Not your Typical Meeting (Mao, Ora, Puck)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Ora Sa'vina on September 12th, 2010, 1:46 am

22nd of Fall, 510AV
Dusk

It had been a long day, Ora had enjoyed it, but that did not change that it had been a long and exhausting one. The Konti was tired but did not feel the need to go to sleep yet. The young woman had just finished teaching dancing to a variety of men, and after the exhausting and harsh lessons, her knees were sore from falling, and her hands were red from it as well, but, she was happy.

The Konti had left the Tuyva Sasaran at dusk and wound her way to the second tier where the Knirin Gardens were. Ora had not yet visited the gardens, but she had heard from some of her students that it was a lovely place to go visit. As Ora approached the roaring falls in the gardens, she did agree, it was a magnificent place. Even with the light fading, warm, soft shades glinting off of the lake, it held it's own beauty amongst the rest of the city.

Ora looked down at the waterfall as it plummeted, the water moving out to join the Suvan Sea. A small part of the woman wanted to jump, to be in the water, to swim into the ocean and taste the salt water, to feel closer to home. The Konti knew that jumping from the height she was at was more than foolish, it was suicidal; but as of late, things had been getting confusing and in many ways complicated, both things Ora did not care for.

"Enjoy this moment of peace, tomorrow will be another day, but perhaps that man from Labor Aid will find me and explain what is happening..." Violet eyes hid behind pale eyelids as a soft sigh escaped her, the little noise she made was drowned out by the constant fall of water, a soothing growl from nature.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Words: 157067
Joined roleplay: July 22nd, 2010, 2:18 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mao on September 12th, 2010, 2:18 am

It was times like these when Mao enjoyed the escape. Sanctuary was too confined, too congested with the smell of domesticated animals and humanoids alike. The city wasn’t all much better, but at least there was a spaciousness too it that was comforting to the feral kelvic. It had finally dawned on her, after seeing the raised bump on her stomach, that escaping into the Sea of Grass would clearly endanger her child. And deep down, she wanted him. Protection was key, but it was not beyond her to snap at any moment.

Her steps were slow as she walked up the road to the city, past guards and civilians alike, toward the very scene where she had attacked a human male in rage and fury. Now she returned, calm and oddly peaceful, watching the sky deepen in it’s shades, and wondering about the world outside.

She would see it again, no matter the cost. Would she leave with this child in tow? Mao didn’t know the answer, but motherhood would arrive anytime, and she needed to be prepared. Pale eyes fell on the mass of trees lining the Knirin Gardens, and the roar of the waterfall not far ahead. She had settled on a simple, nearly transparent dress that day, pale blue in color but her hair was as usual, messy and unkempt.

But Mao was not alone! There was another here, and the air was filled with her scent. Curious, as she has always been, the kelvic followed the trail, until she laid eyes on a pale, small girl who stood beside the waterfall. She inspected her from afar, another Konti! So many Konti arriving and bustling about, Mao couldn’t help but wonder if they tasted like fish. They had scales like them, as well as gills, and so it seemed to make sense in her mind.

“Don’t be stupid.” The kelvic snapped, loud enough to be heard over the roar of the waterfall. “You’ll fall and die, and then what use are you?” It might have been obvious what she meant. From her stay here, she had assumed every female here were assigned to get pregnant. Ora included.
Mao
Nyancat

Words: 151412
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2010, 10:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Lore Author (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Donor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on September 12th, 2010, 2:55 am

The sudden break in the constant roar startled Ora, a voice breaking the repetition with a sharp tongue. "Don't be stupid." The Konti jumped slightly, turning her head quickly to see a taller, pretty woman with wild dark hair. Ora found herself staring for a moment into the woman's pale green eyes, "Strange..." The woman thought, noticing that the green eyes were not just the color of freshly budded leaves, but also were slits, much like a cats.

