Closed Talk of Dreams and Nightmares (Turrin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Talk of Dreams and Nightmares (Turrin)

Postby Syveris on December 18th, 2013, 1:12 pm

9th of Winter, 513 AV

The Avora stomped away from the Arms Gallery, wanting to cry again. Syveris had wanted to cry too much this season for her liking, and it was only the beginning. However, she couldn't really help it. Very few blacksmiths (usually the older ones) didn't look at her like she was a caged animal ready to strike, and even those who didn't weren't exactly kind. She was tired of being shunned down, and she was stressed by all this accusation glances that followed her no matter where she went.

The Deep Warrens exploration the day before had been a complete failure, and Syveris could almost feel the stinking smell on her skin and hair, although she was sure it was gone by now, since she had scrubbed herself clean until her skin seemed raw. But she still couldn't feel most smells, and it was incredible annoying. The Avora didn't want to see a fungi ever again. And all of that was for nothing. Or almost nothing. She was hoping Zulrav's Priest would listen to what she had to say.

Shaking her head, Syveris tried to think of better things, but except for the small falcon chick that gratefully had hatched, there weren't better things to think about. Winter was being a complete failure on her eyes, and she truly wanted it to be over soon. To complete her annoyance, there was another Inarta following her. Well, at least wasn't the same one that had 'kept her company' on her trip to the Deep Warrens. Syveris didn't know if it was because her request had been heard, but right then, she didn't care.

When she stomped past the Second Quiver, she stopped, thinking. Archery had never been a very huge interest of hers, but maybe seeing people shoot would take her head out of other things and, if they were focused on shooting, they wouldn't be focused on her. Which meant no annoyed or horrified looks, and she would even be able to enjoy a little company. The Avora blushed, ashamed that she was going that far just to be in the same room as others, but that wasn't many other options right then.

The idea seemed appealing enough, though, and Syveris entered the Avora Archery Range, careful to keep herself near the entrance and away from the shooting wall, so she would cause any trouble. She leaned against the wall, watching as a few Avora archers shot their arrows at the targets. After a few shots, it was still boring to only look, but Syveris didn't know how to shoot and the last thing she wanted was to ask someone to taught her, specially since no one there would believe in her either. However, she was still hidden from them, and this meant she could be in peace.

"What are you doing?" or not. Syveris sighed, before straightening up and searching for the voice. An Avora, probably a hunter, approached her. "If you are not here to train, leave and go do something useful for..." he interrupted himself, abruptly, and leaned forward to get a better look at her face. His angry expression quickly turned into a sneer. "What are you doing here? You are not a hunter nor an archer, are you? What do you think you're doing?"

"I..." what could she say, really? Would anything be actually useful? She knew that she shouldn't be sitting around doing nothing, but she needed it. "I'm waiting..." she interrupted herself. If the Avora said she was waiting for someone, and no one showed up, she would get in trouble. Yes, they were both Avora, but the hunter hold certainly much more status than her, right then. Syveris looked around, feeling lost. Maybe she should just leave to her room already. She didn't even know why she had come to the Second Quiver anymore.
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Words: 334020
Joined roleplay: September 1st, 2013, 2:25 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Turrin on December 24th, 2013, 5:59 am

Pulling the arrow from his quiver, Turrin placed the arrow on the bowstring and held the shaft the arrow in between the middle and the pointer finger. Making sure the heels of his boots were parallel to the target, Turrin lifted his short bow and lined the metal tip of the arrow up with the center of target. Pulling back the bowstring to his cheek, he took a deep breath and released the bowstring. The Endal watched the arrow streak toward the target, and it hit the second ring from the bulls eye. Smiling to himself, Turrin reached for another arrow, but he stopped in mid motion when he saw Syveris leaning up against the wall. The Endal smiled at the sight of her, but it faded as soon as he saw the Avora hunter stalking toward her with a look of anger on his face.

Turrin was assigned to patrol the inner warrens looking for riffraff and keep the peace when the famine laws were introduced on the city. The Endal knew closing the entertainment venues were a bad decision because it left the Inarta with no place to vent or relieve their frustration, so the upper castes took their frustration on the weak, foreigners, or lower castes. However, the lower caste took it upon themselves to grow a backbone to rebel against the upper castes, so the Endal had to break up conflicts all over the city. Turrin was stressed beyond belief because in the span of a couple days, he had to deal with a food thief pulling a knife on him in the Darvina Apartments. The man lost his hand for his mistake, but the Cheit and Dek have been getting more and more aggressive as the food and season starts to dwindle.

