[Note by Crosspatch] Dale Ivory

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Dale Ivory

Postby Dale Ivory on January 22nd, 2014, 8:31 am

Dale Ivory

Appearance

Race: Human
Birthday: 2nd Day of Spring, 496 AV
Birthplace: Zeltiva

Appearance: About 5’ 7” with a slim runners build and short, very slightly curly brown hair. Jade green eyes adorn a sharp nose and wide jaw, making him seem stonelike and serious in his idle moments.

Theme

Last edited by Dale Ivory on January 24th, 2014, 8:43 am, edited 11 times in total.
Dale Ivory
Zeltiva's Swiftest Messenger

Words: 8252
Joined roleplay: January 22nd, 2014, 6:08 am
Character sheet

Dale Ivory [WIP]

Postby Dale Ivory on January 22nd, 2014, 8:31 am

Skills

Physical
Image Skill EXP Total Proficiency
Image Acrobatics 15 SP 15 RB 30 Competent
Image Running 20 SP 20 Novice
Image Climbing 15 SP 15 Novice

Mental
Image Skill 1 # SP # Novice

Social
Image Skill 1 # SP # Novice

Lore
Lore of Zeltiva Streetplan
Lore of Basic Acrobatic Maneuvers

Language
Fluent Language: Common
Basic Language: Fratava
Poor Language: None
Last edited by Dale Ivory on January 24th, 2014, 5:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
Dale Ivory

Character sheet

Dale Ivory [WIP]

Postby Dale Ivory on January 22nd, 2014, 8:33 am

Possessions

Clothing
Image Name Description Origin
Image Simple Shirt An unadorned brown rough shirt with fraying hems and a thin black cord to tie it Starting Package
Image Simple Pants Thin, black pants with a drawstring tie in the front, the inside of the thighs covered in leather to avoid chafing while running. Starting Package
Image Simple Undergarments A simple pair of white undergarments, stained from years of use. Starting Package
Image Simple Vest A badly scuffed brown leather vest, fading to black along the edges Starting Package
Image Simple Boots More accurately described as footwraps, these are foot-shaped rough leather bags tied and held together with cord, ideal for urban climbing Starting Package
Image Leather Belt A thin, oiled brown leather belt with two small copper "shields" at each end, the links of a long bronze chain holding the two ends together Starting Package
Image Leather Gloves A pair of fingerless leather gloves, ideal for urban climbing Starting Package
Image Padded Armor Cream-colored quilted armor covering the chest, back and shoulders, keeping a light weight while still adding protection from falls and other blunt force trauma Starting Package
Image Belt Pouch Great for holding letters, money and small packages, this small bag fits easily onto a belt Starting Package

Weapons
Image Dagger A short steel blade with a polished whale bone handle Starting Package
Image Dagger Sheathe A small leather sheathe with a tightening belt, made to fit the dagger Starting Package

Expendable
Image Waterskin A rough waterskin made from a sheep stomach, a grey leather shoulder sling attached for easy carrying Starting Package
Image Balanced Rations (1 Week) Bread, cheese, and some dried fruit make for a good meal in a pinch Starting Package
Image Flask of Lantern Oil (20) A pint flask of lantern oil that burns for 6 hours. Starting Package

Misc.
Image Comb A roughly made and well-used wooden comb Starting Package
Image Brush A horsehair brush with a wooden handle Starting Package
Image Soap Handmade herbal soap made to smell like honey Starting Package
Image Razor A poorly made yet needlessly sharp steel razorblade for shaving Starting Package
Image Eating Utensils An iron fork, knife and spoon for eating with Starting Package
Image Flint & Steel All the materials you need for making a fire, save for tinder Starting Package
Image Leather Scroll Case A simple brown leather scroll case with a shoulder sling for easy carrying Starting Package
Image Simple Backpack Made of rough leather and old fishing nets, this green and brown messenger bag has been with Dale since his first message trip Starting Package
Image Hooded Lantern A simple hooded lantern made from brass Starting Package

Heirloom: A delicately fashioned copper pendent with a polished amber stone set into the center on a copper chain.

Housing

House: Cottages or flats, roughly 20x20, includes a hearth, bunk, chest, chair, and table.

