Kal Sabbarack

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, all the character sheets are kept for player characters. Feel free to come on in, browse the forum, look at what sort of characters others have created, and then begin your very own!

Moderator: Liaisons

Kal Sabbarack

Postby Sabbarack on September 10th, 2010, 9:27 pm

Kal Sabbarack

Art done by Jackie Sullivan All credit goes to her.

UNDER EXTREME HEAVY MEATY CONSTRUCTION. TO CLARIFY. NOT FINISHED. DO NOT JUDGE ME. :| -Wey/Cale

Basic Information

Race: Human

Character Concept

There is a dock in Zeltiva
They call the Lavi's rest
And it's been the ruin of many a poor boy
And Gods I know I'm one.

A lone ship waits
They call the Lavi's hand
and its been the ruin of many a poor boy.
Gods I know I'm one.

Kal Sabbarack is a young, idealistic university drop out with delusions of fame and glory on the brain. Not having much luck among land, the man is determined to make his living on the open ocean. Wether he's mentally and physically fit to deal with the dangers of the post-valterrian seas remains to be seen.

Appearance.
Kal looks for all intensive purposes like every other twenty-something roaming about Zeltiva. Being a university boy, and the son of a prominent ship-wright, he was born into a middle class family, and looks the part. Black hair sits in a scruff atop the head, only really combed when he's trying to impress. The high cheek bones, defined jawline, and lack of any real facial hair beyond a hairline goatee speak of a rather pampered existence. The young man usually dresses in worn green sack-pants and a white tunic. A belt wraps about the waist, while thick boots adorn the feet. The only other notable thing about his figure would be the small dirk worn along the side. It looks ancient, as if the blade belongs in a museum rather then in active use.

Personality
Kal Sabbarack is much like any other young idealistic twenty-something. His 'quirks' if you will, include a rather startling shift in personalities. An avid reader, the young man has developed a sort of 'comedic value' personality when dealing with other people, asking questions, and trying to be as jovial as possible. A rather bright individual, this side of his personality is very objective, and can actually be quite annoying. The other side of the coin, is the result of an abusive father and a rather intense depression. Simply put, the boy refers to himself as 'hard-assed' when under duress. This is the truth, as the entire persona changes when things start to get out of his control. Introverted, quiet, and very cynical, this side is cold and hard. The two sides of his personality can switch at a moments notice, leading many to believe that the man is bipolar. Far from it, as the first optimistic side is simply Kal overcompensating for the second, cynical side. In all, Kal is much like every other human being. Complicated and messy.

Past

I don't know when it started. Actually, I do. You might say that it began with my birth in Zeltiva. Sadly, I don't really recall the details. I do remember how my parents acted however. They never really let it go, that I was a mistake. Proof of my mother's infidelity. I guess I'm not surprised my father hated me. I would too. Pampering someone else's brat is bad enough, but to have to look at the living evidence of your wife's unfaithfulness? More then any man can bare I would imagine.

Not much else to say, I'm sure you can imagine how life was. I got by. Zeltiva is a wonderful place. One of the last surviving strongholds of pre-valterrian human dominance. Spared utter annihilation by the location. To think a gods' wrath could be diverted with mere geography? Still. Times are tough, and they don't seem to be improving. You might not know it by looking at me, but I went to school to study. I was going to learn the finer art of ship-making. Be like my dear 'ol dad. You take away the disdain, the frequent drunken rages, and the spousal abuse, and he wasn't so bad a fella. Surely a boy could try to follow in his shoes? Now, schooling costs a bit of coin. Might even wonder where my father got it? Or why he wasn't spending it on my three other siblings? Simple, I borrowed a few here and there, and managed to blackmail my biological father for a few more. Sad thing was, I failed. Mother said it was the depression, clouds things out, keeps information from sticking. Sister said it was self pity, and that I needed to wake up and take the world at a glance.

I guess, in a way I did. After dropping out, I found myself on a street corner overlooking the docks. I'm not entirely sure how I ended up there, or why the memory is so vivid in my mind, but if I had to guess, I'd blame it on the alcohol. Maybe even that fella who roughed me up. Can't say I blame him. I did put my fist in his face. Strange how diplomacy can outright fail in the face of aggression.

I'm sure there is a lesson somewhere in that. Something to remember, and keep near to the 'ol heart. Yet, what I take from that night, are the ships. The half-starving lads scurrying about, trying to get to the pubs before the tide took their ships out to sea. The captains roaring to get various odds and ends dealt with, while still loading the valuable cargos in time for departure.

I forget why that stuck with me. Maybe just something that stuck to the back of the 'ol noggin. I do know that in the following weeks, I did a bit of research here and there, supplementing my minimal knowledge of ship building. Out there? Along the deep blue? A man can make something of himself. Leave his past behind. Maybe even find what he's looking for. I won't let that opportunity slip by.

Knowledge

Sailing| 35
Kal has a basic knowledge of sailing, with supplemental experience provided by his own journeys aboard fishing boats. He knows how to lower and raise a sail, row, operate the 'boom' and swab the decks. His knowledge is pretty basic however, and is rather 'messy' when compared to a steady sailor.

Navigation | 10
Kal's nautical navigation skills are paltry at best, and he can barely find his way by the stars, let alone the currents.

Fishing | 10
Kal knows how to fish, with a net, as well as a line. He's slowly improving as he continues to fish in support of his dream boat.

Dirk | 10
Kal uses a small long-knife often referred to as a dirk in just about every situation. From gutting fish, to cutting line. While theoretically, he could defend himself, its never been tested.

Ship Manifest

Ship Details
N/A

Coin
Image+600 GM's.(Starting Package + House turn-in)
Current Spending: 0
Current Income: 0
Current Total

Cargo
N/A

Navigation
ImageCurrent Route: N/A

Repairs
N/A

Acting Crew
N/A

Log