The Den of the Undead

Sign posted for those fool enough to enter: "Hopes exchanged for despair inside."

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Den of the Undead

Postby Miro on January 10th, 2014, 4:42 am

8th day of Winter, 513 AV

Vien was by now fast asleep, but Miro was just now settling in. He was to rest as well, but was not quite able to sleep. Instead his preferential method of rest was to meditate. Indeed it was a good idea. It allowed him to clear his mind of a great many things, and as well get refreshed. It was as close to sleep as he got, and with all of the things weighing down on his mind, it was necessary to clear it at times. Ink, the bastard, he was taking the Chained One's body. And Uldr, his gifts were indeed great, but his cravings were quite consuming. Malediction as well with its curse was consuming. Literal in a shivering sense.

But none of this was anything without one key detail. The one drenched in taboos even among practitioners. Miro was not only an undead, but a wizard. He was a caster of magic, and of very dark character. When he lost his mom, Kinneas kept his magic in line. But with his best friend dead and the Reimancer marked by Uldr and cursed with Ink, there was nothing keeping him from finding chaos. He soon found Rayage, the Nuit Alchemist, a man of a similarly dark character. A wizard as well, in his hundreds of years unliving, he had to do things to survive. Do things for Alchemy, for magic. He only pushed Miro along on his path. It was easy to learn a thing or two.

The wizard also learned magic, a great deal. Enough to satisfy and give into his cravings. To have the power to dominate, and dominate to further his power. His exploits to further this cause were never ending. Some of them successful, others not, but all of them furthering the cause. Even in failure he learned better how to spread his domination and sow seeds of potential gain. Or to simply rip what is needed and enjoy satisfying some of his less noble of urges. He had never tasted Symenestra flesh, and admittedly the thought of tasting it was exciting. But no, that was exactly what he was attempting to avoid. Meditation was indeed difficult.

Miro sat with his legs crossed, his arm out of its sling resting gently in his lap with his other hand. His back was up against the wardrobe, where it was dark and quiet. He propped himself against it and closed his eyes. The cool wood felt good against his back. The feel of anything besides metal cloak coming into contact with his flesh felt great. Sometimes he wondered if he would ever cease longing for such trivial things. He hoped not though, it was one of the pure enjoyments he had left. The Chained One began breathing in and out and counting. A breath in, "One," and a breath out, "Two."

The air coming from the Mask of Many was stale, but his room always was. Even with Vien in the bed. Often Lessomm's cleaning left tarnished its natural musk. Though at least it was a relatively clean room. And the Symenestra was likely quite ready to rest after such an exciting night and getting a meal. Though maybe it had been cut somewhat short. Nothing wrong with him being hungry for more. It was hard to take his mind off of what was waiting for him helpless. Another breath in and out, "Three, four." The stale air was hardly as relaxing as he would hope it to be.

"Calm yourself Miro. You are so rigid and frantic. I can see you are ready to meditate, and I see you also often struggle. I can imagine why, especially after finishing a hunt, but we must rest. If you intend to use magic, then you must focus. And if you are to meditate, you must close everything out of your mind. While you are quite adept yourself, I have spent a lot of my time tuning your voice out of my head. I have a bit of practice at this." The Familiar found the statement quite amusing, which was a relief for the wizard as well. "C'mon Miro, it's simple really. Just clear everything out of your mind. One by one we will clear them out of your mind. Tell me what is on your mind."

The undead was feeling slightly less tense, though still was quite uneasy. It was nice to have Ender so in tune with him, and especially to be so friendly. Truly this was how the bond was meant to work. "Well, I keep thinking about Ink, the blackness spread all about me. Soon I won't have a left leg, and then after that my right limbs are going. What comes after that, well, I am afraid what that means for you. He doesn't talk much anymore, but spreads nonetheless. He fills my mind with awful thoughts and feelings and feeds off my cravings. They will not let my mind still for long." He was sure that was what brought him mind to unsettle with such dark thoughts. It was more likely Ink could manipulate the wizard this way and spread.

And though the duo was slightly strained from casting before, Ender would cast. It was something the he had been preparing but never had chance to use to serve his master. The Irylid expanded his aura of influence and tuned himself with Miro. The connection to his mind was supreme, and he was completely in tune with his master's emotions. He prepared to channel a suggestion through their bond, and as he began to flow Djed, he noted how effortless it was. "Ink has no influence over your mind, and you are in control of your body. Your anxieties cause your mind to drift, but your mind cause your anxieties to drift as well." Ender prepared an emotional response and gave his words a moment to sink in. The words spoken would be charged with relaxation. "Breathe in and out. One, two. Three, four. Five, Six..."