Ledger

Purchase Cost Total
Dagger -2 GM 98 GM
Dagger Scabbard -2 GM 96 GM
Leather Belt w/ Simple Chain -4 GM 91 GM
Belt Pouch -1 GM 90 GM
Table Spoon -1 CM 89 GM 9 SM 9 CM
Table Fork -1 CM 89 GM 9 SM 8 CM
Padded Armor -5 GM 84 GM 9 SM 8 CM
Leather Gloves -1 GM 83 GM 9 SM 8 CM
Leather Scroll Case -1 GM 82 GM 9 SM 8 CM
High Leather Boots w/ Simple Buckles -6 GM 76 GM 9 SM 8 CM
Hooded Lantern -7 GM 69 GM 9 SM 8 CM
20 Flasks of Lantern Oil -2 GM 67 GM 9 SM 8 CM
Last edited by Dale Ivory on January 24th, 2014, 5:00 am, edited 17 times in total.
Dale Ivory

Character sheet

Dale Ivory [WIP]

Postby Dale Ivory on January 22nd, 2014, 8:33 am

Character Questions

General Information :
1. What is your Name?
Dale, Dale Ivory.
2. Do you go by a nickname or pet name?
My friends call me Bone sometimes, because of my last name…
3. How old are you?
I’m on my way to seeing my 18th Spring in 514.
4. What is your height?
About two beer barrels tall.
5. What is your weight?
Nearly 11 stone.

Aesthetics :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
I…guess I’m okay? Uhhh…I have brown hair and green eyes, slim figure. I probably have a little too much leg hair…oh, probably shouldn’t have said that.
2. Describe yourself as others typically see you.
How am I supposed to know that? Uhhh…I guess others would say I’m kinda small, even for my height, and most people think I’m a lot shorter than I am.
3. What is your favorite body feature?
My hands…or anyones hands, really. They can be used for so many different things…so versatile. I wish I had more hands. The Ephyrians have my envy.
4. How physically fit are you?
I like to think I’m very fit, I have to be if I’m going to do my job well. I run every day, climbing up and down buildings, dashing through streets and jumping from rooftop to rooftop. I’m very fit.
5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
Style? I don’t know…practical? I dress for my work, and make sure I do it well. I can’t afford anything too fancy…so most of my clothes are fairly simple and made to let me be light on my feet and flexible.

Family :
1. Who are your parents and what are they like?
I never knew my dad, or if I did I can’t remember him. He was a Svefra sailor that used to come into port once a year for a month to trade and resupply. He and mother had me and…well, one year he just didn’t come back. I don’t know what happened to him, but I carry the necklace he gave me as a babe always. My mother was a nice woman, stern but kind. She died in the Djed Storm, along with my half-sister. I’ve been on my own since.
2. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
I had a younger half-sister named Eliza. She was a bright little girl of 9 when the storm took her. I miss her so…
3. What is your extended family like?
If I have any I don’t know of them and I doubt they know of me. I don’t know what I would do if I met my father’s family pod…it would have to be some sort of miracle for them to even know it was me. And I expect no miracles.
4. Do you consider close friends as important or more/less important than family?
If I had anyone to call family, they would always come first. Now, my friends are the only family I have.
5. Do you treat animals like family?
Animals? I like them…but not enough to consider them my blood, no.

I was born into the sea, my mother believing the water was in my blood as much as the earth. My mother birthed me on the beach as the tide rolled in. Laviku washed me, and was the first to hold me in his arms.
2. Where do you live now?
I live in a small 20x20 stone cellar on East Street. The home my mother’s family owned used to be above, but it was destroyed by the Djed Storm. As the only heir to the land I got to keep it, though it isn’t much use to me now. I live in what was once the cellar, and I sold the land above on the cheap on the condition that I got to keep my living space. It isn’t much…but it’s all I have left of my mum and sis.
3. If you could live anywhere in Mizahar where would that be?
Oh…I don’t know. Syliras sounds nice but I don’t think I’ll ever be able to afford to move from Zeltiva.
4. Do you have a favorite place to vacation or spend leisure time?
I don’t really get much leisure time…but what little I do is spent out on the beach or in a pub. I love to watch the sea roll… it’s calming.
5. Where do you fear to be?
Fear…I live in the heart of East Street. I fear to be outside most nights, with or without a dagger.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
I have a few scars from bad falls, mostly on my hands. My heels and fingers get blistered fairly often, too.
2. Are you right handed or left handed?
Left.
3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I’m told that I speak quietly, but concisely and with purpose. I tend to not like speaking up, interrupting or raising my voice. I can speak Common and Fratava.
4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I’m told that I stutter when I’m nervous or ashamed…and sometimes tend to pause in the middle of sentences while I think.
5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
I don’t have any and I can’t really imagine spending my money on something so aesthetic like that… I barely have enough to scrape by as it is.

Occupations :
1. What is your occupation?
I work as a courier throughout Zeltiva, carrying messages and packages from one place to another.
2. Do you like/dislike your work? Why?
I enjoy it… it’s fairly care free and allows me to pick my own hours, though I rarely take time off. Running feels like flying to me, and who wouldn’t want to be paid to fly?
3. If you could be anything you wanted to, what would you be?
I don’t know…perhaps a falcon or a wealthier man…either would be acceptable.
4. What occupation do you admire the most? Why?
I admire sailors very much, as they do what I do but across enormous spans of ocean rather than city blocks, on great wooden ships rather than fleet feet. I’m greatly impressed by them.
5. What occupation do you least like? Why?
I can’t say I’m all too fond of mages of most kinds. I can’t trust something so complex and mysterious.

