[Verified by Crosspatch] Arlana

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Arlana

Postby Arlana on December 30th, 2013, 12:28 am

Appearance

Race: Mixed Human (Benshiran & Drykas)
Birthday: 90th of Spring, 494 A.V.
Birthplace: Sea of Grass

Description: Growing up in a chaotic city, Arlana had learned from an early age how to disappear, not to be seen. To simply blend in. It was not hard for her with her unassuming looks. Her hair tends to be let loose, messy dark brown locks hanging down just past her shoulders framing her strong jaws. Intelligent eyes shine in frosty blue-green, courtesy to her father's Benshiran bloodline. She stands fit and slender - thanks to the hunger and the demands of her job - at 5'6, again not particularly special. In honor of her mother, Arlana had a windmark-like tatoo twisting and curling delicately from her left pelvic to the small of her back. Also, a diamond-shaped birthmark painted her inner left wrist, a matching pair to her brother's mark.

Typically, the girl could be seen practical attires that mostly consisted of shirts, pants and boots. Though for some reason, she seemed to have a fondness of corset, accentuating her curves. On one of her missions, Arlana would use a black tunic over her clothing and a matching mask to cover her already-morphed features. That way, it would be near impossible to tell that it was her breaking into your house.

Character Concept

Arlana never had been that kind of elegant, simpering girls. No, a harsh life in Sunberth made sure of that. A bitterness that would not wane had taken its root in her, all caused by the abandonment of both her parents. With this, Arlana has a general distrust for authority figures - as the common Sunberthians. Her ethics often teeter between neutral and outright cold-hearted - depending on what suited her needs best. Arlana wouldn't hesitate to double-cross anyone who raised her suspicion, even if it was her ally.

Despite her ability to become someone else, Arlana is confident in her own skin. It was something a thief should have, otherwise they wouldn't succeed. Besides being a criminal, Arlana was really a decent girl. Although, once you talked to her, you'll discover several sides of her. She could be charming with all-smiles, manipulating with her magic or snarky and sarcastic. Sharp comments slipped pass her lips often and most of the time, she barely realized it. Arlana will say what's on her mind, be it good or bad. It did not bruise her conscience to use her magic to manipulate the people around her, as long it didn't end with someone getting hurt.

Beneath all that, the girl held a secret. Of nights she spent cowering, entangled in dreams so real that she could not wake up. Of paranoia so overwhelming, she couldn't think of anything else. A part of her feared that she might turn out like her father, driven completely insane. Maybe it was imagination, maybe it was not, but Arlana knew there was something wrong with her.

Character History

Dazan used to be a mere Benshiran man, nothing special about him except for his passion to explore the world. He was never one to stay still, always exploring the unknown. Soon enough, he found himself entranced by the possibilities of magic. He started studying about it since he was young - despite his family's disapproval. And when he showed talent in Morphing, his own people shunned him, left him to be an outsider. Angered, it only intensified his wish to travel, to leave the hot and dull deserts behind him.

It seemed like the gods heard his prayers. One day, Dazan was scouring through the edges of Eyktol, where he could see the green of the Cyphrus - he was about 18 then. That was when he met a beautiful Drykas girl, Lavika, whose call to adventure was as strong as his. She was two years younger than him, but it didn't matter. Secretly they met, telling tales from their own home and soon they were in love. Dazan knew that his family would never approve a marriage to someone who was not Benshira and so he fled, nothing him holding back.

Eager to find adventure, they left their respective home and journeyed toward the Sylira Region, visiting various cities on the way - Ahnatep, Riverfall, Kenash. About a year after they left home, Lavika was pregnant. The couple was young and spirited still, so when a healer told them Lavika carried twins, they didn't know whether to be excited or worried. When she gave birth, it turned out to be a boy and a girl - which they named Arlain and Arlana.

Life was good for a while. The twins grew to gifted, intelligent children and they managed to live happily. Their traveling live continued, but with the children, they tend to spend a couple of seasons in one city before leaving. Arlana, as a kid, loved all the new places, all the adventures, the nooks and crannies she could explore with her brother. She also eagerly learned magic from her father, quickly learning to manipulate her own body to her will.

Until one day, their adventure did not end well. The family was only a few of days away from Zeltiva when a group of bandits descended upon them. A couple who barely passed their mid-twenties and two nine year olds were easy targets. It turned out that they were not mere bandits, but slavers as well. Dazan and Lavika fought hard, but they were obviously outnumbered. Lavika was young and beautiful still, so she was the first to get captured. The slavers planned to simply kill Dazan and take the twins as slaves too. Overtaken by anger, Dazan pushed his magic to the limit and changed himself into a fearsome night lion and drove the slavers back. When he turned back, something was wrong. Arlain was gone too. They had taken him.

Dazan and Arlana chased the slavers to Sunberth before losing them. There they stayed to treat Dazan's injuries. But Arlana could see that the man with was not exactly their father anymore. Some nights she heard him talking in a dream, screaming and squirming. One morning, his father's pretty blue irises were gone, replaced with the tawny gold eyes of a lion. He couldn't change it back and tried to assure his daughter it was nothing. But it wasn't nothing. As the days went, Dazan gotten even stranger and stranger. He didn't remember his own children one day and snarling like a wild animal the next. Arlana watched as magic slowly gnawed on her father's mind. Nearly every night she cried, missing her mother and brother.