Miro began to breathe along to the Familiar's count and began to relax. His shoulder fell at ease and he quit clenching his eyes shut. "As well I am still anxious to make use of Vien. It is the rare type of prey. The kind that may have potential as an apprentice. Perhaps even an offering to Uldr. A servant of Rhysol. I am eager to reap reward from him." It was indeed on his mind that he had a vessel for power asleep on the bed. The amount he could get out of such an offering was how much his capture was willing to take from him. He could offer so much, and asked so little. It was only when those few restrictions were crossed that it ever became dangerous. Otherwise it was a gradual spoiling at the hands magic of an undead wizard. Something many would argue was more dangerous.

But Ender seemed to have a knack for Hypnotism. Something about it clicked, especially when used on his master. He was sure he could free Miro's troubled mind as Alric had done to him. He prepared another emotional response, this time as comfort. As well he spoke his words as suggestions. "Vien indeed holds great potential, but no matter how much you get yourself worked up, it will do nothing for the outcome. The only way to ensure a positive outcome is to center your mind and relax. And you can feel your body calming as your mind sorts through these obstacles. Uldr demands you must dominate, but first, you must serve him by dominating yourself. Take control of your mind."

Miro felt ease come over his mind and Ender felt his master's emotions settle. The undead finally was able to relax his mind enough to rest. He began to breathe and count, and in time even the counting faded away. All of his anxieties and tension left in the passing bells. The Irylid as well meditated, though he could not close his eyes like his master. Instead he simply watched. One of them would need to watch the passing of time and keep tabs on their guest. Though by the time the sun had risen, it seemed that the Symenestra would not stir from his sleep. Indeed the bed must have been comfortable. And it was not until Vien began to stir that Ender even gave notice to his master. He was long into his meditation, and felt clear and refreshed.

"Master, it is time to rise. Your guest tosses about in bed and is likely to wake soon. The sun is risen as well. I am expecting that you have come up with some plot." It had mostly slipped Miro's mind, but he didn't need any preparation. Any more at least. He had already decided everything on the Ravosala ride back. The night was instead spent reminiscing about his childhood, his mother teaching him magic. Though no matter how hard he tried, her face was lost to him. "Thank you Ender. The wizard replied very softly, almost disappointed to return to the world. "I suppose we shall begin."

Miro rose gradually to his feet and worked to replace his arm in his sling. Then he began to put his robe back on, equally as difficult with one arm, and stocked his sling. The sash to his robe was tied tight and he spoke the command, "Return," and his staff came to hand. But as he hobbled over to the side of the bed, Ionu's Light clanked across the wooden floor. As he began to prepare a hypnotic spell Vien opened his eyes. Seemingly surprised to wake to the wizard staring down at him. "Morning Vien, I was just getting up myself. Sorry if I scared you there. Just seeing if you were still alive."

The Chained One gave a morose cackle and scowled behind the shield of his mask. "I need only one more thing." Using his staff he knelt down and grabbed his gladius. The blade was attached to his weapon harness on the right side, and a grin replaced the scowl. "Though it is about time to rise, wouldn't you say? I do hope you enjoyed your sleep. I found quite the peaceful meditation myself. But it is nearly time we talk about last night. I have an offer for you, and you have a decision. In fact, I have two offers for you. Before that I have a question for you think about." The Hypnotist expanded his aura of influence to envelop the bed and a suggestion was being prepared to be spoken.

Having a mind so clear, his staff in hand, a guest in his bed, it was one of those times gifts Lhex so rarely gave. A rare relief, however temporary, from the many unfortunate weights that tortured the undead. It was a time to praise the gods that made him so fortunate. He prepared his suggestion, spoken words charged with Djed. His eyes widened and he grinned widely, visible even behind his mask. He leaned in slightly to get a clear view on his target, his neck oddly craned. "Ask yourself this Vien," he snickered, "Can I really pass up the chance to learn magic from a master?"

Miro turned and walked towards the door and leaned against it. Somewhat meant to be a symbol that the Symenestra wasn't going anywhere, but mostly intended to actually block him. The wizard would wait for his target to wake form bed and approach him before continuing. "If you are ready I shall tell you what your choices are. I have saved your life by doing some things I really shouldn't have. If I can not trust you not to use this against me, then I will have to take it from you. Much like I attempted with our escapee yesterday. Painless, truly, if you just give in. I can take it all away, make you forget, but you have to want it. You have to give in, or else I take it the hard way."