When Turrin saw the man approach Syveris, the Endal set aside his bow and started to walk down to intercept the man. The half-Myrian saw Syveris lift her head as the man asked his first question that Turrin didn't hear, but he was close enough to catch the last part, What are you doing here? Turrin's eyes burned with anger since he knew that the Avora hunter was referring too that petching god Zulrav and him singling out Syveris. Clenching his fist in anger, he reached the man when Syveris hesitantly answered his question. Reaching out with his left hand, Turrin used his strength to turn the man around to face him, but with all his might and anger, the Endal put his hand in the middle of his chest and pushed him forward and slammed the Avora up against the wall. Feeling his Myrian side thirst for battle, Turrin unconsciously felt a smirk form on his face as he looked down into the man's green eyes and thought to himself.

Come on barbarian! Give me a excuse to shame you in front of your peers!

The Avora stared at the large Endal with wide eyes and asked in a near panic, “I...I didn't do anything! I was just asking her reason for being here. She is no a hunter.”

His large hand still pressing the Avora up against the wall, Turrin narrowed his eyes and growled, “Who the hai are you to question actions of another Avora....Avora. She has every right to be here as much as your sorry arse does!”

The freckled man shot a look at Syveris, back to Turrin, and said quickly, “Listen...she is one of those Despised the god Zulrav named her as one, so why...”

Turrin narrowed his eyes and spat, “Are you a god, Avora?”

“No”

“No! If you are not a god than why don't you stop acting like you understand the will of the gods,” Turrin paused and his voice boiled with pure rage, “If she is a despised than I will gladly stand next to her at her execution, so Zulrav knows that he made a mistake when he executed two innocent people that day!”

The Avora hunter just stared at him wide eyed because Turrin was about inches from his face ready to tear the head off the Avora. The Avora hunter started to stammer out a defense, “L..Listen I will take your word that she no Despised.” The Avora licked his lips nervously, glanced at Turrin, and said simply, “I mean for no trouble with a Endal, but she is waiting for someon...”

Turrin cut him off and said with venom in his voice, “She is waiting for me, Avora, and she is now late for her archery lesson since you decided to waste both her and my time with your stupidity!” Turrin gave Syveris a reassuring smile and shot a glare at the Avora when he spoke.

“...I..I.. am sorry, E..Endal. Can I go?”

“Yes..get out of here before I change my mind.”

Feeling the man shake under his hand, Turrin moved his arm to his shoulder and shoved the man to side, and the man stumbled and fell on his arse. Hearing a couple snickers from the onlookers, Turrin watched the man run back to his stall, grab his bow, and run out of the Second Quiver. Turrin knew that he might of overreacted to the Avora's actions, but he to was suffering from high stress and pent up rage with the current situation of the city. Still feeling the adrenaline coursing through his body, Turrin slowly turned around to look at Syveris and said with a deep breath trying to calm himself, “I might have overreacted. Sorry Sy.” The half-breed knew Syveris never saw this side of him before, so he was nervous of her reaction to his bout of rage.
Last edited by Turrin on February 21st, 2014, 2:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Myrian, Common, Nari , Aponivi, Turrin

Thank you Nyxie Nadira Draer for the posting template.
Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Words: 581340
Joined roleplay: September 3rd, 2013, 1:13 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Syveris on December 27th, 2013, 8:53 pm

The Avora was feeling lost, but above all, she was tired. In other circumstances, she would just confront the hunter and impose her will. After all, they were both Avora, and they had equal rights. She could be in the Second Quiver if she wanted. But at the same time, she was incredible tired of all those confrontations, and just wanted it to be over. Syveris sighed, ready to tell the man she was going to leave, but then, she saw a familiar face coming towards them, and the Avora almost sighed with relief when she saw it was Turrin.

Relief that was soon replaced with surprise when the Myrian violently pushed the man away from her. In a way, Syveris was grateful, as the other Avora was being really annoying, but the face the Endal was making was almost terrifying. She was happy it wasn't an anger directed at her, although she pitied the man. Yes, he was annoying, but when he quickly looked at her, the Avora couldn't help but feel like he was asking for help. And she was truly going to try to get Turrin away from him, until she heard the next sentence. Despised. Again that stupid talk.

Scowling and crossing her arms, she leaned on the wall, her mood totally ruined. Well, it was already ruined, before she even entered the Second Quiver, but now, the anger she had initially felt returned. Zulrav was a God, but this time, he was mistaken. She had nothing to do with the Despised, she hadn't helped any murderer. Syveris was distracted, but something Turrin said caught her attention. Would he really stand next to her, no matter what happened in Winter? It was truly soothing to know that, and Syveris almost forgot her anger. She had worried that, if nothing could be done to prove her and the others accused by Zulrav innocent, her friends would turn their back to her. After all, they had only her word that she wasn't guilty, and nothing more.

Syveris rolled her eyes when the Avora said he would take the Endal's word that she wasn't a Despised. She knew that as soon as he left, he would go back to believing what almost everyone in Wind Reach believed. It was only an act of cowardice, and it angered her more than his false accusation. If he believed in something, he should stand by it even if it went against what an upper caste believed. Only Dek were that coward, and to see this kind of behavior on an Avora was truly infuriating.

Thankfully, though, the Avora left, or rather, was shoved away, and Syveris felt the anger slip away. Now she was just tired. Looking at Turrin, she smiled, weakly.

"Don't worry about it, it's fine." strangely, it was alright. Syveris had been a little afraid in the beginning, she couldn't deny it, but it was Turrin, after all, and she knew the Endal wouldn't hurt her. His anger wasn't even directed at her, actually. "It's good to see you. Thanks for helping me." she sighed, looking around. A few curious eyes were still watching them, but most of the Inarta in the Archery Range had already lost interest and had began to practice again. She was thankful for it.

"So, how are things? Any news?" the Avora asked, sighing again. "I mean, except for all the bad weather and difficult hunts. Are something good happening for you?" it was good to have someone to talk to, and if there was any good news, they would be more than welcomed. Syveris knew she needed some, specially after the utter failure of her search the day before. But even if there wasn't anything good, any news would do. Maybe because of the boredom of her actual work, she just wanted to hear or do something different.
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on January 8th, 2014, 4:44 am

Turrin was relieved that she wasn't mad at him. The Myrian knew Syveris could handle herself, so he was worried that she would be mad at him for intervening. Turrin should have known better because she seemed relieved to see him. Feeling himself relax slightly, Turrin said with a frown, “The Valintar has assigned to War Hawk flight to keep the peace in the city, so I probably wound see much of the outdoors until till the famine ends.” The Endal didn't realize how much the Unforgiving till he was barred from the wilderness from the Valintar. Now he had to deal with angry hot heads all season including the Avora who was harassing Syveris.

The Myrian needed to talk to someone about his frustrations, so he looked into her golden eyes and said bluntly, “Honestly, my winter has been a basically a big pile of steaming wind eagle shyke. Do you know couple days ago a Chiet food thief had the gall to pull a knife on me? The day after the food thief. Dek spat in my face as I walked by her. When we arrested her, she told us that she did it because I was foreigner and Endal. We asked her why, and she told me that I didn't deserved Inarta food when full blooded Inarta were starving. It has been only nine days since the famine started!”

Turrin knew that she wanted to hear something up lifting, but the way that he had been singled out lately was starting to weigh on his heart. The Endal knew Syveris must be suffering too because of what the petching Zulrav said about her, but he was already riled up and his Inarta side was starting to shine. Turrin shook his head in anger and continued ranting, “Besides my new career move as a petching guard. I haven't been sleeping well because of my crazy dreams about a avora hunter named Azira.” The Myrian shook his head and said with a laugh, “Syveris, I keep having dreams about her every night since we hunted the Blue Elk.”

Turrin kind of blushed not sure if he should tell Syveris about his dreams, but he was already on a roll, “I might need to find a healer for my head because I think..” Turrin paused trying to find the words, “I think my dreams are telling me that I am in love with Azira!” When the Endal fell silent after his tirade, the Myrian took a deep breath and asked softly trying to regain his composure, “Sorry, I think the stress is getting to me, Azira. No I mean Syveris! See I am going crazy already!”
Last edited by Turrin on January 25th, 2014, 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Syveris on January 8th, 2014, 5:17 am

His outburst surprised her. Syveris knew that Winter wasn't being easy to anyone, but she hadn't really thought that there were people suffering as much as her. It had been incredible selfish, but she was too absorbed into her own problems to notice her friend's. It made her feel guilty. It was clearly that being separated from the Unforgiving was being really stressful to the Endal, and Syveris could clearly see why. He probably couldn't spend much time with Aponivi, either. If Syveris, who wasn't even an Endal, had enjoyed flying with the Eagle so much, she couldn't even begin to wonder how Turrin was feeling. And the Chiet and Dek's behavior... If she wasn't so tired already, she would have had an anger outburst.

"Don't worry. You deserve to eat just as much as anyone here." Syveris tried to be reassuring. She smiled, and patted his shoulder. "I'm truly sorry. Winter is being... Awful. For everyone. And this Chiet and Dek were disrespectful and mistaken. You have done a lot... You are doing a lot for Wind Reach. They don't have the right to say these things to you."

The half-Myrian kept going on, and Syveris didn't really mind. It was good to have those outbursts sometimes, so the feelings could be expressed. She only wished she had something more constructive to say. However, his mention of Azira made her frown. The Avora knew the huntress and the Endal knew each other, since Azira had mentioned Turrin to her, once. But she had thought they were just acquaintances. Apparently not, since Turrin said he kept dreaming about her.

The next part, though, shattered every thought and left her mind blank. Turrin was in love with Azira? And he blushed. Had she ever seen Turrin blush? No, she didn't think so. But he was blushing. And he was in love with Azira. And her mind couldn't stop thinking this, and she couldn't understand what was going on.

Her chest hurt, a lot, and she caught herself angry at the huntress. Why her? What she had that was so special? Syveris was surprised at her own thoughts, not sure what to make of all the feeling she was having. Why did she care, in the first place? The Avora had never felt jealousy towards her friends before. In fact, she wasn't even sure that this was jealousy. It felt awfully familiar with what she had felt when she had seen Arin together with that woman. But it couldn't be the same, because she had been in love with Arin, and...

Realization hit her, and she didn't know what to do or what to think. Love? Was she in love with Turrin? It didn't make sense in her head, and, at the same time, it was the only thing that made sense.

Everything went through her head quickly, and she was scared with the thought. Syveris knew that Azira liked someone else, but that didn't mean nothing. If Turrin loved the huntress, then once again she was being left behind. But Turrin wouldn't leave her behind, would he?

Useless to think all of that. Syveris looked at the Endal, noticing he wasn't talking anymore. The Avora tried to search for something to say, but before she could, Turrin was talking again, apologizing. Only, he called her Azira.

For some reason, that hurt even more than everything he had said before, and tears began to fall from her eyes. She quickly looked down, blushing for her behavior. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Don't cry. But no matter how much she screamed at herself, the tears were still there.

"I... I'm sorry. I don't know what has gotten into me." she apologized. Her voice, however, was so low that she doubted the Endal could understand what she said. Syveris felt foolish, betrayed, even though she had no right to feel like that. After all, the Avora hadn't even realized her feelings before then. In fact, she doubted she realized them now. The only thing she knew was that it hurt. A lot.
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on January 25th, 2014, 11:19 pm

When Turrin told her that Azira might be his dream woman, Syveris didn't react the way that he thought she would react. She started to cry. The Endal gave her a puzzled look because he wasn't sure if he made her cry, or if it was just the stress of the season taking it toll on her. However, Turrin had been especially sensitive to Syveris emotional state as of late because he was starting to feel a stronger bond to her. The Endal reached out, put a hand on her arm, and said softly, “Sorry I was being selfish, Sy. You must be feeling quite alone right now, and all I can talk about is myself.” Running a hand through his hair, Turrin sighed and said slightly defeated, “I am just really confused right now with my dreams because I seriously only been around the woman twice. The first time she threw a bowl at me in the kitchen, and the second time she barely talked to me at Alori's party. All in all, I don't really know what to think right now.” Turrin was starting to believe that his lack of sleep and stress were starting to take a toll on his judgment. He knew when the famine was over. He was going to take up a trade route to get away from the city for a time.

