Open Haunted docks

A melancholic ghost is on the edge of the docks.Will you help her, or will you butcher her?It is up to you, my friend!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Haunted docks

Postby Gui mea on February 1st, 2014, 2:13 am

day 58, winter, 513 AV
It has been a while.A while, she thought.She was on the edge of the docks, looking down the ocean, with her golden pendant hanging on her neck.It was tiring to always carry it...but if she didn't, then she would easily lose it.

She could still remember the day of her death in detail, but yet, she did not want to remember it.Her eyes began to get teary as she remembered the last few days of her life, closing her eyes as she did so, a small tear falling down,on the wooden boards of the docks.It was day time,but yet, she thought she was safe.Safe from the danger of being spotted.She was trying her best to disguise herself as someone alive, keeping herself looking as alive as she could...but anyone who gave her more than just a quick glance could notice she wasn't your normal, everyday girl.

The edges of her body were blurry, and could easily be spotted upon closer inspection.She was still trying to master the ability of materialization, only grasping the basics of it.But yet, she thought it was enough for her to stay there...to look at the edge of the horizon.

"It is beautiful..."
She muttered to herself.But She wasn't able to truly feel it, the smell, the wind, and the temperature.She was solid, but yet, she knew she wasn't alive.It was obvious she wasn't alive, and all she could do was whimper about it...but yet she didn't do it.She didn't want to make her parents sad.She wanted to be the daddy's daughter she always was.
I want to be the daddy's girl.Gui mea thought to herself, as she slowly sat down on the edge of the wooden board, not being scared in the slightest about falling down into the water.She just wanted to enjoy the moment, and appreciate the beautiful ocean.

She then looked down, to her golden pendant.It was precious for her, after all, it remembered her of the most precious time of her life: the time that she was alive.She closed her eyes, trying to imagine her parents again...but nothing.Ever since she was dead, she barely could remember her parents' face, in fact, she had trouble on even remembering their names.Who were her parents?Was her father well-known?During her childhood she was isolated inside her home, barely, if ever, coming out of it.

For her, the outside world...the world outside of her home was both wild, and dangerous.She looked up to the skies, with a faint smile.
"Mother...Father...please hear me...please guide me, just once more."

But her words were met with only vague emptiness.Not even the wind blowed, as she looked towards the sky, waiting for a reply.Were her parents uncaring?Or maybe they weren't around in the moment? These thoughts haunted her mind as she continued staring at the sky.

"I promise you, father, mother...I promise that I'll be the daughter both of you always wished for.I won't abandon my goal...the goal to be the best daughter that ever existed."

As soon as she finished saying that, she turned back to the docks,looking happier than ever...but she was already having trouble keeping herself materialized, soulmist starting to be visible around her.
Gui mea
Player

Words: 10175
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2014, 2:18 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Haunted docks

Postby Eiri on February 3rd, 2014, 10:04 am

It was late in the afternoon and Eiri was walking along the road leading to the docks. There was almost no one there. Merchants had closed their shops and workers had long gone home, sitting by the hearth with their family or going to their fluffy beds. The wind was howling angrily, carrying thousand drops of drizzle to the street. All was surrounded by cold silence. Eiri pulled the hood of her cloak lower to keep the rain out of her face, while looking indifferently at the moonlit water. The relaxing rhythm of the splashing water was like a lullaby, sweet and gentle. It soothed her soul and pulled her into a warm embrace that could not be thrown off.

"May be the direction of light is wrong", she ran her fingers through her chestnut hair,"Or is it the color usage?"

Eiri was still arguing with herself about the painting she had painted earlier, eyes focusing on the ground. It had been on her mind since she left home and refused to let go so she chose the docks as a place to think. As she was walking along the boardwalk, she abruptly stopped and looked up. It was pure instinct and Eiri knew that she was not alone. She soon found out that there was a girl standing there in a knee-length dress, her face filled with cheerfulness and determination.

“It’s rare to see people out here this late”, she talked to herself.

It was dark but thanks to the dimly lit light on the street, Eiri 's still able to see the white smoke swirling around her body. Something in Eiri's head rang like a bell as it hit her: that girl's a ghost. When she was young, the kids in the orphanage used to tell her that ghosts had something called Soulmist that looked like white smoke twirling around their body had their touch was harmful to the living. Aside from that, she knew almost nothing about ghosts.

She had fallen into a dangerous situation and she had too many disadvantages. The artist had no weapon with her and she knew little about hand to hand combat. Moreover, could one even harm a ghost with steel or flesh?

There was only one suitable option left: run for her life. She must get out of the ghost's sight before it noticed her. The artist slowly backed off, turned around and silently took a few steps. Then, she ran with all her might. Run! Run! Run! But somehow, fate didn't favored her. It was dark and she didn't noticed a big rock on the boardwalk. It made her trip and fall down hard. A loud thud could be heard. There was no way that ghost couldn't hear the sound just now.

Looking down, she found that her ankle had been sprained and swelled up. However, the pain helped her think and focus better. What could she do now? She could no longer run.