Ionu's Light was thwacked dramatically against the floor immediately after. It was loud enough to resound several times over in the small room, which caused some level of amusement for the wizard and Familiar both. Ender jested to his master telepathically. "And the other way is so much more simple. You simply trade your soul and mind to me for magical power. You will be put through torturous forging into a weapon that is wielded by my commands." But of course this was not at all what would be said. Instead Miro spoke very plainly. "The other way is to accept the Apprenticeship Oath and complete the Initiation Ritual. I will give you all the power you demand, and in return I only ask your truest loyalty."

There was an unnatural quiet and stillness for a moment. It seemed like an eternity before anything happened, but in honesty it could have only been a few ticks. "So, tell me Vien, what will it be, initiation or repression?" It was much easier to shrug off some of the nastier tones he had used yesterday as intimidation tactics. Instead he would work to persuade and bring about a willing servant.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Den of the Undead

Postby Vien Lotus on January 11th, 2014, 3:20 am

Vien roused up only to be greeted by his host. At first it scared him because of Miro's intrusion of Vien's personal space but he soon moved away allowing Vien to rise up to sit at the edge of the bed. As Miro asked about learning magic Vien allowed the question to linger in the air without responding. Then Miro struck a serious pose next to the door and proceeded to give Vien two choices. Neither seemed to suit Vien's wants or needs so he thought about it a few ticks before speaking.

"I would be rather ignorant if I denied your invitation to study under you. So I would love to be your apprentice; however, I do not like the conditions you have set in place." he said rather boldly. He did not want Miro to see his hesitation in the matter but Vien was very picky about who he was loyal too. Especially in a city such as this that runs off of murder, and chaos. No, Vien would not agree to such terms lightly. "You have your offer and I shall counter your offer with my own. I agree to apprentice under you; however, loyalty is something earned not just handed over so willingly. Earn my trust and in turn you'll earn my loyalty; however, until that time comes I will not pledge loyalty to a stranger. Not even one that has saved my life." Vien said with a firm tone. He was rather resolute on the matter but not knowing how things would turn out he made sure he examined the room for another exit just in case his terms were not met.
Last edited by Vien Lotus on January 13th, 2014, 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vien Lotus
Player

Words: 23057
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2013, 4:47 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet

The Den of the Undead

Postby Miro on January 11th, 2014, 9:15 am

The potential apprentice stood against Miro in defiance, despite being warned. Had he seen the lighter mood in the Chained One's loosened shackles, or was this something else. No, definitely, this one was straightforward. It was a sign of respect, in its own way, but not one of domination. It would serve a challenge for the undead, and that was a rare prize from prey. Vien had potential, just as the one that got away had. Only she escaped, and he would not turn from the wizard. He would submit his will, but not freely, it would have to be earned.

Miro spoke aloud to Ender as he pointed his arm outward. "Ender, take form, reveal yourself to Vien. Earn his loyalty so that he may become a dedicated apprentice. Help him to understand me, for I am unable to express " The Irylid snapped from his master's wrist and his icy form began to expand. He slowly grew limbs and dropped to the ground on his hands and knees. The excess icy mass seemed to melt away to reveal a humanoid inside. Ender's replicant form, taking the guise of his master, though only his living form. A tall and well built Vantha and Symenestra mixed blood with dark hair and clothes.

Ender stood and pushed his hair out of his eyes. "Hello Vien, I believe you owe me your life. I was the one who killed all of those thugs. All except for the one who you ate that is. I am the Ice Reimancer who took their lives, but Miro is capable of all elements. At best I am only half as good as him. But I have been with him a while, and I learned everything I know from him." The Familiar walked forward and presented himself. "Miro once looked like me before he was slain and revived undead by Uldr. Before his body was stained. He was an Ice Reimancer, much like I am, and a wizard well accomplished in Flux. And as well that describes me."

The voice the creature spoke in was not like that of a human, but rather the alien tone of a Fyrdenese. The Irylid was quite cold in his speaking, rarely changing pace or tone even slightly. Such a voice usually took some getting used to. "If you do not understand by now, I shall explain it to you. I am his Familiar, and our souls are bound. I am an Irylid, a mere orb of ice, or at least I was. As our souls grow closer, I am able to understand more of my master. To take his form, use his memories, but not all of them. Our minds and our very lives are linked together. I assure you, if you were able to even know a fraction of what I know of my master, you would put all of your faith in him."

