don't think I will ever come to trst anyone as I trust Anyalvis. If he were gone-- even if another Strider chose me, it would not be the same.

I must be more careful in the future.
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Aran's Journal

Postby Aran Windblown on December 2nd, 2013, 6:28 pm

45 Fall 513 AV

I met a Diamond Drykas today; her name is Nhadia. She helped teach me to shoot my longbow; she seems like an interesting young woman. Perhaps I'll seek her out one day. But for now-- I don't want to be tied down. I like being free.
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Aran's Journal

Postby Aran Windblown on December 2nd, 2013, 6:47 pm

89 Fall, 513AV

I... bought a slave today.

Father and Mother-- well, more Mother, although Father certainly made it clear he supported her-- have been nagging me lately, telling me that as the eldest of my father's two children, it is my duty to provide children first. I told them I would not have children before I was ready, and they offered me a choice: Marry a woman they picked for me, or buy a slave to bear my children. The slave, they argued, could be sold after she had served her purpose.

I chose the slave option; I believe I will be a good master. At the most, I just need one child from her; then, I will release her, if she wishes to stay in Endrykas, or help her back to wherever she wishes to go.

Unfortunately, it seems that the gods have decreed that nothing will be easy for me; my slave, Kaiphur, believes herself to be a man born into the wrong body. While she believes this is the whole truth, I suspect it is nothing more than a ploy to avoid bearing my child. Honestly, I can't blame her. I can provide her with food, shelter, and a protector; but still, this is nothing like what the Akalaks offer their women, those who choose to be paid to bear children for the warriors.

Kaiphur... I like her already. She is spirited, although she hides it. I can't help but wonder if perhaps, she acts like that because what she claims is true, and she made the mistake of telling someone who abused her-- him? But if that is the case, then why would she-- he-- she trust me not to react the same? I doubt she could somehow sense that I wouldn't abuse her, not because of that, at any rate. I have often been told that my demeanor could frighten off the largest flock of glassbeaks Cyphrus could offer. It doesn't make any sense.

Regardless, I cannot allow myself to be swayed by this argument; I need a child. Not only for my parents, but I have found myself longing for one lately; many Drykas men have purchased women for this purpose, and they seem happy enough. I heard that Fallon even fell in love with his woman, and she seems to be open to reciprocating those feelings, if she doesn't already. I cannot imagine that Kaiphur and I would ever fall into the same situation; if anything, I may end up having to force Kaiphur. The thought is extremely distasteful, but... But I must do what must be done; I need a child, and I bought Kaiphur for that purpose; I cannot spare the mizas to simply release her.

I pray that Eyris will help me to know how to handle this; to grant me the knowledge of how to become Kaiphur's friend, so that, perhaps she will do me this one favor.
"Pavi"
"Common"
"Tukant"

Aran Windblown
Player

Character sheet
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes