Solo [Job Thread] Firing the Ice

Saga fights for his life in the mines!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Job Thread] Firing the Ice

Postby Saga on February 3rd, 2014, 12:58 am

12th Day of Winter 513 A.V

The winter was as a bothersome season, depending on what city you reside in. In Riverfall it meant that working in the mines just became even more dangerous. Conditions became bitter at times.

So mages like Saga were useful around this team. He had power over fire and earth. It was no surprise when one of the other earth Reimancers who he was working with looked at him with bloodshot eyes.

"Hey Saga it's getting cold in here. Do you mind?"

Saga feigned a sigh but nodded nevertheless. He had just started his shift and it was early in the morning. So the cold had just begun too seep in. Near the workers there was a hole.

He walked over to it and held his hand over it. "You really should be able to do this by now." There was sudden change in his voice as it was charged with his hypnotic charm. The Djed flowed through his body up tp his mouth. They didn't know he had the power. There was a look of disappointment as he honestly thought about it. Saga guessed he wasn't as skilled yet and had called him out on it.

Good one. Vurik commented.

He sent his res into the ground and combined the earth with his fire. The ground started to change color. It started to become a bright yellow as it started to get hotter and hotter.

"There you go. Red hot." Saga creating magma for them.
Last edited by Saga on June 25th, 2014, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
In our minds

~Saga the Sage~----~Vurik the Force~
Saga
Lost Souls

Words: 52229
Joined roleplay: January 27th, 2014, 7:54 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Saga on February 23rd, 2014, 7:49 am

The heat pods only needed to be tended to once in a while throughout the season. Something Saga had figured out when the air and water Reimancer used his Ice element to cool the lava he created. It took almost a day to cool it with continuous tries.

But the result was sometimes it changes into igneous rock. When he tried re-liquefying it the rock was much easier to change then it was any other type of earth mineral.

So in the pods in the hallway lay small igneous rock they had made. Saga had a came back to the dig site with his digging partner and was about to resume work when he overheard loud voices escalating. It seemed it was being carried over from another tunnel.

"This is unacceptable and unprofessional Daris. The third time this week I can't have slackers in these tunnels." Heavy Tukant was being barked. It was one of the staff Air Reimancers. It seemed that they were in a heated argument for he heard a retort.

"I told you I would be late I have a newborn to care for and wife that is to sick to do so!"

"That doesn't sound like my problem. My problem is you. This was the last straw. Get your things, and leave. You'll get your pay for the day when you leave."

There was silence as the staff supervisor left Daris speechless. From the other tunnel it seemed to Saga that Daris would have to quietly concede to it. But he heard something else. A very stern, "No." Then a cry bellowed through the tunnels.
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Saga on March 3rd, 2014, 9:13 am

Saga quickly exchanged surprised glances with his fellow Reimancer as they heard the cry. They dropped their tools and went to see what happened in the other tunnel. There were only a few workers in these parts of the mines as such they were the quickest ones on the scene.

Saga led the way bustling as quick as he could to the other tunnel. When he reached the opening to the other shaft. The first thing he saw was Daris. Dirt and filth mimicked the Akontaks attire. He was standing there perplexed at something, staring with sweat beating down his brow.

The Otor followed his eyes and he came upon the body of the Supervisor. In his chest was firmly an large ice shard. Struck right in the left side of his chest, the lost look on his face declared he was dead upon impact. A sharp intake of air let him know that his partner had seen the body as well.

In heavy Tukant Saga said, "What happen? What have you done?" Then he took a step forward. Which seemed to bring Daris back to life, and his hands flew up instantly. "You will die if take another step forward."

The Akontak confused at the highly escalated situation tried to calm it down. "I won't. Relax. But maybe perhaps you can tell me what will you do next?"

"They will all pay for this. It was not only his call but they deliberately are sabotaging my life!"

"I highly suggest you rethink that. You've already taken a life there's no need for more bloodshed." Saga concentrated his Djed into his voice creating power of suggestion. Hoping he can convince him not to continue on with this suicide mission. With his sudden burst of anger he wouldn't notice.

The Akalak next to Saga was exchanging glances at this hostile situation. And it seemed for a second Daris was reconsidering what he was doing. Then they all heard it. Shouts and men coming towards them. It seemed as if someone had called the guards.

They locked eyes for a second and the effect was lost. "Daris no-" he was cut off when Daris created an ice shard from his outstretched hands at them. The mage jumped to the evading it. Unaware of the sudden attack, the ice shard flung towards the Akalak behind Saga, and it pierced his stomach. He cried out in pure agnoy and keeled over from the attack. Possibly dead.

The Akontak was instantly on the offensive, a spark in his eyes. Daris began to retreat, but not before Saga retaliated. Back on his feet, he fed Res quickly into a large res ball in his hands. Daris was running now and he only had one shot. He sent it forward igniting the casing around it first and then fully as it exited his range.

A Firebolt soared at the Daris, and just as he turned the corner the bolt of fire exploded against the wall.

You almost got us killed. Do not trifle with him. Kill him before he kills us all! Vurik snapped.

I will stop him. He's going to overgive. And you'll be right. He'll kill us all.
Last edited by Saga on June 25th, 2014, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Saga on March 4th, 2014, 8:33 am

Saga considered going after him but the man next to him, who's name was Anton, was dying. He kneeled down and called out to the men looking for ruckus. The shard was keeping him from bleeding out but he was still in incredible pain. His face was stiff as his body went into shock from the attack. The mage put a hand on his face

"Hey! Stay focused, you're gonna be alright. Help is on the way." Saga said trying to reassure his comrade. But he didn't get to much reassurance just a lost look of looming death. It took a few chimes before backup actually showed up. There were 5 of the Kuvay'Nas and were armed and looking ready for action as they came in. They observed the situation quickly and saw the bodies.

"What happen here?" One of them asked.

Saga sitting over Anton's body looked up at him, "One of the workers have gone mad. Attacked everyone. It was too late for him." Making notion to the lifeless body below him. He had died only seconds before.

"Which way did he go?"

"Down this tunnel. I believe he was heading for an exit. I can show you the way." Saga didn't want to be left behind with all these bodies. Besides he needed to be stopped.

"Let us make haste. Lead the way." Saga quickly got up and began to head down the same tunnel Daris took earlier. He said quick prayer in his head. Priskil guide me. His god would provide him strength. As soon as he turned the corner he saw that further down it had been blocked.

The man was using magic at his fullest. He was able to make an ice barricade around the exit that would lead them out of the tunnel to the tents. Saga was impressed and took a look at the density of it. He heard grunts and hisses as the men behind him were upset. "How are we supposed to get past this?" The one who seemed to be leading pack of Akalak warriors.

"I can get past this."

"How? What can you do?" He seemed to rethink his question in his head, realizing that most Akontaks were gifted in the arcane arts.

"Trust me." There was a quick build up of Djed into the mages eyes as they locked on to the Akalaks. His eyes became charged with magic and it gave a hypnotic glare. Also dispersing Djed to his voice as he gave them his suggestion. It seemed that man did trust his words. Saga had a larger pool of Djed than most arcanist. He was sure he could go head to toe with Daris if it came to it. "Just take a few steps back." They obliged and gave the Otor his space to the blocked passage.

Calm your mind. You are the quiet Maelstrom. Vurik whispered in his mind.

Holding both of his hands out to the large wall of ice. He concentrated and a large flow of Res protruded from them. He ignited it using his element and sent a torrent of fire cascading against the Ice wall. Large flames of mage fire dazzled the Kavran's eyes. The fire beat against it relentlessly and it melted away at the heat of Saga's attack.

After holding the torrent of fire for almost ten seconds, the wall was all but evaporated. Saga took a couple deep breaths after that one, as the men cheered him for his efforts. The leader patted him on his back. "Guess it was a good thing to trust you. Lets go get this madmen." Saga nodded only trying to steady his breathing.

They hopped through the exit and Saga followed them out.
Last edited by Saga on June 25th, 2014, 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Saga on March 8th, 2014, 6:44 am

The very first thing that greeted them as they came out of the tent was the cold. Not just any cold, this cold was bitter and brutal, much more harsh than it was before. That ice wall had provided Darius enough time to pull more acts of atrocity.

Wind beat against them as they struggled to see. It was almost dark out, making a bit harder to see in the wind. The dark was of no problem to Saga, as he could see perfectly in the day and night, but he clearly why it was causing it to be so dark.

A large and dark ominous cloud loomed over them. The cold was getting even more restless. "We have to find him quickly." Although it was snowing and the wind was whipping past there eyes. The Kavran and Saga were able to see the messy trail he left behind in his quickness to escape.

Akontak took the lead on this one, they saw what he could and knew he could handle himself. Fighting through the tough weather, they went up a steep hill slightly obscured with barren trees. But it was becoming apparent to the group that there was a powerful gust coming from the top of it. Saga was the first to reach the top.

There he saw something he had never seen before him. The area around them was devasated, torn apart by the vicious winds. But that wasn't what caught his attention at first.

"By Priskil's hand." A shocked Saga said as he spotted Darius only a few yards away from him. Darius was surrounded by a white mist that surrounded him like a force field. Inside of it the Ice mage's face had been slowly transmuting to his elements choosing.

He's overgiving. Quickly kill him Saga!

Give me a second, I am working on it!

Hands outstretched and with his powers spiraling out of control. The Kavran move forward but stopped by a hand from Saga. "He can go off any second. He's overgiving. Getting to close could kill us all. Let me try to get close enough. I can handle it from there."

The wind rushing past their determined faces, they turned to one another and seemed to give a look of agreement. They trusted the Akontak. Saga took a step forward, he concentrated on his Djed again willing it to be heard in his voice, and shouted, "Darius are you not content with these deaths already!"

In the process of overgiving he had not noticed Riverfalls daring heroes. His shifted to the sound of Saga's voice, but in his eyes which frost had now covered mostly, he saw nothing.

"You have a child and a wife. Are you willing to put them in danger?" This time he gazed into his eyes, Saga's began to focus on his Djed and willed his eyes to have the hypnotic glare.

The effect seemed as if it sparked some recognition. And he merely croaked, "Sanaa...Mako." But as soon as his wits returned, his overgiving finally began to spiral out of control and his turned too ice.

"No! You have to stop!"The Akontak tried desperately to force his Djed into his voice, making it more forceful. The leader of the Kavran was getting antsy and had enough of this and stepped forward to deal Darius. Before he could even draw his sword and large blast of of wind brushed past all of them. Freezing them where they stood. It was fueled by the already raging winds whipping past them.

This however felt colder than ice and was literally freezing them. Darius was gone. Saga saw that now. He could feel the cold slowly freezing him. Too strong was the wind to fight past now. It was actually pushing them backwards. One of the Akalaks fell backwards down the hill as the wind tookhim. His hair frozen stiff, his body temperature lowered to a standstill. But he did not get up.

Saga braced himself past the wind and tried to ignore the cold feeling numbing his entire body. He was in danger of being frostbitten. He had to act quickly. He raised one hand to the ground only a few meters away from Darius and said in the Ancient Tongue, "Doto Ra." Thick Res shot from his hand and into the ground below the Ice mage.

Using his first home element and now his new element, he directed the Res back towards him. The Earth sprang from the ground around the Res and a large spike erupted from the ground, its tip burned red with magma. The Magma spike punched through whatever force field that was surrounding and went straight into his chest.
Last edited by Saga on June 25th, 2014, 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Saga on March 24th, 2014, 3:51 am

The magma spike went right through the middle of his chest. He had no armor on to stave off the piercing attack. Darius slumped forward onto the magma speak eructed right into him. The icy like field surrounding him disappeared but the storm seemed as if it was raging on. There was no blood dripping from his wound. As the extreme heat from the magma automatically cauterized it.

The magic had consumed him as he gave an expressionless glare from his turned head. Saga looked into his eyes and saw only death as the light was extinguished from them.

He looked behind him at his party. It seemed that they would live even though they were hit with a Flash Freeze attack. Something it seemed was designed to severely slow a group of invidiuals. Saga noted this magic use for later, whenever he was strong enough to learn other elements.

"Are you guys ok."

"We are fine Akontak. It seems your friend did not take your words into heart. Next time do not be so trusting however," the leader said to the Mage.

"Magic has always been a double-edged sword. In whatever direction it swings, the weakest always falls," Saga replied in a hush tone as they watched the raging snowstorm descend upon Riverfall.
In our minds

Saga
Lost Souls

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Gossamer on June 15th, 2014, 4:36 pm

XP AWARD!
Thanks for threading in Riverfall.

Character: Saga
Experience: Reimancy +4, Observation +1, Investigation +1, Rhetoric +1, Negotiation +1
Lore: Reimancy: heating cold miners, Darius: A mage who lost his mind.

Additional Note: Hi there.

I see what you were trying to do with this thread and it had great ideas. However, when you say something like “You really should be able to do this by now.” Giving him a dose of hypnotism…. I can’t really award you XP because you said you did the magic but you didn’t describe how you did it. The same goes for casting spells like creating fire by reimancy. You need to go through the whole process of generating res, igniting it, etc to get the skill award…. Which you get better at as the thread goes on. Still not enough detail, but I’m giving you the benefit of the doubt here.

Otherwise, without detail, you are wasting your typed words if you are indeed looking for XP. Now, that being said, feel free to run amock in this thread, fix these issues with a few inserted ‘how you did it’ descriptive sentences, and I can award you credit for both magics you were using.

In terms of creating lava… as lava bursts forth from the ground, it cools almost instantly when it his the air and forms lava rocks. So I can’t see a way for your ‘lava’ to stay warm and not cool once its surfaced and isn’t heated from below the earth continuously.. So realistically you can make lava, but you can’t keep it lava without continuous concentration and effort.

Also with as much magic as you threw around in that thread, there should have been some overgiving on your end. I didn’t see any. Keep that in mind for next time.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)