Ender turned away from Vien to face Miro. He spoke telepathically to his master. "Shall I speak also of your darkness and try to work pity into your less noble actions?" The undead smirked and walked to his desk and looked at some of the papers put on it. He responded silently to his partner. "No, not on this one, instead tell him of Lessomm, of my care for those who see past my darkness, and of the way I reward them. Make him feel welcomed into our arms." It would be a stretch, but Ender could try. Though he couldn't help but feel like there was more to it. Could loyalty be won so easily?

Ender walked over to the bed and sat down. He gave a pleasant fangy smile to the Symenestra. "If Lessomm were here, you would be served something to drink, have somebody to wait on you. He is so excellent that one need only know how to walk and talk to pass through the activities of the day. And he is very much useful for protection as well. He and the master have spent a lot of time together. I assure you Lessomm only has great things to say of Miro. Those who treat the master with respect and show him loyalty are well taken care of. The rare few who are truly loyal are rewarded with Miro's trust and care."

Miro turned around and walked up to Vien. "Thank you Ender, well said." He placed his hand against Vien's arm and tried to look the man in the eyes. Ionu's Light was still in his hand, and the staff would as well be touching the man. "Vien, truly you must understand, what I offer you is not cheap. To give others my magic, spend my time, risk my life training an apprentice. One who may go out of control or turn against me. One who might reveal my secrets, or rob me and leave. What I ask is if you will become part of my small family." With the staff pressed against the Symenestra hypnotic spells could be channeled freely.

The Hypnotist began to expand his aura of influence and empower his voice. He spoke suggestive words that would linger in the mind. "Taking the Apprentice Oath is a good idea." He channeled a sudden thought into Vien. The thought would come to him naturally, "I could learn all of the magic I needed to never lose a fight by simply trusting him." The wizard lowered his arm and walked over to the bed and sat next to Ender. "The room doesn't look like much, but I have magical supplies, as well as other resources. I would be trusting you to make use of them. The only cost is that you prove you are worth it."

Ender began to quickly compress and lose his form and adhere to his master's wrist once again in his sealed form. Holding that technique for any prolonged period was somewhat taxing. It would not serve them well to waste Djed now. "I understand if you do not wish to accept and turn away. That is a an reasonable decision. Not all are ready to learn magic from a true master. However it would mean you never get the chance again, and I would be forced to make you forget." The undead raised the volume of his voice and began to cast an emotional response of confidence. "It's decision time Vien! Forget or learn, your choice."

Miro spoke in a sly tone as he pushed another sudden thought. His voice boasted confidence, but came across slightly sour. As well he locked his gaze with the Symenestra and began to channel Djed through his eyes. He knew the result would be his eyesight distorting for a few bells. "I think we both know what is best for you." After Miro finished Vien would immediately think, "This is my only chance to learn powerful magic, and I don't trust Miro to make me forget with his magic. It is likely he will react badly if I turn away, and I don't see another way out." The Chained One lost the ability to see the Symenestra upon completion of the spell, but spoke still. "So will you take the oath?"
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Den of the Undead

Postby Vien Lotus on January 13th, 2014, 7:52 am

When Miro asked for Enders assistance his bracelet began to stir, Vien was intrigued. Vien watched in shock as the bracelet slowly turned into a man. The man, Ender, began his tale immediately. He explained more in depth as to what it was like to be a familiar and the bond he and Miro shared. In any other case Vien would be happy to see such a bond in motion but after considering whom his company was, he decided to put a reign on his curiosity for the time being.

As Ender continued, mention of another entered the conversation. Lessomm he was called. At this Vien seemed somewhat skeptic. True Miro had no need to lie, but there was always the possibility. That was what worried him. If there was such a man named Lessomm in the equation then Ender's description of such a man seemed more along the lines of a slave than anything else. This worried Vien, even more as to what Miro's plans might be for him and it was becoming clearer each passing tick that he was in trouble. That is when his mind started fighting back, or so he thought.

As the suggestions came pouring in Vien was struggling in his compliance. He knew it would be a waste to let this chance slip away but Miro's terms would take a hefty amount of Vien's free will. It would make Vien nothing more than a glorified slave in his eyes. Things were getting out of hand and whenever Miro decided to join Vien on the bed, Ender immediately recoiled into his previous form. Vien took notice of this just as his mind began fighting against him again. Being near Miro was not where Vien wanted to be at the moment so he eagerly got up after Miro demanded his decision.