On a particularly horrible night, Dazan left Arlana in the Tent City and simply never came back. No goodbye, no note, nothing. Arlana huddled in their tent for days, fearing the people of Sunberth. Of course, someone soon noticed. The girl was finally tossed into the Orphanage.

The Orphanage was horrible, but slowly Arlana got used to the hard life. She learned to steal and to lie to survive. But the little girl was still an outsider and she got picked on a lot. She fought with other kids, cursing at them. She used magic to get what she wanted. The sweet little girl was no more. As she grew up, she found herself more tangled in the underworld of Sunberth and didn't care. To this day, however, Arlana still searched for Lavika and Arlain, hoping to find them - even if they're dead.

Language

Fluent: Common
Conversational: Shiber
Poor: Pavi

Skills

Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Larceny 15 RB, 10 SP 25 Novice
Morphing 20 SP 20 Novice
Climbing 5 SP 5 Novice
Stealth 5 SP 5 Novice
Acrobatics 5 SP 5 Novice
Hypnotism 5 SP 5 Novice

Lores

Lore of Sunberth Street Layout
Lore of How To Scale a Wall

Possessions

On Person
-A White Blouse
-A Pair of Dark Pants
-Black Undergarments
-A Pair of Leather Gloves
-A Floor-Length Black Cloak
-A Pair of Worn Leather Boots
-Leather Belt
-A Gladius

Backpack
-Thieves' Tools
-Climber's Kit
-Glass Cutter
-Black Mask
-Black Fine Wool Tunic
1 Waterskin

Apartment
-Comb (Metal)
-Brush (Metal)
-Soap
-Razor
-Balanced Rations (1 Week’s Worth)
-1 eating knife
-Flint & Steel

Heirloom: A gladius owned by her mother. Arlana never learned to use it - the sight reminded her of the loss she felt - but she took care of it nevertheless. Typically, Arlana would bring it everywhere she went, strapped to her belt. Only to give the illusion that she could protect herself if the need ever arises.

Housing

House: A basic private room on the Cheap Side in Sunset Quarters

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Starting +100 GM 100 GM
Housing Cash-In +500 GM 600 GM
Thieves' Tools -30 GM 570 GM
Climbers' Kit -80 GM 490 GM
Glass Cutter -10 GM 480 GM
Guard Dog -25 GM 455 GM
Leather Belt -4 SM 454 GM 6 SM
Mask -3 SM 454 GM 3 SM
Fine Wool Tunic -1 GM 5 SM 452 GM 8 SM
Leather Gloves -1 GM 451 GM 8 SM
Winter 513 Living Cost (Poor) -45 GM 406 GM 8 SM

Thread List

Link your current & past threads here!

Last edited by Arlana on October 27th, 2014, 10:34 am, edited 3 times in total.
Due to something unexpected, I'm afraid replies will be ultimately slow! I'll still post when I have the time!
Arlana
you shall never find me

Words: 51113
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2013, 11:22 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Arlana

Postby Arlana on January 12th, 2014, 12:26 pm

General Information :
1. What is your Name? Arlana
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name? Er, no. I don't think so
3. How old are you? 21
4. What is your height? Somewhere between 5'6 and 5'7
5. What is your weight? Around 120 lbs, if I had to guess

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
4. How physically fit are you?
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like? They're not around much, not anymore.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters? Yes, my twin brother.
3. What is your extended family like? I have no idea.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family? Honestly? Never had that much experience regarding both sides.
5. Do you treat animals like family? Aurum, my dog, is family

2. Where do you live now? Sunberth
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
5. Where do you fear to be?

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
2. Are you right handed or left handed? Left-handed
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent? Common, a bit Benshiran and Pavi
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics? Other than my impulsive stealing? No, not really.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them)? Yes, I just think it looks good - and maybe reminded me a bit of my mother.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation? Thief
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why? I don't exactly love it but it's the only thing I'm good at.
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
5. What occupation do you lest like? Why?

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
3. What is your worst memory from childhood? Watching my own father slowly turning insane. Lovely, isn't it?
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
2. Do you like/dislike learning? I'm not exactly the sitting-down-and-reading type
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities? Experience. Trials and errors.
4. How do you learn best?
5. What are your educational goals for the future?

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else? Straight through and through.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time. Yes, I don't remember exactly. I think his name was Jack or James or something.
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time. Yes again.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
2. Do you like to read? Well, I don't hate it.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
2. What is your favorite time of day?
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
2. What are your religious views?
3. Would you be able to kill?
4. What are your views on sex?
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
2. What is your greatest regret?
3. What is your best/worst memory?
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
3. What makes you happy?
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
5. What makes you angry?

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
4. Do you care what others think of you?
5. What do you think of others, in general?

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
2. What is your greatest weakness?
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
5. Are you generally organized or messy?

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
2. What is the best part of life?
3. What is the best part of death?
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?

Due to something unexpected, I'm afraid replies will be ultimately slow! I'll still post when I have the time!
Arlana
you shall never find me

Words: 51113
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2013, 11:22 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes