[Lenz] A Scrapbook of Wonder

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Lenz on February 3rd, 2014, 9:05 pm

Welcome Lovelies...

It's about time I make one of these things, more so for my sake than anyone else, but if you're interested in lurking around, then I won't stop you.

Now, I'm not very good at making introductions and everything, but just for now, I think I will give it a try...

I'm Lenz! No, there is not going to be any punning here, but I would like to give a shout out to Cyna Redsun for making fun. :P We were in chat one day and the topic of seeing things in a new perspective was brought up. Well, I had typed up the latest reply, and in seeing my name, someone just had to go right out and say 'it's as if I'm looking through a clearer lenz' or something along those lines. It was purposefully misspelled and everything, but I don't mind. I'm all for creative names and I thought Lenz sounded both feminine yet tough at the same time.

I have had experience roleplaying before, but definitely not on this level. Mizahar is something entirely different with their vast expanse of knowledge and all of the races and cities they have made. It was kind of overwhelming at first, but I love how passionate and dedicated the people who made this website were. Every other site I've been too has been sloppy and hectic, so when I found this place (although I can't recall I did) it was as if I was looking through a clearer 'lenz'. Haha.

I am currently blundering my way through high-school at the moment, but no, I have wiggled my way free of going to public school thanks to the bad experience I had in both seventh and eighth grade. To me, I feel that it is easier to learn and I can learn the things I want to without interruption and ignorance. But sometimes it gets lonely, so from noon to usually four in the afternoon is when I come online to find friends.

I think I'm a pretty creative person who has an interest in various things, everywhere from art to environmental field science to astronomy back to art again. I have a passion for writing, but sometimes you just don't have the time. But in joining Mizahar my imagination has been broaden and I have progressed in how I write and my writing style has improved, making more time in the day for me to do what I like.

Other than what I have just written above, I have no clue what else I should include, so I will just finish this introduction with an overview of what I plan on putting in this scrapbook. I could sum this up simply by saying...

Anything!

I will be posting things along the lines of different recipes to cute pictures found on Tumblr that give me an idea for a rant or discussion I wish to talk about. I could also post inspiring poems or sayings I found to be funny. The list of things is endless, but I just hope whoever is interested in looking through my scrapbook will stay around to see everything I do post! But just be forewarned that whatever I do post is going to be random at times and serious at others. Can you handle that kind of power?

Thanks for reading through all of this mumbo jumbo about who I am and what I like. Now, let the scrapbooking begin! :D

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Words: 528134
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2013, 9:04 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 3rd, 2014, 9:45 pm

Nail Polish and What Not

For the post following the wonderful introduction I wrote, I will be discussing the grand topic of nail polish art and how I am terrible at painting my own nails.

So, I had just recently watched the movie Despicable Me 2 and let me say, that movie was so cute. I think Steve Carell played the voice of Gru so well and after watching the interview from the bonus DVD, I realised that he had kept speaking in that tone of voice during the entire making of the movie! His wife and kids thought it was funny at first, but after a while they begged him to stop. I happen to love Steve and think his performance in Dinner for Schmucks and Anchorman to be hilarious. He's such a good actor when it comes to playing the idiotic guy. However, his character in Date Night was wonderful paired with Tina Fey.

Bah! I'm getting off topic! I even had some pictures and everything. Here, this is a picture of the cute minions from Despicable Me drawn as nail polish art:

And as I found that picture I kept searching for more and found Pikachu! Now, I'm not all into Pokémon and frankly I haven't even watched one episode of the TV series although someday I plan to. But I just saw this picture and I thought "I want to do that!"

As you can tell, I spend my time wisely. But a girl has to get ready, right? Put on all her makeup and do her hair? Spend hours in front of the mirror trying on different outfits? And nail polish is about of that routine, right? But alas, I am no artist and when it comes to polishing my nails, I need at least three layers of wide paper towels so that I don't paint the table underneath my fingers!

I let my mother paint my nails since I was little up until a few years ago. That's how terrible I am, so when I saw the picture down below I closed my computer lid and walked away like, "Nope. Not gonna happen."

I'd have those black spider webs up my arm by the time I had finished, I assure you. :P

I have heard of those 'stickers' that you can put on your fingers to make it look like you did all that fancy work, but I did a little digging and found out that these are in fact not stickers, and me being a huge superhero fan, I pouted, wishing I could have the magic powers of art.

Well, this post kind of turned into a little rant, but that's okay. It's a scrapbook after all, serving here for my purposes. I felt like today was finger nail day, and although I currently have no finger nail polish on at the moment, I...

Until next time!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 12:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 1:15 am

Hello there!

It's about time I submit another post for this scrapbook. Lately I have been very interested in writing and photo editing. When I say very interested I mean, 'spend more than six hours a day interested' for both of those things.

I have been writing up some of Lenz's solo threads for spring in advance so that when the time comes, I can have personal time for me during that season and not worry about the lack of action. That, and so I can thread even more now that I already have many threads already finished.

I am also interested in photo editing as I have said up above. I have my own studio which I post designs for random people willingly, like as a hobby. You can find it here to all those people who are reading this.

Now, I want to get to a more serious matter. The entire reason I started this scrapbook was to have fun little posts relating to all sorts of different things.

For this post I would like to shamelessly announce that I am a vegetarian and that I will be posting yummy and healthy vegetarian (and even vegan) recipes for everyone to see and use for their own personal reasons.

Let's start with a recipe I found not too long ago:

Crispy Orange Cauliflower Recipe

Note: Gluten, egg, and dairy-free
Servings: 2

Ingredients:

•1 small head of cauliflower, cut into small florets (You can use a pre-package of cauliflower bought from Trader Joe's)

For Flour Mixture:
•1 Tb flaxseed meal + 2 Tb water, allow to sit until thickens
•1/3 c. water
•1/3 c. corn starch
•1/4 c. Cara's gluten-free flour blend
•1 tsp oil

1. Blend all ingredients together until a nice batter is formed (shouldn't be too thick: think waffle batter consistency).

2. While you are doing this, heat up a skillet with 1/2 c. oil on medium/high heat. Make sure it has been properly heated.

3. Dip each small floret into the batter and make sure each piece is entirely covered.

4. Fry in oil until completely browned.

5. Allow to drain on a paper towel-lined plate.

For Orange Sauce:

•2 Tb oil
•3-4 garlic cloves, peeled and zested
•6 green onions, thinly sliced
•zest of 1 orange + juice of orange
•2 Tb soy sauce (gluten-free)
•2 Tb rice wine vinegar

1. In a clean skillet, heat oil and garlic for 1 minute.

2. Add green onions, zest and juice. Cook another 1 minute.

3. Add soy sauce and vinegar and bring to a boil. Toss in crispy cauliflower into the skillet and coat thoroughly. Keep on the pan briefly.

4. Place ontop of rice.

•1/4 c. orange juice
•1 tsp corn starch
•1 tsp brown sugar

1. In that same skillet, throw in the remainder ingredients and bring to a boil for just 1 minute, stirring constantly.

2. Drizzle over orange cauliflower and rice.

3. Garnish with green scallions, orange zest, and sesame seeds.

All credit goes here.

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 12:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 1:26 am

Here's a little song I can't help but always listen to. It's so beautiful and it always calms me whenever I'm stressed... anyone else?

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 1:40 am

Bucket List Ideas

This post will only revolve around the topic of bucket list ideas.

I don't know why, but for the past few months I have been going wild looking up cool things to do, or "bucket list" activities. It doesn't matter if you're very young or not, it's always fun to have a list of things you want to do or plan to achieve.

I have a few ideas listed below if anyone is interested or has any comments on the specific idea.

ImageThis picture depicts the The Poseidon Resort in Fiji where you are able to sleep on the ocean floor. I think this would be an amazing vacation getaway for anyone looking for adventure.

Now, I despise water. I can't swim, I don't want to swim, I won't swim, but I think I could handle this. It would be so awesome to see all the fish and marine wildlife swim past. The only thing I would be concerned about is the transparent walls and everything. Wow!

ImageThis picture shows a few people doing what is called "tree camping". I suppose you can do this anywhere, but the location where these particular people are tree camping is in Germany.

It's like a tree house only more unstable! I would feel like I'm not well supported and that I would easily fall. I'm a worry wart like that, though. I think this would be pretty fun, however. You have everything for a campsite! But... where does the camp fire go?

Well, I think that about does my little talk about certain bucket list ideas. I hope I gave some of you (anyone who reads these posts) ideas about what you want to do before you "kick the bucket".

Until then!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 1:43 am

Here's another soft and calming song. Whenever I hear these songs I always think about practicing some yoga. I have taken toga classes for a little over a month now and I must say the music is so relaxing I almost fell asleep during class one time!

There will be more of these to come! I also wanted to mention that this specific type of genre is probably the exact opposite of my favourite kind. I tend to listen to harder things such as electro, hardstyle, hardcore and handsup. So you will see some songs hovering around those genres as I progress in posting here!

-Lenz

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 2:09 am

Another Tasty Recipe!

Pumpkin Spice Waffles with Maple Cashew Sauce

Servings: 4-5 waffles

Waffle Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or a blend of cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg)
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 tablespoons coconut oil

Step One

In a large mixing bowl, combine the milk (soy works well) with the apple cider vinegar and set aside for several minutes to create “buttermilk.” Meanwhile, sift all the dry ingredients (flour, brown sugar, spice, baking powder, salt) together in a separate mixing bowl.

Step Two

Add the remaining wet ingredients (canned pumpkin and coconut oil) to the buttermilk and whisk until no large clumps of pumpkin remain. Then, slowly whisk the dry ingredients into the wet.

Step Three

Spoon a portion of the batter onto a hot waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron’s instructions, until just crispy on the outside.

When the waffles are done, don’t even think about reaching for the boring maple syrup. What these guys need is some spiced maple cashew sauce…

Spiced Maple Cashew Sauce

The waffles are delicious, but wretchedly incomplete without this amazing sauce. It’s like a buttery cashew cream, but with the sweetness and classic taste of maple syrup all blended into one decadent sauce. It’s rich, creamy, sweet, and so easy to make:

Sauce Ingredients:

1/2 cup cashews, soaked
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
water as needed

Soak the cashews ahead of time (at least one hour) to soften them up. Then combine all ingredients in a blender with 1/4 cup water to start. Blend until fully puréed and give the sauce a taste. Adjust any ingredients as necessary or add more water to loosen it up (so it can be poured like syrup).

And then you should have your amazing and yummy pumpkin waffles with the sweet maple cashew sauce!

I personally have not tried this recipe, but I should! It's more of an autumn recipe anyways, but it still tastes wonderful any season or month, so enjoy![/size]

All respective credit goes here

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 2:14 am

I Bring You More Music!

I love music so much. I think it brings the best out of people (and sometimes the worst) and lets them feel and show their emotions more freely...

This song is very inspirational to me. And honestly between you and me? It helps the hours of homework go by much quicker than without this tune playing!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 2:24 am

I Must Be In The Recipe Mood...

I'm not sure why, and it's not because all of this is making me hungry and craving for more tasty looking pictures, but I just can't help myself to posting another recipe. This one is about noodles, though, so brace yourself for much deliciousness!

Quick and Easy Alfredo

Makes 2-3 Servings

1 Cup Soymilk
1/3 Cup Raw, Unsalted Cashews
1/4 Cup Nutritional Yeast
3 Tbs Low-Sodium Tamari or Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Earth Balance Margarine
1 Tbs Tahini
1 Tbs Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Paprika (smoked is awesome)
1 Pinch Nutmeg
2-4 Cloves of Garlic, optional
Black pepper, to taste

Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.

If you’re making this sauce for pasta, drain the pasta and return it to the hot empty pan. Pour the sauce over, place on medium heat, and stir until heated through. Serve with lots of fresh cracked black pepper.[/size]

All credits and rights are resevered to thispage here.

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Lenz on February 25th, 2014, 2:26 am

It's Music Time

I honestly don't have much to say for this post other than I like this particular song from Deadmau5. Usually his stuff is harder and more fast paced, but I like the way he made this with another artist and slowed it down a bit while still adding in his own "signature".

Music is another way to bring back fantastic, yet sad memories. I hope you enjoyed this song everyone!

Last edited by Lenz on March 21st, 2014, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lenz
A Lost Survivor

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next