“Wait…ghosts used to be human, right? Can I somehow made her spare my life by talking to her?” ,Eiri thought, ”And, if I lucky enough, this one could be reasoned with”.
Last edited by Eiri on February 6th, 2014, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eiri
Ravok's Artist

Words: 6729
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Haunted docks

Postby Gui mea on February 3rd, 2014, 4:03 pm

Gui mea heard the thud, and 'walked' towards where she heard the sound.She was scared now, few people ever saw that she's a ghost, after all she never left the ruins of her home during the day.She only left when she knew that the place would be deserted.

But when she got closer, she realized the woman wasn't running anymore.She was barely trying to flee now, by some reason.

That fact gave Gui mea two options: either make her a friend, or make her dead.But she wasn't even sure how she could kill a human, after all she had no weapons, and she was even weaker than she was before.Deciding the latter option wasn't a good choice, even if the human was helpless, she decided to not be hostile.But another idea appeared inside her mind.Maybe she could possess the lonely human?

The very idea brought an evil grin on Gui mea's face.She missed being made of flesh and bones.She missed being alive...but now she could finally see an opportunity to feel how it is to be alive again.

"I'm sorry, but I'll borrow your body for a while."

The ghost said, as she slowly moved into inside the woman's body, going right through it.She had little to no experience on possessing anyone, and even then she could easily be kicked out.But yet, she wanted to try being alive again.

"Don't worry, I won't harm you..."

The ghost reassured the woman, in an attempt to make her calm down as she slowly tried to make the woman get up.Any kind of struggle would be enough to block Gui mea's movements, though.
Gui mea
Player

Character sheet

Haunted docks

Postby Eiri on February 4th, 2014, 4:48 am

Hearing the thud, the ghost turned around. She began to walk towards Eiri's direction. The ghost face displayed a expression that could be interpreted as fear.
"Strange" ,thought Eiri,"Are my eyes fooling me?, there is no way that she was scared because of ...a mere human."

As she got closer, Eiri muttered:"Hello..."

She could saw her clearly now. The ghost was wearing a blue dress and had white hair. Her blue eyes bore right through where Eiri's siting. Her body was translucent and her edges were blurred, soulmist twirling slowly around her body. Her face is tinted with sadness and despair, eyes looking thoughtful for a while.

Then, the ghost grinned evilly. The artist knew, there wouldn't be something good came out of it. For the first time, the ghost spoke, with an ethereal voice:""I'm sorry, but I'll borrow your body for a while."

Right after saying that, the ghost walked over. Eiri moved her hand and tried to back off where the ghost couldn't reach her but the ghost was much faster than Eiri was. As she slowly moved into the artist's body, going right through it, she heard the ghost's voice:"Don't worry, I won't harm you..."

It felt as though someone had thrown a bucket of iced water on her body. Beneath her paper white skin, blue veins are pulsing slowly. Her hands and legs started to move on its own as Eiri stood up and wobbled along the boardwalk.

"Wait!", Eiri thought, trying to regain her balance.
"Please get out of my body" The artist said out loud, trying to push the ghost out.
Last edited by Eiri on February 6th, 2014, 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eiri
Ravok's Artist

Words: 6729
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2014, 2:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Haunted docks

Postby Gui mea on February 4th, 2014, 4:17 pm

Gui mea was indeed pushed out,looking quite annoyed at the artist's actions.She truly wanted to find a way to possess someone, but it was hard to do it.Even weak-willed people, like the artist, was able to push her out.That annoyed Gui mea a lot, as she frowned, still looking at Eiri.

"But...I want to know how it feels to be alive...even if it is just for a while."

The ghost said, in an almost begging tone.She truly wanted to feel to be a human another time, after all, she could only hear and see things ever since she was a ghost.She barely could interact with the real world, feel the gravity keeping her on the ground, feel people hugging her.It was truly a frightening experience.

She turned away, looking deep in thought.She was trying to find a way to convince the woman to allow possession.'maybe she's lonely?or is she scared?' the ghost thought to herself, slowly turning back to the artist, hoping she did not take the opportunity to run away.

"Why you won't share your body with me?"

She asked, in a curious tone.Deep down, she knew she was being selfish by wanting to take away someone's body, but yet, she wanted to know how it felt to do it.She wanted to experience controlling someone's body.The little she experienced wasn't enough for her to truly know how it feels like, after all she got pushed out in the matter of seconds.

She waited for a reply, with excited eyes, hoping her question would make the woman consider the proposal.After all, it shouldn't be that bad.It is just losing her body for a few minutes, nothing more, and nothing less.Gui mea always took care of her dolls, so she was sure she wouldn't hurt the human while she was in her care.

"I take good care of my dolls, so don't worry, I won't hurt you"

Gui mea looked quite surprised at the words that came out of her mouth.Why did she say such thing?It made her look like a crazy psychopath that sees the living as dolls.She shook her head in embarrassment, trying to recover from the small shock

"I-I meant that I have good experience in playing with dolls... and because of that I won't hurt you while controlling you..."

Gui mea said, in a futile attempt to make herself look good.Or at least as someone who isn't evil.After all, she wasn't evil.Right?Right? she thought to herself, trying to assure she is the same kind woman she was while during her life.
Gui mea
Player

Character sheet