Turrin wasn't quite sure if he should try to comfort her, so he looked into her golden eyes and asked, “How are you holding up? Life must be getting harder since Zulrav accused you of being with the Despised. If he had a face, I would punch him for being a idiot.” The Endal knew that he shouldn't speak badly about the gods, but Zulrav accused Marrin and Syveris of collaborating with the enemy. It was preposterous idea in Turrin's mind, but he noticed people still looked at Syveris like a criminal. Looking at Syveris, the Endal wished that he could make her happy at the moment, so he decided archery might take her mind off her troubles. Glancing to his right, the Endal noticed a pair of women scowling at him. He quickly turned his gaze back to Syveris. Turrin could tell other Avora were looking at them as the pair of them were just standing there. Also, he was catching bad looks from the other women in the range because they must of saw Syveris crying. Turrin pointed over his shoulder at his short bow and asked with a weary smile, “I am decent with a bow, Syveris. If you like, I can teach you how to shot. Plus, archery is a good way to relief stress. Besides, we will have more privacy than too.”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Syveris on January 26th, 2014, 3:45 pm

"No, you aren't being selfish. Not at all." she shook her head, annoyed at herself. It felt stupid to cry over nothing, although she supposed maybe the stress she was feeling was greater than she thought. And now, because of that, Turrin was worried. The situation felt so ridiculous to her that she managed to chuckle, before rubbing her eyes to clean the tears. "Azira is... A good woman." Syveris informed, although the words were very difficult to say out loud. She didn't want to say it, but it was true, nevertheless, and she was supposed to always say the truth, as a friend. "She can be a little hotheaded, but she is very nice, once you get to know her." her voice was becoming shaky again, so Syveris sighed, and became quiet.

When Turrin looked at her, the Avora felt a little uncomfortable. She wasn't sure why, but maybe because her eyes were red and wet, so she looked down. This didn't feel right, either, but Syveris was beginning to feel annoyed at the feeling inside her, so she tried to focus on the question the Endal had made.

"I'm fine." she said with a smile. It was true in a way, after all, she was still alive. But at the same time, she didn't feel fine. "And even if Zulrav had a face, you shouldn't punch him. He is a god, you know." the Avora paused, for a moment, wondering if she should just tell him everything that was in her mind. She supposed it was alright to do so. Turrin had told her his dream, and he trusted her. That was what was most important. Until now, she felt like the only people that did so was him and Virat. Maybe Azira, but she still didn't have a chance to talk with the huntress after everything, so she couldn't be sure.

"I went to the Deep Warrens yesterday. she blurted out, only a little afraid that the Endal would think it was because she was really helping the Despised. "I wanted to find something that could help, you know... I'm afraid." it felt very weird to admit it to someone else. Syveris sighed, and then smiled. "I'm fine, though. I didn't find anything, but there has to be something to be found. I'll just tell Zulrav's priest about what I saw down there, and hope he can find something."

When the subject changed to archery, she was suddenly relieved. The talk about the dream and the Despised was bringing the worries out once again. "I think it's a good idea, thank you." the Avora wasn't particularly interested in archery, but if it was a good way to relief stress, she would try.

She noticed that the man who was following her today had entered the range, and she tried to ignore him. Archery was feeling like the best option.
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on February 11th, 2014, 4:48 am

Turrin smiled at her when Syveris accepted his offer to teach her archery. He motioned her to follow him with his head as he lead her to his stall. As they walked to his archery stall, he recalled her praising her friend Azira. The Endal didn't have many encounters with the fiery teenager, but he remembered the young woman had a tendency to make him feel uncomfortable. He wasn't sure if Azira harbored any ill will towards his caste, but he seemed to feel the brunt of her moods whenever he was around her. This was the main reason, why he had a hard time believing that he was in love with her in the first place. Turrin gave Syveris a weary smile and said softly, “I am sure Azira is a pleasant woman to be around, but a part of wonders if I am misinterpreting my dreams since I only met her a handful of times, and each time, the Avora made me feel that I wasn't welcomed around her.” Turrin ran a hand through his hair and said more to himself than Syveris, “Maybe the dreams are telling her that I am not in love with her. Maybe they are telling me that I will kill her in the future?” Turrin had his doubts that he actually loved Azira, and he was starting to regret telling Syveris that he had feelings for the fiery teenage since he didn't understand his own feelings at the moment.