"That is enough! No more talking!" Vien shouted from across the tiny space. His mind was reeling and he needed some time to get control again. He would not be pressured by anyone, especially Miro, into making a decision that he might one day regret. He stood with his back to Miro as he began breathing. In and out. In and out. he thought to himself as he slowly regained control. "Miro, I am intrigued by your offer, I really am; however, my loyalty can not and will not be bought. If you truly want me as an apprentice then you'll have me; however, there will be ground rules as per every agreement I make. First and foremost is that you must make a vow to never stripe me of my own free will. This is a must, and if you cannot agree to that then I would ask you to make me forget. Second I will be choosing what to learn, not you. Sure you can give advise as to what would benefit me most, but I will have the final say. This is my final offer. Either you accept my wishes or I'll agree to your hypnotism. I'll forget I ever met you and you'll have to be without an apprentice for a little while longer. What say you?" he asked turning to face Miro. The fires of determination shone in his eyes. He was willing to learn if Miro was willing to compromise.
Vien Lotus
Player

Character sheet

The Den of the Undead

Postby Miro on January 14th, 2014, 5:43 am

Vien was insistent on not being made some victim, as if he didn't understand the arrangement. He chose to be a victim of magic and undeath. It was his life-debt, the cost of being saved. He was a soul taken from Dira and placed into the hands of an undead, much like Miro had before him. Lhex had selected him to be a toy for the wizard, and such a gift could not be refused so simply. "I understand well Vien. You needn't worry, okay?" He placed his staff on the bed and moved to sit at his desk against the wall. What was asked was fair enough. Vien did not forbid the Hypnotist from reforging his will or pressuring decisions, so it was fine.

"I swear I will allow you to keep your free will as an apprentice. You must also understand a wizard must only learn a magic he is ready for. This means study and preparation, compatibility, and so much more. And while I may be able to force magic upon you, I shall not do this without your permission. You have my word on this." The Chained One's word was true in this. He would not use threat of death to influence actions on the apprentice, only actual death in cases of betrayal. He would teach magic, but not force it. His hopes of creating a Leecher poured out of him in a slight whimper. "So with that settled, you are ready for the oath? We shall begin the rite immediately!"

Miro stood and walked to the bed. He grabbed his staff and steadied himself with it. "What I ask may be odd, but holds purpose. The Apprentice Oath is sacred, and a certain rite must be performed. Take your shirt off and lay on your back on the floor. I will place my staff on your chest, atop your heart, and you will grasp it with both hands. Then I shall speak the Hymn of Dedication, and you must repeat. I will be able to read your words for truth. If you are sincere then we may begin your initiation ceremony." All of this mention of named hymns and seemingly formerly established rituals was all improvisation. None of it was prepared, but all held purpose. It work exactly as he claimed it would.

It was not the most unnerving request that could be made, but just odd enough that he was sure Vien would be put on edge. "You needn't worry, I have done this many times before. And I have shown the first act of trust by giving you my word. Now it is time for you to return the favor. Prepare yourself and acknowledge the oath as law by speaking it aloud, exactly as it is said. Or betray my trust and opt out." So he waited for the initiate to be ready. If the order was not declined, the Aurist would place his staff on the Symenestra's chest and begin to focus on relaying his Auristic sense through it. Ender would also begin to watch the man's body language and movement.

Though there was always the chance that Vien would refuse. If the man outright refused or hesitated long enough, the undead would shift his mood slightly. His words would seem critical in a way they hadn't before. "I understand if you can't bring yourself to accept my offer. If that is the case, I will have to resort to making you forget. And if that is not a suitable option, you may visit Dira in death." Miro grinned at this statement. "But if you with to forget or learn, either way, remove your shirt and lay on the floor. Grasp my staff and listen to what I say. Unless you can trust me to do this, I can't trust you to live with what you know. If you prove to me you are worthy of my trust, I will not force you to do anything. All I ask is for a little cooperation first!"
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Den of the Undead

Postby Vien Lotus on January 14th, 2014, 7:41 am

Vien was somewhat shocked by Miro's compliance. Vien half expected Miro to lash out in anger by his demands. The shock turned into gratitude as Miro accepted his wishes; however, emotions were running high in Miro because he seemed very eager to begin the rite. Vien could not help but to smile at this. He too was anxious to begin his training and even though he was somewhat uncomfortable at the notion of taking of his shirt. He complied taking his shirt off and tossing it to the side.