"You'll fall and die, and then what use are you?" The woman finished, Ora continuing to stare at the strange, sharp woman. The Konti turned fully to face Mao, blinking a few times before realizing what the Kelvic had been saying. Mao had thought Ora was planning to jump, like a fish into water, though it would have been the death of her. "Oh," Ora said, startled by the realization. "Do I really appear so depressed?" "I had no intention of doing so... I was just looking." Ora took a few steps towards the woman and away from the cliffs ledge, perhaps to reassure her companion, but mostly it was just to reassure herself that she wasn't planning on such depressive things.

The Konti noted a small lump on the over-all lean woman, the lump was out of place, and made fairly obvious that the Kelvic was pregnant. The proposition that Ora had early rose up in the back of her mind, was this woman a Nakivak? Or perhaps she had a lover, and she was not being used.

"I am sorry if I had worried you, I just wanted to see the sea from up here, the best view of it is from the edge." Violet eyes locked onto Mao's green ones while she spoke, her hands holding her black dance shoes. "I am..." Ora paused a moment, catching herself from saying her real name. "Iaila Cailvhas... What brings you here?" The lie that left her mouth cause a small burning pain to rise in the back of her mind, Ora hated the feeling of lies, her own, in many ways, felt worse.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Mao on September 12th, 2010, 4:04 am

Mao cocked her head at the girl. She was a strange one, seemed out of place, apart from the rest. But was it ultimately her fault? Perhaps not! It seemed to Mao that she had a lot of things on her mind. She seemed absent-minded for the moment, judging the kelvic's words for what they were.

"Looking at the outside?" Inquired Mao, "I too long to leave. Or maybe you just like the scenery, but there isn't much there." She came closer to Ora, her scent filling her nose to the brim; she would remember it. "You didn't worry me," She continued, "I wouldn't have cared if you jumped, it happens. To escape this place, people do very wild things." There was something in the way she spoke that implied she didn't rightly care much about anyone in this world, except for one. And he had been absent from her life for quite a while now. It was affecting her, and not in a positive way.

"I'm Mao." There were no formalities, she knew not what that meant. "Are you also a breeder? If not, you should watch your back. There aren't many men here that keep their hands to themselves, and you look young." Mao inhaled sharply, "And smell nice." There was a fanged grin directed at Ora then. The girl was cute, that was for sure, but seeing fear in anyone's eyes brought adrenaline coursing through her veins.

She still longed for blood, despite it all.
Mao
Nyancat

Character sheet
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on September 12th, 2010, 5:01 am

The way the dark haired woman spoke was strange, she spoke like she she was a prisoner. Was this woman being kept against her will? Her eyes glanced over the woman as she continued to speak. "You are stuck here?" Ora wasn't quite sure how this woman was stuck, perhaps it was the baby, leaving would be dangerous or expensive. The young Konti felt a great deal of sorrow for this woman. Her wild hair, sharp eyes and equally sharp words gave Ora the impression that this was not a woman that belonged in a cage, even if the cage was the size of a city.

"You didn't worry me, I wouldn't have cared if you jumped, it happens." What caused this woman to have such a view when it came to life? If this young Konti had seen the Kelvic before her jump to her death, Ora would have wept, she would have hurt, doubly so if she knew of the baby growing in the woman's belly. "You speak of this place like it is a prison," Her eyebrows knit together with a mixture of compassion and pity. Ora motioned towards on of the stone benches set up under a large tree, its leaves just starting to shift into their fall colors. "Are you alright?" Her words were full of genuine concern. Such a pretty face, with such sad words.

The white-haired woman bowed her head and gave Mao a soft smile. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Mao." "So this woman is a breeder," A frown crossed her face, it seemed Ora made the right decision to say 'no' when she was propositioned. Mao spoke oddly, inhaling Ora's scent, how strange this woman acted! Not at all like the few humans she had met before.

"I am not a breeder," Her face looked slightly perplexed, how did she smell nice? She had spent most of the day sweating at the Sasaran. "Thank you, I will try to." Ora blinked a few times, she hadn't experienced curious hands, curious words and eyes, sure, but nothing more than that.