Suddenly, Syveris said something that he wasn't expecting. The glassblower went into the deep warrens to search for the Despised. Turrin hunted the Underground Forest many times in the past, but he never made his way into the deep warren since he heard chilling stories of reimancer going insane the deep corridors. The Endal tended not to be openly afraid of much, but he always felt uncomfortable around the spirits since he had no way of protecting himself from them. Looking over at her, Turrin could see the desperation in her eyes, so he kind of understood her reason for trying to clear her name. He just wished that she came to him for assistance before venturing into the deep warrens alone. Looking down at his feet, Turrin said softly, “I wish that you told me that you were venturing into the deep warrens. I would have come with you.” Turrin kept his gaze in the direction of his destination and say without looking at her, “I care about you Syveris. Since the beginning of winter, I have been constantly worrying about your safety.” Turrin paused for a moment as the frustration started to show all over his face and said with a sigh, “If the Valintar hadn't assigned me to petching guard duty, I would try to be by your side as much as I could...” Glancing over at her, Turrin was starting to wonder if he made a mistake by telling her that he was in love with Azira. Since every part of him wanted to reject the idea that Azira and not Syveris was the woman that he truly loved.

Turrin knew the dreams were starting to affect him emotionally. Whenever, he encountered the beast with red eyes in the grass or shooting Azira in the heart with his black feathered arrows, he would wake up in cold sweats. By the time, he could calm himself down to get back to sleep. He had to get up for his morning patrol. Lack of sleep and stress of his new job had plagued Turrin these early days of winter, so it wasn't a surprise that he would interpret the wrong meaning of his dreams. When Turrin got to the stall, he walked over to his short bow and picked it up by the shaft of the bow. Turning to Syveris, Turrin asked with a nod, “Are you ready to learn?”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Syveris on February 14th, 2014, 2:11 am

Syveris followed the Endal, eager to have some kind of exercise. Something new would do her well, probably. The Avora chuckled a little at Turrin's comment about Azira. Yes, the huntress had a way to make one feel uncomfortable and unwelcomed. Syveris had come to believe that it was just her way of protecting herself, just her way to make sure people wouldn't hurt her. Because, at first, Syveris had felt the same way when she was around the other, but then, their relationship began to improve. All it took was a little patience, and it was worth it. She was about to say that when Turrin continued talking, and Syveris looked at him, wide eyes. He wasn't serious, was he?

"You... You don't... Why would you kill her?" Syveris asked, weakly. Suddenly, however, she continued, a little more hopeful. "But dreams are just dreams, right? There isn't always a hidden meaning in them, right?"

The change of topic to the Deep Warrens made the Avora shudder, the memory of the tunnels deep inside the mountain not a pleasant one. However, together with the uncomfortable feeling the memory brought, there was also a little embarrassment. The way Turrin spoke made her feel bad about not telling him about the Warrens sooner.

"I wasn't... I didn't plan anything." she whispered, before raising her voice, so Turrin could hear her. It was still a bit shaky, though. "I heard a rumor about the Despised being in the Deep Warrens as I was going out of the Arms Gallery, so I just changed my path and went there. I didn't think it thorough." like always, actually. She had never been one of planning.

His words, however, made her feel warm inside. It was nice to know someone cared, but even her could see there was clearly something more to the feeling. The Avora smiled to herself, the pain of knowing Turrin might like Azira returning. But the happiness was bigger this time, and she felt like an idiot, smiling to no one in particular.

They reached the stall, and Syveris looked at the bows. When Turrin asked her if she was ready to begin, she looked up, at his face, still smiling. Her mind was still at his words, and, without thinking, the Avora approached the Endal, putting her arms around him and pulling him to a tight embrace.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." she repeated, tightening the hug for a tick before releasing the other, looking at his face for another tick before noticing what she had just done. Syveris blushed slightly, embarrassed. She then turned her attention to the bows on the stall, trying to ignore her lack of control. "Can I borrow a bow?" she asked, weakly.
Syveris
Emotional Glassworker

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Turrin on February 23rd, 2014, 5:30 pm