"You have accepted my wishes so I have no further objections. I shall take the oath immediately." Vien said as he slowly lowered himself to the floor. As lowered his back to the floor he rose up suddenly. "Sorry, it is a little cool to the touch." He said before flattening himself against the floor once more. He placed his hands near his heart and awaited the staff to be lowered on his heart. Vien's mind was racing. He was about to become an apprentice and as he laid there he knew without the shadow of a doubt that things were about to change.
Vien Lotus
Player

Character sheet

The Den of the Undead

Postby Miro on January 14th, 2014, 8:38 am

Miro was pleased at the compliant response. "Very well," he said with a confident smirk. Ionu's Light was placed gently upon the man's chest and began to focus his Djed. He sent pulses of down the staff and focused hard on the flow. Each wave flowed from his hand, down the staff, into Vien's body, and then returned to the Aurist's hand. Though his eyes were closed, with each passing moment the wizard could see more. The Symenestra's aura was becoming clearer and revealing information.

It took a great deal of concentration to achieve though, and as well more Djed. It was not very taxing to his soul, but his mind struggled to interpret the aura. First he worked to discern Vien's physical properties. Relaying information through the staff was incredibly easy, reducing a great deal of strain. Along with the subtle movements, Miro was able to sense his target's form and movement in slight. Though the way it presented itself was odd. His staff-wielding hand began to quiver and hum, and he could begin to find meaning in it. It gave a specific pulse as the man breathed in, and then a different one as the breath was released.

Miro focused further on the aura and read deeper. He began to hear sounds, feel drafts against his skin, taste flavors he could not quite place. The drain on his Djed intensified, and his mind became strained with pressure. His ears rang, his skin felt chilled and hot at once, and his tongue burned sour. It was all so hard to bear, but he would not sever his mind from the aura. He could not falter in attuning himself with Vien. Slowly the signals dulled and became clearer. The ringing shifted to a soft white noise, only slightly shrill at times. The drafts settled to soft cool currents that would become chill in sync with the shrill sound. He could taste in the initiate feelings of excitement and nervousness both.

Finally with his mind attuned to the aura, the wizard could begin. The oath would be simple, just rules presented in some grand way. Though what said was important, as it was to be a creed, and would be enforced strictly. This was his one chance to impose restrictions, but was to be careful not to push away an initiate so close to becoming an apprentice. The Aurist held a calm mind and spoke with seriousness in his voice. "Repeat these words after me Vien, and mean them as a sworn oath to your new master. Speak them with conviction and honesty, and accept them as your new way of life. Be true and convincing in your recital, or you will be denied."

And though the connection to the Symenestra's aura would be muddled temporarily, the Hypnotist began to channel a hypnotic spell through his staff. The words spoken would be empowered by hypnosis as suggestions and sink into the victim's subconscious mind. "I Vien do solemnly swear before the gods my will to accept Miro as my master and become his apprentice. I accept his wisdom, guidance and discipline, and offer him loyalty in return. Just as I know my master shall always act in my best interest, I shall serve my master's best interest as well. I vow never to turn against him in his time of need, and always to respect his creed of magic. Above all, I as an apprentice shall never show an act of disloyalty or malice against my master."

With the oath set, as well as the Hypnotism, Miro focused on his Auristic sense once again. It was slightly out of tune and took a great deal of focus to regain clarity of mind. However once he was able, the Aurist centered his mind around reading the aura for signs of dishonesty. Rapid pulse and breathing, spikes in anxiety and nervousness, as well as anything else out of place. Ender eyed the man as well and watched for similar hints. Merely reading the aura took a lot of focus, but the wizard would make sure the oath was spoken properly as well. He did not wish to allow for any error. An apprentice was given a great gift, and the master asked so little in return.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Den of the Undead

Postby Vien Lotus on January 15th, 2014, 2:38 am

As Miro placed the staff his chest Vien became somewhat uneasy by it's touch but with time it faded. As Miro began the rite, Vien's feelings were getting the better of him. A mixture of nervousness, anticipation, but above all else Vien felt a sense of belonging. Something that had eluded his grasp for quite sometime finally came home and he could no longer fight. Vien spoke every word of the rite clearly and passionately. He was not about to let this feeling go and even after the phrase of loyalty was uttered, Vien had no quarrel with Miro. As far as Vien was concerned, his place was by master's side. He would do whatever it took to learn all he could from Miro, and as the rite concluded Vien felt it. A sense of hunger took over Vien; however, the hunger that now plagued him was not for food. It was for knowledge. A fire had been lit in Vien's soul and this fire would go on to fuel Vien for many years to come. A fire set on making himself the strongest in all the land.
Vien Lotus
Player

Character sheet

The Den of the Undead

Postby Miro on January 15th, 2014, 9:40 am

Miro followed the movements of Vien's aura with a keen focus. The connection had become quite strong, and the emotional empathy could nearly rival the bond shared with Ender. Though the Aurist was struggling. If his body had any sweat, it would be pouring from him. As an undead, it was not something felt often. Even with Ionu's Light, this task was difficult, but amazingly useful. Though his eyes were closed and the room was still, the wizard's mind was a brilliant mixture of sights and sounds.

It was as if there was if his own aura was singing in tune with the music of the Symenestra's own aura, and from it he could read his soul. At first the apprentice was nervous, trembling ever so slightly, yet trying so hard to be still. The tension building was enough to cause Miro to have to fight a tremble, but there was also excitement in it. As if there was some flash of clarity. And then the man began to recite, and everything about his aura changed. It flared with an intensity and the wizard felt every word said. Out of the confusion and doubt burst a dedicated will. One brimming with confidence.

Ender as well watched, and he noticed the change too. The acceptance that washed over Vien as he decided his fate. And the unmistakable resolution in the oath could not be denied by anyone. "Without doubt, he is ready. You have yourself an apprentice. Now, do make sure this one turns out, for I do believe Rayage as well was born of your Res. He shows none of the qualities your apprentices shall, and he has done so very little to earn your respect. I would hate to see another devalue your greatest gift again." It was quite the strong opinion of Rayage he still held. The wizard wondered how much of his partner's distaste of the Nuit was based on true fault in his personality.

The undead removed his staff from his apprentice and staggered back. The magic left him weary, but the feeling was fading quickly. "You may stand, but leave your shirt." He spoke in a firm tone, unwilling to reveal his acceptance yet. "You have done well in accepting the oath, and you have earned my trust. Now let us see your loyalty taken a step further. I will not force any magic upon you, but I will highly recommend we start with the Flux and Reimancy. These are my specialties, what make me such a powerful master. The Flux is by far the harder to grasp, and training is for a special kind of wizard, but I have faith in you. However Reimancy is quite easy to give, though there is a catch."

The Reimancer gave two shakes of his staff and produced a tiny orb of aqua colored liquid with each motion. He twirled his staff about his Res and gave it vague form, that of two daggers. The staff lowered and with it the spell, all the way to the ground. Now staring down at the two daggers on the ground with Ionu's Light pointed at them, he closed his eyes to focus. To create a three dimensional sigil on such a small item would be tricky, but he had long since refined this technique. He was a long way away from the Testing Grounds of Sahova. The decorative Glyphing of the blade began to form in his mind.

The barrier took the form of a wall of barbs along the edge of the blade and hilt. The focus lead along the entire shaft of the blade and lead towards the tip. A netting of overlapped circles filled in with tiny symbols that resembled foreign letters. A trigger was arranged on the pommel in the shape of a circle filled with an 'X'. It was set to release the barrier when the dagger came in contact with blood. And with that the sigil was finished, and now there was only the task of transmuting it properly. As such a special occasion as it was, the Reimancer would use a special element. He put all of his focus on the Glyphing design and drew his staff back.

Miro drew in a deep breath and began to manipulate his Res, applying the mental image to his will. He thrust Ionu's Light forward and transmuted the Res into two different elements. The general mass of the blade was made up or a black rock, quite fragile, though with a sharp edge. The Glyphing however was made up of a thin layer of some gemstone. When the light caught it just right, it revealed a layer of dark red. Creating such an element was somewhat draining, though the fog from Auristics had not washed away entirely yet. He made sure to stick to a strict discipline of reserving Djed still.

Now came the part where he filled the sigil, another time he was to focus. Again the staff was implemented, touched to one dagger then the other. He applied a different spell to each one, an emotional response of loyalty in one and responsibility in the other. The simple charges were cast without any difficulty, and it was time to continue on. "This is your true test Vien. If you truly accept me as your master, share the same sense of trust and loyalty as I do, then you may prove it now. This is the finale of your first test, and passing it shall offer you the greatest gift you will ever come to know."

