Closed Bread Crumbs, and Musings [Shiyami]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Stretching northward along the coastline of the Suvan Sea, the Cobalt Mountains are the home of the Bronze Wood, numerous ruins, and creatures both strange and fantastical.

Bread Crumbs, and Musings [Shiyami]

Postby Rodistair on December 2nd, 2013, 7:27 am

Winter 1, 513

Rodistair had spent the chill day outside of the city walls, some business had called his patron in the early morning bells. The young squire had been ordered to do something productive with his day, but the events of the last 2 seasons weighed heavily on the squire, and for one single day he had lost his drive, his desire to be in the city, to be among the knights. The knights… they were strong, they seemed to take anything the world threw at them in stride. To take life by its vicious horns, and come out with a grin. Was that a learned trait that the knights carried? Was it something they were born with? As Rodistair walked out of the gates with a nod to the gate guards, he was already lost in his thought, and soon he would be lost in the Bronze Woods.

The young squire walked as the sun rose, and the frigid winter air was beaten back by the golden rays, and the thick grey fog that rolled off of the sea every morning slowly receded. The boy barely noticed, though the sun had warmed him through his cloak, and thick winter clothes. His feet continued to move, almost like they knew where they wanted to go, without direction of his head. He let them lead, as he thought on what he had learned in his short time as a squire. He reached down to his belt, to place his had on his sword, a simple longsword of steel fastened under his cloak. He had elected to not wear his armor, the weight would have been annoying in his simple, and short walk.

Lost in thought, he hadn’t kept track of where he was, and as he slowly climbed a hill, in surrounded by trees, he realized it was almost dark. The setting sun was losing the fight with the frosty air, and rolling fog. And as the wintry air permeated the squire, he let out a soft swear. And even though he could see the city in the distance from atop the hill, he knew he could never make it there before the wood was completely black, He cursed himself louder, then sighed, ‘petch it’. It was going to be a long, chilly walk back, and there was no sense in delaying what was sure to be a terrible and sour night.
Last edited by Rodistair on December 9th, 2013, 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rodistair
Player

Words: 25059
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2013, 7:53 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on December 5th, 2013, 7:05 pm

The Bronze Woods. Such a great place to be during the night, especially for unsuspecting citizens wandering about in the dark of the night. High entertainment valley, in a certain ghost's eye. Shiyami was floating around the Bronze Woods out of boredom, when the flash of movement caught his attention. 

Originally, the ghost was going to just follow the human, attempting to perhaps lead him deeper into the forest with several well placed rustling of bushes, when he had a sudden idea. I might as well practice aiming at a moving target., Shiyami thought. And with that, he took a short detour, towards where he left his box, filled with daggers. Dragging the box with him, he moved towards the last place he saw the human. After finding him nearby, Shiyami set his little...'game', into motion. Letting go of the box -which kept rustling the bushes and grass during the movement-, he took out one of the numerous daggers from his cache, and deliberately aimed at the tree closest to the man. The dagger sunk into the bark, with a resounding thud.
Shiyami
See if I have given you a nickname here!
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Words: 125205
Joined roleplay: July 14th, 2013, 3:29 am
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rodistair on December 6th, 2013, 5:00 am

Rodistair had been listening to the rustling for nearly a bell, each noise disheartened the squire, and each time he sped his pace towards the direction the city lay. He gripped his sword’s hilt, the worn leather grip was comforting, the weight of it reassured the boy, and time he passed where a noise came from he drew the sword out a little more. The rustling was following the squire now, he could feel it getting closer, the slow certainty of something bad about to happen.

When the dagger sunk into a tree, near the squire, he rolled, expecting a follow up attack, when he came out of the tumble, his sword was in his hand, he stared behind him, waiting for the assialent to reveal itself, or make another attack. But the thick dark made seeing too deep into the woods impossible. He stood his ground, his sword at the ready.
Rodistair
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on December 9th, 2013, 6:22 am

Haha! He didn't just flinched, he recoiled! Hahahaha!, Shiyami laughed mentally, as he watched his prey. It took a sizable amount of self control to keep his laughter from becoming voiced, but that did not stop a grin forming. A grin, befitting of a hunter sizing up their game. No, more like an animal holding another animal between it's paws, at it's mercy. "Let the games, begin!", he whispered quietly to himself, before taking a dagger, and throwing it directly at the man's sword. 

If the man moved his sword before impact, the dagger would fly by his left, nearly impaling him, provided the man did not move and place himself in harms way. That would just end the game to quickly, and thereby leaving Shiyami's boredom unstated. If the man didn't move the sword, the dagger would clash with the blade, creating a loud noise one might here from the blacksmith. The sound of steel hitting steel. Where the dagger would ricochet too, would be up to fate.