"How long have you been here, Mao? I just arrived three days ago, I still have yet to see everything Riverfall has to offer." Ora changed the subject, smiling, her face returning to a cheerful youthful expression.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Puck on September 12th, 2010, 7:53 am

An Akalak strode into the Knirin Gardens. His skin was a common shade of cerulean, and he was of decidedly average height. Dressed in a plain grey tunic, breeches, and low cut boots, the man cut a decidedly unremarkable figure. Yet there was something in his eyes as he stepped along the twilit path toward the Konti and Kelvic. Wonder? Awe? The observant soul would have noticed the beginnings of tears welling in his eyes as he took the first few steps toward the pair, but anybody could detect the trembling in his husky voice. "Is... Is that you? I was told I could find you here! My dau-"

Then he stumbled. Not more than nine meters down the path from the Konti, he lurched forward and reached around to feel his back. Blood, dark in the dimming light, dripped from his fingers and his mouth gaped. "I... I lo-" he took a few more trembling steps toward Ora, his arms falling limply at his side as he struggled to keep himself upright. Finally, his legs gave way and he collapsed face down on the path. It was then that they saw the bolt sticking out of his shoulder.

A second Akalak, shorter and dressed entirely in black, appeared down the path. Mao's heightened senses detected his approach, yet the Kelvic was apparently no surprise to the newcomer as when he came into sight he had a light crossbow trained on her chest. Though as he noticed her swollen abdomen, his aim dropped to focus on its bulge. His other hand also held a crossbow, this directed at Ora. Both were loaded. He slowly closed the distance between him and the pair until he remained out of charging distance, but close enough to ensure a hit. "I do not know who this man is, but he will not die. Now neither will you if remain silent and nothing rash occurs. I need you," he gestured at Mao with one crossbow, "to lay on the ground face down with your arms on your back." Motioning with his other crossbow toward Ora, he spoke again, "Now I need you to be quiet and come over to me." His voice too, trembled; but rather than with awe or wonder, this man was filled with anticipation. He stood on edge, his body desperately wanting to give in and pull the triggers. Yet he held back- the goal was far too important.
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Words: 143109
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Mao on September 12th, 2010, 10:34 am

Mao heard the man before he came into their proximity. She had felt the vibrations in the earth, his heavy breath, and it tore her attention away from the Konti and towards the Akalak that seemed to Mao, to reenact the same events that transpired when the kelvic had first arrived to Sanctuary. There was something in her that twitched for a fraction of a chime, but she remained silent, even when the man keeled over from an apparent unseen assault with an arrow.

So too did Mao stay still when the form of another Akalak emerged from the shadows. She could see his weapons aimed at them both, but he seemed to take great care to direct the one crossbow to her stomach. Her fingers twitched, nails flicking in anticipation. Was he testing her? Was he really, truly testing her? Because if, for any other reason, if she had not been with child, perhaps she would not have given it a second thought. Her nails would have sunk into his flesh, as would her canines. But now! Now she had to think. Risk her child for this konti girl?

But Mao disliked orders. She disliked everything related to rules and maintenance. She wanted freedom, and the Akalak's words made her blood boil. She hissed softly, then her pale eyes darted towards Ora. He wanted her, and would Mao let him have what he wished? He had pissed her off, and when Mao was pissed off, she wasn't about to let it go.

"Untie my collar." The kelvic snapped to Ora, quiet enough that only she would, hopefully, be able to hear. "Quickly."
Mao
Nyancat

Character sheet
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)

Postby Ora Sa'vina on September 13th, 2010, 2:27 am

The woman’s attention turned quickly from Mao to the generally average looking Akalak. The man spoke directly to her, his eyes seemed unusually wet as he moved closer to the two women. “Is…. Is that you? I was told I could find you here! My dau-” His words cut out, stumbling over apparently nothing, his hand reaching out towards the two. “I…I lo-” Blood dripped from his fingers as he reached towards the Konti, staining the ground.

Ora found herself moving slightly towards the woman, confused, her eyebrows scrunching together as she tried to process what the man was saying. “Is this…? Father?” The small woman started towards him as he fell, a bolt sticking out of his shoulder, blood staining his tunic.