The Chained One gestured eyed the daggers before him with excitement. "These are products of Reimancy, and they are used in the initiation. The catch with me being able to give you the discipline is that it is beyond painful. And while this can indeed be a useful learning tool, there is a much better way." He gave a hefty sigh and slumped forward, his voice now unusually soft. "I am capable of awakening a Reimancer's ability in a peaceful way that enhances natural instinct. Your last test of loyalty is to allow me to guide you through an Awakening. Complete the rite and wake as my apprentice. There is no turning back now."

Miro knelt down and placed his staff before his knees. He grabbed the first of the daggers and placed it in Vien's hand. "Use this to cut the palm of your hand, and as you do, it shall taste your blood. When it does, it will activate, and its magic will be released. Then use the other to cut your other palm. After this is done you will be ready for the Reposing." As the initiate would slice his palm the dagger's trigger would activate, and the Glyphing would flash red for a moment before the entire spell crumbled to black dust. The effects would be minor, though would enhance any already existing feelings quite well.

Finally the Reimancer would give his final instructions. "And now for the Reposing, a very peaceful technique. Just lay on your back and stare at the ceiling. Clear your mind of everything and focus only on my words." He gave an order to his Familiar telepathically. "Ender, hover above Vien in your natural form, be ready to assist in my hypnosis." The Irylid assumed his natural form, a highly reflective silver orb of ice. He was nearly three feet in diameter by now and hovered effortlessly above Vien. The Symenestra would be able to clearly see his reflection painted in the icy surface.

Again the wizard's attention was once again shifted to his initiate. He rose with Ionu's Light in hand and once again positioned it on Vien's chest again. A nod was given to Ender and The wizard began to empower his words as suggestions through his staff. The Djed flowed in at a constant rate as he spoke in a smooth and calming voice. "Your body is relaxed and all stray thoughts are fading from your mind. You are focused only on listening to my words and staring into Ender's surface. Everything else is drifting away, and my voice is all that fills your mind. My voice is soothing, and my every word calms you more."

While the undead spoke his Hypnotism, the Familiar channeled his through sight. He pushes his influence in the form of emotional responses into Vien's gaze. First relaxation, then bliss, and finally calmness. Knowing what was to come next, the Irylid implanted a silent suggestion, "I am sleepy." He then shifted his emotional response to that of weariness and continued to channel it while Miro finished. He spoke more hypnotic words empowered by suggestion. "Your consciousness is slipping away from you, and you feel sleep is nearly upon you. But you don't want to fight it, it is inviting, and you know that the sweetest dreams await you. When you hear me snap, your consciousness will fade, not to return until you hear me snap again."

Miro gently laid his staff on the ground and snapped his fingers with a loud crack. He was unsure if the process had worked or not, but he was winded from the casting. It would not have been so bad if not for the constant chaining. It seemed like it was one spell after another, and he was quickly reaching his limit. For today he would spare no more Djed than to finish initiating Vien. The rest would have to wait. The initiation that would come next would be simple enough. However without a night to meditate and rest, he could not complete the Awakening.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Den of the Undead

Postby Vien Lotus on January 17th, 2014, 3:25 am

Standing, Vien watched as his master performed another marvel. As Miro manipulated his djed, Vien could not peel his eyes away. At first the shapes were vague leaving Vien clueless as to what Miro could possibly be making but after he had finished his work it was all to clear. The two daggers stood out like a sore thumb in tiny room leaving Vien breathless as he observed them. He was allowed little time to silently observe them because Miro started explaining the final test. At the mention of cutting himself he seemed somewhat hesitant at first. He was not used to that sort of pain and then there was the fact that he must inflict it on himself. Frankly he did not want to but Miro was asking it of him and he had come this far. He could not turn back at the first sign of pain. So he did as he was told. As the blade licked his hand the blood slid down it's length causing the first trigger to activate. The pain was intense but Vien did not let that stop him.

With his injured hand he grasp the other dagger and slid the blade the length of his palm. Then as Miro commanded he obediently took up his position in the floor once more and awaited the final test. It wasn't long until Ender made his way onto the scene. Vien watched him hover above him but as soon as he expanded something began to happen. As Vien watched his reflection in the Ender's sleek surface Miro began to speak once again. His words poured over him bathing him in a sense of relaxation. At first it was his body then soon after his mind. At it's climax Vien felt nothing, and even though Miro was still talking his mind was no longer paying attention all he could think about was sleeping. It was then that Miro snapped and Vien slowly closed his eyes dozing off into one of the most restful nights of sleep he had had in a very long time.
Vien Lotus
Player

Character sheet

Next