Childhood :
1. What sort of child were you?
I was fairly rambunctious, running around and swimming as often as I could. I remember being told I was loud…seems a lot has changed since then.
2. What is your favorite memory from childhood?
I remember…mother, Eliza and I all went down to the docks one summer evening to watch the sunset, eating some shrimp that had just come in that day. We talked until the moon was high in the sky…and mum had to carry Eliza home because she fell asleep. It was magical…
3. What is your worst memory from childhood?
I…I can still remember being sent to the cellar to hide from the storm, taking Eliza with me. I tried to keep her with me but she wanted to get her doll and I couldn’t keep hold of her… She made it upstairs just as the house came crashing down. I was stuck down there for two days in the dark as my sisters legs rotted on the stairwell… I can’t imagine anything worse than that.
4. What sort of relationship did you have with your parents?
My father was absent, but my mother was kind and caring, if quite stern. She taught languages at the University, and taught me to read and write.
5. Who was your most influential rolemodel?
Likely my mum. She was smart and very good to me.

Education :
1. What sort of education do you have?
Nothing too impressive… I know how to read and write, and I’m bilingual but…nothing official. I never went to University like my mum.
2. Do you like/dislike learning?
I don’t know…It’s alright. I like to read and learn things that way, and I deal well with lectures. Interactive activities are difficult for me, though…
3. Where or how did you learn most of your skills/abilities?
Practice, mostly. After my family died all I could think of is how much I wanted to run from everything. I climbed buildings and ran across rooftops, looking for a way to escape the dark thoughts that ruled me at the time. One day a man assumed I was a courier and paid me to take a letter across town… Since then I haven’t stopped.
4. How do you learn best?
Reading, I think. I love learning about new things and new places.
5. What are your educational goals for the future?
I’d like to become fluent in Fratava, and maybe learn how to use the dagger I own…

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
I haven’t since my parents dies because I’ve been so busy trying to just survive. Though, now I have a little bit of savings and can spend more time with people…I think I can give them a chance. I don’t see why I wouldn’t be able to form bonds with others.
2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
I guess I really haven’t given anyone the opportunity to break my trust since the storm. I think I could trust them, I’d simply be afraid to lose them.
3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
Heteroflexable Demisexual.
4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.
There was a girl I knew, the daughter of one of my mother’s fellow professors. We’d have dinner parties often, and in the Spring of 512 she kissed me for the first time. It was…rather surprising, really. It felt like electric shocks were going through my body, a feeling that I have yet to feel since… I lost track of her as the years went by, and had forgotten about her until just now…
5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
No, I haven’t.

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
I believe I got drunk when I was still exploring ways to escape my sorrow in the winter following the storm. I traded the innkeep beer for an hour of helping him fix up the place so customers could come back again. I was drunk on the job most days and didn’t last a week there…
2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
I drink socially… and never to really get drunk. I enjoy the buzz, but losing control like that…I like to keep my wits about me so I can make it into bed with my throat and coinpurse intact.
3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
[i]Beer, most days, though I’ve been known to drink mead on a bad day.

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
I haven’t.
5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
They serve as a means for escape from the everyday life, an escape I no longer actively pursue.

Likes and Dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
I like puzzles, and tend to enjoy word games and thinking up riddles.
2. Do you like to read?
Very much. If I could be paid to read I assure you I’d be a richer man.
3. What annoys you more than anything else?
Tough guys, bullies and brutes. They have some serious issues to work out.
4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Sit and watch the sunset from the docks, sharing a meal with someone I care for.
5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
Oh…many things. Sexual advances, comments about my appearance be they positive or negative, speaking out of turn or otherwise being accidentally rude. My mother raised me to be polite and mindful of others, so when others don’t show me the same courtesy by being more straightforeward I tend to get embarrassed.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
I like parchment cream color…it’s simply enjoyable to look at. It many be one of the reasons I deal with paper for a living.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
My favorite time of day is the dawn hours, when everyone is still sleeping and I can rise to meet the cool early morning in solitude.
3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
I saw the shipmakers building a Mizaharan once. Fantastic ship, beautiful with fantastic décor. I hope to own my own ship someday…that would be a dream come true.
4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I adore seafood of all kinds, though I admit I’m particularly fond of a layered spinach and pinto bean soup with bacon. I’ve never been a great fan of red meat, however… too fatty. If I’m to eat land meat it’s going to be poultry.
5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
Clear days are my favorite, though I don’t mind the soft coastal rain now and again. Storms tend to keep me indoors… I really don’t enjoy storms.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
[i]I like to think I’m realistic, but I suppose everyone does. I don’t know…I’m somewhere in between.
2. What are your religious views?
The Gods are mighty and powerful, but they care little for me and as such I give them little in return. I thank those that help me but don’t actively worship any single god or goddess.
3. Would you be able to kill?
I don’t know…I’ve never been pushed. I suppose if I had to in order to survive, I would.
4. What are your views on sex?
I hear it can be very nice, but I also know a number of prostitutes on East Street that tell me of how they feel they are being raped for someone else’s gain. I prefer to wait for the right person to come about.
5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
Achieving a state of control where only the gods are above you in authority.