When Turrin got to the stall, he was immediately embraced by Syveris. The myrian put his arms around the woman and returned her sentimental gesture. The Endal just smiled to himself as he held her close, but eventually she pulled away. Turrin wasn't quite sure what she found so fascinating as she looked into his eyes, but the he felt captivated looking into her beautiful golden eyes. Eventually, Syveris pulled away blushing in embarrassment. The Endal just stood there smiling to himself, and for a chime, he couldn't think of any words to say. Turrin watched the beautiful woman in silence as he was starting to realize that he made a mistake telling Syveris that he was in love with Azira. Turrin walked over to Syveris and said with a smile, “I suggest learning how to use a short bow since I have no clue how to use a long bow. I know long bows are good if you want to fire arrows long distances with more power, but they are more cumbersome to hunt with in the wild.” Turrin paused and looked at the short bow, “The short bow doesn't have the power or the range of a long bow, but it is not as cumbersome in the wilderness, and you can use it on a horse, tiger, or wind eagle. I am not a expert on bows, but I can tell you what I know.”

When Syveris decided on her bow, Turrin walked over to his shooting stall and picked up his short bow with his left hand. The Endal turned and said with a smile, “Syveris, I am no expert in archery by any means, but I think it is a good skill to learn because you can defend and feed yourself with archery. If you want to be trained by a expert, I suggest you talk to Avora Kovac, but I warn you that he has a reputation of being a relentless flirt.” Turrin chuckled to himself when he told her about the colorful half-breed, and he continued his introduction, “Just like any skill, archery will take you years to master. I have been shooting for most of my life, and I can only hit the target seventy-five percent of the time, so don't beat yourself up if you are terrible at first.” Looking at his own short bow, Turrin placed his left hand and said simply, “When you shoot, you will have to hold your bow with your less dominate hand.” He made sure to place his hand on the leather grip of long flexible shaft in the center. When he was finished with his own hand place, he showed the Syveris and said with a smile, “I want you to watch me shoot than I want you to mimic my movements without a arrow.”

Walking up to the firing line, Turrin pulled a arrow from his quiver and placed it on the bowstring and rested the top of the arrow on knuckle of his pointer finger at the center of the bow shaft. Realizing he was holding his bow shaft to tightly, he loosed his grip and said to the Syveris, “When you hold your shaft, you must not hold it to tight otherwise the bowstring can snap back on your arm. If you hold it loosely, the force of fining will natural turn the bow away from your arm." Turrin widened his stance, so both his feet were ninety degrees facing away from the target. Turrin bent his knees slightly, so he wouldn't get as tired as fast. The Endal said Syveris, “You feet placement is really important because it will give you stability when you shoot. Also, you need to make sure you don't lock your knees, so you don't fall over...” Turrin loosed his knees, so he just rested on top of them. The young warrior raised his bow and the tip of the metal arrow till it reached the center of the target. Turrin aligned his eye and arrow tip with the center of the target and said with a still loose bow string, “When you place the arrow on the bow string, you need to hold the string with your pointer, middle, and ring finger, and you need to rest the notch of the arrow on the bow string, but the arrow needs to be in between the pointer finger and middle finger on the bow string.” He turned around to show the Avora his hand placement with the arrow. Turning his attention back to the target, he lifted his bow and aligned his eye and arrow tip with the center of the target. Pulling back the bowstring, Turrin brought the string up to his cheek, held it in place, and said with his voice strained, “When you pull back your bowstring, you need to pull it back 7/8th of the way, so your bowstring doesn't snap. If it does snap, you can seriously injure yourself by slicing up your arm or loosing a eye.”

When Turrin finished his play by play instruction, the Endal realigned his shoot to the center of the target and said with some strain in his voice, “I suggest when you pull back the bowstring. You readjust your aim, so you are back in alignment with your target.” Feeling the muscles in his shoulders start to ache, Turrin took in a shallow breath and released the bowstring on the exhale. With a twang, the arrow soared straight towards the target. The arrow soared straight for most of the flight, but at the end, it started to loose power and hit the target between the fourth and third ring away from the center. Turrin kept the short bow up till he heard the thud off in distance. Turrin turned to Syveris and said with a smirk, “Well at least, I didn't completely miss it. Alright, I want you to mimic my body moments, but I want you to hold the position, so I can critique your shooting stance. I am going to warn you that your muscles will ache after today.”

Turrin
No Chains will Hold Me

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Next