The woman stopped in her tracks as the second, shorter Akalak showed up behind the collapsed man. In his hands were held two crossbows, loaded. One was pointed at Ora, the other was pointed towards Mao, not just Mao, but her unborn child. The man spoke; his words filled Ora with fear. He wanted the Konti to come with him; Ora had no desire or intent to go with this man, a man who quite possibly just shot her father.

Violet eyes shifted slowly to Mao, the woman spoke quietly, under her breath. Ora could barely hear what the Kelvic had said. “Untie my collar. Quickly.” Her eyes moved to the collar around Mao’s neck. Her heart was pounding, her mind was racing. What if she couldn’t get it off in time? What if this man shoots Mao before Ora could get the collar off? Ora trusted this woman, believed her, but Ora didn’t wish for any harm to come to this woman or her child.

But she knew she had to do something. Anything. Quickly, the woman turned in front of Mao, blocking the woman’s swelling belly, her fingers moving up around her neck, removing the Kelvic’s collar as quickly as her small fingers allowed.
Ora Sa'vina
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Puck on September 14th, 2010, 3:03 am

Click. A slight adjustment. Click. Two bolts whirred across the distance, nigh invisible in the despondent light. Not even a sliver of hesitation had manifested in the man, as soon as Ora moved he had squeezed the levers of his crossbows. While the projectiles had been bound for Mao, the slight body of Ora had managed to shield her from both the bolts. One iron tipped object lodged itself into the Konti's lower left back, while the other pierced the flesh of her shoulder.

Working like lightning, he dropped one of his crossbows and grabbed a lever on the side of his remaining one. Pushing forward, a wicked looking bayonet emerged from the weapons tip. Pulling back the light cord of his weapon, a light click signified it was ready. The man reached into his pocket for another bolt, confident he could reload and shoot the remaining female before they could cross the distance. "I will give you another choice, over the falls. On the floor or off the edge, now."

Meanwhile, pain bloomed in Ora's fragile body. Already her shoulder was growing numb, as was her back. Poison. As her heart unwilling distributed the toxin through her body, the numbness spread. The bolt had affected the much heavier Akalak quickly, and Ora had received two doses- in clearer terms, she was going down fast. Her hands lost feeling, clumsily fiddling with the collar. She swayed as the foreign substance crept down her arteries and into her legs, threatening collapse. Another frantic moment, and another, and Ora collapsed.

The man took a single step closer to Mao, "Do you really want to test your luck?"
Puck
Loving your Lazy Eye

Words: 143109
Joined roleplay: May 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Mao on September 15th, 2010, 2:21 am

Mao hadn't expected the blue gorilla to shoot at all. She knew the consequences of hurting a pregnant woman (after being scolded many many times for attempting to devour several of them), so his actions caught her somewhat off guard when she witnessed the arrows sink into the small woman standing in front of her. She had fallen before the collar had been untied, and whether the kelvic was annoyed because of this or angered because he had shot an innocent girl was a mystery. She merely stood there however, as Ora collapsed and she was vulnerable to the man's second set of arrows. Her eyes were narrowed, and she neither blinked nor shifted her gaze. It was a predator's showdown.

But Mao was not entirely unintelligent. She had just met this girl, why would she risk her life to ensure she isn't taken anywhere? Why would she risk her life because she had been shot? Inside her mind, her inner instincts were raging and hollering, screaming at her to think, to survive! No, she would not sit there and take the bolts like some damsel, for once in her life she would grudgingly oblige to a man's demands, and she slowly, but carefully lowered herself to the ground, laying on her stomach upon the cold, damp grass, right beside Ora.

The collar had not been undone, but after he did what he did with the girl she would claw at it until it came off, and then the true hunt would begin. But for now, she lay still on the ground, arms behind her back as he had said, and she made sure to keep her expression blank, lest he find it amusing she'd complied either way. Let him take the girl, her scent was already ingrained into her senses. Mao would track her down, more because of her own fury than to save the Konti.
Mao
Nyancat

Character sheet
Scrapbook
GP's Angels (1)