Actions :
1. What is the worst and best thing you’ve ever done?
The best thing I’ve done? In terms of morality I guess I would have to say donating some of my time to the Orphanage after the storm. I only barely dodged ending up there myself, and I felt that I was obligated to help the newly orphaned. If my sister had survived instead of me, she would have been there. I had to do it for her. As to the worst thing I’ve done…I may have stolen a loaf of bread once or twice from the bakery on West Street. It wasn’t their best bread, and I was starving but…I still feel bad.
2. What is your greatest regret?
Not being able to stop Eliza from leaving the safety of the basement.
3. What is your best/worst memory?
Those two long days in the dark cellar, listening to the storm rage on before someone came to help me out.
4. If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be and why?
I would have wanted my mother and sister to survive the storm… My life would be so different if they had.
5. What are you the most proud of doing in your life?
Getting back on my feet and surviving the hardships that came with losing my family and my home. It’s tough to bounce back from something so terrible.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
I do my best to be polite, and often mask negative emotions with more favorable ones. However, my praise and enjoyment is always honest.
2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
I tend to be biased against men, simply for their typical natures.
3. What makes you happy?
Many things make me happy. Kittens, books, fresh bread and butter. Most nights I’m simply pleased that I have a full belly.
4. Who or what, if anything, would you die for?
If I found a cause worth dying for, I would. I have yet to find such a purpose, but mother always said that if there’s nothing you’ll die for, you have nothing to live for.
5. What makes you angry?
Bullies and idiots, and those who abuse women. Adultery also makes me furious.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
I try to be polite and as kind as I can without getting in the way.
2. Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
Currently, I am, simply because I haven’t found the time to let anyone else in, and my survival has come first every day since the storm. I don’t know any other way to live.
3. Who is the person you respect the most, and why?
Kenabelle Wright, if nobody else, for her perserverence and intelligent way to do something nobody had ever done before.
4. Do you have a spouse or significant other? If not, describe an ideal lover.
I don’t…but I suppose the ideal lover would be someone who would make up for where I fall short. We need to be compatible while helping each other grow.
5. Do you trust anyone to protect you? Who, and why?
Protect me? No…not right now, anyway.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
I try to avoid conflict as best I can, and resolve in quickly should it become inevitable.
2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
Oh, no, very rarely. I’m capable of it, but I have to be really passionate about something in order to take charge.
3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
It’s easy to disappear in a large crowd…so whether that’s good or not really depends on my mood and the situation.
4. Do you care what others think of you?
My mother used to say you are only what others see of you. As such I’ve tried to keep my best foot forward on every occasion.
5. What do you think of others, in general?
People will always work in their own self interest, for better or worse.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
I don’t know…my open mindedness and willingness to take advantage of opportunity.
2. What is your greatest weakness?
Likely my nervousness and indecisiveness.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
To be more deliberate and sure in my actions.
4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Introverted.
5. Are you generally organized or messy?
Organized.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
If I had to choose…likely Yshul. She’d so deviously straightforward in her goals, and makes her intentions clear. Morality aside, I admire that.
2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
Rhysol…and The Voice. I want nothing to do with their back-handed deceit.
3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
Not yet.
4. What lengths would you go to please your deity?
As I am not dedicated to any in particular…I don’t know. If a god earned my faith I see no reason to stop short of anything less than self-sacrifice.
5. Where do you draw the line at pleasing your deity? What is too much?
In the end it all comes down to what we did. Nothing is too much when in service to a power higher than yourself.

Life & Death :
1. What do you absolutely live for?
Gaining and maintaining control of my life.
2. What is the best part of life?
The gaining of wealth, control and responsibility.
3. What is the best part of death?
Release from the bonds of responsibility and your dependents.
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
At a time and method of my own choosing, so that I might maintain control even in death.
5. What is the one thing for which you would most like to be remembered after your death?
My ability to make something beautiful out of nothing, to organize the darkness into something bright.
Last edited by Dale Ivory on January 24th, 2014, 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dale Ivory

Character sheet

Dale Ivory [WIP]

Postby Dale Ivory on January 24th, 2014, 5:59 am

Thread List

Winter, 513 AV

2nd - A Cold, Cold Day
4th - A Night Down East Street