However, it wasn't over. The moment he had let go of the first dagger, Shiyami was already pulling out a second, and throwing it at the tree behind the man, about two inches above the head, the dagger sinking into the heavy oak with the now familiar thud. Even with the second dagger flying, the ghost decided to push the game, and drew out a third dagger, and proceeded to send it into the earth, a foot in front of the man's most forefront foot. All these strikes were nonlethal, and would cause no injuries, if the human stayed still. Which was generally highly unlikely, considering survival instinct tells one to move when under attack from a range.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rodistair on December 9th, 2013, 6:49 am

The next wave of attacks came without any sound, no warnings, no demands, nothing. Rodistair felt his will falter, he didn’t understand why this attack was occurring, he couldn’t seem to find where the assailent was, or who it was, or even how many attackers lay hidden in the woods. He caught the glint of a dagger just as it struck his sword, he was able to keep it from continuing its mortally fatal path towards his core, but it still struck the squire in the side, digging its point across his right side. He rolled backwards grasping the wound, he could feel his warm blood running slowly down his hand in the cold, it wasn’t fatal, but it hurt like an heir of a dog.

He staggered back up, and bolted in the direction he assumed his home city, he hold his wound, and the blood strangely kept his hand warm, until it was whisked away by the winter wind. He didn’t fully understand what was going on, but he had to get back to the city, that was all that mattered right now- he would not die out in the woods, to a nameless foe or foes.
Rodistair
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on December 12th, 2013, 3:18 am

Shiyami frowned, as he watched the man clutch his right arm in pain, watched as the blood flowed between the fingers. it seemed that the man was more trained ten he first expected, as he didn't move much at first, only choosing to deflect the dagger from his core. I wasn't aiming at your heart, I was aiming at your sword..., he mentally sighed. His eye stayed on the man, which widened as the man bolted in the direction of Stormhold Castle. "Tch.", the ghost clicked his tongue, before deciding to speak to the man. 

"My, my. Running already? Why not stay, stay and hunt? Don't tell me, that the hunter has become the hunted?", were the words called out, in such a tone that seems to give off the impression that a shadow of a being was speaking. Which, when one thinks about it, is much closer to the truth then at first glance.

before throwing daggers at the man's feet, two in total. First one he threw between the man's legs. The second he threw towards the man's right heel, in an attempt to scratch the vital tendon of said heel, thereby preventing the quick escape the human seemed to be hoping for. So far, one dagger used to start the 'game', three for the first strike, and now two in an attempt to stop the man. Six daggers used in total, which would mean he would have fourteen daggers remaining in his box. Wait, I exchanged two daggers for the knowledge of Spiritism. So it would be twelve daggers. I would be required to reuse daggers sooner or later..., Shiyami thought, pondering over multiple course of actions after the man's ability to move was severely dampened.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rodistair on December 13th, 2013, 5:03 am

The young squire ignored the taunting voice, he didn’t have time to play games with would be assassins, and he hoped the knights at the gate would burn down the forest to clear out these murderers. He didn’t have much time, as he felt a dagger clip his right leg, sending burning pain as it bit into the tendon. He growled in anger, as he rolled, losing his forward momentum.

He limped to his feet, spitting several choice curses into the dark. He raised his sword, limping back towards where the dagger was sent from. “Alright, you petching petcher. Show yourself, damnit!” he roared out into the woods, shivering as the cold winter night began to pierce his cloak, or maybe it was the loss of blood.
Rodistair
Player

Character sheet

Postby Shiyami on December 22nd, 2013, 12:58 am

OOCSorry for long delay. Oh, and he is in his original appearance currently.

My, my. What a stubborn human. Though he has seemingly sub-par capabilities, I give him credit for effort and willpower.. Shiyami gave a sigh of resignation right after those thoughts cleared his mind. At this rate, if he continued his 'game' of the sort, the man's body would, without a doubt, be in a serious condition. Deciding to just stop the game entirely, and come out clean, Shiyami let his hold over another dagger, allowing to drop to his feet with a dull thud, next to the box where it originated from.

The ghost floated out from behind the cover of the veil of darkness casted by the trees and lowering sun. Once Shiyami was certain the man could see him, he stopped. "I do suggest sheathing that blade of yours, as it would be rather ineffective against one such as myself.", he called out, before moving his gaze towards the man's injured arm, and then towards the damaged tendon. 

"My apologies. It seems that my tendency to cause trouble to alleviate my boredom has become a major problem for you.", he continued, after waiting about half a chime from his previous statement. While waiting for the man's response, Shiyami continued to shift his eye, alternating between staring at the injuries, and gauging the man's complexion.
Shiyami
Click me please~!
Shiyami
Death's Shadow

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes