Closed An Unexpected Guest (Mercy)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

An Unexpected Guest (Mercy)

Postby Zamira on January 31st, 2014, 4:16 pm

She blinked as he told her how long he had been living out in the woods, brows furrowing as blue eyes took in Mercy's ragged appearance. Things made a bit more sense now, at least his ways of enteracting with people. Tugging her other leg to her chest, she wrapped her arms around her chin and shifted closer to the fire. "Don't you ever get lonely? Spending the night in a tavern evern now and that doesn't really make up for no human contact, and I can't imagine that you get many people willing to sit down and chat with you after you..." What would she call that? "Greet them?"

A blush swept across her cheeks at the word beautiful, her nose wrinkling in silent protest as she turned her gaze towards the the fire. "I'm more than aware of the dangers of the forest and the road, though after my asinine actions of this morning I don't blame you for doubting that. Normally I travel with merchants or other musicians, today I felt like striking out on my own for some reason. As for the what and why, I'm taking a year of proving. For one year and one day I will travel the lands of Mizahar to find the song that Rhaus has composed for me"

She smiled and shrugged, one hand reaching up to tug at the end of her braid in a show of nerves. "I'm sure you won't understand, not many do. I guess another way of saying it is that I am to learn as much about myself and the life of a traveling musician. I can only hope that Rhaus will guide me and keep me safe." She shrugged again and hunched tucked her chin between her legs, chewing on her bottom lip as she watched the fire. "I've traveled for about three seasons now, though some days it feels like years instead. I think the real reason I decided to leave Zeltiva was the hope that I could hear Mizahar's songs better. It's hard to feel the beat of the world when you are surrounded by people who's song do not harmonize with your own"

She chanced a quick look up at Mercy as she finished her disjointed explanation, her fingers still tugging at her braid. The last time she had explained why she was traveling people either laughed at her or gave her strange looks, as if she were trying to make herself and her profession seem more glamorous than it was. There were no noble deeds when you were a musician, it wasn't the same as a traveling swordsman or holy person, but it was a life that made her happy... The only life she had known, after all.
Zamira
May my heart beat in tune with Rhaus's song

Words: 10713
Joined roleplay: January 17th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Previous