Swift Hand and Fierce Demands

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Miro on March 26th, 2014, 11:54 pm

18th day of Spring, 514 AV

Miro loved to see the factors that made drove a Ravokian to act as they did. The things they indulged in that drove them in the chaotic city. The combined corrupting elements often pushed them to do the most devious of things. Greed, lust, envy, competition and selfishness. Most did not believe in law in Ravok, and instead only acted within their power. And in Ravok there were plenty of things that made you powerful. Being human gave you power, as did being a citizen, having the right now, having money, and most of all having Rhysol's favor. Nothing was better than being the one who decided what was just.

This was the great appeal of the Ebonstryfe. They decided what was right and what was wrong. They were supposed to obey the general views of the city and things that defined prestige, but Miro was not like most. He understood truly how to serve Rhysol, unlike most in the city. There was no order and rule in Chaos. Though the laws certainly did exist, the apprentice saw them as nothing more than a test. They were obstacles to overcome, things to do in secrecy, or else the challenge of law was failed. It was plain to see, this was how the Defiler wished his city to be.

Sometimes it was that the elements of corruption came together to create a despicable creature. The man the wizard followed today was a perfect example of this. A man this well dressed, with that smug a look on his face, obviously wealthy. With how carelessly he walked about the busy area. A golden chain dangled loosely from his pocket, yet he paid no heed to it. The man was so daft that he whistled as he walked about the Merchant's Ring. Anyone who had earned their wealth cared enough to protect it, and those who understood Ravok walked about with caution, no matter who they were.

Yes, it was obvious, this man was spoiled and naive. He had been given everything, never had to work for anything, and could only understand privilege. While the family's of the city knew more privilege than anyone, they fought tooth and nail to hold onto it. Men like this were different, weak, but necessary in the city. They were the innocent meant to be corrupted. A sacrifice to the realms of evil and chaos. This was something that the Chained One rarely allowed himself to miss. Miro would just follow at a distance and watch with a careful eye. Somebody was going to make a sucker of this man, it was only a matter of time.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alanna Higgins on March 28th, 2014, 11:08 pm

Boredom had taken Allana over which was not really a good thing...nor was it exactly bad.
She had found nothing to really catch her interest she had nothing to occupy her twitching hands, itching for any sort of challenge. The day was nice just like the day before and the day after will be Allana’s hair was a rough four inches long it was laying down flat looking rather elegant for once. Allana slowly walked the dock around the “noble” district. She made one whole loop around the whole of the district before thinking.

’Yeah right nothing all that noble in this city...Least not that i can see today...’
She walked up and over a bridge heading to the Merchant’s ring hoping to maybe find something worth while to hold her attention. At the best of times Allana was able to hold a loose grace in the way she walked and held herself which helped her to blend into the ever moving crowd of Ravokians. The longer Allana walked the more bored she got, as she walked she drew within her mind. Personally she loved this city, it held a dark sort of obsession on Allana. It was the ideal place to live and practice blending in with the crowd, picking pockets, and many more nefarious deeds. While on the other side of the coin Ravok was a place of great culture that was all wrapped up in the religion that worshiped Rhysol and politics which honestly at the present time didn’t hold much of Allana’s attention.
As Allana walked down the docks the lead around the whole of the district she sighed softly.
Allana paused for a moment before slowly moving aside and out of the way of the ongoing crowd. Chimes pass as Allana stands half in the shadows watching waiting for...something anything really. When suddenly her bright green eyes passed over a rather happy looking fellow. She found herself thinking.
'Oh this is just to good to be true....'
The well dressed man was whistling as he walked down the dock of the Merchants ring, as her green eyes rolled down his clean clothes something shiny caught her interest. Smiling Allana began to walk among the crowd once more being at least four people behind the carefree Ravokian. She moved casually easing along with the crowd rather well. She eased passed one gentleman then a smallish lady and her toddling son. Being only two people away from the man she smiled and easily passed the last two men walking along rather slowly. She slowly began to pick her pace up getting close to the still whistling man. Slowly while trying to be inconspicuous as she reached forward for the small dangling gold chain Grabbing onto it she slowly began to ease it out of the males pocket.
Last edited by Alanna Higgins on April 10th, 2014, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This beautiful Sig was made by Adi Skyglow
Alanna Higgins
J.O.A.T proficient in all master in none

Words: 25583
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2014, 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Miro on April 5th, 2014, 3:10 am

Miro watched eagerly as somebody seemed to take notice of the foolish man with his chained bait. A woman, somewhat young, able to blend well with a crowd. But her hair and less than subtle path behind the target. It didn't take an Aurist to read the excitement in her movements, and it would not be long before an opportunity presented itself. If the woman was a thief, she wouldn't be able to pass up the chance, unless it seemed too good to be true. The real question was what to do after an attempt was made.

Finally an opportunity presented itself, and the woman made her move, a thief after all. Her hands moved with some form of precision and grace, but her mark by chance stumbled. The thief in the middle of easing the chain suddenly was caught with it in her grasp as the man jerked forward, and quite easily felt the resistance against his pocket. The chain was left in the woman's hand, and the man, dramatically stumbled forward and fell to his knees. When finally he rose to his feet and turned he saw his golden locket in some stranger's hand. He patted his pockets to be sure, and as suspected, he found them emptied.

The mark had lost his smug look, and instead found a grimace to replace it. His eyes held an unmistakable rage and his body language was filled with hatred. He yelled at the thief in a coarse tone. "You damned larcenist! Did you think I would not catch you? Ebonstryfe, a thief, a damned thief!" He drew nearer to the woman, his hands clenched into a fist at his sides. "That is my wife's locket. My deceased wife's locket! How dare you even lay a single dirty finger on it." His tone turned grim with the last words and he raised a fist to strike.

Miro had clearly witnessed the entire act and was already on his way over to interfere with the situation. Originally he only had intended to confront the thief when she was successful, but the unfortunate events instead seemed to lead her to being caught. Not only was she caught, but clearly guilty. The wizard was a few feet from the confrontation when he saw the raised fist, and he knew he must act. He focused his Djed to the pathways of his right arm and redirected them to his right leg for a powerful leap to intercept the strike.

The Chained One cursed his disabled body, but thanked his Flux training. He sailed forth with an impressive speed, but lacked much grace. He shifted much of his Djed flux back to his arm to catch the fist in his hand, but found himself stumbling as he landed and his weight shifted forth to shove the man down. He landed hard on his arse and palms, and the look of displeasure on his face turned to pure hatred. Out of reflex the apprentice pulled his badge and flashed it to both involved. "I am Ebonstryfe, I saw the whole thing. I'll resolve this, and I'll resolve it without my fists."

The wronged man once again rose from the ground, somewhat relieved by the presence of an authority. He swiped at the dirt on his pants and adjusted his shirt. "Ah, good, finally. This fiend has stolen from me, and she holds my locket in her possession. I am a citizen, and she has broken the law, so you must arrest her." But Miro was not the type to be told what to do. "I saw very clearly the events that lead to her coming into possession of your locket. Its chain dangled from your pocket, you stumbled, and it fell out. She picked it from the ground, but before it could be returned, you moved to hit her."

The Ebonstryfe turned to the woman and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. He looked through his ghastly mask into her eyes with some form of compassion and spoke in a gentle voice. "Miss, are you okay?" He hesitated for a moment before he moved the hand to offer his open palm to her. "If you wouldn't mind, the locket, please?" He hoped she would give it over easy, but was unsure if she would be compliant. The undead gave a quick glare back at the victim of the crime and snapped at him. "You know, with how you have acted, I almost feel you do not deserve this back. You let the chain dangle from your pocket as if it meant nothing to you."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Alanna Higgins on April 14th, 2014, 10:05 pm

As the man stumbled forward a soft “Petch” left Alanna’s lips.
She stumbled back still holding the locket in her hand. Her brain started working in over time. She had been caught how was she going to handle this.
‘You could always beat silence into the man. If he can’t move his mouth he won’t be able to squeal to anyone....No that’s not the way to go about this Lanna you have to be smart there are many people around..’
Blinking her eyes she quickly dropped her head in submission. Plastering a disgraced look upon her face she drew into herself holding her sides. She watched the man quickly get up and start throwing rude and mean accusations at her.
”I-I am very sorry sir I-I was...”
She tried to feebly explain how her hand found its way accidentally into his pocket. She looked up at the careless man her head still bowed as he raised his hand to strike her she popped her head up and dropped her knees slightly ready to take any flimsy attack from the male before her. As she did she watched a rather darkly dressed male gracelessly landed on the ground between the two of them knocking over the civilian who was about to strike her to the ground. She didn’t really know where the male had come from, she noticed he was masked as he reached into his cloak pulling out his badge he flashed it at the two of them. Alanna let out a soft sigh as she realized this was Ebonstryfe her heart dropped a little.
‘Oh man Lanna what did I tell you about your larcenous tendencies that they were gonna get you into trouble one day!!!’
A small voice scolded her as she took a few steps back, trying to look even more sorry than she did before.
‘Its a damn good thing you didn’t start beating him Lanna what would you do without me....Yes but you could always follow him wait till he's alone, and make sure this scrub of a Ravokian gets his later Alanna...’
Alanna frowned a little and nodded towards the Ebonstryfe’s request about resolving this without their use of fists no matter how much an inner part of herself kept egging her on. Alanna’s mask of shame slipped for a tick, her face contorting into a glare as she stared at both the males before her.Within two ticks her mask was back up and she glanced back down at the ground. As she stared at the ground shock washed over her.
‘This man came from behind he obviously saw me stick my hand into this mans pocket....Yet...hes lying for my sake?....This man must have some sort of angle is he working from.."
These thoughts left Alanna quite befuddled she quickly shook off the shock and nodded in agreement with Miro.
She looked up at him confusion once again crossing her face. She looked up into his eyes through the mask and nodded.
“Yes I am quite alright. I thank you for interfering and clearing everything up sir.... I was just trying to be a good citizen.... I had tried to explain that before...Yet this man seemed to want to resort to violence...”
She gave a soft smile and easily place the locket into his hand.
“I assure you I had no intention of keeping this sir.”
She tried to reassure him, Alanna looked up at the Ebonstryfe and nodded politely.

This beautiful Sig was made by Adi Skyglow
Alanna Higgins
J.O.A.T proficient in all master in none

Words: 25583
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2014, 12:52 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Miro on April 26th, 2014, 12:52 am

Miro tossed the locket back at the wronged man. He was still fuming a bit, but realized there was nothing he could do. At least he got his stolen jewelry back. The real issue was this woman. She had broken the law, been saved, but did not seem appreciative. The act was wearing thin by the time the man had scampered away. There was no doubt that she was a liar. The Chained One was not the person to lie to however.

The undead almost regretted his choice to help this person. So quickly she resorted to acting frail and begging pity. The Ebonstryfe looked down upon the woman and shook his head. "Do not lie to me. The fool didn't appreciate what he had, and apparently you did. You were trying to break the law and he was justified in his desire to hit you. And now you are lying to an authority. One who just did you a favor. Maybe you will reconsider your attitude. Show some thanks."

The tone of Miro's voice was kept steady and he spoke in a hushed voice. It would be problematic to have someone overhear. He would be forced to handle things a bit differently. Forced to prove his loyalty to the Ebonstryfe and Rhysol. He spoke up for this next part. "You, woman, tell me your name and present your proof of citizenship if you have it." But then lowered his voice again. "If not, it hardly matters, I just need to draw the line. I believe you may have a second chance."

The wizard waved over his new person of interest as he walked away from the crowd. "Come here, let's talk in private, away from everyone." He hoped the woman would heed his call, draw away from the others, out of their range of hearing. If not, he understood, he was a creepy looking person. Though he would understand if the thief wanted to go. But perhaps not, perhaps she saw an opportunity when it presented itself.

If given the chance Miro would offer a task, a chance at redemption. The woman would have won her gamble and had a shiny golden locket to pawn off had her target not stumbled. Perhaps with another chance primed for success she could achieve even more. "I have a task for you, a chance to earn quite a bit of money. You'll have to take a risk though. Have to be willing to suffer the consequences. I can give you the details if you are interested." At least if things went wrong she could take the fall for them.
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nemesis on June 26th, 2014, 9:08 am

Alanna Higgins

Note :

Greetings! This is just a notification that I cannot yet grade this thread. If you decide to return to roleplay, please update your ledger with Spring's expenses. PM me when you have done this and I will post your grade award.

Thank ye,

-Nemesis
[/list]

Miro

Knowledge :

Skills

Skill XP
Acrobatics +1
Flux +1
Negotiation +1
Observation +2
Politics +1

Lores

*None

Micellaneous :

Injuries
    *None

Loot/Expenses
    *None

Notes

*Another disappointment that this thread wasn't finished either... again, not tons to give you, but I gave what I can :)

Feel free to PM me with questions, comments, or concerns, if you have any.
Also, remember to either delete your grade request or edit it as 'graded'.
Thank ye!
Nemesis
Fortune and Retribution

Words: 296717
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2014, 8:36 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)